Roadmap Update - 29th June 2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jun 29, 2021.

1. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

what was the answer to the next gen gameplay??

2. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

That there would be an improvement to the graphics. And there will be some features that the older consoles won't get due to their limitations. Matt stopped short of saying they will be the same as PC but it will be closer to the experience.

Sounds like they know there will be a huge visual difference but they haven't tested it out fully yet so they are not sure what the new consoles are fully capable of. So they don't want to say same as PC if it's not.

Also they said they wanted to talk about draw distances closer to release.

The way I see it currently the consoles are at minimum PC detail settings. For sure we should be upgraded to at leat high settings if not ultra.

Which is just fine with me because I knew I wouldn't get as high graphics as a gaming computer would when I made the decision to move all my gaming to console. I pretty much just played sports games so it wasn't a big deal. But I missed my simulators and TSW 2020 was perfect for me.

But this Series X is a beast so I am in heaven knowing I'm going to have close to PC graphics on a console for sim games.

3. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I had hoped the gradient profile would be a HUD thing and thus the current problem with the HUD gradient indicator would be fixed.
    Unfortunately it seems this new gradient profile feature is not a HUD thing and can only be accessed while paused, which makes it a pretty useless feature IMO. I hoped they'd add a Train Simulator-alike gradient profile HUD to provide us with more information while driving.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any idea what the status is of the MSB audio improvements (especially the BR146.2)? Roadmap mentions nothing specific about audio, despite plenty of people complaining about the audio of the 146.2. Roadmap mentions some other MSB improvements, so it seems like Adam's team has given MSB some attention. Plus the 146.2 will also be featured in Riesa-Dresden which, I hope, won't be the same bad audio as the current version.

So... any ideas if we can expect audio fixes on the 146.2 with the release of the Rush Hour update?

5. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Can confirm that DTG Natster is not a football fan. Also, if the game had been at 8pm, we'd probably have changed it up.

(It's coming home).

• Like Like x 6
  6. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

The fact we have to pause the game to view this, means it kills every bit of immersion I had while driving. Like you said, if they could somehow add it to the HUD for people it would be much more welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  7. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

Have you ever dealt with Cornwall Council planning department ? ;)

• Like Like x 2
  8. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

If you want the TS20xx experience then just play TS20xx instead! It's not complulsory to view it and break your precious immersion.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Good and informative stream, but I am very disappointed that no work is done on the scenario planner. We waited for this since TSW was published originally, then the conclusion was we would not get that. Instead we got a really crappy and very limited tool. We were asked to write down our suggestions, and now a year later there even seems not to be a plan to do anything.

10. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

looks like a cluttered mess to be honest.

people want more screen clutter?

• Like Like x 3
  11. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I agree in principle. Having it as part of the HUD is what makes it so useful in TS. But how intrusive do you want the HUD to be? In TS , it takes up a lot of screen real estate. I personally wouldn't want the TSW2 HUD to be any larger. Immersion obviously means different things to different people.

12. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Problem with "immersion" in this case is that if you want to be immersed in the driving experience you need to turn OFF all the information rather than get more.
    Trains drivers learn the routes for ages before driving them

• Like Like x 5
  13. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

I fully agree ! Let me explain:
    Improve MSB Added platform edge climb up functionality / How important is a platform edge climb up functionality ?
    Improve MSB Fixed holes in environment / I use it a lot, but luckily never noticed any holes
    What i have noticed is, that my cockpit instruments are dark, which is not nice driving MSB tunnels.
    I have reported the problem, raised a ticket.
    The ticket was finally closed with the remark that the problem was previously reported and "flagged" for review.
    See what kind of info is required ?
    P.S. I think i am not the only one, who finds the DB146 sound awful - does anyone care ?

14. RailRoadEngineer

RailRoadEngineer Member

You guys still wishing that DTG will listen?
    Move on guys!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. haninl0610

haninl0610 Active Member

Well, I have a question for you: If you accidentally fall off the platform, do you want to walk all the way to the beginning or the end of the platform? I don't think so. And it's important (for me and I think for many others too) that we have the 'platform edge climb functionality'.

And about the sound of the DB BR 146.2, it definitely needs a upgrade/improvement, because the sound are awful since the port form TSW2020 to TSW2. And I think that many people care about the quality of the sounds.

• Like Like x 3
  16. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I do agree that the gradient profile is a pretty useless feature if the only way you can see it is by pausing. It would be better if they just fixed the gradient indicator on the hud instead. But hey in real life drivers don't have access to hud's

• Like Like x 1
  17. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

Sorry for my ignorance based on personal priority. However, it is a good point. I am missing transparency in terms of rework or fixing issues. If the majority of people are pissed because of missing climb functionality rather than a dark cockpit or bad sound, than it is ok. A Roadmap in general is good, and describes the future. Rework is something different.

18. mike d1993

mike d1993 New Member

I don’t remember Adam saying it but does anyone know if the PIS upgrades will be included in the roadmap update for the preserved collections?

• Like Like x 1
  19. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

In the end, all of the issues should be addressed over time, and none is more important than another unless it literally stops the game from working

This was discussed later on in the stream, but Adam did say they were still working on "the Lewes issue" for ECW but they hope to have this done in time for release with the summer update

20. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Pretty certain he said the Lewes issue had already been fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  21. mike d1993

mike d1993 New Member

Thank you!

22. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

My point was that Natalie is (as far as I know) Welsh and the others are English. Sadly, Wales are no longer in the tournament.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Just watched the live stream for this roadmap, can someone just clear this up for me as I'm still a little confused.

Will my progress be carried over on my PS5 when I get rush hour?

• Like Like x 1
  24. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Are you already on PS5?

25. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Yeah already using it

26. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Ok then , your progress will be fine

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  27. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Excellent, wasn't sure if the update would mess it up sorry, not if I get rush hour as that's just DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  28. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

29. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Let's not.

Please give the forum rules a quick read. Thanks.

• Like Like x 4