If You Were Going To Add A Full High Speed Route In Tsw2 What One Would It Be?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by dezzy1, Jul 31, 2021.

1. dezzy1

dezzy1 Member

What high-speed route would you like to see in TSW 2 it would be a complete route with the full line in it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Eurostar : St Pancras intl - Lille Europe via ebbsfleet intl

• Like Like x 1
  3. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

HSL zuid (and it's Belgian and French names), from Amsterdam to Paris Gare du Nord, via Rotterdam, Antwerp and Brussels.

The reason is that it is a diverse line with Thalys, Eurostar and domestic High Speed services in the Netherlands, Belgium and France. There are also many interesting non-high speed routes running largely parallel to the high speed lines. These lines could be included too, to provide a lot more variety, and I actually suggested a feasible section of it, from Den Haag to Breda in the Netherlands (only the Rotterdam - Breda section is part of HSL Zuid). This variety is key, there are more than just high speed Thalys and Eurostar services, but also domestic ones both on (like IC direct in the Netherlands) and parallel to (like the conventional Intercity and Sprinter services in the Netherlands) the High Speed lines, and this could set the route apart from usual high speed lines (like LGV méditerranée) that have only one type of high speed service. This would probably also be the most interesting Eurostar route, as it feautures multiple stops in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Antwerp and Brussels, instead of just a run through the Channel tunnel, however, it wouldn't feature the TMST, only the Velaro D.

This line would feature many of Western Europe's largest and most Iconic cities and urban areas, aswell as stunning bridges across the Schelde Delta, farmland and forests. However, it's length makes it impossible (currently?).

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

For me, Eurostar: London St Pancras - Paris Gare Du Nord / Brussels Midi via Ebbsfleet International, Ashford International and Lille Europe.

• Like Like x 1
  5. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

I'd say either the Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Frankfurt Or Schnellfahrstrecke Hannover-Würzburg
    But I also agree with Jonas and saltychipz.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

The only possible high speed line in the US that could be included in a single route would be Brightline's service between West Palm Beach and Miami, but it isn't a HSR by definition, only "Higher Speed Rail". Its top speed is only 79mph, though future extensions plan at least 125mph. It also only has 3 stations ATM.
    maxresdefault (1).jpg
    Brightlines-florida-route-map.png

The NEC is too long to be included as one route, we are only getting Boston to Providence so far, and the rest would have to be sold as separate routes.

Amtrak has a Higher Speed Line in Michigan (The Michigan Line) but route length would be a problem, as a full service on that line would need at least Chicago and Detroit. Plus only 2 trains with 8 services use that route.

The rest of the US HSRs are either in planning or under construction.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mikeboy

Mikeboy Active Member

The ECML

8. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

It would be the GWE for me, Bristol - Paddington or even better Cardiff - Paddington. The route has a lot to offer especially with branches like Oxford ETC. Or Kings Cross - Newcastle. My preferred era would be in the 1980's but an up to date route would work also.

9. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

Midland Mainline from London St Pancras-Sheffield with class 43 HSTs and class 222 meridian DMUs. It’s 100+ mile route though…

10. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

LGV Perpignan Barcelona because it can Introduce Spain to the game and a switch from left track running to right track running before the Perthus Tunnel French Spanish Boundary. link to LGV Meditrrean Line can be done in 2 phases Phase 1 LGV Avignon-Montepellier completed in 2018 and Phase 2 LGV Montepellier Perpignan. The other one is Schnellfahrstrecke Lepizig Nuremberg forms a link between Rapid Transit to HMA with phase two being Nuremberg Augsburg Railway so that the ICE3 or ICE T in Bitterfeld can be driven from Bitterfeld to München Hbf via Augsburg and Nuremberg.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

I hope DTG can make a high-speed line from Cologne to Frankfurt

• Like Like x 1
  12. Renfe cercanias

Renfe cercanias Active Member

I would like to see the complete Spanish high-speed line Madrid - Barcelona (not only Spanish trains circulate on this route, since with the rail liberalization the SNCF and Trenitalia companies also circulate). With which if we obtain this route in its full length, we would have a variety of three different trains and three different companies (Renfe, SNCF and Trenitalia)

In addition, dovetail can reuse files from the ICE 3 that circulates along this line, as well as the tgv that also circulates along this line by SNCF

C ave serie 103 - 1 Mundotrenes.jpg El-108-009-de-Ouigo-en-Barcelona-Sants.-©-Albert-Maestre.jpg Trenitalia.jpg

Here you have the map of the route, and you can see all the stops made by the high-speed trains

MapaLavBarcelona.jpg

To summarize: Why am I betting on this route and why do I think dovetail should think about it?
    Well, for the following reasons:

1) Introducing a new country to the game

2) Introduction of new security systems ... ERTMS and Asfa

3) It would be the first High-speed route with 3 different companies making the same line, with which the variety will exist

This has been it. Thanks for reading me !

• Like Like x 3
  13. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I think one of the things about high-speed lines is they are usually very long, and thus more unlikely.

If, only if, I could choose I would get the WCML & ECML in game, even if broken up.

• Like Like x 4
  14. dhekelian

You say it would introduce Spain as another country but Spain is in the EU and the EU have lots of routes no?

15. trainsimplayer

EU isn't a country, so it's different. And Spain is quite different to Germany, as far as I'm aware.

• Like Like x 1
  16. dhekelian

Don't tell VDL that or there will be trouble, hahaha.

17. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Yeah, and pretty much every country has a completely own railway system, with its own way of operating, its own safety systems, its own unique rolling stock, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  18. dhekelian

I was joking about the EU being a country despite what some EU politicians think.

19. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

HS2
    Oh wait, it doesn’t exist yet XD

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

I'd quite like them to finish one of the HSR routes they tease us with a tenth of, really! Beyond that, any of the TGVs that go to Paris would be lovely, given I don't remember seeing that city in a train simulator before.

21. dhekelian

I'll think you will find it does exist and is being built as we speak. I think London to Birmingham is the first phase.

• Like Like x 1
  22. trainsimplayer

It's not though. And, in railway terms (i.e. taking this away from politics) they are typically very different.

Germany & France for example, Different safety systems. Spain & Switzerland have some railways on different gauges etc.

• Like Like x 1
  23. driverwoods#1787

How about the Transborder segment Perpignan-Barcelona Railway. Then it can be linked to LGV Méditerranée Avignon-Marsellie in two Phases LGV Avignon Montpelier 2018 build and Phase 2 LGV Montpelier Perpignan. Remember the Ouigo TGV need a route for depot Runs that's why I went with Perpignan-Barcelona. Note the Parallel Barcelona Celebre Port Bou Line has Dual Gauge 1.66m Iberian Gauge 1.435m 3kv DC to Figures Vilafant station for Renfe 252 freight to Perpignan Le Soler Freight Yard.

24. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

I would do the Great Western Main Line + Bristol to Birmingham + London - Glasgow + Glasgow - Edinburgh + Edinburgh - London. Yes. Technically, A HST could run from paddington to kings cross by going to bristol taking the crosscountry route then WCML to Edinburgh them ECML to KC

• Like Like x 3
  25. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

Thats more than one route ;)

26. driverwoods#1787

Too Long If I were you break those down as GWML Reading to Bristol. Cross-country route Bristol to Birmingham West Coast Mainline Birmingham to Preston. Next Section is West Coast main line Preston Glasgow and Carstairs Carstairs Edinburgh.

• Like Like x 1
  27. dhekelian

It's not though? I already said I was joking although VDL isn't, go tell her.

As for France didn't the UK build there railway system and is why trains in France drive on the left? Here is a useless fact for you, more cars drive on the right in the World than the left but with trains it is the other way round.

28. supersimfan#2303

supersimfan#2303 Well-Known Member

For me i don’t mind as long as dovetail introduces some new country’s like Spain.

• Like Like x 1
  29. kenobi#1878

30. dhekelian

A joke by saying something doesn't exist when it does? I would work on your material if I were you.

31. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

My favourite high speed routes are Cologne-Frankfurt or Nürnberg-Munich, on both routes the ICEs can drive up to 300 kmh and are pretty long, the full Nürnberg München Route does exist on a game named ProTrainPerfect 2 and this route would be really fun to play on TSW2 because PTP2 isn't a good train game, but otherwise a nice route is Stuttgart München, that also exists on PTP2 but it isn't a real high speed route, but the trains can still drive there up to 200kmh and between Augsburg and München also up to 230 kmh, but I would be really interested in the cologne Frankfurt route because I drive there one time a week to visit my father and it would be cool to drive on it by my self

• Like Like x 1
  32. trainsimplayer

I'm pretty sure kenobi#1878 means "doesn't exist" in the sense it isn't constructed, and thus doesn't really exist (yet) when it comes to operating trains on it (therefore not suitable for TSW, for now).

I think "it was a joke" was just an (terrible) excuse to try and get out of jail free there.

• Like Like x 1
  33. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Anything that does not involve 20 minutes in the Chunnel.

• Like Like x 2
  34. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I think people have different definitions of "fun." Sitting in the driver's seat doing nothing but hitting the Sifa button every thirty seconds while the scenery whips by too fast to see, for an hour or more, isn't really mine.

35. solicitr

However, Folkestone-Calais would be really easy for DTG to model!

• Like Like x 1
  36. driverwoods#1787

Cologne to Frankfurt if made DTG will abbreviate that as SRM while Nuremberg-Munich SNM. SNM does have DB BR102 which can then layer into Main Spessart Bahn HMA HRR SKA Hamburg-Lubeck Ruhr-Sieg Nord and Rhein-Ruhr Osten routes. On HMA & SKA DB BR102 can max out 200 km/h 125 mph. Only passed by the Taurus 145 mph 230 kmh

37. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

LGV Rhone-Alpes & Mediterranee would be nice, but I'd like to see Köln-Frankfurt and/or Frankfurt-Karlsruhe too. But if we're looking towards something completely new, then I'd like to see Rome-Naples high-speed line.

• Like Like x 2
  38. kenobi#1878

I was referring to the fact that it was mentioned in 2009 and is still nowhere near completion

• Like Like x 1
  39. trainsimplayer

That's kinda what I mean, it's still under construction, and operationally doesn't exist.

40. kenobi#1878

Moral of the story, don’t make bad joke XD
    In all seriousness I’d like to another french route with the TGV duplex power cars on the single deck coaches (can’t remember the name)

41. Renfe cercanias

Renfe cercanias Active Member

42. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  43. driverwoods#1787

• Like Like x 1
  44. elaineedwards2013

I would also like the Southwestern Mainline from London Waterloo - Southampton Central, as well as the Southeastern Mainline with the Class 444 and 450 Desiro, etc.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  45. elaineedwards2013

LGV Méditerranée and Rhône Alpes would be lovely in Train Sim World 2.

46. dhekelian

I remember someone posting up about the Orient express. Wouldn't that be a coup of sorts for DTG if they managed to get that in but knowing DTG we would only get a small portion of it like what they did with the GWE.

47. solicitr

Right. A 4-day, 2700 km route in TSW. Set in the 1950s or earlier, because it's not worth doing the truncated post-'62 route.

• Like Like x 1
  48. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

Italy, Rome to Florence then on to Venice,

49. solicitr

Not worth it. I've ridden that route- it's mostly tunnels.

• Like Like x 1
  50. dhekelian

The Venice Simplon Orient Express route of London - Prague - Venice, never will happen but i can dream, lol.