Other The Big Br187 Bugs Topic

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by robinnieuwenhuis1, Oct 14, 2021.

1. robinnieuwenhuis1

robinnieuwenhuis1 Member

As I'm seeing different topics openend for the newly released BR 187, I created this one to collect all the known problems in one place to make an easy overview.
    Update 4-11-2021: The people of Skyhook are aware of the issues below and are actively looking for solutions to fix the bugs.
    Update: 11-9-2022

Current Known problems reported:
    • AFB not working correctly (AFB is applying full throttle regardless of throttle set percentage) (AFB power needs to be limited by throttle postion)
    • Main pipe pressure indicator in MFD screen is broken, not moving at all (this could maybe be a simple fix, as the UI pressure indicator is working)
    • Adhesion is totally off (but that seems to be a problem with the whole TSW), wheelslip almost never appears on a dry rail with such a modern vehicle. Traxxes suffer from wheelslips, but not like this heavy.
    • AFB just can´t manage the selected speed, it takes ages to reach it and maintains speed just a few km/h down of it.
    • "From Aachen to Ehrenfeld" scenario achievement not unlocking
    • Off/on position switches in engine room are incorrect (other way around)
    • MFD shows power is available while pantograph is on the roof and circuit breaker is closed. (The problem is you can close the circuit breaker while the pantographs are on the roof, in real life this would not work like this)
    • Changing P/G/R regime brake doesn't work in MFD screen (bug or missing feature?)
    • Signal lights still not in "A" configuration, and misplaced
    • Wrong sounds for: Traction, compressor, horn, braking, motor/traction cooling fans (This has been mentioned in the Twitch stream as a known problem, due to Covid-19 there was no availability to record the real thing, when this possibillity is there again, they are looking to update it)
    PZB/LZB Related:
    • PZB bug if loco is driven from CAB1. It only show blinking yellow 1000Hz/speed under 100km/h when reversing. Problem affects banker return services on MSB and others where you run loco in both directions (RSN, HBK).
    • LZB/PZB Release not working on LZB End.
    • LZB display not functioning (as already reported by Mr heff
    • PZB 70 is white when passing 1000hz magnet

Fixed:

• Updated pantograph to limit interaction for a minimum of 10-seconds after it has been raised or lowered
    • Updated preset menu functionality
    • Fixed an issue whereby the D-pad could not correctly update the Reverser state when using Immersion controls
    • Updated the player’s driving position when seated in the driver’s seat
    • Updated various exterior details including decals, numbering, and the brightness of the forward headlights
    • Emergency braking position on brake lever should not be dependent on active/inactive brake cutout.
    • Update: 11-09-2022
      Fixed issue where changing AFB would lock the traction lock
      Updated audio for AFB and safety systems
      Updated horn speed
      AFB can now be activated whilst the train is running
      Added functionality to driver’s screen so the B icon appears correctly when LZB has changed its isolation state
      Updated Rail Driver functionality
      The train brake should now set the dynamic brake as well
      Added Contact Signaller and Simple Radio functionality
      Emergency brake can now be triggered when the electric brake is cut-out
      Fixed a bug where the Cab 2 signal light indicator could disappear
      Increased high beam brightness
    • Updated PZB and LZB functionality

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 22
    • Helpful Helpful x 12
  2. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 31
  3. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

WOW, it really is as bad as everyone is saying. Didn’t even finish the first service in it and got it refunded.

Two deal breaker for me:

- Sound
    - Side markings

In the state it is in now, I (personally) would only take it for free, if only one of the above is fixed I’ll wait for 50% discount, if they fix both I’ll buy it for the full price.

EDIT: I was thinking about the fact why the side markings are such a big deal for me and came to the conclusion that, in my eyes, it simply shows such a huge disrespect for the customer and the community, in getting such basics and easy spottable things wrong, that I am simply not willing to support a company like that. Don’t want to know how the rest of the research went, throughout the development… Anyway, just my thoughts

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 15
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  4. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

Thanks for this.

5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

This ALWAYS bothers me. The constant talk of photographic references being used to get the accuracy just right and then releasing something with incorrect detail is a contradiction.

• Like Like x 3
  6. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

Proof of the middle MFD not showing safety systems while under LZB

20211014154605_1.jpg

Also AFB is working wrong. If AFB is set to a certain speed, it automatically applies full throttle power regardless of the throttle lever percentage. I dont know whether that is realistic but it doesnt feel like its right.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

How did you turn AFB on btw?

8. OpenMinded

No, it’s not…

how is that supposed to work with wheel slip?

9. doublefine7

I activated AFB by just moving it to the target speed while being stopped.
    Also, right MFD Contrast is buggy:
    20211014160432_1.jpg

LZB/PZB Release not working on LZB End. Also the parking brake activates itself automatically after e-brake

next bug, PZB 70 is white when 1000hz

20211014163036_1.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. SwissLetsplay

SwissLetsplay New Member

Es ist einfach eine Frechheit, was bei DTG abgeht.

Wo sind die Qualitätskontrollen?
    Wo sind die Patches, auf die wir auch schon lange warten? (Rushhour-Abstürze!)

Es ist einfach reinen Verarsche…man sieht einfach wie wenig Mühe sich gegeben wird…und ja, DTG geht es nur ums Geld…die einzige Hoffnung, die wir haben können, ist Train-SIM-Germany…mit der BR420, der Ludmilla und der Vossloh G6…

• Like Like x 2
  11. doublefine7

1. English please.
    2. Thats offtopic. Voice your opinion in a different part of the forums.

12. TheNoGamer44

TheNoGamer44 Well-Known Member

Das hat nichts mit DTG zu tun. Skyhook hat diesen DLC entwickelt. DTG ist nur der Publisher.
    ----
    DTG has nothing to do with this DLC. Skyhook developed the DLC and DTG just published it.

• Like Like x 2
  13. doublefine7

Please stay on topic and report bugs qith the 187 here pls.

14. SwissLetsplay

SwissLetsplay New Member

Ja, aber dass den DLC niemand von DTG oder sonst wer überprüft…ich meine jeden sollte eigentlich auffallen, dass die Sounds nicht passen können…

15. doublefine7

Leute, lasst den Offtopic bitte. Hier werden Bugs reported.

• Like Like x 1
  16. robinnieuwenhuis1

robinnieuwenhuis1 Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

Just push the AFB lever forward. No master switch. There's no point though, as AFB will apply full power and slip the wheels like there's no tomorrrow. Sad.

Not sure if it's a bug but how do you turn off lights in the right MFD? I can only select between headlights and taillights for each cab, but not "off".

Also, maybe not technically a bug but the context-sensitive circle key (Sifa/PZB) is not implemented here. I would really appreciate it if that could be added like on the new 185 from DRA.

Another minor point: the 187 I'm driving right now is labelled 187 181 on the front and one side and 187 183 on the other side.

18. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

The achievement for completing the scenario "From Aachen to Ehrenfeld" doesn't unlock on PC.

• Like Like x 1
  19. isaac47593

isaac47593 Well-Known Member

IMO the sound is the big killer. It is really bad and idk if anyone else gets this or if its just because I’m on Xbox but it gets really glitchy at high speeds and sounds horrible. However, the loco is modelled wonderfully and aesthetically Skyhook have done the 187 justice, but this doesn’t excuse the god awful sounds and other numerous issues. Hopefully it gets fixed soon

20. robinnieuwenhuis1

robinnieuwenhuis1 Member

Added some issues reported on Steam store page

21. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

is it prototypical to only activate afb from standing still? it's been acting funky if you meddle with the lever while moving,it doesn't activate it but your traction just drops as if set speed is 0 it seems

22. pwarner893

pwarner893 New Member

Along with what has already been said, I can't get the train to activate PZB mode O. PZB modes U and M are fine. Anyone else with this issue? I think ultimately I will request a refund. The whole train feels cheaply made even down to the animation of switching the LZB and PZB on in the motor room. Disappointing honestly.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

PZB mode O should not work as it's a freight loco only. This is correct.

To activate AFB while moving, throttle to off, AFB level to max then turn on AFB. Then reduce AFB to where you want it, then increase throttle.

Yeah, the AFB is not working as it should.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  24. pwarner893

pwarner893 New Member

Interesting. However, I am curious as to why it should be listed on the MFD if it is not to be run as a passenger train?

25. OpenMinded

No, this is not correct. A fright train can theoretical also run in "O". Also, the loco can drive on its own quite happily, using "O"

• Like Like x 5
  26. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

Well at least DTG are being consistent recently! While they may not have developed either of these two DLC's they will have reviewed them so in the last 4 releases we've had 3 with major issues and a broken achievement!

27. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I'm wondering, I've seen mentions that the power lever on the real thing is not from 0 to 100% of power, but acts like a manual lapped power handle (i.e. as long as you push it forward, you increase power, if you release it it will keep the set power). Can anyone knowledgeable confirm or deny this?

28. robinnieuwenhuis1

robinnieuwenhuis1 Member

The standard Traxxes are equipped with those brake (increase/decrease) handles for traction and braking yes. However, the Traxxes from DB are just like in real life somewhat different. So I believe the current setup is correct.

29. KoeleKoen

is there a seperate switch for the afb? cause at standstill the lever activates the AFB,while moving it kills your traction but sets no speed and I can't find a seperate switch

30. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's a bug. The 187 only has two options in the Scenario Planner. The locomotive and an approx. 320 mixed freight option.

31. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member

The same error. Passed three times, but failed. PC Steam

• Like Like x 1
  32. neal08ni

neal08ni New Member

I had finished "From Aachen to Ehrenfeld" scenario but never received the achievement on Steam.

• Like Like x 2
  33. finn112_offical

finn112_offical New Member

Bei den Spitzensignalen is es in echt die Möglichkeit sterben Spitzensignale über den Bildschirm zu deaktivieren [Nicht nur rot oder weiß]

Das Modell hat vorne noch die Aufschrift Bombardier was im Game nicht vorhanden ist.

34. Alexdertrainspotter

Alexdertrainspotter New Member

no. If the loco drives without waggons, it has enough breakpower (GER: Bremshundertstel) to Drive in PZB Zugart O.

• Like Like x 2
  35. OpenMinded

This can very well happen, however, the PZB mode is a simple function of how much brh you have. Mode „O“ is automatically set when you enter a brh of above 111t Info the system.

an example: A 185 has theoretical a max braked weight of about 145t in R+E, leading to about 172t brh. However, if you drive without unpowered vehicles, the E brake may not be calculated to the brh, hence you end up with a max braked weight of 126t, leading to 150t brh. You can see, you may be limited in max speed, however, you are well within your brh value for mode „O“

If you are now limited to P brake mode, you are, in fact, reducing your brh further, to 107t and you would end up with mode „M“. This would be the situation you are referring to, I guess.

I am not an expert on the 187, however, to my knowledge all TRAXX have the same braking equipment, hence you will have a high enough braked weight.

• Like Like x 1
  36. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

This may be prototypical. AFB, AIUI, actually does run a few km/h below set speed; and a dedicated freight engine is geared for tractive effort, not acceleration.

37. OpenMinded

Yes, the systems seem quite different, indeed! Interesting! Out of interest, do you have cargo trains going up to 140kmh? Otherwise it wouldn’t make sense to buy locos which can run 140, if they can not even run that speed on its own?! After all, Vmax with “M” is limited to 125kmh…

The reason why e brakes are not considered in this case is that they take such a high percentage in the overall braking when on its own. They can fail quite easily, ie when the main switch drops out, power fails, etc. Hence you only rely on pneumatics, as it is much more fail safe.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Same thing has happened to me, the steam achievement has not unlocked

39. robinnieuwenhuis1

robinnieuwenhuis1 Member

Added "From Aachen to Ehrenfeld" scenario achievement not unlocking to the list

40. OpenMinded

Thanks for sharing this inside view! I believe it is similar handled in Switzerland, right? It’s interesting, there are similarities, obviously the physics are the same, hence it must be, but it is quite a different approach.

The tilting stuff is quite interesting as well, but opens up a whole new topic, probably not well suited for this thread:D

BTW, I can’t open your last attachment, it comes back with the error that it can not be found. Could you re-post it? I would be interested to see it.

• Like Like x 1
  41. OpenMinded

Works now, thanks!

Amazing that we managed to turn a br187 thread into something good:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  42. KoeleKoen

yeah it's the same in belgium like in italy,the one from my photo has a weight of 88 tonnes but has 124 brake tonnage,still when light speed is max 100km/h,traxxes here can run 120km/h light though. Our older loco (HLE27) weighs 85 tonnes but has only 88 brake tonnage,so his max V 100km/h makes more sense

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  43. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Can someone tell where/how to turn Banking COMM on BR 187?
    I didn't find that button, yet, and want to use it Spessart rampe?

44. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

This is an interesting video from a German loco driver who also contributed to the development of the BR 187. I can only recommend that Skyhook view this. I concur with most of his statements (I think he mixes up Rivet and Skyhook in the beginning, but the statements about the loco are spot on).

The video is in German but it can be viewed using Youtube's auto-translated subtitles.

Definitely worth watching!

• Like Like x 1
  45. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing. Very interesting to hear some behind the scenes stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  46. robinnieuwenhuis1

robinnieuwenhuis1 Member

Even the switches are the other way around
    upload_2021-10-17_19-22-17.png

47. Ben132465798

Ben132465798 Well-Known Member

In the end of this video you see that no panto has contact with the roof and still, the right MFD shows that power is available

48. robinnieuwenhuis1

robinnieuwenhuis1 Member

Added to the list

49. solicitr

More likely it's simply because empty stock moves are a lower priority than scheduled services

50. solicitr

Gotta love how the frame markings were all taken from a passenger engine, presumably a 147. DB Regio? A passenger brake set?

• Like Like x 1