[closed]

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by diamondderp, Aug 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

[Closed]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

The update was originally planned to go live Tuesday, but then got pushed back to Thursday to coincide with the Rush Hour content release. I suspect this decision was made because DTG discovered the problem very late and then quickly submitted another patch update to Sony, hoping it would get released on August 19. That’s my theory but it doesn’t seem too unlikely.

What bothers me the most is how DTG is acting as if this is not a big deal. We (the players) decide what is a big deal and they should apologize for the inconvenience already. That’s what decent companies do when their customers are let down by them. Sony is not to blame. The developers always knew the rules in terms of getting updates approved for release.

• Like Like x 16
  3. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

Its easier to just blame Sony. Really makes DTG look like incompetent cowards.

• Like Like x 6
  4. ronaldluo#4727

ronaldluo#4727 New Member

The worst case is actually DTG is still working on the PlayStation patch and haven’t submitted to Sony yet but throw away all the responsibilities to the publisher. Otherwise, it is difficult to explain why there is no timeframe at all for implementing this update from Sony.

I really wish I am wrong but as the time passes, for example if not solved in one week, then it is really high possibility that it is DTG’s fault

• Like Like x 2
  5. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Watching the live stream on Tuesday after the initial announcement was made about the update we were told that the delay was so the game would run smoother, Well it has... If you have a PC or Xbox. For PlayStation 4 users, The game is broken. The advice given by DTG about uninstalling and then reinstalling or waiting until the store has the DCL's on 0.00 have turned out be useless and don't work. No sign of the team this morning. No sign of the update, DTG yesterday were blaming Sony. But it's hardly the first time DTG have messed up with an update so I'm not willing to accept the fault lies with Sony, A game I have spent hundreds of pounds on I can no longer play. There is no way in hell I'll be buying the Steam set when it's out as no doubt that'll be another game breaker.

• Like Like x 5
  6. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

You could but Sony are Ignorant

7. phillipa#1949

That sounds about right Actually but Sony & DTG be as Ignorant as they will not tell the consumer that

• Like Like x 1
  8. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

phillipa#1949 I have removed your comment. You are welcome to voice your frustrations, and you are allowed to be disappointed with the situation. But be aware of how you are talking about another person. There is absolutely no need for aggressive name calling.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

I notice your still taking the time to censor us yet no one at DTG seems to want to take ownership of the actual issues people are experiencing and when we're likely to see some kind of fix.
    First class PR DTG, first class.

• Like Like x 10
  10. DTG Natster

It's important to remember these forums are for users of all ages. With the current difficulties the community are experiencing, there's a high likelihood younger community members could be finding their way on to the forums in search of the same information you are looking for.

Please see the Forum Rules here.

We are currently looking into why users might still be experiencing difficulties getting access to your add-ons, and why users are experiencing crashes. This is not being ignored but at this time we have no new information to share with you. When we have updates to share we will.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. PHJ-MGF

PHJ-MGF Well-Known Member

Might still be experiencing difficulties. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Stop it my sides hurt. Get a grip and own up, it's a bloody shambles man.

• Like Like x 10
  12. marcsharp2

"Might still be experiencing difficulties", A game I have spent hundreds of pounds on I can no longer play as before. I'd say that's a minor difficulty at least.

• Like Like x 6
  13. DTG Natster

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. ottselmaster

How its going for us ps4 users.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  15. Dagrynn

Dagrynn Member

I checked the PS store for my DLC and found I'm given a free version when I click on the Preserved Collection. I downloaded the Peninsula Corridor and it works in game without crashing. The more recent DLC do not have free versions and still have prices listed on them. This appears to be Preserved Collection only.

• Like Like x 1
  16. stephen220378

stephen220378 Active Member

Well I've downloaded, GWE, Rapid Transit, Tees Valley, Main Spessart Bahn, West Somerset, Northern T-P and LIRR from the PS Store and none of show up in game. The only working DLC I have is East Coastway which strangely was there along with the 3 original TSW2 routes. The rest of my DLC doesn't have free versions in the store. The fix DTG posted yesterday doesn't even work.

• Like Like x 4
  17. ottselmaster

DTG has no clue at all. This is the worst launch i have ever seen and they still haven't said anything.

• Like Like x 6
  18. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Same here. Installed my collection most of which was free but it doesn't show up in game. Paid another £24.99 for Cathcart by mistake even though I already bought it before but that doesn't work either, (I'm on PS4 slim).

A message of apology, goodwill gesture for my wasted money, and an assurance that this will be fixed would be appreciated from DTG.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  19. ottselmaster

Dont take that at all. Contact Sony and tell them whats going on. This is DTGs fault. The fact that you can pay for dlc TWICE is unacceptable. All the while their "solution" is total b.s.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

There are lots of messages. You just need to read them properly. They will not come to you home apologising personally to you. Come back to reality. This is just a game, not the worlds end.

• Like Like x 6
  21. stephen220378

Contact Sony customer service, they'll refund you as the DLC should not be available to buy twice in the PS Store. They'll be able to see you've bought it before.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Yes, good idea. Thank you both. Hopefully DTG fix the game too.

• Like Like x 1
  23. saxon#3093

saxon#3093 Member

have the same situation and have raised a ticket - so will see what comes out

• Like Like x 3
  24. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

Absolutely get in touch with Sony and tell them what's happened. People say they don't issue refunds but they do if certain conditions are met. Accidentally paying twice for the same content is bad for business, whether it's DTG's fault or Sony's fault. In fact, anyone who is currently missing content from their game can contact PS Support, inform them that the latest patch has removed paid content from the game and inquire what their options are. It's likely nothing will come of it, but it would increase visibility on the issue.

While we're here, I'd like to commend the prescient copywriter at DTG who thought that "chaos brews" was a brilliant opening line for the Rush Hour product description.

• Like Like x 4
  25. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Oh no...thats horrible...

• Like Like x 3
  26. marcsharp2

People have spent hard earned money on this game, some (myself included) have spent hundreds on this game that no longer works, I'd say we are well within our rights to be frustrated and angry about this

• Like Like x 9
  27. Nielsen

There’s a better way to download previously purchased DLC than going to the PS Store. Highlight the game on the PS4 desktop and press the down directional button on the controller. This opens a sub-menu for the game where you get some additional options such as downloading owned DLC without entering the PS Store directly. This way you can avoid buying things twice.

That said, downloading DLC likely won’t make a difference until Sony releases the update DTG keeps talking about.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. Maik Goltz

Buying things twice is a pure customers fault, not a manufacturers fault. So, that is not a valid argument to me. I i bought something i should remember it.

• Like Like x 2
  29. Patrick Kolinski

Patrick Kolinski Active Member

After this disaster you think that is a customer fault?? You really serious?? Go see if i come….

• Like Like x 4
  30. stephen220378

Wrong, the PS Store is designed so that you can't buy something twice unless there's a technical fault.

• Like Like x 8
  31. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Are you for real? If you’ve bought a dlc the PS store should not still be showing the price it should be showing purchased and not allow you to purchase it again on that same account. Once again someone is wrongly blaming the customer rather than blame those who’s fault it really is.

• Like Like x 7
  32. Maik Goltz

So, this is a PS Store fault, not a DTG fault. But even then, i know what i bought in the past, so i would know there is something wrong and would not buy it again accidentally. That is what i wanted to say at least. If you can't remember what you bought, make notes :)

33. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I have never encountered this problem so I can pay twice at a ps store for the same product. The major update must have corrupted the licenses, and Sony doesn't know if the product was purchased.

• Like Like x 2
  34. stephen220378

It's a DTG fault because their update doesn't work as it should. Plain and simple.

• Like Like x 5
  35. Nielsen

It was a problem before the update.

36. Maik Goltz

Yeah. Wait, i will stop the world rotating for you again, just be patient a bit.....

• Like Like x 1
  37. stephen220378

Eh???

• Like Like x 1
  38. Leroy Jenkem

Leroy Jenkem New Member

Of course this guy is going to shill for DTG after receiving multiple paychecks from contractor work for them.
    The instructions have been to redownload the dlc, not hard to figure that some people might inadvertedly rebuy the dlc as this sort of thing should never happen. While I havent fallen a victim of such a mistake myself I have witnessed such an issue once before in over 2000 products purchased on my PSN account over almost 15 years.

• Like Like x 2
  39. Richard CZE

My opinion is that it was a mistake to publish everything at once. Big kernel update, big fix pack, PS5 upgrade, rush hour. I'm not even surprised that it causes such problems. First of all, DTG triggered this chaos with its corrupted update, then more bugs began to form. On top of all that, the PS store is not able to find out if the product is purchased. And this usually causes corrupted licenses.

• Like Like x 1
  40. Maik Goltz

Definitely not the reason (believe me). If you would know me better (you probably could if you played TS1 the last 10 years), you would know that i especially are not always satisfied with the things DTG is doing, also not with TSW now. The bit of work for them will not change my mind at all. But i am a realist, and so, i know where it is usable to do a complain and where not. Most people here are complaining all the time no matter what happend. That is not helpful at all.

• Like Like x 5
  41. saxon#3093

saxon#3093 Member

I have seen that if you use the PS4 phone app, it clearly shows the dLc I have purchased (in contrast to the store via the PS4. That said, when I tried to force the update from the phone app there was an error

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Whilst I appreciate you actually taking the time to add to the conversation (you taking notes DTG) Malik, your last sentence I do take issue with. Rather than dismissing them as complainers, perhaps ask yourself why they are complaining, I think in this case it's more than justified.

• Like Like x 7
  43. Nielsen

Complaints are always helpful if people care to explain why they are dissatisfied. In this case it’s obvious why.

• Like Like x 1
  44. DTG Natster

It's true we do want you to share how you are feeling, be that positive or critical. - I still don't have any changes to share for the time being. But we are working to get you back back to playing asap. I will update relevant threads when we get more information.
    This thread here has a list of everything that is currently being looked into. https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/player-reports.43678/

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  45. Maik Goltz

Makes no sense for me to discuss this further. I'm the bad guy. And i knew that before starting the conversation :) That is the thing that will never change. Think what you want, complain against what you want. I have said what i wanted to say. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  46. Richard CZE

I wouldn't call it a complaint. We are debating our update issues. Right now, I wouldn't do anything with the PS4. The mistake is somewhere else. But we can talk about this problem. TSG put his opinion in the debate and I am happy to read his opinion on the situation.

• Like Like x 2
  47. phillipa#1949

I am Sorry but i love this & have spent quite a bit of money on it & i am sorry DTG Are not doing much to fix it & further to that we are not going to be refund by Sony or DTG If the worse comes to the DTG MUCKED it up they have a duty with SONY to fix it.

Further to that i feel so sorry all ps4 users who spent there money on building up a collection like i have done & i am affraid to say the person who made those comments on that live you tube stream its nothing to do with us was insensitive to all playstation 4 users

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  48. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

I certainly never made out you were the bad guy in fact quite the opposite, I was pleased someone with a direct connection with DTG (however tenuous) was conversing with us. But hey, can't stand the heat as they say....

• Like Like x 3
  49. DTG Natster

There is a lot being done to fix it, unfortunately it's just taking a bit longer than we anticipated. We really appreciate how patient the community are being.

• Like Like x 4
  50. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

So, DTG Natster I take it this is not gonna be solved before the weekend?

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.