No Class 801 Train In Add On

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cwright5, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Note that DTG cannot give you assistance with the AP pack. They can only provide support about their product. If your train is missing, and you should have it, I would also get your App Manifest ready if you didn't already send it. See Steam\steamapps\appmanifest_24010.acf (you can open this in Notepad).

2. SJA

SJA Active Member

Did you also check in Steam under "Manage my DLC" and make sure the 801 was ticked? Mine didn't load properly the first time when I bought it last night but I re-ticked/re-downloaded the 801 in the Steam DLC manager, then re-installed the AP 800 EP and it worked.

Before that it didn't load for me, even though I had the London-Peterborough route installed previously. But then I've ticked and unticked a lot of stuff down the years until I increased my storage space :)

3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

In my Railworks setup the Hitachi Class 801 is a Stand alone item in the Library - not part of the ECML-South.
    I did obtain the 801 pack with the ECML-South though.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

When you purchased the ECML-South you should also have got the Hitachi Class 801 as a separate pack
    The route installs to the RSC Folder and the 801 to the DTG Folder
    Screenshot (112).png
    Try the Scenario with ECML-S called the 801 at 08.01
    If you don't have it it won't load - it will say missing items
    So you need to send a ticket to DTG
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/reporting-a-technical-issue.31193/

5. heardturkey

heardturkey Active Member

I bought the ECML-S during the last sale and that scenario doesn't exist. ( or at least I haven't found it) All you get is a few for the 365 and one HST scenario.

I;ve actually got the 801 pack but not a clue how as there is no record of it in my steam account purchase history. Looking at my Steam DLC list, it looks like it appeared around the time I bought the WCML North and the class 86 pack.

6. Cyclone

The Class 801 is not part of WCML North. See https://steamdb.info/sub/6236/apps/

The current London--Peterborough sale page on Steam is only linking the app. It is NOT linking the full package. Here are some pages to demonstrate that.

First, if you bought TS2015 back then, or were to find a working key now, you would unlock the Class 801 without issue: https://steamdb.info/sub/69483/apps/

This package for London-Peterborough looks like the 801 comes with it: https://steamdb.info/sub/35556/apps/

If you go to the 35556 package and click the Store link, you get this: https://store.steampowered.com/sub/35556/?curator_clanid=4777282&utm_source=SteamDB

You may have somehow ended up with this: https://steamdb.info/sub/434730/apps/

The Twin Pack? Ignoring the fact that it doesn't discount properly on Steam, the package might giv you the proper 801: https://steamdb.info/sub/35558/apps/

35556 looks like it would be the package you need, but Steam shows the AppID. It seems that perhaps the store link is not the correct one to actually include the 801. But as for WCML South, it does not include the 801 itself. See PackageID 478360 and AppID 1364033.

So long story short, you may have correctly purchased both items, but maybe some stores are not properly attributing the 801 with the package. This would be something DTG will need to resolve through Support, so wait for a reply from them and you should have it fixed. I had to contact them twice regarding missing scenarios for two routes and advised them on how to repackage those items. One is no longer sold in that form (and now includes the original scenarios in the new version, that's SWC), and the other is the North London Line (if you buy Goblin Lines first in order to get NLL with it and save money, and you are entitled to the scenarios since NLL shows as owned)..

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  7. Cyclone

Let's be fair. It's not AP's job to make sure you got the stock correctly. But they SHOULD note the troubleshooting element, stating that there are known problems with the loco appearing in your collection and that you should contact DTG if you have the route but the loco is not showing up. They could even quote that scenario to look for.

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

What makes you think they should be reading this?

If you were daft enough to spend money on what you already own then fine.
    A simple ticket to DTG would have resolved the problem at no cost to you
    But that would have meant waiting more than one hour - the difference between two posts

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
  9. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

The 801 scenarios are career scenarios, so they won't show up under the 'standard' tab

10. Cyclone

Or you could have gotten the 801 in one of the other ways it is available...

I may write them advising about this.

11. Cyclone

An update. This will answer the question better of why some don't have the 801.

This one includes the 801: https://steamdb.info/sub/35556/apps/

This one does not: https://steamdb.info/sub/434730/apps/

The second one is in the Great British Railway Journeys bundle. The bundle is not listed as including the 801.

So technically, DTG didn't include the 801 with the GBRJ bundle. But the 801, you'll notice, is also included with NEC New York-New Haven, Pacific Surfliner, and West Somerset Railway. Look them up on the same site. Mine came with NEC, in fact (though I did later obtain London-Peterborough I believe through its annual package key, and that would have done it as well I believe).

I have e-mailed Armstrong Powerhouse advising to update the store with this information in advance of the Steam Sale.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Glad somebody worked it out :)

13. Cyclone

I've become pretty good with SteamDB. I now use it to find route IDs for Workshop searches if someone ever asked how much a route is used (the New Zealand route for instance has 7 scenarios, the Mossel Bay route has zero, South London to Brighton has over 250 if you use the ID shown on it in the Workshop) or where assets are located for a route (the Mossel Bay route for instance uses two archives, one located in HermannK and the other in Johansteam).

14. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

DTG support seemingly impossible to sign up to to create a ticket so I'm posting here. Having the same problem, purchased great British railway journeys and no 801 appearing in TSC...

15. jacowin

jacowin New Member

I copied files from GBRJ into TSC and it has worked ok since.

16. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

As per Jamie. I bought the Peterborough route and found 801 missing. I placed a ticket describing the content clearly included. I was sent a code to download the 801 DLC.
    Respectfully

17. Cyclone

DTG is mainly on holiday right now. There may be a delay in response to tickets created by that situation. They will resume their activities and you will get a response, just be patient. If you post a follow-up it puts you to the back of the line even if you were next in line.

As for the GBRJ...yes, the 801 is not in the pack. I have long considered this an issue, but the SteamDB package confirms the version of the Peterborough route in that pack does not include it. The single route version does include it. However, if you get West Somerset Railway, New York to New Haven (you can drive the Acela DLC on that!), or Pacific Surfliner, you WILL get the 801 with those. You can also copy the 801 files from the other app and that apparently also works, though I do not comment on whether it is advised.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I don't know why they'd have an issue with it. If you're meant to own it then DTG can't have an issue with you using the files you own. Although, if (not that there will be) there's ever an update for the DTG 801 then you won't get it. In fact that makes me wonder, does GBRJ actually get updates. I know the Chatham Main Line was updated for TS recently, did it get that patch for GBRJ?

19. Mr heff

My problem is actually that i cannot create a ticket due to the fact that it asks for a password to the support account and i was never given the opportunity to make one when registering, it doesn't make sense.

20. Cyclone

This is interesting. Can you make a new account?

21. Mr heff

No... That's the problem.

22. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Silly question and i am sure it is something you have looked at but does it give you the option to reset your password and it may send you a link to your email address to "reset" which would enable you to then log in

23. Mr heff

D'oh! Turns out i already have an account registered to my email and it had some random password i couldn't remember but i thought i was entering the likely password. Anyway, reset now and ticket created. What happened was i was sent into a fit of blind rage when i was not able to drive the class 80x. I flipped my desk, ran amok through the streets and crashed the stock market in 17 countries (really!? How?). Just kidding, thank you for your suggestion :) Silly oversight by me.

• Like Like x 1