Route Not Available As Template

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldVern, Jul 11, 2021.

1. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Anyone know why certain routes are not listed, when creating a new route and selecting the terrain template to use? Thinking of making a route which utilises the Sacramento Northern trams etc., so figured I might as well use that for the template, cut down dependencies a bit. However, Sacramento Northern is not listed in the routes that can be used. According to RW Tools it does have its own terrain template, just looks like it has somehow been hidden or suppressed. Unless anyone knows different...

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Everything from DTG comes in an *.ap file format including the assets and templates.
    If the *.ap files have not been extracted then RW/TS Tools won't see them

Peter

3. OldVern

Yes but I am primarily referring to the scrollable list that appears when you first create a route, which offers a choice of routes which can be used as the terrain template alongside which you then enter the route name and origin co-ordinates.

I simply used RW Tools to confirm if Sacramento North had its own terrain template, which appears to be the case.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Sorry I misunderstood.

5. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

I found out the problem, they never made a display name for Sacramento Northern, so what you can do is go to SNRySouth in the G-Trax folder/Template Routes/SNRySouth.bin.
    if you go to where it says "Display name" in RWTools, there'll be nothing there, meaning it won't display in game.
    upload_2021-7-12_13-11-21.png
    Therefore what you should do is change the DisplayName English string to something so that way you can select it, in this case I put "Sacramento Northern Template."
    upload_2021-7-12_13-13-53.png
    One thing to note, I don't know if this messes up with workshop compatibility. Even though I don't think it should, it's nonetheless something to keep in mind.

6. OldVern

Thanks NEC.