Tgv Reseau Gone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BackdatedTrainsim, Jul 2, 2021.

Tags:
  1. BackdatedTrainsim

BackdatedTrainsim Member

How long as the TGV Reseau addon been unavailable Steam?

Apart from the issue of the pantograph heights, there was little really wrong with it that couldn't have been attended to in a few minutes. And it could have been simply a matter of issuing a patch.
    I cannot find notice of the decision and so I'd really like to know why it was taken down in this case?

2. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

3. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

4. BackdatedTrainsim

BackdatedTrainsim Member

Ah right. Must have missed that.

Even though I've been a (contractual) route builder for DTG for the past year, while I can't really fault the efforts of the builders themselves, I do think that the beta-testing process and the post-release fix process has virtually collapsed and certainly nobody from the route building team can get into addressing bugs because we're always thrust into the next project as soon as we're finished (or whenever release deadline comes, whichever's sooner).

Hundreds of issues could be solved very quickly if they nominated or hired a couple of people to manage TS1 bug fixes specifically, rather than just hoping anyone else has a bit of spare time. I expect a couple of people would even consider volunteering for free if it meant it got done, but the point is to not rely on anyone else in TS1 who has already been handed too much responsibility.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

DTG need to take a leaf out of SCS's book and introduce two things..

a) Bug tracking software and interface > https://www.mantisbt.org/ + the existing forum with dedicated public bug reporting section
    b) Dedicated group of volunteer testers, SCS handle this in two parts outside of in-house testing, Beta testers and Senior beta testers, regular Beta testers test only announced pre-release stuff which is free (like core updates, current map fixes and vehicle additions) Senior beta testers get in on the action during late development stages, very trusted members under strict NDA's as this stuff may not even have been announced it's in development let alone a release date, perk of this is we receive all DLC free, we also have two tier private sections of the forums the Beta testers forum that gen public cannot access and the Senior beta tester forum that not even regular testers can access only us Seniors and SCS staff.

A view of SCS's forum group legend..
    Image2.jpg

Regular (also known as junior) Beta testers are invited by SCS once their public bug reporting has been noticed (i.e. regular posting of bugs in the correct format as per SCS's request and guidelines) and Seniors are again recruited by SCS but only from the Junior pool and only once they've proven their trustworthiness and commitment to testing and bug reporting as a junior.

TBH though I can't ever see DTG committing to anything even remotely close to this, but there you go.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I'm quite disappointed they got rid of it, I was planning to pick it up at some point...

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Been out for ages and been on Sale multiple times and it was a pile of POO - read the thread linked above in #2

8. VictorHugoVS

VictorHugoVS Active Member

Unfortunately I couldn't buy it, I hope they bring it back, as we asked for a solution to the problem and not to shelve the problem.