Train Sin World 2 - Db G6 Out Now

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Dec 2, 2021.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Ready your hard hat and get to work in the yards of Hagen and Wuppertal with TSG’s DB G6 Diesel Shunter for Train Sim World 2!

Read the article here.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 16
  2. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Still waiting for the Game Pass discount to be applied on Xbox Series X, it's been over 4 hours now since it released at 10am...

Thread title makes it sound like playing this game is a sin!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Still waiting for it to be available on Steam

• Like Like x 1
  4. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Bardzo sehr good \o/
    GJ TSG

PS I like the 'conductor-view' (platform view) camera. Nice touch.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2021
  6. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

I wonder if TSG did the G6 tutorial since it's his creation?(He would know this loco better then others having created it for TSW2).

7. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

Id did all scenarios and services by myself at least.

• Like Like x 7
  8. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

That's great your work speaks for itself,great locomotive.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I spotted an 422 in the beginning with a different livery. Wondering if that is a modded one in case TSG had to do the video recordings himself, or if there is a new one coming?

10. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

"Arbeitsschutz ist wichtig!", lovely!

The G6 is a nice driving experience, will keep me busy for weeks to come, outstanding work TSG!

Edit: For the fellow RailDrivers: The levers are like the 363, "pump-action" and total cool :)

11. Perks390

Perks390 Well-Known Member

I love the loco, and looking forward to using it some more. The only issue is, the stopping points are far to close to the signal.

12. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I said in an earlier post that I wasn’t into shunting. I am now, this is a very nice loco. The tutorial is better than some other DLC’s scenarios.

Only had a chance to play on the laptop so far, so looking forward to playing on the Desktop with Raildriver at the weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Nice job Maik and your team. :love:
    I notice that SIFA sound alarm don't yell on you when playing with external cameras so you can trip it very easy.
    Is it correct that pressing SIFA acknowledge cancel cruise control?

14. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I saw that too, but to be honest it looked more like a graphical glitch than any livery for the 422 I know of.

15. Maik Goltz

No, its not intended to do so. I just fixed that and submitted it into the system. Same for the outside safety system sounds. No idea when and if this gets out. Probably needs some time for sure.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  16. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Most importantly, it's a really great expansion for the game.
    From the perspective of the G6, the RRO looks surprisingly good and fresh.

17. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

DTG Natster There’s no link to the article in the first post.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Many thanks for reply. I found that outside safety system sounds are very usefull when you play with such beauty loco.
    If it is submitted by you than it is on DTG side, Adam tell about low risk updates so it can be soon...

19. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Well that wasn't very clever of me, let me rectify that.

• Like Like x 4
  20. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It's a notably better tutorial than usual.

21. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

I haven't bought anything TSW related recently, maybe it takes 24 hours to recognize the discount like the daily GP game start bonus?

Anyway really looking forward to this one, looks like great fun. Hopefully saving money is not necessary for too long.

• Like Like x 1
  22. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

I honestly have no idea as to what governs when the GP discount takes affect, as DLC which released today for The Ascent, Sea of Thieves, and Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector immediately had the GP discount applied, whereas Lawn Mowing Simulator and TSW2 DLCs don't.

I sense a conspiracy against sim game lovers!

23. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

What a tricky little goblin, even as a passenger focused user I must admit that it is real fun driving it. And the gradients on RRO make it even more challenging. Elsewise, driving down the S-.Bahn-Line with it at 40 kph, makes it possible to discover the route and discover new corners on the route you'll never have seen before. Hoping for more DLC like this in the future and that the creators of it won't retire after the release and playing lotto instead... ^^.

• Like Like x 2
  24. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

I think it can't be too far away as every other recent item was flagged with the discount for me (including the 187 and Sherman Hill). I try to be patient because I'm sure if would go live 5 mins after I purchased it full price... not that I would regret it but I keep it as a matter of principle for now :D

• Like Like x 1
  25. ded mozaj

ded mozaj Member

Nice car! The hydraulics are working well! It's time to start working on the legendary locomotive with hydraulic transmission BR118! What do you think about this? Is there this locomotive in your plans?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  26. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I’d imagine TSG has enough on their plate with the 232 in regards to locomotives.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

This is really tough for me, because I don’t want to buy Rhein-Ruhr Osten, but I also really like how the G6 looks and sounds. It looks like such a wonderful green shunting locomotive that would be a joy to drive. Helps even more that I love switching.

I’d love to buy this to not only support TSG’s hard work, but also to support myself with an amazing train to drive. But perhaps it’s a bit much to buy a route I don’t want just so I can also buy the G6.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

Does the topic title suggest that some evil is afoot (or atrain)? :mad:

• Like Like x 3
  29. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

Maik Great job!!!! I expected the model to be of high quality, but my first acquaintance surpassed all my expectations !!! Bravo! I am delighted with your work !!! I really enjoyed the first experience yesterday. I look forward to your new creations. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  30. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

I had my doubts about the G6 at first gameplay wise but after seeing both of the streams for it I've done a 180 for it it's got a good amount of gameplay variety in both the scenarios and timetable mode the tutorial is very in depth which I love plus the steep gradients on Rhein Ruhr Oston make for a very fun challenging experience plus the different braking types this loco has plus it's unique driving controls and the really good sounds this loco has I give a 10/10 Maik you have done an amazing job on this loco I tip my hat off to you sir and I'm definitely looking forward to the locos you plan on developing for TSW2

• Like Like x 3
  31. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Good spot, missed that one myself. Train Sin World means that after driving this little devil you must go to confession, that’s how good it is.

• Like Like x 2
  32. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

It's well written because it's a sin to like trains and not own this DLC.
    Enjoying this with a good headsets to appreciate the sheer amount of sounds with those perfect mixes becomes the best and most immersive experience so far in TSW for me. It's just unbelievable.

33. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

This is great work by TSG far better than any dtg product released. All hail tsg, the best dlc provider ever. FACT

34. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

The funny thing is, it is actually possible to make good content with only few to little complaints. I know that we are a bunch of demanding *insert swearword here*, but I have not seen a bad word about this DLC, so maybe our expectations are not so far fetched as we are sometimes told :) It is possible to make the community happy, there are no technical limitations to that, but it is more a matter of will and dedication (and that probably more from a management side than anything else). I am very much looking forward to all the upcoming TSG content, keep the exceptional work up!

35. Maik Goltz

From a customers perspective yes, it's possible to do as you can see. But from my side i am not sure if it pays out. And that is a huge aspect for making content. I put way too much time into this thingy. If it not pays out, it will be the last thingy...

• Like Like x 7
  36. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

I highly recommend all railroad enthusiasts to purchase this add-on and support the developer. For such a product, I am ready to pay a higher price tag. I really hope that Mike's work will be adequately rewarded and he will continue to delight us with his masterpieces.

• Like Like x 11
  37. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I can canfirm that. While driving in the first scenario of the journey (along the s-bahn tracks with 40 km/h vmax) I heard very subtle (from rear) how the diesel engines "purr", it's a sound I remember from DB BR232 (YT videos, and the VR one for TS) ... oh and then the turbo ... it's super-immersive, can't wait to finish off work and return to the game

• Like Like x 1
  38. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I truly hope it all pays out for you. Your work is exceptional and I hope TSG has a bright (and economically feasible) future creating products for TSW.

• Like Like x 6
  39. Larwan

Larwan Member

40. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I confess that this message makes me a little uneasy.

I don't want to imagine a future for Train Sim World where developers with Maik's talent and professionalism have no place and can't make their projects a reality because it's not economically profitable for them.

I don't want to be deprived of the possibility to enjoy products like the G6. I don't want to have to settle for the quality standard of, for example, the BR 187.

It is DTG's responsibility that this does not happen, but also that of the community.

• Like Like x 4
  41. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

This is indeed a great DLC, but despite its excellent tutorial, it remains incomplete without a user's manual to all of its functions in depth, especially (not so much for me but I know many others would appreciate it) safety systems.

42. ded mozaj

ded mozaj Member

Removed by DTG Natster - this post belongs in suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  43. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

After the tutorial, one scenario and some services I agree this is a must-have gem of a DLC! :)
    Lovely work, the attention to every conceivable detail is astonishing - and if my extra spent 1,40€ compared to a Gamepass discount help to develop more of those products those are probably spent the best way to imagine :D

Two things I'd like to mention:
    - the derailment in Sp05 which was mentioned above happened to me as well. I think I wasn't too late but wasn't paying attention enough the seconds before to give any useful information yet.
    - I don't know what you've done Maik, but during my runs I didn't encounter the xbox sound looping bug once. Not a single time - and this on a diesel engine where you'd normally notice it within seconds :) very well done!

I remember German Railroads being top class products for MSTS back then. They've got a truly worthy successor. :)

Thank you!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  44. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

DDR Deutsche Reichsbahn DR BR175 is their answer to West Germany DB BR601. E11 DR BR211 DDR Deutsche Reichsbahn equivalent to West Germany DB BR110 139 140 150 & 141. Remember DB BR110 and SNCB NMBS HLE16 are the first electric locomotives to run on Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen in 1966.

• Like Like x 1
  45. ded mozaj

ded mozaj Member

Young man, believe me, I know the history of the creation of locomotives!
    And this is not so important at the moment!
    It is important that this was done by engineers!
    And I'm interested in seeing these locomotives in TSW2!

46. solicitr

One tiny thing I really like about the G6: unlike the 363 and 204, you can see forward over the hood! The others I wind up driving with my head out the window, which isn't much fun in the rain.

• Like Like x 2
  47. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

TSG rocks, a really good product! Driving behavior, sound, degree of detail very convincingly implemeted. Even keeping all the lettering and numbering in the "Livery Designer" saves a lot of layers. Very well thought out. "Just take a little more time and the product will be fine" can also be good philosophy...

Last but not least: the thing with the helmet is very important, safety at work always has priority! ;)

G6.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  48. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

I’d imagine it’s a slim line to walk between hours of time put into a product and making sure you recoup those costs. I have no doubt DTG and other 3rd parties all want to release the best product possible but they are all company’s that need to make money at the end of the day. A lot of us have no idea what work needs to go into making a locomotive, I only hope that some of the tools they use can become more stream lined over time to help cut down on the amount of work. I do hope TSG does make up for the amount of time this loco must have taken.

• Like Like x 3
  49. solicitr

And therein lies the rub: quality takes time, and time costs money. Maik has said with regard to the 101 and hinted with regard to the G6 that he put in way more time than made economic sense; and the BML timetable is what it is because Joe on his own initiative worked practically 24/7 on it.

At some point before too long, DTG are going to have to consider bumping prices up just to allow for more labor cost/hours in project budgets. These are inflationary times; after all, we're paying $4 a gallon for gas now even in the eastern US.......

• Like Like x 3
  50. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

How do you activate SIFA and PZB at the G6?