1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Daves Transportation, May 12, 2018.

1. Daves Transportation

Daves Transportation New Member

It has been a YEAR since release, and still no multiplayer. I think multiplayer would be a great way to play, as you can be a passenger or train driver, with the 24 hour schedule running, so you could takeover a train. In CSX you could have a conductor and driver which would enhance the game very much.

What do you guys think?

• Like Like x 1
  2. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Active Member

There are already multiple threads tailored to the discussion about the implementation of multiplayer in the feature suggestions category.

3. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

I think it's more urgent to have a road or scenario editor.

This would bring more diversity to the game.

And also the correction of the bugs, still numerous.

This is my opinion. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. giogurto_grande

giogurto_grande Active Member

My personal guess is that multiplayer has been quietly cancelled. I hope that I'm wrong though. But here's why it could have happened:
    • Recently there hasn't been any word from the team about the multiplayer being worked on. Despite that people are asking. Not even a generic "Soon (TM)" type of answer.
    • It may be a change that is beyond DTG's manpower and budget. Unless designed with multiplayer in mind from day one, it's very costly and difficult to add this mode into a single player game. It requires deep changes to the very core and solving a lot of problems that weren't there before. And the mode must be interesting and playable. It's not as easy as just replacing AI services with player-controlled ones. Perhaps DTG attempted to get it done but gave up seeing that it won't be a piece of cake. By the way, has anyone heard of a game that came out single player only and MP was added to it later? (legitimate question here, not rethorical :))
    • Multiplayer won't be a money maker if it makes it to TSW eventually. I don't think that people are going to pay for MP as an extra feature, either once or on a monthly basis. Unless it kicks a**, of course (but read my previous point).
    • Stuff being quietly cancelled in the industry isn't that uncommon. Anyone remembers Windows Phones? Yeah...

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Jonboy1003

Jonboy1003 New Member

tsw multiplayer.PNG

*7th December 2017*

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jonboy1003

Jonboy1003 New Member

They definitely have a strange interpretation of "soon"

• Like Like x 2
  7. NSMotherSlug#881

NSMotherSlug#881 Active Member

By the way, has anyone heard of a game that came out single player only and MP was added to it later? Metroid Prime 2,Uncharted 2,Batman: Arkham, yeah your point is !!!

8. giogurto_grande

giogurto_grande Active Member

My point? I only asked that question out of curiosity. I don't play a lot of games.
    OK, thanks. So there are a few such games after all. Uncharted and Batman are AAA games though. Manpower, budget and all that. I haven't even heard of Metroid Prime series, but I've read that MP mode was "simplistic".
    Anyway, I'm still sceptical about seeing MP in TSW.

• Like Like x 1