Thurstmaster Target Script For Warthog Throttle + Saitek Tq Profile

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Drakoz, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

Hopefully TSW2 will support DirectX game controllers soon after release. But thanks for the comment. Not sure I will buy the Airbus controller, but with some help from you or anyone else who has one, I can probably make some simple changes to get it working.

As for TSW2, not sure if my TARGET script will work with it. As long as they keep the same control system (keep the same key press delay times required to get levers to move in locomotives), then my script should work with TSW2.

2. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

If you have tried my script in TSW2, please let me know if it worked. Sorry, I haven't bought TSW2, but it would really help me to know if it works or not. Of course it will only work on locomotives that my script supports, which means all Sand Patch Grade locos and the standard Peninsula Corridor locomotives.

RailDriver and DirectX game controller support is on the Roadmap for TSW2, which means they are actually working on it, but that could still be a while before it comes. So l'm asking to see if I will need to work on support specifically for TSW2 as well in the mean time, or if supporting TSW DLC is good enough to support TSW2.

Thanks.

3. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

Dovetail just released a Beta of TSW2 that supports the Raildriver! DirectX is not yet supported, so it doesn't yet replace my script if you are still using it for your Warthog or TWCS. I haven't tested my script in TSW2 yet, but I will be doing that in the next few days. I assume it works. But of course, I hope very soon Dovetail will make my script obsolete and we can all enjoy proper game controller support in TSW2.

Thank you Dovetail.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Basti

Basti New Member

Hello everyone, I just wanted to ask if you need to install target in order to use the logitech throtlle quadrant or yoke? I moved the files into the specific folder and also installed the drivers but I don't know how to get them working in TSW.

5. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

You do not need to install TARGET to use the Logitech profiles I provided. Those profiles are intended to work with the Logitech/Saitek Profile software for the Logitech/Saitek Pro Flight Yoke or Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant. They have nothing to do with Thrustmaster.

To use them, you need to install the Logitech/Saitek profile software for your yoke or throttle quadrant (which may be a different download from the drivers for your device - I forget if they are separate installers or not), copy the profiles I provided to the proper directly as explained in the readme file with my files, and then load the profile into the Logitech profile software. That last step is probably the part you are missing. You must load the profile software and then select the desired profile to enable it.

6. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

Update on testing my script with TSW2...

I have seen some locomotives have slightly different control timing for TSW vs. TSW2. For example, the timing for the Automatic brake on the GP/SD38-40 locomotives is slightly different when going into Handle Off, so in TSW2, sometimes, my script fails to move the auto brake through full travel (gets out of sync vs. the in game lever).

In most cases, the script works fine for TSW2, but you may experience out of sync issues more often on some controls. If you are having trouble with this on a particular locomotive, let me know here, and I will fix it. I can't verify them all right now as I have to re-check every loco one at a time, but if people report issues with specific locomotives, I can fix them quickly and release an update.

Again, very few people use this script, so if something isn't working for you, speak up and I'll do my best to help. But if I don't hear anything, I likely won't fix issues for a very long time.

Looking at the roadmap for TSW2 and game controller support, it looks like they are going through the same process I have, having to design controller support on a per locomotive basis, which means it could be a long time before all locomotives are supported. I will continue supporting my script until Dovetail makes my efforts obsolete, but it looks like that will be a while. Regardless, I will always support the script for TSW.

7. Nuggit82

Nuggit82 New Member

Hi Drakoz, first of all... have been using your script for a while. Just bought TSW2 now and looked through the supported locos and cant find DB BR 406 ICE 3M in the list, any plans to adding this?
    Or would it be possible to provide a tutorial how to create the scripts myself? (perhaps its rocket science and not even worse looking into)...
    Thanks for great contribution.:)
    /N

8. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

It will a few weeks before I can get back to updates for my script. I will add the 406 ICE then as well as a couple other DLC I got recently. Or I am happy to work with you to learn how to do it. It is simple in basic concept, but more complex to make it work well. Lots of little techniques I use with different locomotives depending on the complexity of the loco's controls. So difficult to make a tutorial.

If you understand programming a little, you should be able to figure a lot out. Hit me up with questions, or I'm happy to get on a voice call (and screen sharing) to show you a few things to make it more clear.

9. tiger-spiele

tiger-spiele New Member

Hey Drakoz,

I have done a bit of editing in the profile of the GP38/SD40, to make them usable in the game Derail Valley.

Am I allwoed to share the edited script with other people, who might want to drive trains in Derail valley with their Warthogs?
    You will of course be mentioned as the creator of the script, and i have not removed any of your headers in the scripts.

10. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

tiger-spiele The script is offered as an example of TARGET programming, so I would hope others can use it for different games. Yes, please make sure people know the origins of the script. I don't say that so much for crediting me, but to make sure people have access to discussion, history, and knowledge about using the script.

Please let me know where you post it if it is a public forum. I haven't bought Derail Valley (considered it), but I would be happy to participate in discussions about it and would love to see your work. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

I bought a Thrustmater TCA Throttle Quadrant Airbus edition to try on my script with TSW.

It works well. I plan to use it alongside my Warthog so I will have 5 levers (reverser, throttle, dynamic brake, automatic brake, and independent brake). I will also make a version of the script to use the TCA Quadrant stand alone, where the right lever is the locomotive throttle, and the left lever can be switched on the fly to control the 3 different brake levers (just like I have setup the Warthog Throttle).

thrustmaster_tca_throttle_quadrant_small.jpg

I like the feel of the TCA levers, but if you throw them all the way forward quickly (like shutting off the locomotive throttle), it will lift the front of the throttle quadrant - it is a balance thing. By default, the levers have detents, but you can disable that to get smooth lever operation. The latches on the levers (to enable reverse thrust on an Airbus jet) are easy to operate, and you can disable them to get full travel of the lever if desired. I set up the left lever where flipping the latch and pulling back enabled bail off, but disabled the right lever latch to get full travel for the locomotive throttle. All levers use hall effect sensors - so no issues with horrible pots going bad.

Sadly, it has very few buttons and switches which is a BIG disappointment.

You can stack two of them side by side to get 4 levers and a few more switches.

You can also buy the TCA Quadrant Addon (Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Quadrant Add-on - MyPilotStore.com) which adds 2 more levers and a few more switches. So up to 6 levers are possible using two TCA Airbus Quadrants and a single Quadrant Addon pack.

thrustmaster_tca_add-on_medium.jpg

Aside from the limited number of switches, I think Thrustmaster has a winner here. I have been recommending the Logitech/Saitek 3 lever throttle quadrants for years as the best generic "lever" game controller (not for TSW, but for TS and flight sims). But the Saitek quadrant uses pots which go bad eventually. That won't be an issue with hall effect sensors on the TCA products. So these are my new suggested generic "lever" for gaming.

I am not recommending everyone go out and buy the TCA Quadrant and Quadrant addon just to work with my script. But as I have said all along, if you are a flight sim fan and own one of these Thrustmaster throttle quadrants (Warthog Throttle, TWCS, or now the TCA Quadrants), these devices are great for flight sims, and my script lets you use them with TSW as well.

BTW, I bought the TCA Quadrant for cheap, $120 from MyPilotStore.com - Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition - MyPilotStore.com. Normal price is more like $160. Looks like they have a good price on the Add-on Levers too. But that isn't available yet.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  12. TKessel

TKessel Well-Known Member

So I just stumbled across this and it made me to finally register to the forums!

Drakoz thank you so much for this Target Script! I would really love to see it updated in the future! I would like to support your work if this is possible.

13. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

TKessel Thanks for letting me know.

What TSW routes/engines are you most interested in, and TSW or TSW2? I have some new DLC for TSW that I haven't yet added to my script, and I still need to adjust the script to work with TSW2 vs. TSW (there are some slight differences in the key press timing). I hope to make these updates in the next few months, but a new job has me busy for the moment.

Support is always appreciated, but not necessary. Just let me know what DLC you care about and if I haven't added it yet, I'll try to add it. Most important is if you find any issues, let me know and I'll fix them sooner than later. There is always a chance updates to the game will break things, or as shown with TSW2, the timing in my script for TSW doesn't always work for TSW2. Thanks!

14. VION

VION Active Member

Hello Drakoz,
    Just coming back on this very pleasant work you done, I recently bought the TM Throttle quadrant and Stick airbus edition to play with MSFS2020.
    I'm mainly interested for TSW2 now and have mainly the TSW locos ADD'ons to play in TSW2.
    I discovered the TM Script editor software and tested some basics command of programmation inside but just to test them. For MSFS I don't use any script but for another flight sim P3D v5, I use the TARGET GUI to map my Stick Pov as keyboards keys pulse.
    I have learn all the documentation coming with the TARGET Script program; but for now I'm a bit confuse as so much ways there to execute same action we wish. To execute some basic command that is enough easy but for some complex else, I don't know how to do. I'm not an expert in C language but understood the power of this scripting method.
    Here is not the subject I wanted to talk about.
    Question: does your TARGET Script works using the TM Airbus Throttle Quadrant or do I have to modify some command in your Warthog script to be able to use the TM Airbus Throttle Quadrant please?
    To read you soon
    All the best is coming.

15. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

Yes, my current script can be easily modified to enable the TCA Throttle Quadrant, but I haven't released these changes yet. If you understand the script (the KeyAxis() ) command, it isn't hard to add your TCA for a couple locomotives to try it out. I have an example below. Otherwise, I am adding this to the script as I have time, but I can't promise anything soon. I have to add it and test every locomotive one by one.

Technical details....

You can try the TCA Throttle now with the current script. But you have to disable all the detent positions on the TCA Quadrant, including the setting that creates the reverse thrust detent. This makes the TCA levers work for full travel on the locomotive levers, but we loose the ability to do Bailoff. I have made an update for the KeyAxisDirectional() command that will allow using the TCA Quadrant Reverse Thrust setting for Bail off. It works great, but I can't release it until I finish my current changes.

To add the TCA Quadrant, you would have to create new KeyAxis() commands for your locomotive of choice to use the TCA Quadrant and the axis you desire.

For example below is the code I added to my script (but haven't released yet) for the SD/GP38/40 locomotives. See the last few lines for the TCA Quadrant and notice the differences vs. the KeyAxis() commands for the Warthog Throttle and the TWCS Throttle. The commands for specific Locomotive levers are exactly the same except you must assign the TCS Quadrant and axis, and you must also use the AXIS_REVERSED command at the end of the KeyAxisDirectional() command (like I had to with the TWCS Throttle as well). This is because both the TWCS throttle and the TCA Throttle give their position data in reverse compared to the Warthog Throttle.

Also, in my example below, I only mapped the TCA Quadrant to drive the Automatic Brake and the Independent Brake. So now I use a Warhog Throttle and the TCA side by side to give me 4 full size levers to control the locomotive throttle and the Independent, Automatic, and Dynamic Brakes all on their own levers now. No more using the FLAPS swtich to flip the function of the brake lever. If you buy 2 TCA Throttle Quadrants, you can use both at the same time and get 4 levers, or you can add a TCA Quadrant Add-on (when it is available - I think they just hit the market finally), which adds the 2 extra side levers, and that gives you 4 levers. Use 2 TCA Quadrants and the TCA Add-on, and you get 6 levers, and all 6 can be used with my script by just adding the appropriate KeyAxis() commands for each lever. This is a nice setup as 6 levers is enough to handle all the levers on the German locomotives, for example, without any axis swapping.

If you only have the TCA Throttle Quadrant, you'll need to assign a 3 position switch on the TCA to control selection of the brake levers. You do that by changing the "define UMDAxis" command in the .ttm file.

Sadly, the TCA does not have a lever that can be used to control the reverser, and there aren't very many buttons and switches on it either. This is the big disappointment on the TCA Quadrant.

I know this may be confusing, but if you care to try to add the TCA yourself, I wanted to give you a starting point at least.

Oh, and don't forget, you'll have to upgrade to the latest version of TARGET to support the TCA Airbus Stick and Throttle.

Code:
        // Warthog THR_RIGHT axis config - engine throttle
        KeyAxis(&Throttle, THR_RIGHT, 'o', AXMAPEXEC("KeyAxisDirectional(&Throttle, THR_RIGHT, &pro_SD40GP38_ThrZoneList, &pro_SD40GP38_ThrActionUP, &pro_SD40GP38_ThrActionDN);"));
        // Warthog THR_LEFT axis config using UMD Switch - U=dynamic brake, M=automatic brake, D=indepedent brake
        KeyAxis(&Throttle, THR_LEFT, 'u', AXMAPEXEC("KeyAxisDirectional(&Throttle, THR_LEFT, &pro_SD40GP38_DynZoneList, &pro_SD40GP38_DynActionUP, &pro_SD40GP38_DynActionDN);"));
        KeyAxis(&Throttle, THR_LEFT, 'm', AXMAPEXEC("KeyAxisDirectional(&Throttle, THR_LEFT, &pro_SD40GP38_AutoZoneList, &pro_SD40GP38_AutoActionUP, &pro_SD40GP38_AutoActionDN);"));
        KeyAxis(&Throttle, THR_LEFT, 'd', AXMAPEXEC("KeyAxisDirectional(&Throttle, THR_LEFT, &pro_SD40GP38_IndZoneList, &pro_SD40GP38_IndActionUP, &pro_SD40GP38_IndActionDN);"));

// TWCS Throttle axis config - dynamic brake
        KeyAxis(&TWCSThrottle, TTHR, 0, AXMAPEXEC("KeyAxisDirectional(&TWCSThrottle, TTHR, &pro_SD40GP38_DynZoneList, &pro_SD40GP38_DynActionUP, &pro_SD40GP38_DynActionDN, AXIS_REVERSED);"));

// TCA Throttle Quadrant QT_RIGHT axis config
        KeyAxis(&TCAQuadrant12, QT_RIGHT, 'o', AXMAPEXEC("KeyAxisDirectional(&TCAQuadrant12, QT_RIGHT, &pro_SD40GP38_AutoZoneList, &pro_SD40GP38_AutoActionUP, &pro_SD40GP38_AutoActionDN, AXIS_REVERSED);"));
        // TCA Throttle Quadrant QT_LEFT axis config
        KeyAxis(&TCAQuadrant12, QT_LEFT, 'o', AXMAPEXEC("KeyAxisDirectional(&TCAQuadrant12, QT_LEFT, &pro_SD40GP38_IndZoneList, &pro_SD40GP38_IndActionUP, &pro_SD40GP38_IndActionDN, AXIS_REVERSED);"));

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  16. VION

VION Active Member

Good evening Drakoz,
    I have just read your reply on Tuesday, whereas you had replied to me on Saturday; I have taken note of your code example. As the Target script merges several real controllers into one virtual controller, and as I also have a Saitek Flight Throttle Quadrant next to the TCA Throttle Quadrant, would it be possible for me to use both devices to get five virtual axes in total. Of course I saw and read in your demonstration videos, that the levers of the Saitek TQ did not react as expected but had an annoying tendency to mimic successive key presses. In your example code, I wonder why you don't use the "mapAxis" command instead of Keyaxis; as far as I understand with TSW2, it waits for keystrokes and not the movement of any axis. This is certainly why you use the "keyaxis" command.

With the help of your code, I will test and normally everything should work but I will also try to include my Saitek Throttle Quadrant even if it is not a thrustmaster one since in their script usage document, the TARGET program can include any type of USB controller. While waiting to buy a Thrustmaster airbus addon edition, I'm going to experiment with the Saitek TQ. In any case, I'm going to dive back into the script documentation to learn how to use all the commands and see more specifically the function declarations to use them in a script. A long time ago, in the early days of consumer computing and the windows system in 1987/89, I tried to make small code programs in Qbasic to reproduce sine curves on the screen and vary their frequency. It was the beginning of scientific calculators with graph displays. I have always been interested in programming; Visual Basic was quite intuitive and gave good results. But reading books on programming I soon realised that it wasn't my favourite thing to do because of all the weird names used in the codes. What always appealed to me were arrays that could be used in the code as a source of data used in a loop instead of iterating the same loop until it was conditionally exited.
    Anyway, I'm going to dive back into this TARGET script to try to bring out something interesting for our TSW2 game and for personal satisfaction too.
    I am long, so I apologize.
    See you soon.
    Very warmly.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

17. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

Yes, it is possible to use a Saitek Throttle Quadrant with the TCA, but they must work independantly. TARGET does not support Saitek controllers. I cannot combine the Saitek and Thrustmaster controllers into a virtual controller because TARGET does not allow that for non-Thrustmaster devices. The Saitek profiles I provide work only with the Logitech/Saitek Profile software. Most other game controllers have simple software like this which will do the same thing.

[Edit - I confused MapAxis and KeyAxis - so I have added this paragraph and fixed my mistakes in paragraphs below] You said MapAxis(), but MapAxis() has nothing to do with axis to keystroke functions (move an axis and press keyboard keys as the axis moves). MapAxis() maps a Thrustmaster Axis (like the Right Throttle) to a DirectX axis (such as DX_X_AXIS). KeyAxis() is the TARGET command for mapping an axis to press keystrokes as it moves, but KeyAxis() doesn't do what I need to make TSW work.

For a simple lever like the independant brake, the Saitek profile works OK if you use it carefully (move it slowly), as I describe in my video. But for complex levers like the automatic brake on most locomotives, the Saitek profile software lacks the ability to perfectly control the key presses, hence the Saitek lever and the locomotive lever get out of sync almost immediately. Even TARGET does not have this ability using built in commands like KeyAxis() using AXMAP1 or AXMAP2. That is why I had to create the custom function, KeyAxisDirectional(), which is used with TARGET's KeyAxis() command similar to AXMAP1() or AXMAP2(). It solves the sync problems by making sure TSW and the axis don't get out of sync.

In fact, TARGET's KeyAxis() command (with AXMAP1() or AXMAP2()) is very similar to what the Saitek Profile software can do. Again, most game controllers today come with simple profile software that can do an axis to key function. Two forms of axis to key press are available - 1) press one key when moving the axis forward, press another key when moving the axis backward, or 2) set a number of zones, and press a key when you enter a zone. Problem is with 2, you get the same key press whether you enter the zone with a forward axis movement or an backward axis movement. But to make things work with TSW, I need 1 and 2 at the same time - I need zones and the ability to press one key when moving forward into a zone, and a different key when moving backwards into a zone. My KeyAxisDirectional() command does both 1 and 2 at the same time. I have not see any other game controller software that has this kind of axis to key mapper. Even KeyAxis() only supports 1 or 2 (using AXMAP1 or AXMAP2), but not both at the same time. You can't use AXMAP1() and AXMAP2() at the same time. So I created KeyAxisDirectional().

Sadly, TARGET only supports the following USB devices (which are all Thrustmaster devices). The VID numbers are the USB ID's and TAGET is hard coded to support only these VIDs. TARGET doesn't even support all Thrustmaster devices, just the ones below. This info can be seen in the top of the target.tmh file.

Throttle = "VID_044F&PID_0404" Warthog Throttle
    Joystick = "VID_044F&PID_0402" Warthog Joystick
    LMFD = "VID_044F&PID_b351" Left MFD Panel
    RMFD = "VID_044F&PID_b352" Right MFD Panel
    HCougar = "VID_044F&PID_0400" HOTAS Cougar Stick and Throttle
    T16000 = "VID_044F&PID_B10A" T.16000 Joystick (Right hand setup)
    T16000L = "VID_044F&PID_B10B" T.16000 Joystick (Left hand setup)
    TWCSThrottle = "VID_044F&PID_B687" TWCS Throttle (throttle that comes wiht T.16000 HOTAS Setup)
    TFRPRudder = "VID_044F&PID_B679" TFRP Rudder (through a USB dongle to allow hooking up the TRFP Rudder stand alone)
    TFRPHARudder = "VID_044F&PID_B68F" TFRPHA Rudder Pedal Set
    JoystickF18 = "VID_044F&PID_0403" F18 stick on Warthog Joystick base
    A320Pilot = "VID_044F&PID_0405" Airbus TCA Joystick in Pilot Config
    A320Copilot = "VID_044F&PID_0406" Airbus TCA Joystick in CoPilot Config
    TCAQuadrant12 = "VID_044F&PID_0407" Airbus TCA Throttle - set to Throttle 1&2
    TCAQuadrant34 = "VID_044F&PID_0408" Airbus TCA Throttle - set to Throttle 3&4

Note the TCA throttle Add-On is supported through the TCA Throttle Quadrant.

Also, Thrustmaster sells a dongle (the T.RJ12 USB adapter) that is basically a 3 axis to USB converter that is TARGET compatible. See my post #5 in this thread where I talk about it (click here to go to post #5).

Here is a link to Thrustmaster's page on the T.RJ12 - Click Here. But it might be hard to buy one today.

Ya, I did the same with my first IBM PC type computer in the '80's. It was really neat to create mathematical graphs on the computer back then using simple BASIC.

Yes, and you'll notice that KeyAxisDirectional() uses arrays to work - as I am sure you have seen in the "Drakoz_TrainSimWorld_Warthog.ttm" file. So when I create a new profile for a locomotive, I am mostly creating those tables.

18. VION

VION Active Member

Hello Drakoz,
    You have effectively explained to me why I will not be able to use the Saitek TQ in the TARGET application; so I will give up my tests on this subject because I had already experimented with the use of the Saitek TQ using your script but with the software that comes with the Saitek by making some adjustments on the delays and macro commands but unfortunately it had not really convinced me and you explain here very well why.
    While rereading last night the whole document about the use of the TARGET Script, I noticed that the Keyaxis() command was explained and included in the tmh header; as said in the document it is used to use controller axes to simulate keyboard presses which in the case of TSW2 is the main object. You will forgive me because I had skimmed the explanatory document without reading further.
    In any case it will give me an additional impulse to dive back into the throes of programming.
    Thank you in any case for all that you do. Concerning the native support of Track IR, I think it's in the development program of TSW2 in a not so distant future; it will be already a very good progress for the pleasure of the gameplay.
    I wish you all the best.
    Thanks again for your research and efforts.
    Very warmly.
    Gerard
    PS: I forgave to ask where to find the short words for the physical buttons and Hat Pov and axis on the TCA Airbus edition please if you know ?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  19. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

Gerard, Thanks for your comments. If you have more questions, just ask. The included document with the script is a little out of date for the technical explanation section, but still useful to understand the concept.

To find the short words for the physical buttons and HAT POV and axis names, look in the Thrustmaster defines.tmh file.

20. philnash69

philnash69 New Member

Just bought TSW2 which was on discount with East Coast DLC. I was shocked and disappointed at the lack of controller support in this sim. As a flight simmer, sims live and die on their controller support, but it seems console support is deemed more important. Any, Drakoz you are my saviour and thankyou for all the hard work you put into this. Although the Class 377 isn't in your engine list, using the Target script with the AC4400 config. is workable and far better than keyboard

• Like Like x 1
  21. kris.l.hanson

kris.l.hanson New Member

Drakoz What tremendous work on what has been a long-time gap in the basic TSW 2 functionality. I had no issues with your script (using the Thrustmaster Warthog). Great job and thank you.

22. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

I have started major updates to my script to add the TCA Throttle Quadrant in support of the Warthog. More on that in a moment. But I wanted to answer your question above in more detail.

Here is the list of words used to reference the TCA Throttle, and TCA Add-on axes and buttons. Don't forget, TARGET supports 2 TCA Throttles at the same time which can give 4 axes. They are called TCAQuadrant12 and TCAQuadrant34. You would use them as &TCAQuadrant12, for example, in place of &Throttle in my script.

If you have questions, just ask.

----------------------------------

Following list is from defines.tmh, updated with my comments.

Applies to the following devices:
    alias TCAQuadrant12 // TCA Throttle set as device 12
    alias TCAQuadrant34 // TCA Throttle set as device 34

Note, this allows 2X the following set of buttons and axes. So 8 DirectX Axis are possible
    using 2 TCA quadrants, each with a TCA Add-On connected to them.

// ----------------------------------- TCA Quadrant interface --------------------------------
    // TCA Quadrant Buttons
    define QT_BTN1 0 // - Left Axis Red Button
    define QT_BTN2 1 // - Right Axis Red Button
    define QT_BTN3 2 // - Left ENG Switch
    define QT_BTN4 3 // - Left ENG Switch
    define QT_BTN5 4 // - Left Push Button
    define QT_BTN6 5 // - Right Push Button
    define QT_BTN7 6 // - MODE Switch set to CRANK
    define QT_BTN8 7 // - MODE Switch set to IGN/START

// TCA Quadrant - Left Axis Virtual Buttons
    define QT_VL_BTN1 8 // - Button 1 (axis all the way forward)
    define QT_VL_BTN2 9 // - Button 2 (axis middle forward)
    define QT_VL_BTN3 10 // - Button 3 (axis middle back)
    define QT_VL_BTN4 11 // - Button 4 (axis all the way back)

// TCA Quadrant - Right Axis Virtual Buttons
    define QT_VR_BTN1 12 // - Button 1 (axis all the way forward)
    define QT_VR_BTN2 13 // - Button 2 (axis middle forward)
    define QT_VR_BTN3 14 // - Button 3 (axis middle back)
    define QT_VR_BTN4 15 // - Button 4 (axis all the way back)

// TCA Quadrant Add-On Buttons - Flap Lever (right hand lever)
    define QF_BTN1 16 // - Flap - Push Button
    define QF_BTN2 17 // - Flap - RUD TRIM Left
    define QF_BTN3 18 // - Flap - RUD TRIM Right
    define QF_BTN4 19 // - Flap - PARK BRK

// TCA Quadrant Add-On Buttons - Speed Brake Lever (left hand lever)
    define QS_BTN1 20 // - Gear UP/DN Lever (in UP position)
    define QS_BTN2 21 // - AUTO BRK Position 1 (full CCW)
    define QS_BTN3 22 // - AUTO BRK Position 2
    define QS_BTN4 23 // - AUTO BRK Position 3
    define QS_BTN5 24 // - AUTO BRK Position 4
    define QS_BTN6 25 // - AUTO BRK Position 5 (full CW

// TCA Quadrant Add-On - Speed Brake Virtual Buttons
    define QS_V_BTN1 26 // - Button 1 (axis all the way forward - RET)
    define QS_V_BTN2 27 // - Button 2 (axis middle forward)
    define QS_V_BTN3 28 // - Button 3 (axis middle - 1/2)
    define QS_V_BTN4 29 // - Button 4 (axis middle back)
    define QS_V_BTN5 30 // - Button 5 (axis all the way back - FULL)

// DirectX Axes
    define QT_LEFT IN_POSITION_AXIS_X // Throttle Left axis - TCA Quadrant
    define QT_RIGHT IN_POSITION_AXIS_Y // Throttle Right axis - TCA Quadrant

define QF_FLAP IN_POSITION_AXIS_Z // Flap Axis - TCA Quadrant Add-On Right Axis
    define QS_SPEED IN_POSITION_AXIS_RZ // Speed Axis - TCA Quadrant Add-On Left Axis

// For Plug In Rudder Pedals
    define QR_LEFT IN_POSITION_AXIS_RY // Rudder Left Pedal Axis
    define QR_RIGHT IN_POSITION_AXIS_RX // Rudder Right Pedal Axis
    define QR_RUDDER IN_POSITION_AXIS_SLIDER1 // Rudder Axis

23. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

Finally I have time to do major updates to the TARGET script. Here is a list of what I am doing. I hope to release this in a few weeks.

Here is the list of what I am doing:

- Added TCA Quadrant to work along side the Warthog - gives 5 dedicated levers (reverser, throttle, dynamic brake on the Warthog, with automatic and independent brakes on the TCA Throttle).

- Adding several new locomotives, including the standard TSW2 locos. I don't have much of the TSW2 only DLC. Speak up and let me know what TSW2 DLC is most interesting.

- Breaking the script out into a TSW and TSW2 version because too many of the TSW2 locomotives are slightly different vs. TSW. Also, Dovetail is not adding new locos to TSW, so that script does not need the new TSW2 locomotives. But I will maintain the same features on both scripts.

- Creating a TCA Quadrant only version of the script (no Warthog needed). That means you can run TSW/TSW2 with a $120 controller. Uses the same concept where the throttle is on the right lever, and the brakes are on the left lever, using the 3 position switch to select which brake the lever controls. Sadly, there is no axis for the reverser, so this will be controlled by the push buttons. Also, there are so few buttons and switches period that you will have to use the keyboard for most button/switch type functions. But locomotive levers can be controlled by the TCA Quadrant.

- The TCA Quadrant version will also support use of a second TCA Quadrant, and/or the TCA Quadrant Add-on, giving up to 6 levers to control a locomotive. The TCA Quadrant Add-on isn't available right now, but I believe will start shipping again in September.

If you have comments on how you would like the TCA Quadrant to work, please speak up. With so few buttons and switches, it is very limited for controlling things like the bell, horns, sand, AWS, wipers, etc. So it would be nice to hear comments on which button/switch functions are most important.

• Like Like x 1
  24. JPS

JPS Member

Since no one answered (and I have access to the forums again): Anything 'murican! Then British, then German, in that order (I'm a hoarder, so I buy anything and everything). :P

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  25. shawn.poll

shawn.poll New Member

just like to say your script is fantastic and easy to us when i look at the script i think it must have taken alot of time and effort to do so many thanks. im looking forward to seeing what you come up whith next. and if dovetail games read this forum give him a job developing game controller suport as it 2021 after all nearly all games to date have controller support. again many thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  26. SkidMarkYT

SkidMarkYT Member

Hi Drakoz, I have tested your TMW script on the following loco's and they have worked flawlessly - BR 101 using the BR 143/185.5 profile - the Class 377 and the Class 465 using the Class 166 profile. I shall be testing the class 375 in the coming days. Thanks for sharing bud :love:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

Thanks for the feedback. Very helpful.

I hope Dovetail will make more locomotives with similar controls work using the same key presses and keypress delays. It would make it much easier to support more locomotives, both for my script and probably with their own addition of controller support as well. Maybe that is what they are doing, and that is why you had success with the above locomotives. Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 1
  28. JPS

JPS Member

Any ETA yet on an updated version? Finished/unfinished, I don't care :P

29. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

JPS Sorry, I've been very busy, but making progress slowly. I need to finish the new "notch" based method of doing the locomotive profiles (which is a rewrite of the key part of the script), and also fixing issues with having multiple controllers at the same time. It was taking me too long to do profiles using the current "zone" method, but the new notch method makes it much easier. Both will be supported (not redoing the old locos), but all new loco profiles will use the notch method. And this will hopefully be a little easier for anyone wanting to add their own profile.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

I will post a preliminary version of the script this weekend (v4.0) which includes TSW2 support, some new locomotives, and support for the Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Throttle (alongside the Warthog, or standalone).

The updated script works great - all the heavy work is done (to support the TCA Throttle and other Thrustmaster devices like perhaps the TCA Boeing throttle). More importantly, I made a change that makes it easier to create new locomotive profiles from scratch. The old method still works and most the existing profiles use the old method still, but the new method is easier to explain to anyone that might want to create your own profile (perhaps I'll do a Youtube video on that). I was able to make 3 new profiles in a single evening whereas previously, it would take me a whole weekend otherwise.

I tested and updated all the American DLC I have for TSW2. I still need to finish testing the British and German DLC that I have. I will complete that before Christmas. I have almost all the DLC for TSW (missing only 2 routes) and what I have for TSW is fully tested. With no Raildriver support for TSW, that might be more important to some of you. For TSW2, this script is mostly important for people with Thrustmaster gear that don't want to buy or use a Raildriver.

Of course, I can only add DLC that I have, and Dovetail is putting out new DLC faster than I can keep up (or afford). So as always, not much of the newer DLC is supported. But a few of you have reached out to me with reports that some locomotives I don't have work with existing profiles in the script (Thanks!!). I will update that info in the supported list. And I hope to work with a couple of you to add DLC using the newer "easier" profile creation method.

31. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

Thrustmaster Warthog TARGET Script for Train Sim World
    TSW and TSW2 supported

Version 4.0-211212-2-WIP

Here is the initial v4.0 update. This version mainly includes TSW2 support, support for some new locomotives, some internal updates and fixes, and it adds the Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Edition Throttle alongside the Warthog to control locomotives. The Warthog is still supported alone, but the TCA Throttle means no more axis sharing using the FLAPS switch if you prefer.

This is a Work-In-Progress release. Most the supported locomotives have been tested and work fine, but there are a couple locomotives I need to fix or improve, or a few minor issues with the script. I wanted to get something out sooner than later at the request of a couple users, but will continue to update things throughout the month of December including adding a couple more locomotives and releasing a version of the script using only the Thrustmaster TCA Throttle. A much cheaper alternative than a Warthog or a Raildriver even.

Even though TSW2 supports the Raildriver for most locomotives, I prefer using a Thrustmaster Warthog (with TCA Throttle) over the Raildriver. I will continue to update this script for as long as I continue to play with TSW and TSW2, especially since it is much easier to add new locomotives now.

Please leave a comment or Like if you are using this. The feedback is much appreciated.

Download here - v4.1-211212-2-WIP
    This is a full release - you do not need to download any previous versions.
    http://akhara.com/drop/TrainSimWorld/TSW_TARGET_Script_Drakoz_v4_0-211212-2-WIP.zip

What's new...
    • Added support for Train Sim World 2 (two separate scripts now).
    • Added the following locomotives:
      • Improved support for GP9, GP38 (separate profiles for different variations)
      • MP36PH
      • MP36PH Cab Car
      • MP15DC Switcher
      • SD70Ace
      • DB BR 406 ICE
      • DB BR 422
    • Updated several locomotives for better performance.
    • Added support for the TCA Airbus Edition Throttle (paved groundwork for supporting other new Thrustmaster devices alone or paired together - maybe the Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Throttle just released?).
    • Added a “notch” based configuration method that is easier to use to program new locomotives. Not as weird to use as the previous “zone” based method. Both zone and notch methods still supported.
    • WIP Planned Features
      • Create a separate Thrustmater TCA Airbus only Script using 1 or 2 TCA throttles.
      • Add a few remaining locomotives I didn’t finish, or that need fixing.
    See the file “Drakoz_TrainSimWorld-Release_Notes.txt” for complete details about updates.

Installing and Using

It is assumed you already have a basic understanding of how to use TARGET scripts (how to compile and run them). Ask questions if you need help. The included PDF manual is very detailed on how to install and use the script.

See the included Excel file (TrainSimWorld_Generic_Warthog Controller Layout.xlsx) for a layout of
    how the commands are mapped to the Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle. The PDF documentation also has comments specific to each locomotive including notes about using the TSW TARGET Script, but also notes about using the locomotives in TSW generally (things that are not documented in Dovetail's manuals).

I have not documented how the TCA Throttle is used yet. I only programmed the left/right axis, usually to control the independent brake (left) and automatic brake (right), leaving the Warthog Left throttle to control the Dynamic brake, or AFB (cruise control). Load your locomotive and try them to see what they control. I did not program any buttons on the TCA Throttle. Maybe later. You can use standard TARGET MapKey() commands to do that if you want.

Supported Locomotives

To change to a different locomotive, press and hold the MSP button, then press the LDGH button to advance to the next profile, or press the APENG button to go to the previous profile. You can also use the THR_FC axis on the Warthog to more quickly cycle through profiles (move forward to increment profile, backward to decrement profile). Watch the TARGET Script Editor output window, listen to the beeps (if you installed the BEEP program), or look at the LEDs on the Warthog to see which locomotive is selected. When you release the MSP button, the name of the selected profile will be spoken aloud as confirmation. If speech isn't working for you, or you get an error or virus warning, see the PDF documentation for notes on how to solve the problem or disable speech.
    • LIRR M7 EMU
    • MP15DC
    • MP36PH and MP36PH Cab Car
    • GP38-2, GP40-2, SD40-2, GP9
    • EMD F40PH-2CAT and EMD F40PH-2CAT CAB CAR
    • Amtrak ACS-64 (TSW)
    • SD70ACe
    • Amtrak SW1000R (TSW)
    • GE AC4400CW
    • Amtrak ex-Metroliner Cab Car IVb (TSW)
    • BR Class 08 (TSW good, TSW2 supports needs to be fixed)
    • BR Class 09
    • BR Class 31
    • BR Class 33
    • BR Class 37 and BR Class 40
    • BR Class 43 HST
    • BR Class 45
    • BR Class 47
    • BR Class 52
    • BR Class 66
    • BR Class 101
    • BR Class 166
    • DB BR 143
    • DB BR 155
    • DB BR 182
    • DB BR 146.2 and DB BR 185.2
    • DB BR 406 ICE
    • DB BR 422 (TSW2)
    • DB BR 766.2 and 767.2 Control Cars
    • 1442-1 Talent 2

Support coming soon for the following locomotives:

• 1972 MkII Tube Stock (Bakerloo Line)
    • A few that other users confirmed work, but I need to confirm details.
    • We'll see what I buy over the Holidays
    If your favorite locomotive is not supported, contact me and we can add support together. I am willing to work with people over Discord or Zoom, screen sharing and such to make this happen. I just can't afford to buy all the DLC at full price, though, so the newest locomotives won't be done until they go on sale or someone is able to work with me over video conferencing to add DLC I don't own.

I also hope to do some more Youtube videos on using and modifying the script.

32. vas1lysk

vas1lysk New Member

Very cool work. But I have TCA Airbus only. So me wait for sepearte script

33. jamster47

jamster47 Well-Known Member

Hello all,
    Are there any plans for the 313, 377 and 387 to be added?

34. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

I am finishing up the TCA Airbus Throttle Quadrant script now. I plan to release it in a few days (before the News Years weekend).

It works either stand alone with a single TCA Airbus throttle, or two TCA throttles. Like the Warthog throttle version of the script, you can manipulate all the levers with just one TCA Airbus Throttle. The left axis can be switched to control three different levers using the Mode switch on the TCA throttle. See my videos on using the Warthog throttle (and sharing the function of the left axis to control the automatic, independent, and dynamic brakes). The TCA Airbus throttle works exactly the same. But with two TCA Airbus throttles, you don't need to use that function.

I am very happy with the feel of the TCA throttles. The Warthog is still better, but for the cost, the TCA Airbus throttle is a very nice controller for sims in general. And yes, I like using 1 or 2 TCA Throttles more than using a Raildriver, but that is a personal opinion. Two TCA throttles cost about the same as a Raildriver, and with my script, the TCA throttles do better at supporting all the levers even on German locomotives including AFB (cruise control), and throttle power selection when using AFB. The main thing I don't like about the Raildriver is the shared throttle/dynamic brake lever. It is OK with most locos that have shared throttle/brake, but I hate it otherwise. Using two TCA throttles, though, I get 4 full travel levers that can do throttle/brake in a single lever, or throttle & all the brake levers separately.

I don't say any of this to convince anyone to go out and buy a TCA throttle and use my script. Just expressing an opinion. I am sure many might feel the opposite as it really boils down to what you get used to.

Main downside to using the TCA throttle is it has very few buttons, and I had to use the two square push buttons for the reverser (instead of using the nice paddle lever on the Warthog, the THR_FC axis). Otherwise, I just chose to use the keyboard or mouse for most locomotive buttons and switches. I could use the buttons on my Raildriver alongside my Thrustmaster script, but the keyboard is fine.

That is an important point. My script doesn't preclude using a Raildriver. You can use a Raildriver side by side with my script to augment the less than ideal levers on the Raildriver.

I did not add support for the TCA Airbus joystick as using a sprung joystick doesn't help much for a train sim. But with so few buttons on the TCA throttle, it might be worth using the buttons on the Joystick, and maybe the Joystick slider axis to control the reverser. I can add that if anyone decides it is really needed. but my goal for using these throttle quadrants is primarily to give analog axes to control locomotive levers. I found using the keyboard for buttons was still very satisfying to control locomotive buttons but using buttons to control a locomotive lever is a no go for me.

Another good option to add more buttons and an axis is to use a Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle. It has almost the same button capability as the Warthog Throttle (several hats, etc.). The TWCS is supported to aid use of a TCA Throttle, or Warthog Throttle, but I didn't program any buttons to do anything since I don't use my TWCS for TSW anymore. Again, I can add that, or help others add button controls. Just ask. I think a single TCA Airbus throttle and a TWCS would complement each other very well.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

I have the DLC with the 377 and 387 and will add them soon.

I don't have the 313 DLC. But, the 313 looks very simple - just a reverser and a throttle/brake lever. It might not be difficult to add if you can give me some details about it. If you are interested in helping please let me know.

For the curious, here is the kind of information I need......

To program a locomotive lever, I need to know the lever notch positions and how long of a key press is required to move between those notches. The Thrustmater Event Tester (installed when you install the TARGET software) makes obtaining this information easy.

For example, take the reverser on the 313. It looks like it just has forward, neutral, and reverse, so 3 notches or positions. To move from one position to the next using the keyboard W and S keys, you have to hold the key a certain amount of time (e.g. 100ms to 250ms usually). I need to know that time, going from Forward to Neutral to Reverse, and from Reverse to Neutral to Forward. I need to know the minimum key press time to move from one position to the next as well as the maximum time you can hold a key and move only one position, but not two positions.

Then I would need the same information for the throttle/brake lever.

The reverser is easy as it tends to be the same time for all movements. Other levers, especially brake and throttle/brake levers often have many different key press times. For example, it might take 500ms to get into the Emergency Brake so you don't accidentally go there.

Levers often have exact positions (e.g. idle, 1, 2, 3, ..., 8 for a throttle, or Release, Initial, Minimum, Maximum, Handle off, and Emergency for an automatic brake. In the case of a throttle/brake lever, there is usually a center Idle notch, or there might be an Idle for Throttle, and a Coast for braking, with a big bump between them. I would need to know all those positions and the key press timing to enter each position.

They also often have a continuous zone. For example, the area between Min and Max on a brake lever where TSW will show it as a percentage of application. For this, I need to know how many taps of the keyboard key (A/D or ;/') are required to go from 0% to 100%. These should be very short taps, like 50ms per tap. It often takes about 15 to 30 taps to do this.

With that information, I can build a profile for a locomotive lever. Since the 313 is so simple, maybe we can do it back and forth through PMs. Again, contact me if you are willing to help. We can even do a video call. I'm willing to hook up with people to help program locomotives that I haven't bought yet.

36. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

Version 4.1

Now supports the Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Throttle as a standalone controller. No Warthog Throttle needed. You can also use two TCA Throttles to get 4 axes. Version 4.1 of the script also adds a couple new locomotives and fixes issues with a few other locomotives.

Like the Warthog Throttle, you can use one TCA Airbus Throttle to control all the locomotive levers (throttle, reverser, and the 3 types of brakes, or other controls like AFB). Depending on the locomotive, the right axis usually controls the locomotive throttle, and the left axis can be selected to control the different brakes, AFB, or transmission gear. The TCA Mode switch selects which locomotive lever is controlled by the left axis.

With 2 TCA throttles, you don't need to use the MODE switch - all locomotive levers have a dedicated axis. Unlike the Warthog, the TCA throttle is affordable at about $130 (and good deals on eBay). You can buy 2 of them for about the cost of a Raildriver and much less than a Warthog Throttle. The downside for the TCA Throttle is very few buttons and switches. Hence, you must use the keyboard or mouse for most locomotive button and switch controls.

thrustmaster_tca_throttle_quadrant_small.jpg

Download here - v4.1
    http://akhara.com/drop/TrainSimWorld/TSW_TARGET_Script_Drakoz_v4_1.zip

Please leave a comment or Like if you are using this.
    The feedback is much appreciated.

What's new...
    • Created separate TSW and TSW2 scripts to support one or two Airbus TCA throttles (no Warthog Throttle needed).
    • Logical pairings for main and secondary controllers
      • Made it so when selecting a function for the main Left Axis (Warthog Left or TCA 1&2 Left axis) that the chosen axes on the secondary controller does not conflict (no 2 axis do the same thing).
      • Also, when selecting a function for main controller left axis, it will change the secondary controller axes to complement the main controller rather than duplicate controls.
    • Added or updated the following locomotives:
      • GP9, GP38, GP40, SD40 – separated into their own profiles now to improve a few functions (now for TSW and TSW2).
      • Amtrak ACS-64 for TSW2
      • Fixed BR08 profile for TSW2
      • Fixed DB BR 155 profile – better control and reduced out of sync issues.
      • Fixed DB Class 47 brakes for TSW2
    See the file “Drakoz_TrainSimWorld-Release_Notes.txt” for complete details about updates.

Installing and Using

It is assumed you already have a basic understanding of how to use TARGET scripts (how to compile and run them). Ask questions if you need help. The included PDF manual is very detailed on how to install and use the script.

I have not fully documented how the TCA Throttle is configured yet. It works the same as the Warthog for axis setup, and you use the TCA MODE switch to select the function of the left axis (like using the FLAPS switch to do the same on the Warthog). It is usually easiest to load your locomotive in TSW and try the levers and buttons to see what they control. Don't forget to flip the FLAPS switch (Warthog) or MODE switch (TCA Throttle) to see how the axis remap with different modes. If using a TCA Throttle to complement the Warthog or first TCA Throttle, the FLAPS or MODE switches will change the function of the second controller as well. Be sure the 1st TCA Throttle is set to ENG 1&2 (if used stand alone or with a Warthog) and the second TCA Throttle is set to ENG 3&4 (when used with a TCA throttle set to ENG 1&2).

Selecting a Locomotive Profile

To change to a different locomotive profile, press and hold the MSP button (Warthog) or Right Axis Red button (TCA Throttle), then press the LDGH/APENG buttons (Warthog) or Right/Left Black Buttons (TCA Throttle) to move to the next or previous profile. You can also use the THR_FC axis on the Warthog to more quickly cycle through profiles (move forward to increment profile, backward to decrement profile). Watch the TARGET Script Editor output window, listen to the beeps (if you installed the BEEP program), or look at the LEDs on the Warthog to see which locomotive is selected. When you release the MSP or Red button, the name of the selected profile will be spoken aloud as confirmation. If speech isn't working for you, or you get an error or virus warning, see the PDF documentation for notes on how to solve the problem or disable speech.

Supported Locomotives

• LIRR M7 EMU
    • MP15DC
    • MP36PH and Cab Car
    • GP9, GP38-2, SD40-2
    • GP40-2 (TSW)
    • EMD F40PH-2CAT (TSW)
    • EMD F40PH-2CAT CAB CAR (TSW)
    • Amtrak ACS-64
    • SD70ACe (TSW2)
    • Amtrak SW1000R (TSW)
    • GE AC4400CW
    • Amtrak ex-Metroliner Cab Car IVb (TSW)
    • BR Class 08
    • BR Class 09
    • BR Class 31
    • BR Class 33
    • BR Class 37
    • BR Class 40
    • BR Class 43 HST
    • BR Class 45
    • BR Class 47
    • BR Class 52
    • BR Class 66
    • BR Class 101
    • BR Class 166
    • DB BR 143
    • DB BR 155
    • DB BR 182
    • DB BR 406 ICE (TSW2)
    • DB BR 422 (TSW2) and 1442-1 Talent 2
    Support coming soon for the following locomotives:
    • 1972 MkII Tube Stock (Bakerloo Line)
    • F40PH-3C and Cab Car
    • LIRR M3
    • BR Class 377, Class 387 EMUs
    • BR Class 20
    • DB BR 363
    • DB BR 204
    • DB BR 425
    • DB BR 422
    Note once the above list is completed, all TSW locomotives and DLC will be supported as well as all locomotives in TSW2 from Rush Hour, and the 3 starter bundles Dovetail created recently (the UK Edition, US Edition, and German Edition Starter Bunders).

If your favorite locomotive is not supported, contact me and we can add support together. I am willing to work with people over Discord or Zoom, screen sharing and such to make this happen. I can't afford to buy all the DLC at full price, though, so the newest locomotives won't be done until they go on sale, or someone is able to work with me to add DLC I haven't purchased.

37. vas1lysk

vas1lysk New Member

Thank you very much. You are the best!!!

38. dan29496

dan29496 New Member

I'm currently getting an error stating "The requested URL /drop/TrainSimWorld/TSW_TARGET_Script_Drakoz_v4_1.zip was not found on this server." when trying to download the new version, and also any of the old versions.

39. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

dan29496 try again. Sorry about that. Akhara.com (the server I use for the downloads) is my own Linux server running off my home network, and it has been having hardware issues, crashing lately. Sometimes it doesn't get rebooted for a couple hours.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  40. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

Version 4.2

This is just a quick update with some added locomotives. If you are new to this script, see post #86 above or the included PDF user manual for details about using the script.

Download here - v4.2
    http://akhara.com/drop/TrainSimWorld/TSW_TARGET_Script_Drakoz_v4_2.zip

If the download link doesn't work (says server not responding), please try again later. Sorry my server is having hardware issues and crashes sometimes.

Make sure you are using the latest version of TARGET in order to use these scripts.
    Latest version of TARGET (at the time of this post) is: v3.0.20.826

Please leave a comment or Like if you are using this. The feedback is much appreciated.

What's new...
    • Added following locomotives
      • BR Class 377 and 387 (uses same profile)
      • London Underground 1972 MkII Tube Stock
    • TSW2: Synced changes from Warthog script to TCA Airbus script (a few updates from the Warthog script did not get added to the TCA Airbus script in the previous update).
    • TSW2: DB BR 143 - can use Warthog APU switch to insert/remove reverser now.

41. JPS

JPS Member

I just got back from nearly 2 months in South-Africa, so haven't been around much. Just wanted to say thanks for the updates, very much appreciated !

EDIT: Uhm, oops...?: Runtime Error: Symbol not found: A320Pilot in main ( line 97 in Drakoz_TrainSimWorld2_Warthog.tmc )

42. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

JPS, you probably don't have the latest version of TARGET installed. The newest version of TARGET supports the TCA Airbus Joystick and Throttle, which uses the names &A320Pilot, &TCAQuadrant12, and &TCAQuadrant34. Any line that uses these names will fail.

I added the TCA Airbus Throttle (&TCAQuadrant12) to almost all the locomotive profiles to complement the Warthog, giving 2 extra levers. You don't need a TCA Throttle or Joystick attached to use my new TARGET script, but you will need to install the latest version of TARGET in order to make the errors go away and allow the script to compile.

I added a comment about this in my post above to hopefully avoid confusion for others.

43. JPS

JPS Member

That's probably it. As stated, just got back, saw update, was eager to try it and didn't really read :(
    Yesterday I just used the old 3.1, I'll update TARGET tonight. Thanks!

44. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

Version 4.3

Added a bunch of locomotives and fixed some bugs.

Download here - v4.3
    http://akhara.com/drop/TrainSimWorld/TSW_TARGET_Script_Drakoz_v4_3.zip

If the download link doesn't work (says server not responding), please try again later. Sorry my server is having hardware issues and crashes sometimes.

Make sure you are using the latest version of TARGET in order to use these scripts.

What's new...
    • Added following locomotives:
      • LIRR M3 locomotive (TSW/TSW2)
      • BR Class 377 for TSW (already added to TSW2)
      • BR Class 375 (TSW2). Uses same profile as BR 377, BR387
      • Clinchfield SD40-2 locomotive
      • Clinchfield F7A locomotive
      • BR Class 313 locomotive
    • DB BR 143 - Fix independent (direct) & automatic (train) brakes due to recent update to TSW2
    • Fixed throttle on a couple locos
      • MP15DC - fixed throttle (TSW/TSW2)
      • SW1000R - fixed throttle (TSW)
    • Fixed Automatic brake on SW1000R (TSW) - was using zone method, should be using notch method.
    • DB BR 146 (TSW2) - added ability to insert/remove the reverser using Wathog APU Start/Off switch
    • DB BR 766/767 (TSW2) - reverser key press time was too short
    • DB BR 442/1442
      • Added Master Key on/off - note this is a 4 position switch. Only key on/off supported.
      • Fixed issue with brake/throttle coming up short (less and less max brake) with multiple applications of Max Brake.
    • F40PH & F40PH Cab Car - changed automatic brake to notch method, gave lever better notch to notch intervals

Installing and Using

It is assumed you already have a basic understanding of how to use TARGET scripts (how to compile and run them). Ask questions if you need help. The included PDF manual is very detailed on how to install and use the scripts.

I have not fully documented how the TCA Throttle is configured yet. It works the same as the Warthog for axis setup, and you use the TCA MODE switch to select the function of the left axis (like using the FLAPS switch to do the same on the Warthog). It is usually easiest to load your locomotive in TSW and try the levers and buttons to see what they control. Don't forget to flip the FLAPS switch (Warthog) or MODE switch (TCA Throttle) to see how the axes remap with different modes.

If using a TCA Throttle to complement the Warthog or two TCA Throttles together, the FLAPS or MODE switches will change the function of the second controller as well. Be sure the 1st TCA Throttle is set to ENG 1&2 (if used stand alone or with a Warthog) and the second TCA Throttle is set to ENG 3&4 (when used with a TCA throttle set to ENG 1&2).

Selecting a Locomotive Profile

To change to a different locomotive profile, press and hold the MSP button (Warthog) or Right Axis Red button (TCA Throttle), then press the LDGH/APENG buttons (Warthog) or Right/Left Black Buttons (TCA Throttle) to move to the next or previous profile. You can also use the THR_FC axis on the Warthog to more quickly cycle through profiles (move forward to increment profile, backward to decrement profile). Watch the TARGET Script Editor output window, listen to the beeps (if you installed the BEEP program), or look at the LEDs on the Warthog to see which locomotive is selected. When you release the MSP or Red button, the name of the selected profile will be spoken aloud as confirmation. If speech isn't working for you, or you get an error or virus warning, see the PDF documentation for notes on how to solve the problem or disable speech.

Supported Locomotives
    • LIRR M3 and M7 EMU
    • F7A
    • MP15DC
    • MP36PH and Cab Car
    • GP9, GP38-2, SD40-2, GP40-2
    • EMD F40PH-2CAT and CabCar
    • Amtrak ACS-64
    • SD70ACe
    • Amtrak SW1000R
    • GE AC4400CW
    • Amtrak ex-Metroliner Cab Car IVb
    • BR Class 08
    • BR Class 09
    • BR Class 31
    • BR Class 33
    • BR Class 37
    • BR Class 40
    • BR Class 43 HST
    • BR Class 45
    • BR Class 47
    • BR Class 52
    • BR Class 66
    • BR Class 101
    • BR Class 166
    • BR Class 313
    • BR Class 375/377/387
    • 1972 MKII Tube Stock - London Underground
    • DB BR 143
    • DB BR 155
    • DB BR 182
    • DB BR 406 ICE
    • DB BR 422 and 1442-1 Talent 2
    Support coming for the following locomotives:
    Comment which one you want done first and I'll probably get it done sooner.
    • DB BR 363
    • DB BR 204
    • BR Class 20
    • DB BR 422 EMU
    • DB BR 425 EMU
    • BR Class 395
    • BR Class 465
    • F40PH-3C and Cab Car
    Note once the above list is completed, all TSW locomotives and DLC will be supported as well as all locomotives in TSW2 from Rush Hour, and the 3 starter bundles Dovetail created recently (the UK Edition, US Edition, and German Edition Starter Bunders), plus a few newer ones I bought recently.

If your favorite locomotive is not supported and not in the "Support coming" list, contact me and we can add support together. I am willing to work with people over Discord or Zoom, screen sharing and such to make this happen. I can't afford to buy all the DLC at full price, though, so the newest locomotives won't be done until they go on sale, or someone is able to work with me to add DLC I haven't purchased.

45. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

Version 4.3.1

Typo in the TSW2 Warthog script prevented it from compiling. Sorry, finished all my testing, but accidentally typed a / in a bad place in the script and saved it without realizing.

Download here - v4.3.1
    http://akhara.com/drop/TrainSimWorld/TSW_TARGET_Script_Drakoz_v4_3_1.zip

Review comments from the previous post for further details about this update, installation, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  46. JPS

JPS Member

F40PH3
    BR Class 20
    BR 363
    BR 204

Don't care much about electric :|

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  47. Aldarion

Aldarion Member

I've bought the Captain Pack and MSFS 2020 two weeks ago. oh boy, oh boy, oh boy... I'm going to try this this weekend! :love::D

48. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

When using the TCA Airbus Throttle, a few things that I may not have made clear...

Disable the detents on the left/right axes. To do this, remove (unscrew) the plastic detent part from the underside of the left and right axes, flip it and put it back in. This gives a smooth non-detent motion for the axes. The detents on the TCA Airbus throttle will not match up with the detents or notches on TSW locomotive levers, so there is no point in trying to use them.

Make sure the 1st TCA Throttle is set to ENG 1&2 (set the ENG switch on the front to 1&2). This is true if using the TCA Throttle with a Warthog or stand alone. If using two TCA Airbus Throttles, make sure the first is set to ENG 1&2 and the 2nd TCA Throttle is set to ENG 3&4.

When using a single TCA Airbus Throttle (not with a Warthog), you must use the MODE switch to change between the 3 different types of brakes for most locomotives.

If using 2 TCA Throttles, set the MODE switch on the 1st Throttle to NORM. This will set up the default mapping of the locomotive brake levers. You can try the MODE switch at CRANK and IGN/START. It will just switch around what lever controls what loco brake. Try it and see which configuration you prefer.

For both TCA Airbus Throttles, the script is intended to work with the Reverser levers enabled. This means you have to pull up the reverser lever to move the axis fully backward. The TARGET script will use this action for Bail Off or Brake Release positions on some brake levers, or other locomotive levers that have a "latched" off or sprung off position.

The TCA Airbus Add-On pack, which includes the SPEED BRAKE and FLAPS levers, is not supported. I'll post a 2nd message below to explain how to add them, but since I don't have this add-on, I can't test it.

49. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

Aldarion, thanks for letting me know. You may be the first person trying it with the TCA Airbus Add-On (FLAPS and SPEED BRAKE axes). Here are some details you may want to know.

The TCA Airbus version of the script was written to support 2 TCA Airbus throttles (or just one TCA Throttle using the MODE switch to share the 3 brake levers on the left axis). I didn't add support for the Brake and Flaps levers from the TCA Airbus Add-on. But I have the Add-on on back-order. When it arrives, I'll try it out to see how well they work.

If you want to modify the current script to use your Brake and Flaps levers in place of the second TCA Airbus throttle, make the following changes to the script. Also, don't forget to flip the plastic detent part for each axis as the detents won't line up with any locomotives in TSW.

The downside of using the FLAPS and SPEED BRAKE add-on is it does not have the reverser action like on the TCA Airbus Throttle Quadrants. So you can't do bail off or sprung release settings on certain brakes if those brakes are assigned to the FLAPS or SPEED BRAKE. If the details below make enough sense, you'll see how you can fix this to suit your tastes.

Edit the TCA Airbus .tmc file (e.g. Drakoz_TrainSimWorld2_TCA_Airbus.tmc for TSW2) and look for the profile for the locomotive you want to edit. You can edit the file in the TARGET Script editor, or you can make the edits in any common text editor like Notepad, Notepad++.

For example, I'll do the GP38 for Sand Patch Grade in my example below. The profile for the GP38 Sand Patch locomotive is pro_ConfigureGP38SP(). Here is the code for that profile:
    Code:
    //************************************************************************************************************************************
    //************************************************************************************************************************************
    // pro_ConfigureGP38SP()
    //    Custom configuration for GP38-2 - Sand Patch Grade and NEC NY
    int pro_ConfigureGP38SP()
    {
        printf("Profile %d: pro_GP38SP\x9 GP38-2 - Sand Patch and NEC NY\xa", pro_GP38SP);
        &pro_ProfileName = "GP 38 for Sand Patch and N E C New York";    // Set profile name to be spoken using Speak()

// Right ENG Switch
        MapKeyIO (&TCAQuadrant12, QT_BTN4, 0, CHAIN(DOWN+L_CTL, D(100), DOWN+'x'));        // Lead Axle Sander on
        MapKeyRIO(&TCAQuadrant12, QT_BTN4, 0, CHAIN(UP+'x', D(100), UP+L_CTL));            // Lead Axle Sander off

// TCA Throttle QT_RIGHT axis config - engine throttle
        KeyAxis(&TCAQuadrant12, QT_RIGHT, 'o', AXMAPEXEC("KeyAxisDirNotch(&TCAQuadrant12, QT_RIGHT, &pro_GP38SP_ThrNotchList, &pro_GP38SP_ThrActionUP, &pro_GP38SP_ThrActionDN, AXIS_REVERSED, 30, 100);"));
        // TCA Throttle QT_LEFT axis config using UMD Switch - U=dynamic brake, M=automatic brake, D=indepedent brake
        KeyAxis(&TCAQuadrant12, QT_LEFT, 'u', AXMAPEXEC("KeyAxisDirZone(&TCAQuadrant12, QT_LEFT, &pro_GP38SP_DynZoneList, &pro_GP38SP_DynActionUP, &pro_GP38SP_DynActionDN, AXIS_REVERSED, 30, 100);"));
        KeyAxis(&TCAQuadrant12, QT_LEFT, 'm', AXMAPEXEC("KeyAxisDirNotch(&TCAQuadrant12, QT_LEFT, &pro_GP38SP_AutoNotchList, &pro_GP38SP_AutoActionUP, &pro_GP38SP_AutoActionDN, AXIS_REVERSED, 30, 100);"));
        KeyAxis(&TCAQuadrant12, QT_LEFT, 'd', AXMAPEXEC("KeyAxisDirZone(&TCAQuadrant12, QT_LEFT, &pro_GP38SP_IndZoneList, &pro_GP38SP_IndActionUP, &pro_GP38SP_IndActionDN, AXIS_REVERSED, 30, 100);"));

// TWCS Throttle axis config - dynamic brake - (M and D mode only)
        KeyAxis(&TWCSThrottle, TTHR, 'md', AXMAPEXEC("KeyAxisDirZone(&TWCSThrottle, TTHR, &pro_GP38SP_DynZoneList, &pro_GP38SP_DynActionUP, &pro_GP38SP_DynActionDN, AXIS_REVERSED);"));
        KeyAxis(&TWCSThrottle, TTHR, 'u', 0);

// TCA Throttle Quadrant QT_RIGHT axis config - automatic brake - (U and D mode only)
        KeyAxis(&TCAQuadrant34, QT_RIGHT, 'ud', AXMAPEXEC("KeyAxisDirNotch(&TCAQuadrant34, QT_RIGHT, &pro_GP38SP_AutoNotchList, &pro_GP38SP_AutoActionUP, &pro_GP38SP_AutoActionDN, AXIS_REVERSED, 30, 100);"));
        KeyAxis(&TCAQuadrant34, QT_RIGHT, 'm', 0);
        // TCA Throttle Quadrant QT_LEFT axis config - indepedent brake - (U and M mode only)
        KeyAxis(&TCAQuadrant34, QT_LEFT, 'um', AXMAPEXEC("KeyAxisDirZone(&TCAQuadrant34, QT_LEFT, &pro_GP38SP_IndZoneList, &pro_GP38SP_IndActionUP, &pro_GP38SP_IndActionDN, AXIS_REVERSED, 30, 100);"));
        KeyAxis(&TCAQuadrant34, QT_LEFT, 'd', 0);

}
    Just before the last }, add the following lines.
    Code:
        // TCA Throttle Quadrant QF_FLAP axis config - automatic brake - (U and D mode only)
        KeyAxis(&TCAQuadrant12, QF_FLAP, 'ud', AXMAPEXEC("KeyAxisDirNotch(&TCAQuadrant12, QF_FLAP, &pro_GP38SP_AutoNotchList, &pro_GP38SP_AutoActionUP, &pro_GP38SP_AutoActionDN, AXIS_REVERSED);"));
        KeyAxis(&TCAQuadrant12, QF_FLAP, 'm', 0);
        // TCA Throttle Quadrant QS_SPEED axis config - indepedent brake - (U and M mode only)
        KeyAxis(&TCAQuadrant12, QS_SPEED, 'um', AXMAPEXEC("KeyAxisDirZone(&TCAQuadrant12, QS_SPEED, &pro_GP38SP_IndZoneList, &pro_GP38SP_IndActionUP, &pro_GP38SP_IndActionDN, AXIS_REVERSED);"));
        KeyAxis(&TCAQuadrant12, QS_SPEED, 'd', 0);

This will enable use of the Speed Brake axis as the independent brake, and the Flaps axis as the Automatic brake (when the MODE switch is set to NORM).

To create these extra lines of code for the BRAKE and FLAPS axis, I just duplicated the previous few lines and made a few simple edits. You can do the same for other locomotive profiles. The difference are:

I changed &TCAQuadrant34 to &TCAQuadrant12 in 6 places
    changed QT_RIGHT to QF_FLAP in 3 places
    changed QT_LEFT to QS_SPEED in 3 places
    removed the ", 30, 100" at the end of the 2 KeyAxis lines. Make sure to remove exactly ", 30, 100" and nothing else. Get a , or ) wrong and it won't work.

If you are curious what this means...

&TCAQuadrant12 refers to the TCA Airbus Throttle when the "ENG 1&2/3&4" switch on the front is set to 1&2.
    &TCAQuadrant34 refers to the Throttle when the switch set to 3&4.
    QT_RIGHT refers to the right axis on the Throttle
    QT_LEFT refers to the left axis on the Throttle.
    QF_FLAP refers to the FLAPS axis.
    QS_SPEED refers to the SPEED BRAKE axis.

Since the QF_FLAP and QS_SPEED axes are attached to the 1st Throttle (ENG switch set to 1&2), we refer to the FLAPS axis with &TCAQuadrant12/QF_FLAP, and the SPEED BRAKE axis as &TCAQuadrant12/QS_SPEED. So we use the following commands:

KeyAxis(&TCAQuadrant12, QF_FLAP.....);
    KeyAxis(&TCAQuadrant12, QS_SPEED.....);

Additionally, the KeyAxisDirNotch() or KeyAxisDirZone() commands also need to refer to &TCAQuadrant12 and QF_FLAP or QF_SPEED as shown in my example code above.

Finally, the ",30, 100" at the end of the line is needed because we are using the TCA Airbus Throttle with the Reverser levers enabled. The reverser setting uses the lower 30% of the axis travel, and the 30, 100 tells the script to use the upper 70% (30-100%) travel for normal lever operation. But the FLAPS and SPEED BRAKE axes do not have the reverser setting, so we need to remove the 30,100 to enable the full 100% of travel to work.

My example assumes the FLAPS and SPEED BRAKE axes are connected to the 1st TCA Airbus Throttle (set to 1&2). Hence, we must use &TCAQuadrant12. If either the FLAPS or SPEED BRAKE axes are connected to the 2nd TCA Airbus Throttle (set to 3&4), you would want to use &TCAQuadrant34 for that lever only.

I hope this makes sense, but if not, just ask for help. Or tell me a couple locomotives you want modified, and I'll give you the exact code for those locomotives. It is a lot of work to add support for the FLAPS and SPEED BRAKE levers for all locomotives, so I am not planning to do that (or at least not right now). Maybe after I receive my Add-On pack, I'll see what makes sense.

50. Aldarion

Aldarion Member

Thanks.
    I'm certainly going to try it. I think I can handle it in TARGET.

I'll try to make it run on NTP and TVL loco's. I'll start with the 40's from NTP BR Heavy Freight