Incorrect Build Released On Ps5?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Ghostface1701, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Active Member

As I mentioned in another thread about bad cab sounds, I noticed that the incorrect station building (the one from the early screenshots) was still in Reigate, despite Matt's stream earlier in the evening showing the correct building.

[​IMG]

Given the other scenery, audio, and crashing issues myself and other players have already seen on the route, it does seem like an earlier build was accidentally released. DTG, can you confirm what's going on?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Definitely looks to be the case, please god DTG pull through and get us an update ASAP.

• Like Like x 2
  3. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

There's no way this was the intended build. Best case scenario DTG realise their mistake and quickly release the right one.

• Like Like x 1
  4. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

If only it were that simple. It’ll have to go through verification and other checks again (Sony side) as DTG clearly did no checks on this….

5. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

So yep. PS4 has the correct sounds, lights in Victoria and the proper Reigate.

6. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

I'm seriously done with dtg, sheer incompetence time and time again. The frustration of playing this sim is just not worth it. The only reason they don't get as much negative press as Cyberpunk is because it's a niche genre.

• Like Like x 7
  7. eire007

eire007 Active Member

Another smooth release I see.
    And a few more apologies coming. As per usual.

• Like Like x 5
  8. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Seriously like what has happened to the quality. It seems to just be getting worse and worse ever since Hamburg to Lubeck. There is always some kind of major problem with every one. It's like the QC people are seriously slacking off since they have been able to work from home and don't have big brother watching over their shoulders.

I know what will be said, they will apologize and then defend themselves by saying it's not the same mistake as last time we apologized.

So at what point does it just become ridiculous? Or is it just pure incompetence by employees at DTG? I think it may be time for the upper management to start cracking some whips or figure out who is taking advantage of them being a nice company to work for.

You know you shouldn't need to apologize every time you release something. This didn't happen as frequently or as bad as it has been even 8 months ago. So what the heck is going on DTG?

• Like Like x 5
  9. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

Having read this mess so far, I really feel bad for Joe. After his mammoth effort and passion in creating the services. This is the justice it's given on launch.

• Like Like x 17
  10. nothingtosee

nothingtosee New Member

morning everyone,
    came to forum to see if it was just me having issues, apparently not judging by this thread.
    currently appears as tho there are no road/path textures in my game, they all appear black. i have texture file names? on platforms and strange black boxes where signs should be?
    anyone else having these issues?
    let’s hope an update is on its way quickly
    3B41ABDB-FCD8-4090-84C8-6CA234825C5B.jpeg B163C4CD-5AD5-4373-ADBF-E557D915D107.jpeg 130B1A56-1C38-4F75-B351-B8BCBFCC8EB0.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Yes I’ve noticed some roads like this too. its consistent with other reports of having received a wrong build.

12. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

If it is the wrong build does that mean PS5 players will have to wait another week before getting the correct one? I assume it has to go through some sort of certification process with Sony?

13. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I was going to download the route first thing this morning (PS5) but, nope. I’m not going to waste my time.

• Like Like x 3
  14. bakedpotatos.jm

And a DTG patch window has to come up as well.

15. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Active Member

I think/hope that, given how bad this is, there'll be a quick update today/tomorrow. The correct build is sitting on their servers somewhere, it just has to be packaged and uploaded to Sony.

16. Thunderer

I don't blame you, I just did the tutorial, and in the 387 your drivers head is halfway in and out of one of the display screens on your right, it's obviously not the correct build.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

haha I struggled with this. Jumping in the seat and following the usual stuff.. hang on what’s this?!!!

turns out it’s just that one and if you close the middle door the screens will be out of your face :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Every time a new route comes out there are major issues. Apologies are wearing pretty thin now as absolutely nothing improves. There are very serious issues at DTG wether that is communication, standard of work or whatever but it needs sorting and NOW.

If as everyone is saying in this instance we have the wrong build there can be no excuse whatsoever and whoever is responsible this time needs replacing.

So how many days, perhaps longer, before PS5 players get this resolved.

No doubt tonight’s stream will be full of the usual apologies and excuses.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Well, I just fired up the PS5 and TSW2.
    I'm not impressed at all.
    It was ok during the automatic intro. Then trouble.

I first went to Reigate and hey, a block of flats instead of a station.
    Then, went to do a GX run from London to Gatwick and more trouble.
    Loaded into the cab and the oily textures were there. I also note that the controller seemed slow and clunky and didn't respond well.
    Then, after I activated the master key and reverser, game crashed immediately.
    Also, the frame rate was in the 20s.

This is not a good release at all.

One positive note though is that even after downloading London Commuter, all my other routes still show.

Definitely not what was shown last night at all.

• Like Like x 2
  20. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Hey everyone. Community team are looking into this now, will get back to you with more information soon.

• Like Like x 3
  21. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

There having a meeting to work out what excuse to use this time.

• Like Like x 9
  22. bakedpotatos.jm

And the result will be Xbox and PC releases will be delayed while they figure this out.

• Like Like x 1
  23. bakedpotatos.jm

I feel sorry for JD and Nat they don't have anything to do with the development side of the game, yet they will take the brunt of the negativity from the community backlash.

They should make whoever is responsible read all the negative comments that come up today as punishment.

• Like Like x 9
  24. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

You think your punishment is sufficient as I think we are at a point where heads should roll.

• Like Like x 2
  25. DTG Natster

Hey everyone, just to follow up. Playstation 5 players are currently playing on an incorrect build. This means that the day 1 updates we include on launch day (which include some of the final polish for the route) didn't make it into the release.

We don't have the exact details about why as of yet, but the update simply didn't activate when it normally would or should have.

By way of further explanation - Day 1 updates include content which is changed between certification on platforms, and are a regular thing for us and many other game developers. Most content you see in game will have had a Day 1 update as part of its release.

Our dev team will make this their number one priority to resolve today. And we will keep you up to date with when you can expect another update.

In the meantime, you can still play the route should you wish and have an explore, but understand that some areas might not look completely finished. Also, we can confirm the PS4 version of the game is the correct build, if you wish to, in the meantime, try the route on there.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  26. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

So downloading the incorrect version now will still allow the correct version to download later?

27. DTG Natster

Yes it will.

• Like Like x 5
  28. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Thank you :)

29. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Good morning friends

DTG JD Is it true that for PS4 we will only have the standard BML locomotives, (377/4 and 387/2)? I was excited to be playing with the 375/9 SEB or 166. Is there any plan to add them?

30. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

PS4 players only get the 377 and 387. No layers from other routes.

31. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

However we do have over 1,200 playable activities. So it's hardly a huge loss is it.

• Like Like x 1
  32. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Another excuse from DTG and once again they don’t know how this happened. If it was a one off or even happened a couple of times it could be excused the problem is that almost every release, or update come to that, comes with major issues.

The time for issuing apologies and excuses is now long gone and it’s time DTG look closely at their working practices and lines of communication.

• Like Like x 4
  33. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

So, I'm in the middle of running 1W30 Victoria - Brighton (GX) on PS5 and so far I've had holes in scenery at the edge of the tracks, light inside tunnels as well as scenery popping through tunnel ceilings, trees clipping the cab in various areas and that's on top of the already made complaints about sounds (quiet DVD and wrong electrostar sounds), texture issues, sluggish controls when moving around the cab and crashes when trying to start services.
    This release definitely isn't a release build.
    Edit: Bad horn sounds when in external cam view. Sounds like it's underwater or something.

• Like Like x 1
  34. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Can you believe this the same issue has now been reported and confirmed by XBox users.

• Like Like x 2
  35. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

On the incorrect PS5 build. Noticed the third rail in a lot of places is solid and can’t be walked over with ease, notably south of Gatwick Airport (I walked to under the flight path). Planes have no sound.

At Reigate, the 166’s open and close their doors twice. Not sure if that’s normal. Seems odd though.

Of course, these issues may not exist in the true release build whenever that might turn up.

• Like Like x 1
  36. Thunderer

I just had a look on the TSW Discord channel and lots of Xbox users are also reporting issues and crashes. So it's not just the Playstation peasants suffering this time.

• Like Like x 1
  37. ray.flanagan67

ray.flanagan67 Member

I downloaded BML on my PS5 from the PlayStation store even though I can't play it unless I delete routes.
    It said PS4/PS5 but when I went in to download, there was just one download option, not 1 for PS4 and 1 for PS5 as I have seen before.
    Only realised after I had started the download which took a while to complete.

Is this an error as well? Not sure which version I have downloaded.

Cheers

38. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the fix update. Meanwhile I'm on a Brighton to Victoria held on a red at Sample Text St

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  39. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Sample Text St is a busy station, apparently.

• Like Like x 2
  40. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

• Like Like x 2
  41. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I have only tried one route so far but when driving that in a 377 every few seconds, ten, fifteen, twenty sometimes the sound would go for a split second. And I was on PS4

42. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

Can’t say I’ve noticed that as of yet. I have to ask though so forgive me, are you sure they weren’t neutral sections?

43. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

1.001.00 now live for BLM on the PS5 good luck everyone :cool: (873mb)

• Like Like x 2
  44. cunnah#2838

cunnah#2838 New Member

Seems to have done the job missing scenery at Streatham is there now.

• Like Like x 2
  45. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Just checking it out now.

Sounds on the 387 are correct now, tpws speaks out. The frame rate in Victoria is still very jaggy and unsmooth.

medals are correctly applied now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  46. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Sorry not to sure what you mean. But I did keep looking for things that could have caused the split second loss of sound but could not find anything. Have done another two services since, one on the 377 and the other on the 388 and had the same on them but not quite so much on the 388.

47. eire007

eire007 Active Member

Apart from joe who did all the timetable services. DTG should hang their heads in shame.
    What a complete let down.
    Joe. We all support and encourage your work you do. It’s everyone else who let you down.

• Like Like x 1