District Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by akshay26, Sep 7, 2021.

1. akshay26

akshay26 Active Member

This is a suggestion of the London Underground District Line for TSW2.

The District Line runs between Upminster and Ealing Broadway, with branch lines to Wimbledon, Richmond, Olympia and Edgware Road, which would give players multiple services like Richmond to Upminster, Upminster to Wimbledon or Ealing Broadway to Upminster. The District Line runs alongside the Circle Line between Tower Hill and Gloucester Road, with the Hammersmith & City Line between Aldgate East and Barking, with the Piccadilly Line between Barons Court, Acton Town and Ealing Common, and with the London Overground between Gunnersbury and Richmond. The Piccadilly Line runs express alongside stopping District Line trains. We could maybe have AI 1973 Stock Trains on this section. If a London Overground route is created in TSW2, we could have the 378 and 710 as layered trains.

District Line map.gif

This route could be set back in 2014, which would have the C, D and S Stock Trains on the Circle, H&C and District Line. The C Stock was constructed in 1968 and entered in 1970 and ran until 2014 when they were replaced by the S Stock. The D Stock entered in 1980 and ran until 2017 when they were replaced by the S Stock. The S Stock entered service on the H&C Line from 2012, the Circle Line from 2013 and the District Line from 2013 to 2014.
    C Stock
    C Stock.jpg

D Stock D Stock.jpg

S Stock
    S Stock.jpg

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Pretty much shows that a good chunk want the Underground in TSW 2

• Like Like x 1
  3. awdcafc

awdcafc New Member

I agree District Line would be great for TSW 2 surface and overground gives you both worlds.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

If you'd taken a moment pre-post to pop "District" in the search box, as per usual forum etiquette, you could have saved yourself re-posting (and us re-reading) the same thing that's already been suggested numerous times before... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

So? What's wrong with adding another voice? This is a forum, things will get discussed that have been discussed before.

I think the District line would be an excellent choice - multiple destinations, not just A to B, and good for steam too when it finally arrives.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Factor41

Seems to me that it makes more sense to add your voice to the same place where all the other voices are being added, but yeah, whatever, clutter is king.

My thoughts on this route are exactly as they were previously. Hope that helps.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

I hear you, but then people get accused of reviving necro posts. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Factor41

Most are pretty recent. All I'm saying is it wouldn't have hurt to do that search first - it's good policy as a forum user. This isn't even the first to suggest the changeover time period which would allow the various different stock to feature...

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/district-line-london-underground.40499/
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/london-underground-district-line.42745/
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/district-line.41202/
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/district-line-in-tsw2.24901/