Dtg, Have Mercy :)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by breblimator, Aug 21, 2021.

1. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

Well, if you dont have -DX12 as a starting parameter, you play the game in DX 11 because afaik the game starts natively in DX 11 so there is no point of rolling back.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

There have always been graphical issues trying to use DX12, long before Rush Hour or the 4.26 Core update.

3. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

口吃嚴重
    me too

4. AGoodJudge2

AGoodJudge2 Active Member

Perhaps the solution for them would be to commit to making fewer mistakes in future.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Just wanted to clarify a couple of the points of discussion.

If you have DX12 on your system (most of you do) thats fine, you dont need to roll back. By default, the game will run in DX11 mode which is perfectly fine and DX12 supports that - that's the backward compatibility. There are many who are using -dx12 command line which forces TSW to initialise and use DX12 mode - *that* is what is not supported. Simply leave it doing what it does by default.

For those of you with mods and not having crashes, I salute you. Fantastic. No issues there. Some people are NOT seeing issues and honestly I don't understand it :) There may be other factors influencing it.

If you do NOT have mods installed, and you do NOT have a custom engine ini, and you're NOT using DX12 then there IS something else wrong, and you SHOULD report as much info as possible to support so we can continue to investigate.

Matt.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

ok thx matt ceo

7. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Thanks Matt

• Like Like x 1
  8. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Could the DX12 be the issue on Series X with the texture glitching in cab. Some routes it flickers blurry and returns to normal but SEHS and TGV it stays blurry where you can't even see the writing on the desk as its just blocks and on the TVM you can read it at all.

On Boston Sprinter just the ATC panel fickers like crazy and you can't read it either.

I watched a Colonel Failure video on the weekend and he did not have the same issue with the flicker on PC.

So hopefully can be easy fixes as it is quite immersion breaking for at least the 2 routes that it doesn't just flip back.

But the outside scenery is so spectacular and everything else looks fantastic.

Look forward to a bug fix in the future after everyone has access to all their DLC.

9. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I don't have any MODS and the system is running fine after the update -- DX12 never has been supported by TSW2 - so why should one expect it to suddenly not cause a problem with an update that still doesn' t support DX12. That logic I do not follow. Obviously you have an axe to grind,,, but we don't agree.

• Like Like x 2
  10. redrev1917

Not that I have an axe to grind at all, I have always had DX12 installed on PC and couldnt understand why it was suddenly it was an issue, Matt has since clarified that unless you force TSW2 to run in DX12 then it will run in DX11 which is what I thought was the case, it was just Nat's initial comment which confused me. Not everyone is an IT genuis like you ;)

• Like Like x 2
  11. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I can answer this. I took Matts advice. I fall into the “IF you have mods” category.
    I “DID” uninstall everything and having looked today most mods have been repackaged to 4.26 so I will start to put the, back.

I have had NO crashes at all, only the error on exit.

12. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

When you error on exit - is this every exit? How are you exiting? Can you share a video of this? (or has someone else that can point me at the link)

Thanks
    Matt.

13. breblimator

breblimator Guest

14. Glazier

Glazier Member

@TrainSim-Matt, I recorded a video for you :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  15. HeyYoPaulie!

HeyYoPaulie! Well-Known Member

Hi Matt.

Based on reports shared by other players and my own testing earlier today, the post-game UE crash report appears to be linked to Dovetail Live. When logged into DTL in-game, I get a UE crash report when exiting the game.

When I log out of DTL in-game, the crash report no longer appears when exiting.

I posted steps to reproduce the issue here: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...ngine-ini-settings-or-dx12.44265/#post-361548

Thanks

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  16. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

I also get these exit crashes but they seem to be random to me. They dont happen everytime, just sometimes. Regardless if I quit the game with alt+f4, press quit in the main menu or quit the game from other menus.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  17. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

I still “loose” button functionality on PC/Xbox controller. I have to use keyboard to get into timetable after choosing loco. During a MBTA loco end run i lost the B button on the controller and had to use Q on the keyboard to acknowledge the ATC/ACSES commands. And the Operation Shift Control does not work. (Support ticket sent but not answered yet.) And I get a crash report after exiting the game which doesn’t crash until exit command. The game stops alright but with “leftovers” on the desktop.

18. redrev1917

If I exit from the main menu no crash - if I exit from a route's pause screen directly - crash everytime.

• Like Like x 2
  19. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

I have only exited from the pause screen once, and got the crash on exit.

Every other time, I have gone back to main menu then exited, this has been fine, so potential to match the experience of redrev1917 there

• Like Like x 1
  20. breblimator

breblimator Guest

the same here

• Like Like x 1
  21. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

A crash doesn't occur for me if I exit from the main route selection screen.
    If I exit after completing a scenario (within the route options screen), then I get the UE crash message.
    Note: I am always logged into Dovetail Live and this was only tested playing the Boston route.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  22. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Same here, even when logged out of Dovetail live.

23. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I have had no crashes in game and no crashes on exit from any screen. I have not been logged in to DTL for a long time now.

• Like Like x 2
  24. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

You are right… been dealing with IT since the early 80’s and a cyber-security consultant (still practicing by the way) since the mid 90’s and at times I do forget some are not familiar with the tech they use…. My apologies

• Like Like x 2
  25. redrev1917

Apology accepted matey

• Like Like x 1
  26. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

In your Steam settings just delete the "-DX12" command. It will default to DX11.

• Like Like x 1
  27. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

He doesn't use the command that is where some confusion was.

I have had the opposite experience. I had a modified Engine.ini and use mods, mainly for the Diesels Legend pack but others as well. After I upgraded I booted the game and it ran fine. I went into the Diesel Legends and ran the modified 101, which hasn't been updated btw.

Then I started to read all these reports saying you have to delete your modified Engine.ini and any mods that was done for pre update. I did a full reinstall and even deleted folders, when I got in game the micro stutters were back, I haven't had any CTD's though, I didn't before.