Train Sim World 2 - Now All Summer Long

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Is it only a week, though? That's just the the freebie window (which, honestly, i'm fine with) as far as i can tell, but the fact that the latest version of the game is unavailable to the existing playerbase for an undetermined period of time is pretty galling, given yesterday's developments.

• Like Like x 5
  2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

No, but you have a pretty good idea. If it's the Dodgers or the Berliner Philharmoniker, good performances are a safe bet. The Orioles or the Tri-Cities Regional Youth Orchestra......

• Like Like x 2
  3. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Was Friedrichstadt ever planned for the route? I thought it was a no from the beginning along with the track going through it to Coswig. As for Reick, that I think was mentioned to be in the game... but after yesterday I hit a big *doubt* on that one.

• Like Like x 1
  4. VictorHugoVS

VictorHugoVS Active Member

Guys, I'm tired of it, they disappeared with the Dresden airport. And when it comes to epic games I don't see a good thing anymore, like epic wanting to make their games exclusive to it. I'm going to stick with my Train Simulator 2021 so I get less frustred.
    But I have to admit that the new menu is fine, however it would be nice if they started organizing the DLCs by country.

• Like Like x 5
  5. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

WA VERY GOOD EPIC HELP DTG

6. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

I don't understand the complaints here. Epic gave DTG a release slot and instead of releasing an old build there they are pushing out the new one, so they don't have to completely update it after a few weeks. It's convenient for DTG and if you feel like you are losing out on the new features you are free to grab the copy of TSW2 on Epic without charge.
    Posnetek zaslona (159).png

• Like Like x 8
  7. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I am struggling for space with one TSW install never mind adding another one

8. Disintegration7

Sorry. Don't buy this explanation. This isn't the old days where it takes a ton of effort to port to consoles, etc.

It's all the same code.

Also Epic games IS the PC version- so why not release the new version on Steam too? I say this as an Xbox player, but then again we always get the short end of the stick.

• Like Like x 5
  9. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

I think we are missing the small print on the article title it should be All Summer Long waiting for Rush Hour.

• Like Like x 7
  10. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

What a trainwreck this is turning out to be... Oh the irony

• Like Like x 7
  11. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Agreed the train has just barely left the station and has derailed.

• Like Like x 6
  12. LodeStar

LodeStar Active Member

Yes, I also had my doubts about Friedrichstadt, but since it is the main freight shunting station in Dresden, it would make sense.

Reick was talked about, because the IC/ICE trains have their sleepovers there.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

In short, everything is clear, go nahui DTG - a deceitful, arrogant and lazy office that with the latest announcements only pushes the already small base of players into this unoptimized govno. I will not bring more than a ruble to them. Farewell. I will wait for Simrail 2021.

Anyone who will continue to hope for good content - forget the naher: they won't release anything good anymore.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Just give me the 4.26 update and free upgrade to Series X ( unless that's changing too and now we'll have to pay for newer consoles) and I'm good.

I've got 17 routes and 7 locos that should give hours of enjoyment. No need to get greedy and buy any more anyways.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Is this the first time SimRail's been mentioned in this thread?

16. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Did they really cut also Reigate after announced this yesterday??

• Like Like x 1
  17. VictorHugoVS

VictorHugoVS Active Member

I think that Reigate are still in the game.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  18. ExcelsiorGamingYT

ExcelsiorGamingYT Well-Known Member

The livestream tonight was pointless too, i think they have royally shot themselves in the foot with this one tbh. And the attitude thats comes across in the livestreams i have noticed lately is disgusting, they come across like there doing us a favour and we should be honoured to have them ermmmm no we pay for this we keep you in a job!! Some of us have sunk hundreds into TSW & TSW2 We deserve better and we deserve respect too.... and the excuse for the pricing.. do me a favour its still gonna be a half assed job full of bugs and broken like all the rest, you've just become greedy. Like i said before prices increase thats part of life but a £10 jump thats just royally taking the p**s out of your loyal customers. And dont even get me started on EPIC STORE getting the new update before all of us existing loyal players........

• Like Like x 12
  19. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

Bloomin Nora, i leave for a month or two and this happens.
    Anyway, I’m not going to complain about the extra cost as I’m going to my granny’s house soon and she normally gives me money lol. I’m more annoyed at the cutting of 23km or Reisa - Dresden. I mean, come on dovetail, this is a big middle finger to the face. At least I have my many many routes and trains to entertain myself.
    Probably will buy the season ticket cos I want BML And NEC anyways

• Like Like x 4
  20. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Its not a £10 hike. It’s £40 less than if they released the routes separately. Plus you get a free core update.

Why the anger about Epic Store? You, as an existing loyal player, can download it for free next Thursday the same as anyone else.

I thought that the people on the stream were quite honest in what they said, particularly Sam. They weren’t the answers you or I wanted but they did explain it well I thought. Bear in mind that the decisions were not taken byMatt, Sam and JD but the people over their heads (bean counters were mentioned). Like most people, I’m annoyed about the cuts to the Dresden route but at least they explained the reasoning and admitted they made a mistake in announcing content and pricing too soon.

• Like Like x 6
  21. wombleway

wombleway Well-Known Member

Seconded. I thought it was a great stream, I liked the honesty and explanations given, it all made sense to me.

As Sam said, nobody wants to pay more, but it is what it is. The time allotted to the Dev team for the routes doesn't allow them to include the bits they've had to remove from one route. The biggest error they've made in all of this was announcing Rush Hour, and all the details, when it was still a sketchy idea on the back of an envelope. We're all human, none of us are perfect.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Es4t

Es4t Active Member

After watching that stream I’m even less convinced that a. DTG know they’re doing and b. that their customer’s opinion and custom actually matter.
    What a load of tosh!

• Like Like x 8
  23. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I third your statment (not sure if that's a thing lol) But seriously they were honest and I still believe if they hadn't announced the branch lines, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. DTG all to often has announced things they wanted to do but unfortunately can never deliver at times. This is another example and you would think they would have learned but I guess not.

For those still calling for a delay to Riesa-Dresden, ya might as well wave the white flag. I personally will not be buying Riesa Dresden because of this and if people aren't happy about the branch lines not coming, vote with your wallet. Moaning about it won't change anything either. If you don't like the branch lines not being included then you know what to do. NEC and BML should be interesting.

I do wonder if dtg can make the season ticket be so you can perhaps get two out of the three routes instead of all 3. That would be good for me since I don't want Riesa-Dresden

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  24. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Yeah I do want BML and NEC from the get go still, and then the bundle is cheaper, but that means I also buy BRD. However, I also want to make a point by not buying BRD, but that would mean spending 20 euros more on just BML and NEC, which defeats the purpose.

Nice dillema here. I really hope moaning will change something, but you're probably right in saying it won't.

• Like Like x 5
  25. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I agree with the posts above that the stream was great. We all knew the answers wouldn‘t be pretty, but at least we got (as far as I can judge) honest answers. Helped a lot to have Sam there - nothing against JD or any other members of the community team, but none of them can handle the tough questions quite as well as Sam.

One thing that struck me was Sam admitting that they announced Rush Hour too early. In particular, for the entire year, we‘ve always been told that stuff being added to the roadmap is being done slowly and carefully to avoid the exact situation that has come to pass now. I‘d be interested in knowing who decided to announce the Rush Hour routes when they did in a fashion so contrary to how the roadmap was usually handled. Just out of curiosity - pointing fingers doesn‘t help anyone.

Only thing left to do now is to wait and see. I‘ve gone from buying it day one to wait and see. I‘m still looking forward to NEC and was never interested in BML. The previews for BRD will probably end up being what sways me one way or another.

• Like Like x 2
  26. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

From what I can remember, Rush Hour was leaked before DTG was forced to announce it.

• Like Like x 2
  27. wombleway

Buy the bundle, save yourself money, don't install the Dresden DLC.

You've saved yourself money on buying the bundle instead of paying full whack for both routes you wanted, and the stats will show that the Dresden route is played less should register with DTG. Personally, I'll install all three regardless, I'm really not bothered about the route being cut down as it was my least favourite route of the three from the outset, but I'll still play it.

No point paying more just to prove a point, that's just crazy.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  28. wombleway

Good point. Possibly a bit of damage limitation at the time which, unfortunately, has caused more collateral damage in the process further down the line.

• Like Like x 2
  29. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

You know, I'd actually pay more money if added developement time is allocated to adding the branches, I think it would be fair to pay more for more developement time. I actually made a poll on it, and how much people think those branches are worth.

• Like Like x 2
  30. JazzyGeofferz

JazzyGeofferz Member

I've been suspecting the last few days that the article that leaked and then became the announcement was a placeholder that wasn't supposed to be seen, but once it was accidentally posted and worked out as being from DTG they'll have had to announce something. It's all coming back to bite them now.
    Credit to Sam, he gets some of the toughest jobs when it comes to breaking news and having to explain things on streams and he always puts in a shift.

• Like Like x 2
  31. solicitr

In other words, PPP=PPP (poor prior planning = p***-poor performance)

• Like Like x 4
  32. solicitr

Yeah, Sam is what Tom Wolfe dubbed a "flak-catcher" and he carries out a lousy job amazingly well. Respect.

• Like Like x 6
  33. JazzyGeofferz

JazzyGeofferz Member

I've got a lot of time for him. His other stuff is highly entertaining as well.

• Like Like x 2
  34. junior hornet

And he’s on holiday this week as well.:cool:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

Maybe them meant summer 2022….

• Like Like x 2
  36. nockwurst

That’s basically saying “look at the shiny bauble over here, pay no attention to the deep foreboding pit over there in front of you”. It’s misleading and it’s patronizing. Would have been better to just get the bad news out of the way immediately.

• Like Like x 1
  37. nockwurst

DtG gone the Games Workshop route: welcome the new players, #$&@ the existing players.

• Like Like x 2
  38. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Let's be real here guys, I don't think anyone is walking away from this situation having benefited from it.
    This has genuinely got to be a perfect storm of all the bad things happening at once, there is absolutely no way of avoiding it.
    I really hope this sends a message to the higher-ups at DTG that some changes need to be made, as they continuously abuse the trust of the playerbase.

I still have plenty of respect for Matt, Sam, the community managers and the rest of the development team, as they clearly seem passionate about their work. This whole situation is undoubtedly tough to deal with.
    But whoever is calling the shots should re-evaluate their decisions and stop overpromising when the reality is, things don't always go to plan. What happened in this past week will undoubtedly impact their bottom line, and rightfully so. Changes are needed with management so this cycle can be broken once and for all.

Developing games is hard. Some of us realize that. However some very poor decisions have been made, and it's about time that DTG makes a bigger effort into earning the trust of their playerbase. This game has huge potential. Utilize it. Listen to the player base.
    Things don't always go according to plan, but that's okay. Mistakes need to be owned up to. Sam's push for transparency within DTG has helped a lot already, so it only makes sense to continue that by working with the community and truly listening to our feedback.

We all want the game to be better, but this can only truly happen if changes are made at the top, to stop this cycle of over-ambition and under-delivering. You guys are capable of doing better.

• Like Like x 11
  39. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

IIRC it leaked a couple days before it should. I don't think that made much of a difference.

• Like Like x 4
  40. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

All München Augsburg layers are there on Xbox series S/X and PS5.
    It’s confirmed by Sam

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. Disintegration7

A little good news!

• Like Like x 1
  42. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

My take from the stream was that it's basically our fault for expecting them to actually deliver what their marketing hype says they're going to do.

As for people saying that it was leaked so that's forced their hand, I'm sorry but that's bull. The leak was exactly what was eventually officially released. If it wasn't what they wanted to go public with, there was no reason they couldn't have just called it out as fake and put out the correct press release.

• Like Like x 10
  43. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

my take was roughly the opposite.

I felt they were saying there was no way they should have marketed it before it was finalised. Not blaming us for expecting what they said, but actually saying we get it, we said it, we were wrong to do so.

doesn’t make it any better now, however I hope it will make a difference to future marketing that they shouldn’t announce detail until they are ready.

• Like Like x 1
  44. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

That would be a nice gesture on their part if nothing is going to be changed.

• Like Like x 2
  45. junior hornet

Whoa! Rewind a little. Does this mean that the layers won’t be on Xbox One and PS4? Another broken promise? We were told that they would be available once optimization was complete.

• Like Like x 2
  46. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

You realise optimisation is only on Next Gen, as was said way back.

There is a line between being critical and just flat out bashing for nothing. Stay on the right side of it.

• Like Like x 4
  47. Lamplight

No, we weren‘t. It was said that they‘d try to optimise the game far enough on old consoles to enable layers. It was never said that they were definitely coming.

• Like Like x 2
  48. Hidden Donkey

Hidden Donkey Active Member

you can also get it for free, so no problem at all

Thats how it works i dont know why people complaining

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  49. junior hornet

I must have missed that. I’m sure they said that optimization would be happening to allow layers from the moment that HMA was released which, if I remember rightly, was some time before next gen consoles.

• Like Like x 3
  50. Lamplight

You‘re right in saying that optimization is happening on old consoles. That was the entire point to an extend. But HMA layers coming to old gen consoles (at that point just consoles) was never promised.

I get that we‘re all a little on edge right now, but let‘s stick to the facts.

• Like Like x 1