Dresden Timetable Feedback - Request

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Matt, Sep 12, 2021.

1. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

yes

2. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Platform: Playstation 4
    Loco / Cab: Talent 2 (I think)
    Weather Settings: N/A
    Date : [Month] N/A
    Service Name / Time : RE18 Dresden Hbf - Cottbus - In the Journey Mode, under the There and Back Scenario
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : On loading screen
    Detail of Issue: Game Crashed

3. nitraxfox#6791

nitraxfox#6791 New Member

Platform: PS5
    Loco / Cab: BR143 DB
    Weather Settings: [Default]
    Date : September
    Service Name / Time : 07:16 S1 Coswig - Dresden
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : On start
    Detail of Issue: Player spawns at random location on route, nowhere near the train

Same issue posted before but can confirm this also occurs on PS5.

4. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

The avoiding line is way too dead, you almost never see another train on there.

5. George1862

George1862 Active Member

My Game keeps crashing

6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Platform: Steam
    Loco / Cab: BR 363
    Date : [Month]
    Service Name / Time : Freight Riesa - Chemical Plant / 9 :16
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : on the beginning
    Detail of Issue: spawned on foot, far away from the train
    Link to a video: BR o7

7. acela2163

acela2163 Well-Known Member

Loco: BR146
    Weather: [Journey]
    Date: 1 Feb 2019
    Service: 16:45 RE50 Leipzig Hbf-Dresden Hbf (Second Journey Chapter)
    Issue Occurred at: 17:28
    Details: Player train is held at a red signal just past Radebeul Ost for several minutes for a freight train to clear the junction. When it does, the player is then routed onto the S-Bahn line to Dresden-Neustadt, making the wait at the signal pointless.
    Also this service spawned with a BR146 at both ends instead of a Cab Car.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  8. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I am not sure about this particular service, but I would assume the freight train was a coincidence as the RE50 is typically blocked by an S-Bahn ahead on the same line and not trains on the fast line. The section after Radebeul Ost has no signals for a couple of kilometers (which is strange but prototypical), hence the long wait and the train blocking your path will be far down the line.

9. Higgybaby90

Higgybaby90 Active Member

Noticed something else, all freight trains from or to Riesa are very short. That is because DTG set up the train length to fit into the short tracks of Riesa Rbf.
    Of course, trains should fit inside the tracks they use, but it is not that important for a crew change (especially if it wouldn't block any other train on the mainline like in Riesa Rbf). Of course variety in length is always nice, but it feels strange that all trains in Riesa are short

• Like Like x 1
  10. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Not sure this is exactly what you're looking for here, but since I've mentioned it elsewhere...

Platform: PS5
    Loco / Cab: DB BR 101 causes issue for any
    Weather Settings: Any
    Date : Any
    Service Name / Time : Any
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : 00:00:00
    Detail of Issue: With the 101 installed, every timetable service on PS5 causes a crash on loading Dresden. Literally: loading screen, kicked back to PS5 home screen, error CE-108255-1. Uninstalled the DB BR 101 and the problem goes away. Reports suggest it's fine on XBox.
    Link to a video:

11. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

Platform: Playstation 4
    Loco / Cab: BR 101
    Weather Settings: N/A
    Date : [Month] N/A
    Service Name / Time : Timetable
    Detail of Issue: Loco not appearing in the game

12. Cramnor

This video could be of interest for the routing of the RE50 between Radebeul Ost and Dresden Neustadt as well as Dresden Neustadt and Dresden Mitte:

(Starting at 1:09:00)

13. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Perhaps some AI freight trains that go onto the fast line just before Coswig (coming from Dresdem Friedrichstadt) could help make the fast line more populated? :)

• Like Like x 3
  14. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Loco / Cab: Any that spawn in on S1 service.
    Date : June
    Service Name / Time : Spawn on foot at Coswig at 16:05 (Waiting for S1 16:10)
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : [mins, if known] Start
    Detail of Issue: - service gets held up arrives at 16:20 behind the 16:17 RE50.

15. Christiaan

Christiaan Member

I feel like the timetable needs to have a revamp.

First off, the "fast line": It is sometimes quit busy, but only in one direction. I made a list of all the trains to Dresden and a list to Riesa, what surprised me was the fact that at busy moments on the line to Dresden, there were almost no trains in the direction of Riesa. So almost every time you take a service on the fast line, you have hardly one train in the other direction. My advice would be, keep the amount of IC and ICE services realistic, but increase the amount of freight traffic.

Secondly, the departure and arrival times are way too wrong. I always arrive too early with SIFA and PZB active, sometimes even 2 minutes too early! A journey from Dresden too Riesa takes in real life 25 minutes at most. In game it is 31 minutes. Do others have this arriving too early problem too? If so, please change this!

Sometimes as a S1 service I end up waiting minutes for the RB to Grosenhaim to change from the fastline to the slowline. In this time I could have easily made way for the RB and continued my journey. Also I think the pathing for IC/ICE and freight around Dresden Neustadt or Dresden Mitte is wrong, but I am not sure about this.

Lastly, Dresden hbf could still be a bit more busy and it would be nice if freight trains would be directed to the yard near Dresden Hauptbahnhof, but I don't know if that is realistic.

Edited by DTG Natster - watch your language.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  16. acela2163

acela2163 Well-Known Member

I had thought so, but I checked the 9 map and the S-Bahn train ahead had long since cleared the signal and was just arriving at Dresden-Neustadt, while my signal didn't change until the freight train cleared the signal on the fast line. Also, until my signal changed, the HUD was displaying a speed limit change of 50kph, showing the the points were set for me to cross over behind the freight train. The RE50 should run on the fast line between Radebeul Ost, and the Leipzig bound trains do, so I thing this is a case of the Dresden bound services being mis-routed.

17. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

The last freight service starting at 20:49 has again an annoying problem: The train gets setup by the AI and you cant disable that. Its super annoying and I am really wondering how this got through testing. The AI should never interfere with the player. I am really wondering why the AI isnt driving the train instead of the player.

18. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

If layers/locos are added to this route from other routes/locos, then TrainSim-Matt should have requested specifying those particular other DLCs that you might own.
    I think this could be a cause of crashes due to memory constraints.

19. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

Loco: Spawned on foot at Reisa at 9:30am
    Weather: Light cloud
    Date: September

Issue occurred: Boarded first Talent 2 that arrived as passenger. Travelled to Dresden. Got off train and took another Talent 2 as a passenger back towards Cotswig.
    Detail of Issue: While travelling away from Dresden, at about 11:15am, the train encounters a red signal and stops. Every other service nearby is stopped at a red, including one on the same track as the train I am riding.

20. MatsH

MatsH Active Member

Loco: BR112 & BR143
    Weather Settings: Default
    Service Name: S2
    Time: 06:34, 07:04, 10:01, 10:31, 13:01, 13:31, 14:01, 14:51, 15:01, 17:31, 18:32, 21:01 (12 services)
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : Start
    Detail of Issue: It's like the train is controlled both by myself and the AI. Headlights, instrument lights, train line power and a lot of other things switch on by themselves. The doors open and close by themeselves. Brake key is on in the cab of the Dosto in the rear of the train.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Loco / Cab: BR 442
    Service Name / Time: RE15 Hoyerswerda - Dresden HBF 09:27
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service: Shortly after Coswig (around 9:48)
    Detail of Issue: There is a go via marker without dispatch beyond shortly after the pre signal. This results in a 1000 Hz influence which slows you down only for the signal to turn green a few meters after the pre signal.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Higgybaby90

Higgybaby90 Active Member

And I've found another mino thing:
    If you take over a Talent 2 service, AI will turn it dark completely (battery off, Display cleared, ....). Together with the short preparation time, it gets pretty tough, to run back to the second train and turn them on again. Otherwise you run a completely cold and dark (but crowded with passengers) unit in the back. For a crew change at a platform it is pretty strange to turn the train completely off, I guess.

23. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Just completed IC Dresden - Köln (9:23) using the BR 101.

Had I stopped exactly where the blue stop marker wanted me too, the rear most door on the IC coaches would have been off the platform.

EDIT: Playing on PS5, there were very noticeable frame rate drops along the entire route. Very ‘sticky’ throughout.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Task

Task Well-Known Member

I had the same problem with an IC service.

• Like Like x 1
  25. jolojonasgames

+1

Can confirm I also had it, really weird as there is more than enough space, bit the game wants you to leave out ~2 coaches.

• Like Like x 2
  26. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

Platform:Steam - PC
    Weather Settings: Default
    Service Name / Time : Roderau - Dresden Freight at 11:33
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : Start
    Detail of Issue:

This service launches fine when you spawn straight into it.

The issue occurs when I try to spawn on foot and take it over at Roderau. When I get in the brake pipe won't charge and the brake cylinder won't clear. I can't apply power. I can get the brakes to charge and the cylinder to clear by doing nothing (leaving the reverser in neutral and not touching AFB) as I take over the service. However, power still won't apply. If I turn on AFB, the BP goes down and the BC goes up, but neither will clear by setting the AFB to a non-zero speed and trying to release the brakes. Also, I can't reset the loco by opening the MCB switch.

As an aside, it would be nice if the freight services starting at Roderau weren't immediately cleared two signals onto the main. Being able to approach a red just before the main would allow us to pick our slot by hanging back at the initial yellow.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Ben132465798

Ben132465798 Well-Known Member

If you leave the seat for, let's say change PZB-mode, the AI will take over and drive the train for you

28. breblimator

breblimator Guest

something wrong with the service description or the planet is inverted in this one :)

Untitled2.png

• Like Like x 1
  29. conniethunder

Is that a special MOD that you are running there? ;)
    That has to be unique.

• Like Like x 1
  30. breblimator

breblimator Guest

• Like Like x 2
  31. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I don't get it?

• Like Like x 1
  32. breblimator

breblimator Guest

In the game, this is an eastbound service (Riesa >> Dresden).
    The in-game description suggests it is westbound (Köln << Dresden) :)

IC Köln - Dresden sounds better for me in this case.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  33. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Drawing a line on this thread at this point - please wait until you get the new timetable and if you have feedback on that please note that in following replies. There's now no point commenting on the existing timetable because it's not current anymore on our side. You should have the new one shortly, and then I am eager for any feedback.

Thanks - hopefully most if not all of what you've said above is resolved or at least improved in the new timetable, thank you all for your feedback so far!

• Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 6
  34. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I will just add, although it's probably too late - freight services still don't have descriptions (stream >> only generic ones).
    Maybe it bothers just me? :)
    BR o7

• Like Like x 3
  35. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Really looking forward to play the update, great stream, beautiful branch,lots of freight only downer for me was the fact that as far as i could tell the 363 not having extra stuff to do or use the freight in combo with the chemical plant, that plant is a gorgeous asset but it's underused imo.

• Like Like x 2
  36. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The Meißen branch looked absolutely fantastic.

I’m grateful to DTG for adding this branch. I really hope they add the second branch to the airport as I think that would be an interesting addition with the underground portion. This would deliver the complete route we were initially told would happen, too.

• Like Like x 3
  37. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

I definitely want to do more with the shunter, but a combination of being ill and my laptop failing and needing a replacement pc chewed away at the available time so I chose to focus on adding the mainline freight.

Descriptions - Related to above issues delaying the work, I had to leave these how they were to minimise the impact of needing a lot of localisation updates, as it was, I think I ended up giving the loc team only 24 hours to turn it around in 6 languages :)

• Like Like x 10
  38. jolojonasgames

I hope both you and your laptop are feeling better ;)

• Like Like x 3
  39. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Understandable, still grateful for the massive freight update,get well soon and thanks for the effort of giving the route the rush hour feeling

• Like Like x 5
  40. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I just watched the stream and the branch looks spectacular! And extra frreight services are coming with an option to drive the 155.

A truly excellent route is about to get significantly better. I can’t wait.

Many thanks to all who worked on this upgrade. Well done!

41. zsolt_93

zsolt_93 Member

Just installed the update released on Steam. From the files it looks like the Dresden update also went live.
    I have skipped a few journey mode services before due to buggy formations (famous loco at both ends issue flanking a single DoSto)
    Just checked and the first service from the list of skipped ones

RE 15 Hoyerswerda - Dresden - From Chapter 4
    upload_2021-10-5_19-2-36.png

I have been instantly spawned with a sandwich setup of BR143s. Multiple tries and it is the same result. Am I right in assuming that the fixes related to the formations did not make the build that was released on Steam?

In the stream last night it sounded like the formation issues are fixed and the DoSto cabcar is correctly placed to one end of the train based on the real life orientation

42. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Just driving the S1 Meiben T - DResden Service (06:34) and a freight train appeared with the loco at the rear.
    I was stopped at Desden-Trachau.
    Am on PC Steam.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  43. conniethunder

Has compression been reduced with the addition of the Meissen branch to help with stuttering/crashes? It's now 17.6 GB!

• Like Like x 1
  44. Task

Task Well-Known Member

When I spawn in with the RE15 Dresden Hbf - Hoyerswerda 7:51 there is this strange service on the PIS. It also happens on other stations on the S-Bahn path (I checked Freiberger Straße, Mitte and Neustadt). It also happens when spawning in at numerous other times.

upload_2021-10-5_19-18-2.png

• Like Like x 6
  45. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

Platform:Steam - PC (with updated timetable that came out today)
    Weather Settings: Light cloud
    Date : October
    Service Name / Time : S1 Dresden to Meiben with cab car at 14:26 (approx)
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : 14:33:15
    Detail of Issue: After stopping at Dresden Mitte I got a Service Failure, passed signal at danger message and the service ended. (I am guessing an AI train went through a red)

46. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Not new bugs now after the update :(:mad:

47. Cramnor

The update is very much appreciated, it is much more enjoyable and realistic!
    Running for example the RE50 at 12:45 from Leipzig to Dresden, it is really nice that they use the fast tracks now behind Radebeul. However, it seems like the schedule has not been updated, as I arrive 6 minutes early now at Dresden Neustadt, which seems a bit much.

48. Cramnor

I have seen that along all S-Bahn stations towards Dresden on all runs I did so far, one train in the morning that seems to bug the system somehow :/

• Like Like x 1
  49. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Platform: PS4
    Issue: Layer not appearing, game crashing everytime
    Description: After today’s update, the BR 101 is unfortunately still not available on Nahverkehr Dresden. The services are not appearing in the loco selection, and the game crashes everytime I try to start a service or spawn on foot. These issues can be reproduced 100% of the time, and many users are talking about them on the forums.

Links to threads:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/cant-use-nahverkehr-dresden-after-buying-br101.45921/

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/db-br-101-not-appearing-in-dresden-timetable.45570/

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...sa-dresden-every-time-i-leave-the-game.45382/

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. seatsea

seatsea Active Member

Platform:Steam - PC updated today
    Service Name / Time : Chapter 3 -> S1 Meissen Triebischtal - Dresden which loaded driving a 143
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : 07:34
    Detail of Issue: After stopping at Radebeul Ost, the signal ahead stays red. Looking at the map I can see this is due to a train ahead also also stopped at a before Bischofsplatz despite the line ahead being seemingly clear.