Interesting Freight Services

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by montes_1234, Nov 1, 2021.

1. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

I was wondering if there are some great and interesting freight services. No matter which route or which loco, they just have to be interesting. So for example freight train was diverted to a siding and forced to wait for the main line to be cleared. Also if there are services with priority system in place that are clearly visiable. Also any other interesting services involving freight trains are also welcome.

2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

You could always check here. Quite a few freight services on there, maybe one of them fits what you‘re looking for.

3. montes_1234

Thanks I am aware of that thread, which is great by the way. But on the other hand I wanted to narrow it down to just freight services, because I find them more interesting. Also wanted to know which routes are best for freight services.

4. JellyScrub

JellyScrub Active Member

Ruhr Sieg Nord with the 363 adds some cool services where the shunter works with a freight train

• Like Like x 1
  5. montes_1234

Yes that is a great route. Even better with the 363. There are some services with 363 where you have to wait for two or three trains to clear the signal. But I would like to have the similar experience for the long distance freighter. Maybe to get diverged and than to wait the line to clear.

6. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

There's a few on clinchfield like that I believe. Can't think off the top of my head though

7. montes_1234

Yes but how when that is a freight only route?

8. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Becaise it's a single track on most parts so there are times where you need to wait on a spur line for a train to pass in the opposite direction

• Like Like x 1
  9. montes_1234

Ok that is interesting. I like routes with single track parts. But that is expected from such routes, to be prepared to wait for the trains from the opposite direction. Than again there are no prioritizations of different train classes on such routes.

10. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

CRR is my favorite route because it has modeled a heavy haul, single track line. The journey gives you complete runs from starting yards up the various branches to the mines to drop off empty hoppers and collect filled ones and bring your train back to the main yard. Most of these are at bight which adds a challenge to your running. It also uses a classic first generation diesel the F7 for your enjoyment along with the early version of the SD40.

• Like Like x 2
  11. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I have come across some fun freight services recently. I came back to Clinchfield once the Rush Hour update came and freed the camera from the tunnels. Such a fun route and I love the F7. Try trains 92 and 93. And, if you haven’t tried it already, the Limited Power Scenario is one of the best TSW experiences available.

The new freight timetable on DRA has some great runs as well. Try Dresden - Riesa at 10:08 and Riesa - Dresden at 11:02.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jmhdc812

jmhdc812 Active Member

I ran a freight run on Ruhr-Sieg Nord last night that I really enjoyed because it includes a setout and pickup enroute. It's DB80401 Finnentrop-Hagen.

• Like Like x 1
  13. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Is this the one where you have to do a long reverse into a siding? I'm sure it is, I've played it & it's my favourite German freight run!

14. jmhdc812

jmhdc812 Active Member

Yup, that’s the one. Definitely a favorite for me too.

• Like Like x 2
  15. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1