Just Trains News

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nwp1, Dec 24, 2021.

1. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

It has just been announced that JT are going to develop content for Train Sim World.

In my opinion this is fantastic news. Their work on TS2020 is fabulous so I am excited to see what they produce for TSW2

• Like Like x 31
  2. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Will be very interested to see what they come up with.

Here's their statement:
    upload_2021-12-24_13-18-18.png

• Like Like x 29
  3. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Without knowing much about their work, on this surface this is great news.

For those familiar with the work of JT, can you enlighten us console players as to what sort of content they are known for?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Great stuff, I love their Kyle Line route amongst others for TS1!!

Mostly British based routes from memory, although that might just because I predominantly drive UK routes on TS1

• Like Like x 7
  5. Ant Craft

Ant Craft Well-Known Member

Thye've done the class 153, 220, 221 and 222 which are all part of their advanced series, although they're showing their age a bit now. They've also done Western Mainlines, which is Paddington to Cardiff and Penzance (as long as you have the extensions) via Bristol. While I doubt we'll see such long routes in TSW, at least not straight away, they have produced a lot of good content for TS2020, and I'm sure this will continue in TSW.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

This is welcome news and I hope their transition to TSW2 and UE4 will be smooth.
    Just Trains does some really great routes for TS22. Their MML packs and expansions are top notch and really enjoyable to play on.
    There's some of their older routes around that aren't up to the current standards but hopefully they'll re-release the older routes with newer assets and updated scenery (they recently did this with Southwestern Expressway).

They also did 2 versions of the voyager/meridian units and those were up to AP standards sound wise and functionality wise (except the GSM-R radios).
    I hope they won't stop developing for TS22 though.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
  7. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

Always good to see more 3rd party devs!

I'm not familiar with their work either, but here's their stuff from Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/search/?developer=Just Trains

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Looks like we can get Frankfurt Am Main S-Bahn lines S5 S6 Frankfurt Am Main U-Bahn although it needs to be bundled with another Just Trains product the Metropolitan Line then DTG Made TTC Bloor-Danforth Line or MTA 7th ave Broadway Line as TSW2 Underground Commuter.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

Nice. I love the Just Trains content on TS. I am looking forward to it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. driverwoods#1787

Saw that list and they made London Underground Metropolitan line Chiltern Main Line S-Bahn Rhein Main S5 S6. If Just Trains were to add automatic announcements to S-Bahn Rhein Main S5 S6 it's Ingo Ruff like Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen RE9 RE1 RRO S8

• Like Like x 1
  11. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Now that they have announced that they will make TSW2 Content, its time to speculate about what route(s) they will make. JT are notorious for making extensions, so maybe we will see an Extension? As for new routes, I would imagine they would start by porting over existing TS22 routes

• Like Like x 1
  12. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

The majority of what JT have made for TS, is the sort of stuff I’ve been waiting for in TSW, so this is great news.

• Like Like x 4
  13. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Finally!!

There was a thread 3 - 4 months ago here about JT. So now its official, thats good news.

I guess in the blue randomness they will start the class 60 as first loco dlc, for tvl in the 90s a perfect joice.

As route the 125 miles from newcastle to edinburgh. In their ts version they use the hst intercity 125, class 166 and the 47.
    With the ts dlc interesting liveries are included.

Well all speculation :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Good news. Some of their early TS stuff was a bit generic and relied on default rolling stock, but they have come on since then. I look forward to the Kyle and Metropolitan lines in particular! (That was just a hint BTW).
    2022 shaping up to be a good year for TSW, better free up some HD space…

15. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

More devs taking the plunge. Good news for sure. I wonder how soon we’ll see their first efforts.

• Like Like x 2
  16. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Why would anything "need" to be bundled with two routes that have nothing to do with anything. Who says JT will even make their TS Stuff in TSW, they might want to start from total scratch.

• Like Like x 2
  17. driverwoods#1787

They better do a good job and they made Voarlberg Railway the three country route. That one would end up introducing SBB CFF FFS ÖBB and impact Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg due to ÖBB running the entire length of Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg on Railjet high speed train Nightjet Sleeper train. SBB CFF FFS Rabe 503 to München Pasing

18. driverwoods#1787

Had to guess if there is demand for train simulator 22 Just Trains routes in TSW2 like Frankfurt Am Main

Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
  19. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, despite some of my recent, rather negative posts, I'm still optimistic about the coming year. So, I recently replaced my aging PC - more SSD space, better CPU and GPU, all to get a better TSW experience going forward.

I'm curious. For TS , Just Trains publish their own routes and locos direct to customers from their website ( though some have ended up on DTG's Steam store ). I wonder how they'll distribute their TSW products, especially in light of the fact that most of us are on consoles.

• Like Like x 4
  20. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’ll all be through DTG like the other 3rd Party stuff. It’s the only way they can do it. It’s one of the reasons given by some devs as to why they wouldn’t want to develop for TSW, because everything goes through the publisher DTG.

21. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Hmmm, that does sound very promising! Perhaps they'll choose to develop the South Devon Main Line for TSW aswell! That would surely be a very interesting route, with great scenery that would look even better in TSW compared to TS.

It's good to see more 3rd parties join, I'm looking forward ro Just Trains input.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

JT is a larger, more established, and, I imagine, more profitable publisher of simulation games, including Just Flight. They wouldn't give away the store just to publish TSW content, I would think. Of course they have a sizeable and expanding catalog of their in house TS and MSFS content which they'll continue to sell on their own site. And they are also resellers of DTG's own TS content including some North American dlc.

It's a very interesting development, and a good omen for TSW.

• Like Like x 3
  23. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Have a look at

https://www.justtrains.net/

Regards

Hentis

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Wait, they sell ChrisTrains products aswell? I' not that at home in the TS market, but that means they are at least in some capacity in contact with him right? Could JustTrains entry into TSW makenit easier for ChrisTrains to get in aswell in the future? As a long time supporter of Dutch Railways for TSW that would make me incredibly hopeful :).

• Like Like x 2
  25. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

They will sell on their store front like Rivet do for their content but they won’t be publishing the content themselves I don’t think. TSW is published differently to content for TS as it has to go through DTG to have the same product across PC and console builds. We don’t really need to concern ourselves with the business arrangements of it all but it’s a different beast to making and releasing content for TS.

• Like Like x 1
  26. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Yes! Finally!
    I can’t wait to see what JT produce. Hopefully something up north in the modern day

• Like Like x 2
  27. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Honestly I kind of wonder why it took so long for them to get on board? The flight side of things were one of the few third party devs to sell addons for Flight Sim World after all. I would've thought getting them on board for TSW ASAP would've been a number one priority. Ah well, as they say, better late than never!

28. OldVern

The thing I used to like about the "Just..." brand was their flight sim stuff. Not too complex, but still required a bit of mastery and without the £60+ price tag of the PMDG's of this world.

29. facundo.dim

facundo.dim Active Member

Don't forget that JT made one of the best locos for German/Austrian content, the RWA Railjet Advanced. IMO one of the best german locos available for TS.

And they did some very good UK steam locomotives too.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

This is really good news, lots of great content already for TS22 including plenty of the usual German and UK content plus also lots of others like China. Would love to see the MML on TSW and perhaps they will do an extension for GWE further towards Bristol. Who knows, but lots of great possiblities and really good to see more devs going to be working on content for the game.

• Like Like x 1
  31. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Really good news. I have the MML and most of the extensions, Southwest Expressways, Reading and Metropolitan Line and these are three of my favourite routes for TS Classic (at least once they finally remembered to put the Crooked Spire into the scenery at Chesterfield!}

Of course this doesn’t mean that the quality will transfer to TSW2, which is a completely different animal but I am cautiously optimistic. I look forward to seeing what they come up with.

32. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Given they already have assets and reference material for some routes/locos anything they have made before (probably their more recent products) are more likely to appear. Extensions aren't really practical still and I doubt they would extend an existing route made by another developer. Lastly you can't really 'port' routes/locos from TS to TSW as they have different game architectures, excluding some minor stuff like scenery assets. Porting would imply the routes don't need a total remake, which they would.

Personally I hope to see Sheffield to Derby with the Matlock branch and London to Aylesbury with a section of the Met line. Or just something completely new...

• Like Like x 3
  33. stephen17533

stephen17533 New Member

This is very good news

34. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

JT are very good at continuing bug fixes on their products - e.g. service pack 6 came out last year for their Scottish East Coast Main Line and v1.5 for the Voyager advanced. Their 'advanced ' steam locos are also pretty impressive by TS standards.

• Like Like x 1
  35. meridian#2659

Im still convinced its possible to create a route with the asumption of potential extensions and dlcs from the begin.

If a ton of work needs to be done just for the merge, because the route is a dlc for it self, yes then i agree its not a practical solution.

Im 100% sure jt thinks ahead in the future and creates its content this way. Why people think extensions are bad?
    Right now almost non of the routes live up to its potential.

I like new content, and obviously new routes etc. But to focus on a route, extend it and stay on that to get it alive with more services, for that is jt the right company.

Its a waste to create a huge nice scenery with all the research and ressources, just to leave it half empty behind and move on to the next dlc.

At least dtg got way better in that. As far as i know if there would be a cl.700 dlc, they could just activate the thameslink layers without recreating the entire service timetable.

The Mix of developers is interesting for sure, this gives variety to gameplay and dlcs.

• Like Like x 1
  36. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Extensions are possible in the sense of simply extending scenery onto an existing route, but then that would require the base route to work. DLCs for DLCs aren't as popular. The best solution would be two separate routes snapping together in game if you own both, but that is the complicated bit. To be honest though, I don't think we quite need extensions at the moment especially when there's plenty of other routes with different scenery and traction that should be developed first (let's try not to get too off-topic here).

• Like Like x 2
  37. OldVern

And certainly not until the save game bugs are purged and fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  38. meridian#2659

Thats why im glad JT came in the boat. You made a good point, there is not enough variety of rolling stock for tsw right now, makes it even more important we get devs on board.

• Like Like x 1
  39. DTG Lukas

DTG Lukas Developer Staff Member

Sorry to disappoint, but S-Bahn Frankfurt for example is one of my Products, it was only published by JT, not developed (!)

So don’t expect stuff like that from JT

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  40. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

And the Railjet was RWA, who sell their developments on various other sites.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  41. driverwoods#1787

Thank you for the reply and My thinking was that Just Trains published the Route S-Bahn Rhein Main S5 S6 with DB BR423 RMV decals

42. driverwoods#1787

Thanks for the answer Joe I guess RWA can team up with Just Trains for ÖBB routes then alter Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg due to Railjet being 20:43 München Hbf 21:13 Augsburg Hbf trip

43. OldVern

Would be great in TSW though.

• Like Like x 2
  44. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

I think everyone is too hyped

• Like Like x 1
  45. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Unlikely. With so many platforms to serve it will be easier to make DTG do the distribution. For TSW2 you really need to be in another league than for TS to create any content. You can see this with DTG as well. It took them a long way to arrive at the present point and quality and we are still not always happy ...

• Like Like x 1
  46. 5cip

5cip Active Member

TSW need this great news !

47. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

When is a new TP developer for TSW not something to get hyped about?

More developers = more content and bigger variety.

I'd love to hear your reasoning on why this isn't a positive thing for the game?

• Like Like x 6
  48. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

You know, there are always people who are notoriously negative. You could even give them a route or a loco completely for free and they'd complain about the quality or why other routes aren't for free as well. Don't bother about that. It's not worth it.

• Like Like x 3
  49. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

I think it's not about not being positive, more about not being too quick to get excited. Everyone did the same for Rivet and Skyhook, and look where that ended up.

• Like Like x 1
  50. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

The voice of reason!