Ts Br187 Vs Tsw Br187 Feedback

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by FD1003, Nov 18, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    68.4%
  2. Maybe/Not Sure

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. No

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

First a little introduction, this thread is created mainly as a response to THIS article in the announcement section, and second I know I have been (and still kind of am) a bit salty about the whole BR187 situation, but I'll do my best to try not to be annoying and biased.

The big question is "We are asking for community feedback on these sounds, and if you feel there is a dramatic improvement, please let us know your thoughts."

And the answer in my opinion is just a slam dunk yes, the current sound are a literally broken version of the old TSW2020 TRAXX2, which not only are completely inaccurate, they are also really bad to listen to, and the TS sounds, even though are definitely not the best, are a lot better.

For reference, HERE is how the TRAXX2 sounds in TSW2020

THIS is how the real BR187 sounds IRL
    [Correction thanks to irFlouz]

And THIS is how the old TRAXX2 and BR187 sound in TSW2

Now I do not know how exactly the sounds in TSW works, but I know this sound mod also already exists

As you know the Riesa-Dresden locomotives got a sound improvement, which made them a lot better, and in my opinion if the correct sounds can't be used on the BR187 for whatever reason, at the very least the updated sound from the BRD models should be used, at least it would only be wrong, not both wrong and bad, but it would still not be good enough for me to buy it at full price.

All the cab alerts also seem the correct feminine voice in the TS version. Unlike the TSW version.

One thing I still believe it's not good enough on the TS sound model is that the motor sound does not cut out when the traction is 0 or Min, which I believe is correct for the TRAXX2, but not for the TRAXX3

Listen from 30:50 ownward, the motor sound is completely gone, which will never happen with how the sounds are set up in TSW2 and in TS, but it was correct on the old RSSLO model

as you can hear at 14:56 onward

Although it might be a peculiarity of the German version, so take all this with a grain of salt

Another thing I didn't realise is that I was sure the way the train is controlled in TSW was realistic, as I thought it used a similar system to the Siemens Vectron, but it turns out it's completely unrealistic as it uses the same throttle model as the BR120 (hold / step up / step down), now that I know that I will make sure not to buy this DLC until it gets changed, I won't talk about much here since it would be off topic, but thanks for bringing it to my attention, I will clearly have to do better research for future train models before judging them.

That's what they meant for "Traction Control"

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. irFlouz

irFlouz Active Member

The video of the IRL sounds you listed is actually incorrect for the DB BR 187, the correct sounds like this.
    And Skyhook should be getting the "correct" sounds from me soon, I guess they'll update it at some point.

• Like Like x 4
  3. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Thank you, generally I believed I disregarded too much the differences between the DB variant and other variants, I didn't expect everything to be that different for a standardised machine.

Thanks for the link I will update my post.