London Underground | District Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ZeenozPlays, Jul 26, 2021.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Today, I am suggesting the District Line of the London Underground for TSW 2.

Most of the information can be found in this video.

The District Line is a subsurface line of the London Underground. It has multiple branches along its line, including the Upminster Branch, Kensington (Olympia) Branch, and more. The line is 40 miles long, with 60 Stations.

The line connects with some other tube lines along its route. These lines include the Piccadilly, Circle, and Hammersmith & City lines. Some of these lines, namely the Circle and H&C can be added to the route since they use the same rolling stock as the District Line.

It would be cool to see the Piccadilly added as well, as it runs an Express/Local Service Pattern with the District line, and it would be a nice thing to experience.

[​IMG]

Rolling Stock

[​IMG]
    C Stock

[​IMG]
    D Stock

[​IMG]
    S Stock

What are your thoughts on this suggestion?

• Like Like x 14
  2. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Good suggestion. The bakerloo line does not have much variety due to no branches and no AI services from the other line(s). The sub surface lines include lots of variety because:
    There are multiple rolling stock, the S8 and S7 (or if you are old, the D78, A60(2), and C69(77) stock). Not only that, DTG might be able to make a Scenario where you have to change lines (Where a District Line becomes a Circle Line). Personally, I think an AIO would be better, with the H&C, District, Metropolitan, and Circle

• Like Like x 6
  3. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Way too many stations to model. Parts of the network would be ok, but then expect people to complain that the route isn't complete. I've said this before but the most potentially ideal tube line to do next would be the Circle line.

• Like Like x 2
  4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I would like to see the circle line as well

• Like Like x 1
  5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea but this is too long because it's going to take time to detail the route and it has ATO CBTC enabled. Therefore it plays like Haputstrecke München Augsburg S-Bahn

• Like Like x 1
  6. tallboy7648

Yeh it's not long in terms of miles but in terms of stations so I don't see this happening. DTG couldn't even give us the dresden branch lines. I would like to see the District line in the future though. It could come once the tech gets better

• Like Like x 1
  7. driverwoods#1787

Correct that might be useful for Unreal Engine 5 route.

• Like Like x 1
  8. tallboy7648

It's not down to the engine itself, but mainly development time.

9. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Maybe, they could do this like what Just Trains did with Western Main Lines. Example:

Name Suggestion: London Subsurface Network

London Subsurface Network: Ealing Broadway - Upminster (the core section)
    London Subsurface Network: Wimbledon Extension
    London Subsurface Network: Edgeware Road Extension
    London Subsurface Network: Olympia Extension
    London Subsurface Network: Richmond Extension
    London Subsurface Network: The Complete Collection (includes all extensions for District Line)
    London Subsurface Network: Tower Hill - Paddington Extension
    London Subsurface Network: Hammersmith Expansion (Allows for both Circle Line and H&C Completion), Requires Tower Hill - Paddington Extension
    London Subsurface Network: Harrow-On-The-Hill Expansion (Requires Tower Hill - Paddington Extension)
    London Subsurface Network: Uxbridge Branch (Requires London Subsurface Network: Tower Hill - Paddington and London Subsurface Network: Harrow-On-The-Hill Expansion)
    London Subsurface Network: Harrow-On-The-Hill - Amersham (requires london subsurface network tower hill - paddington and Harrow on the Hill Expansion)
    London Subsurface Network: Watford Branch (needs Tower Hill - Paddington, Harrow on the Hill Expansion, and Amersham Line)
    London Subsurface Network: Chesham Branch (needs Tower Hill - Paddington, Harrow on the Hill Expansion, and Amersham Line)

10. AirbourneAlex

Making up to eleven extensions for one route is highly impractical, especially when extensions have other extensions as dependencies.

• Like Like x 2
  11. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I would like to see the district line, but I think it's a bit impractical at the moment.

I (as I have suggested in the past) think that the Circle Line (Full Line) & Hammersmith & City Line (Full Line) with the District running along side, and also getting the Wimbledon Branch & the spur to Ken. Olympia, with the extension to the District Hammersmith, so you can do an interchange here. It is only 4 stations less but it does get a lot more variety, with services here there and everywhere.

Plus, this alternative sees a little of the Met as well, having all 4 Sub-Surface lines in One.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. AirbourneAlex

That's a good point. If the Circle line were made it would include parts of the District line anyway, in addition to the H&C and Met lines.

• Like Like x 2
  13. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

By looking at this route and potential stock it looks great, however due to it’s number of stations even without the branches seems too unrealistic to be seen in TSW 2 at this point

route seems to have a similarity to the Tyne and Wear metro as in one branch could be realistic but not both or multiple in this case and I imagine the branches would be a want as an inclusion in such routes

14. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

As someone who has travelled a lot on this line over the years it would be good. However, at this time I would not want the route. With Bakerloo not having a full realistic timetable, I fear the District Line would be way too empty. If they can sort the dispatcher, plus any memory issues with a lot of services, then I'm up for it... But, for me, not at this time.

• Like Like x 1
  15. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Maybe. We could get part of the line instead like the Wimbledon to Edgware Road or Ealing Broadway to Upminster. And even with ATO the drivers still can drive manually, they just prefer ATO since it’s easier

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  16. driverwoods#1787

Thanks for telling me about this the way to automatic train operation is going to work it's simply like Haputstrecke München Augsburg LZB to which you have another train behind you. Headway between your train and the other is 1 minutes to 30 seconds.

• Like Like x 1