Granger Heartland--kansas City To Topeka--scenario...dead End ??

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by christianbuettner.1, Dec 3, 2019.

1. christianbuettner.1

christianbuettner.1 New Member

Hi, new here and posting only one little bug: Using that new DTG-Track (==>look up) all runs well until
    scenario(GP40-2) 4. Industry Standard Pt.2
    After bringing freightcars 3rd.time to position and driving back again to Miller..XX---no way !
    Junctions doe'nt switch back to ahead-line and train derailes.
    Is anx FIX or update needed ?

2. treid09

treid09 Guest

I've had a similar problem before on a different route. I would try to run the scenario again, and if it still does not work, I would try to edit the scenario so that the junction switches properly. Good luck and God bless

3. christianbuettner.1

Jep...thanks!..I saved it shortly before that action---and again: No way. I'm not so firm using TS-Editor but is there a way
    to fix it by RW-Tools?

4. treid09

treid09 Guest

That's a good question, afraid I can't help you there. I have no experience whatsoever with RW- tools, so I have no idea what it can do. I would do some asking on RW America if nobody else here can help you and perhaps open a ticket with Dovetail Support. God bless

5. christianbuettner.1

O.k, I'll ask DTG directly about any resons.:)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Double check the objectives, I'm currently having trouble with this scenario as well, as the couple cars at Miller 3 objective wont complete, so I cant move onto the next stop, no matter what I do. (Saved multiple times, decoupled and recoupled, restarted)

7. mastereve

mastereve New Member

2021 and the scenario is still bugged. I managed to get the engines in the final position, I get all objectives ticks and in the summary screen I get 0 score.

8. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

still fails at updating task 3 coupling at miller 3 coupling work fine it just does not update the task

9. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Hmm. Indeed strange. Looking at it in the editor everything seems to be alright. Playing it, I found you have to be very very slow when coupling up to the consist to have the coupling recognized. If you already coupled up too fast you have to restart, as recoupling won't be acknowledged.

This made me suspicious. I found the problem with this is that there is absolutely no coupler slack and damping. See here:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <cBlueprintLoader xmlns:d="http://www.kuju.com/TnT/2003/Delta" d:version="1.0">
    <Blueprint>
    <cCouplingTypeBlueprint>
    <UncoupledGeometry d:type="cDeltaString">DTG\KansasCityTopeka\RailVehicles\Couplings\Buckeye\Type-E\[00]buckeye_type-e_uncoupled</UncoupledGeometry>
    <Bogey d:type="cDeltaString"></Bogey>
    <Strength d:type="sFloat32" d:alt_encoding="0000000000C06240" d:precision="string">150</Strength>
    <CouplingConnection>
    <cCouplingConnectionBlueprint d:id="889818">
    <Type d:type="cDeltaString">buckeye</Type>
    <CoupledGeometry d:type="cDeltaString">DTG\KansasCityTopeka\RailVehicles\Couplings\Buckeye\Type-E\[00]buckeye_type-e_coupled</CoupledGeometry>
    <ReceivingGeometry d:type="cDeltaString"></ReceivingGeometry>
    <PivotType d:type="cDeltaString">eMidPoint</PivotType>
    <MinDistance d:type="sFloat32" d:alt_encoding="0000000000000000" d:precision="string">0</MinDistance>

<MaxDistance d:type="sFloat32" d:alt_encoding="0000000000000000" d:precision="string">0</MaxDistance>
    <TargetDistance d:type="sFloat32" d:alt_encoding="0000000000000000" d:precision="string">0</TargetDistance>
    <SpringCoefficient d:type="sFloat32" d:alt_encoding="0000000000000000" d:precision="string">0</SpringCoefficient>
    <Damping d:type="sFloat32" d:alt_encoding="0000000000000000" d:precision="string">0</Damping>

<MaxForce d:type="sFloat32" d:alt_encoding="00000000280F4641" d:precision="string">2.89134e+006</MaxForce>
    <ManualCoupling d:type="bool">0</ManualCoupling>
    </cCouplingConnectionBlueprint>
    </CouplingConnection>
    </cCouplingTypeBlueprint>
    </Blueprint>
    </cBlueprintLoader>

Hello DTG?!? Do you know how trains are made up and how they work? This half empty blueprint is a shame. This coupler is a STANDARD asset for years now! Do you start from scratch every time?

Sorry, but stuff like this makes me really angry as like with brakes, you should have standard parameters etched in stone somewhere in your office...

Now, changing MaxDistance to 0.1, TargetDistance to 0.05, SpringCoefficient to 15000 and Damping to 12000, fixes the coupling-not-registered error. I took those values from High Iron Simulations' CSX Hanover buckeye coupler. Now you can ram into the consist with 3mph :)

However why this scenario won't give 1000 points is on DTG's side. I played it and at the end I had 1000 points and all checkmarks. Then in the debriefing, zero and no checkmark.

Edit: There is also no Global/Top Rankings available for this scenario. I take it there is an error in DTG's official career scenarios database, it just doesn't exist. Maybe messed up GUIDs or MD5s?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

I've uploaded the fix for the couplers here. Install the .rwp with Utilities.exe or your preferred method. It won't overwrite anything in the original files (unless you unwisely unpacked your .ap files)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. hayward.john48

hayward.john48 Well-Known Member

Thank you for your support to the community

• Like Like x 1
  12. trainnick77

trainnick77 Member

I have submitted support tickets for the broken scenarios and was basically told they know about it but are not going to do anything about it.
    I replied that I found this reply unacceptable and asked to speak to someone more senior at DTG, and was told they would be too busy.
    Does anyone else think this is an unacceptable level of customer service?
    If someone from DTG reads this, I would love to hear your reply

• Like Like x 1
  13. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I look at a route and it may have one of two different types of problems - the route or scenarios
    With a Route problem - Track - Signals - Electrics then if it makes the route unplayable I would be complain to DTG
    If the route has number of scenarios and just one is broken I would look for a fix - like torfmeister has provided - or just ignore it.

Yes, in a perfect world everything should work as advertised - but it does not.
    If you are not happy you should contact DTG asking for a refund.

14. trainnick77

trainnick77 Member

749006, the problem i have is DTG have released numerous routes with broken scenarios, they know about the broken scenarios and hence unobtainable achievements, but will not do anything about it.

I don't think gaining a refund will be possible, as it sometimes takes me a week or more to drive all the scenarios, i believe you need to ask for a refund in the first two hours

on many of the broken scenarios, there are community fixes out there, but these have involved cloning the scenario, so the achievement is unavailable.

surely DTG can correct them themselves if the community can

15. sphexi

sphexi Active Member

Trainnick77, I agree nobody likes this lack of customer service in this area. They should have someone available who is able fix routes, scenarios, etc and push the updates to steam. However, DTG have shown that these kinds of updates have not been prioritized or that they do not have the personnel to be able to prioritize them. The reality is if you have 10 jobs to do and only enough personnel to do 9 of them...the lowest priority job isn't going to get done (at least for now). We can say that they should hire an extra person to do that job, but unfortunately no one on here is privy to DTG's finances/management strategy/etc.

Happily, we have some who are willing to dig into these things and find a workaround (not saying it is the best solution) but it is still an "unofficial fix". On this forum, RWA, and I'm sure others people provide fixes when they find them and make them available to the community. And I think we have to appreciate that while at the same time calling for better official support from DTG on the subject of route/scenario patches. Having said all this, the times I have reached out to DTG support, they have been pleasant and have helped quickly and efficiently. Unfortunately, customer support can't give us things that the development or QA teams aren't prioritized to do :(

As an aside, and I know everyone has there own play style so I don't want to tell you how to enjoy TS, for me achievements don't really matter because I enjoy the game. I find a well design Standard scenario just as good as a Career scenario. In fact some people play Career scenarios with the scoring system off, or automatically convert Career scenarios to Standard before playing them. I don't like bugged scenarios though :mad: and am happy for a solution no matter where it comes from :cool:.

• Like Like x 1
  16. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

There are no doubt many here who would be delighted to fix things for free for DTG, just to get the ever increasing list of glitches sorted!

17. hayward.john48

hayward.john48 Well-Known Member

In some ways we have to be a little grateful that DTG even bother with TS20xx as at one time it looked as if all the effort would go into the graphically better but less playable TSW and if we are honest if TSW was more playable AND had a decent editor so would our efforts But it is not and thank God for the community that keeps TS20xx going, even if we have to fix our problems. (That is one of the longest sentences I have ever written but I couldn't find a suitable break point - a bit like some scenarios).

• Like Like x 2