Broken Achievements / Trophies

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by coasterflo, Oct 22, 2021.

1. coasterflo

coasterflo Well-Known Member

Hello all,

since there are currently some problems with Achievements in Train Sim World, I have created a new thread to summarize all these problems.

Since DTG does not give the Achievements / Trophies fixes a high priority, and it has happened that almost a year no patch came, it would be great if all collectors participate here, draw attention to this thread and especially write a ticket for the various problems.

What problems currently exist (23 October 2021):

DRA: Dresden Commuter
    G20 - Operate the DB 143 for 143 kilometres
    • Achievement probably not coupled with the locomotive, because the locomotive was exchanged / swapped. Tracker does not react no matter with which BR 143 one drives the
      kilometer. Therefore it does not work.
    • I ran the following tests on an Xbox One S, Xbox One X and Xbox Series X.
      1. Ingame main profile had already before the DLC more than 143 kilometers, but no Achievement.
      2. New ingame profile and again 143 kilometers with the DB BR 143, but no Achievement.
      3. I also tried this with all versions of the 143, also after the latest Update.
    • I tested this on an Xbox One S, Xbox Series S, and an Xbox Series X. Always with the same result.
    BR 187: A Long First Trip
    G5 - Complete the DB BR 187 scenario 'From Aachen to Ehrenfeld'
    • Achievement is not unlocking after completing the Scenario.
    • I tested this on an Xbox One S, Xbox Series S, and an Xbox Series X. Always with the same result.
    LBN: Gull Up
    G10 - Complete all route tasks on London Commuter
    • Not enough collectibles on the route, there are only 98 instead of 100.
    • However, the Achievement itself probably works, it just can't be unlocked because of the missing collectibles.
    • Either patch the two collectibles or rewrite the Achievement from 100 to 98.
    CCL: Right Around (+ CCL: Getting Dizzy)
    G5 - Complete Cathcart Circle Line scenario 'Around and Around'
    • Since 01.10.2021 the scenario "Around and Around" can not be completed, because you have Glasgow Central (Time 09:06) a red signal permanently, because an AI train does not leave the destination track.
    • As a result, the Achievement "CCL: Getting Dizzy" cannot be unlocked because not all scenarios can be completed.
    • The Achievements themselves are probably running, a gameplay bug is trying to solve the problem.
    HBK: Customer Care
    G15 - Complete Cathcart Circle Line scenario 'Around and Around'
    • This Achievement has the wrong task text / description in German. In German, the completion of all scenarios is required instead of the Route Tasks, which has already caused confusion among some TA users, because there are two Achievements for completing all scenarios in German, but only one unlocks.
    • The achievement itself works.
    • To clarify the problem for the time being, I have added a guide at TA, which clarifies the error in the translation.
    NEC BP: Wicked Busy
    G10 - Complete all route tasks on Hauptstrecke Hamburg-Lübeck
    • As Boris The Frog reports the Achievement description is wrong. The 400 passenger tasks can be completed with any of the locomotives.
    • But the Achievement is unlockable.

Support Link: https://dovetailgames.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new
    • You should be noted that you need to send a separate ticket for each problem, because the support asks for the corresponding DLC in the selection menu and each problem is part of a different DLC.
    • Tip: In the ticket form you will find under "Category" the item "Report a Bug" and then in "Issue Type" our problem "Achievement/Trophy".

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 6
  2. Starkiller

Starkiller Well-Known Member

Perfect work from Coasterflo here , we need alot people to get our Achievements/Trophys patched , if there will be more Achievements not working , than i would say , DTG should think about , no more to add to the new future dlcs , thats my opinion , but first patch all of them please :D

• Like Like x 4
  3. Boris The Frog

Boris The Frog Active Member

The 'complete 400 passenger boarding tasks using the F40PH-3C' (NEC) is also incorrect as you can use any of the three trains to get this achievement.

Driving the BR143 for 143km does have an overall 0.01% completion rate so at some point or other this achievement has to have worked.

• Like Like x 3
  4. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Brilliant work coasterflo - thanks for your efforts! :)

Another one I am experiencing:
    The achievement for the 422 where you have to exceed 70 km/h (from RRO) doesn't unlock for me. I believe it should have something to do with the two 422 variants - one from HRR and one from RRO, the same problem which leads to funny destinations.

Maybe it unlocks someday when the correct 422 version is detected - it surely works (-ed) for some players as it has the usual 0.x % completion rate.

• Like Like x 3
  5. coasterflo

Ok, I must say times a "positive" error. But I'll add it to the list.

This phenomenon is known on TA with non-functioning Achievements. The various attempts to explain how this happens, I know only partially and I frankly do not know what is true.

Either way, the fact that none of the over 100 Achievements collectors who own this DLC on TA has managed to unlock it with one of the different engine versions, speaks for the fact that there is a need for improvement at this point.

But thanks already for your input, Can you check if I added it correctly in the list at the beginning of this thread. :)

-------------------------------------------------
    Yes I think the problem is related to the different versions, since someone unlocked the Achievement after the release of the Dresden track on 20.10.

My suggested solution would be:

1. uninstall all DLCs except Rhein Ruhr-Ost.
    2. create a second ingame profile and try again.

This should work according to experience. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  6. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Got someone the 187 now?
    It’s showing 0,01%

• Like Like x 3
  7. coasterflo

It has been set to 0.01% since the beginning, just like the Route Tasks Achievement at London Commuter.

This is as described in the previous post a known bug on TA the Achievement also at 0.01% can not be unlockable. There are several theories why this display error exists, but on TA none of them has been able to prevail or Xbox itself has never said anything about it.

The Achievement is still not available.

• Like Like x 3
  8. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

Looking at trueachievements.com they also have 2 achievements for Glasgow Cathcart Circle listed as discontinued/unobtainable!

• Like Like x 4
  9. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

seems to be getting worse for achievements / trophies then. Looks like upgrading unreal engine has caused a load more more bugs than they expected, problem is so many achievements are so time consuming I wonder if they get tested.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Starkiller

today i tryed Carthcart Circle , it cant be completed because of an red light , something seems to be broken , i will write an ticket for it

• Like Like x 4
  11. Larvi

Larvi New Member

Yep, just started CCL dlc today and ran into an issue in the first scenario, Around and Around. When you get to Glasgow Central you get stopped by a red light as there is a train already at the platform where you are supposed to go and it never leaves. I tried getting out to see if I could drive that train away but it doesn't let me take control of it. More pricey DLC and even more bugs, seems to be a train sim world hallmark

• Like Like x 3
  12. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I have all Scenario

• Like Like x 3
  13. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

It was definitely possible at one time, given how many players have it, but yes, at some point an update caused the signals to bug out and made it impossible.

• Like Like x 3
  14. coasterflo

I can agree with all of you, currently the scenario Around and Around can't be finished, making one Achievement not achievable at all and the second one as TA marks it only limitedly still unlockable.

My guess is, since the Around and Around Achievement was last unlocked on 30.09.2021, the bug was caused by the update for DLC "London Commuter".

I have added both Achievements back to the list.

DTG Protagonist / DTG should we really write a separate ticket for each Achievement and each DLC, that's per person about 6 tickets, do not think that the support certainly eh has a lot to do will be happy about it.

Could you give us feedback whether you have maybe the direct line and we can relieve the support?

• Like Like x 5
  15. Willowrpe

I fear TSW2 is going the way of TSW 2020 when achievements / trophies were broken on an industrial scale if this is not fixed. I think the unreal engine upgrade has broken a lot of stuff not just memory use they need to be more careful with unreal engine upgrades in future and in fairness it is difficult to do these engine updates

• Like Like x 5
  16. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Swap Shop scenario from Class 52 has issues too. There is an achievement for finishing this scenario but you can't with a Class 47 not moving.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/swap-shop-problem.46975/
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/class-52-–-swap-shop-not-completable.46925/

Tools of the Trade on BR Heavy Freight Pack I am stuck at red signal from the start. No achievement I think but might mess with NTP complete all scenarios if installed. Achievements or not - scenarios not working a bad experience. :(

• Like Like x 3
  17. stimp#5938

stimp#5938 Well-Known Member

Blast. This could take a while to get fixed.

• Like Like x 3
  18. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I got not the 330 miles for the Class 33 with are 531 kilometer.
    I’ve drive 600 kilometer because I checked the list

• Like Like x 3
  19. stimp#5938

I dare not ask. Did anyone get a response from dovetail concerning these issues? I’ve started a ticket earlier this week but no reply yet.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Starkiller

the sad thing is the say okay we noticed it but what now ?
    does it go on the next patches list no , so how do we know what to do than
    please DTG Protagonist help us , you helped us alot with TSW2020 so we need your help here to you are our best chance to make an impact and get all patched

• Like Like x 3
  21. Starkiller

hello is something happening here for all the achievements or trophys or ?
    ask for a friend :D

• Like Like x 3
  22. coasterflo

Unfortunately, still nothing, not even a response from support you get more.

Also the collectibles at London Commuter were not fixed.

• Like Like x 3
  23. Starkiller

3patches today , someone knew what is patched ?

• Like Like x 3
  24. hells.high.lord666

On trueachievements it now has 7 achievements listed as unobtainable/discontinued. Seems like DTG are breaking more than they're fixing

• Like Like x 3
  25. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  26. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I take it London Commuter collectables aren't fixed (no achievement unlocks) despite this route having a few updates. Why can't a simple thing like repositioning collectible markers be included in one of these updates?

• Like Like x 3
  27. Starkiller

you´re right , hopefully they patch something, even the support just say yes we know about that :(

• Like Like x 3
  28. hells.high.lord666

Going on trueachievements the "314 master" achievement is now broken along with the "Around and Around" and "Getting Dizzy" achievements. The "Master Class" achievement on Oakville Sub Division is also broken. They now list 7 achievements for this game as unobtainable/discontinued. DTG seem to be breaking the game more than fixing it!

• Like Like x 3
  29. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Sherman wrangler cannot be completed due to collectibles being locked behind a invisible wall

• Like Like x 3
  30. hells.high.lord666

That was supposed to be fixed in the update! They're doing well lol

• Like Like x 3
  31. Starkiller

wow nice work again , there should be one which oversse all achievements befor bring the dlc out

• Like Like x 3
  32. Starkiller

could we please just get one person from DTG , than just msg him and he could help us and work with us to get this acheivements done and patched ?

• Like Like x 3
  33. stimp#5938

This is a sad day. Don’t they test their games?!

• Like Like x 3
  34. Starkiller

seem so , really sad

• Like Like x 2
  35. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

DTG Natster Why you don’t fixed the Achievements

• Like Like x 3
  36. Princess Entrapta

One thing we really need is a full scenario pass on every route, clearing up things like the broken lights on several of them.

• Like Like x 3
  37. Willowrpe

I take it achievement issues have not been solved

• Like Like x 2
  38. Starkiller

its sad , that there is no answer here ^^

• Like Like x 2
  39. Princess Entrapta

They have however confirmed in the latest roadmap that a fix for many of the impossible scenarios is in the works as they have begun work on the red lights issue. This should make several unobtainable achievements possible again.

• Like Like x 4
  40. Starkiller

thats a start , but they should test there achievements first or stop bring more achievements in the new dlc´s , right now they have the list of all broken ones here so please DTG Team , patch everything.

• Like Like x 2
  41. stimp#5938

No improvements for the BR187 and only achievement fixes for Cathcart linked to scenarios. If I read it correctly. Stop churning out new content without fixing other things first. I know I’m not getting any new content until much later. And even then you don’t know for sure everything will work… I like this game but it’s hard to keep doing that.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  42. coasterflo

Nice for the scenario, the problem is that with many other Achievements yes not a red signal is the problem.

It is missing a collectible or two others apparently does not work the communication between the game and the Achievement.

DTG should really slowly improve here. It is now again almost 3 months.
    Since there is now not even a feedback here or from support, I think we should slowly consider turning back to Microsoft. The game is in GamePass and thus violates the developer rules of GamePass.

• Like Like x 4
  43. Ross NCC1701

Ross NCC1701 Member

More updates, more DLCs. Still no fixes for so many unobtainable achievements. Unbelievable!

• Like Like x 3
  44. coasterflo

Yes, it's a shame how DTG fixes every little thing, but can't even manage to make all collectibles accessible on London Commuter or just fix Achievements.

• Like Like x 4
  45. Starkiller

little update :
    Cathcart Cirlcle Line is now patched , those achievements are unlockable again , the red lights now working right

• Like Like x 3
  46. Starkiller

but right now they should really focus on the collectibles and the other for the BR187 and BR143
    would be nice if someone would msg us here to talk with us we could help

• Like Like x 4
  47. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Dtg are lazy

• Like Like x 4
  48. stimp#5938

And it’s 2022. And no news?:(:(:(

• Like Like x 3
  49. Ross NCC1701

Ross NCC1701 Member

It looks like the achievements will NEVER get fixed. A great shame. And I wonder how many people will not buy the game (or DLCs) when they see on so many sites that the game cannot be completed, many achievements are broken, and there are so many bugs. Not good reputation for DTG.

• Like Like x 3
  50. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 5