Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Daves Transportation, May 12, 2018.

1. Daves Transportation

Daves Transportation New Member

It has been a YEAR since release, and still no multiplayer. I think multiplayer would be a great way to play, as you can be a passenger or train driver, with the 24 hour schedule running, so you could takeover a train. In CSX you could have a conductor and driver which would enhance the game very much.

What do you guys think?

• Like Like x 1
  2. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

There are already multiple threads tailored to the discussion about the implementation of multiplayer in the feature suggestions category.

3. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

I think it's more urgent to have a road or scenario editor.

This would bring more diversity to the game.

And also the correction of the bugs, still numerous.

This is my opinion. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. giogurto_grande

giogurto_grande Active Member

My personal guess is that multiplayer has been quietly cancelled. I hope that I'm wrong though. But here's why it could have happened:
    • Recently there hasn't been any word from the team about the multiplayer being worked on. Despite that people are asking. Not even a generic "Soon (TM)" type of answer.
    • It may be a change that is beyond DTG's manpower and budget. Unless designed with multiplayer in mind from day one, it's very costly and difficult to add this mode into a single player game. It requires deep changes to the very core and solving a lot of problems that weren't there before. And the mode must be interesting and playable. It's not as easy as just replacing AI services with player-controlled ones. Perhaps DTG attempted to get it done but gave up seeing that it won't be a piece of cake. By the way, has anyone heard of a game that came out single player only and MP was added to it later? (legitimate question here, not rethorical :))
    • Multiplayer won't be a money maker if it makes it to TSW eventually. I don't think that people are going to pay for MP as an extra feature, either once or on a monthly basis. Unless it kicks a**, of course (but read my previous point).
    • Stuff being quietly cancelled in the industry isn't that uncommon. Anyone remembers Windows Phones? Yeah...

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Jonboy1003

Jonboy1003 New Member

tsw multiplayer.PNG

*7th December 2017*

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jonboy1003

Jonboy1003 New Member

They definitely have a strange interpretation of "soon"

• Like Like x 2
  7. NSMotherSlug#881

NSMotherSlug#881 Active Member

By the way, has anyone heard of a game that came out single player only and MP was added to it later? Metroid Prime 2,Uncharted 2,Batman: Arkham, yeah your point is !!!

8. giogurto_grande

giogurto_grande Active Member

My point? I only asked that question out of curiosity. I don't play a lot of games.
    OK, thanks. So there are a few such games after all. Uncharted and Batman are AAA games though. Manpower, budget and all that. I haven't even heard of Metroid Prime series, but I've read that MP mode was "simplistic".
    Anyway, I'm still sceptical about seeing MP in TSW.

• Like Like x 1