Chiltern Mainline From Steam Missing 2 Scenarios

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ian Evans, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Ian Evans

Ian Evans New Member

Hi, this is my first post so hello to you all.
    I have brought the Chiltern mainline from Steam and i am missing the 2 Oxford scenarios, i have uninstalled the route and reinstalled it and they are still missing? has anyone got any ideas why this is happening
    thank you

• Like Like x 1
  2. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

It looks like those 2 scenarios use the Class 166 FGW (Steam) and I can only find that DLC in
    Train Simulator: Great Western Main Line Route Add-On includes Class 166 DMU in First Great Western livery (two versions) and Network Southeast livery. Could that be the issue?

3. Ian Evans

Ian Evans New Member

Hi and thank you for the reply
    i have got all the extra DLC that it informs you that you must have on steam, yes i did look at the class 166 and according to the in game downloads list i also have the Class 166?

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Have a look in Build > Scenarios - pick the Just Trains Chiltern Mainline then see if the scenario exists.
    If so Edit the scenario and see what you get

5. Ian Evans

Ian Evans New Member

ive just looked and the 2 missing scenarios are missing from there also? is threre anyway i can find out if they was actually downloaded into my PC from steam and are just not showing in game for some reason?
    thank you

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Every scenario sits in the Scenario Folder of the route it belongs to.
    If it is not in Chiltern Mainline than you don't have them.

Whilst the game is not running - Go in to your Steam Client > Library
    Right Click on Train Simulator > Properties and pick DLC
    A new window opens search for Chiltern Mainline then Untick the route - wait about 10 secs then retick the route
    It will download a fresh copy of the route

Start TS2022 and see if you have the scenarios
    If you don't then you need to raise a ticket with DTG
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/reporting-a-technical-issue.31193/

Peter

7. Ian Evans

Ian Evans New Member

thank you for your help, it didnt work so i have raised a ticket
    Ian

8. darujhistan

darujhistan Member

If you look at the manual you will find that there are now only five scenarios instead of seven, two of the Oxford ones are missing, have got deleted.

I assume Just Trains (the developer) deleted those two scenarios at some point for a reason, but it seems Dovetail Games/Steam have not updated the overview/features information page to coincide, which is very misleading, or Just Trains have not informed DTG of the changes.

As normal, it's always best to buy 3rd party products from the original developer if possible, and not from DTG or steam.

9. Ian Evans

Ian Evans New Member

Hi
    thanks for the infomation, i was thinking it was me not having the correct DLC or something like that?

10. Ian Evans

Ian Evans New Member

i did tell DTG that i have got ALL the DLC to run the scenarios but this is the reply i got? i have sent a reply so will now have to wait another week

Hi Ian,

Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to your ticket. We are currently experiencing extremely high demand for support right now, and we hope you can forgive the amount of time it has taken to get to your ticket.

Thank you for contacting us about an issue you are experiencing with the Chiltern Main Line: London - Birmingham Route Add-On for Train Simulator.

Please note that you must own the below add-ons in order to play the content featured in this add-on. These add-ons are available for purchase separately.

ScotRail Class 68 Loco Add-on (https://store.steampowered.com/app/376930/Train_Simulator_ScotRail_Class_68_Loco_Addon/)
    BR Class 170 ‘Turbostar’ DMU Add-On (https://store.steampowered.com/app/208364/Train_Simulator_BR_Class_170_Turbostar_DMU_AddOn/)
    BR Standard Class 7 ‘Britannia Class’ Steam Loco Add-On (https://store.steampowered.com/app/500249/Train_Simulator_BR_Standard_Class_7_Britannia_Class_Steam_Loco_AddOn/)

This information is available on the Chiltern Main Line: London - Birmingham Route Add-On product store page (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1230270/Train_Simulator_Chiltern_Main_Line_London__Birmingham_Route_AddOn/).

Please make sure that you read the full description, so that you can make an informed purchase. Not reading the description may result in a situation where you are unable to use the sscenario included with your add-on unless an additional purchase is made.

Kind Regards,

Chris
    Customer Support Advisor
    Dovetail Games Customer Support

11. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

DTG routes come with all the trains, while JT ones (even sold for TS on Steam) might have extra dependencies.