Ts22 - Bnsf Routes Releasing Worldwide

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Dec 8, 2021.

?
  1. Marias Pass

157 vote(s)
    56.5%
  2. Stevens Pass

81 vote(s)
    29.1%
  3. Tehachapi Pass

40 vote(s)
    14.4%
  1. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

The update still has to filter to everyone via the Steam updating system.

2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware that DTG actually got the other routes done, so as torfmeister suggest restarting steam and now I am happy for now. Like you patiently waiting for everything to drop.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michael Newbury

I am guessing at this point after following Rob's instructions I will have to wait until at least tomorrow before I see the branding on Arizona and Montana appear.

4. Michael Newbury

I have Fort Kent and looked at it today and found it empty I remember there being stuff in it. What happened to cause it to be empty.

5. Cyclone

I have the U.S. version, so I'm good. :D

6. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

It has standard and free roam scenarios, requiring the US and EU assets. It's from 2010 :)
    It is linked with a few old DLC but those aren't referenced.
    For some reason it was marked as banned from the screenshot contest. Can't be workshop...

7. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Can you specify that? Was there more rolling stock placed in the scenarios / AI traffic?

If yes, maybe they removed some of that. The US asset pack has some really old locos, and (correct me if I'm wrong) only the Union Pacific SD40's and the two UP ES44's are TSX-ready, meaning raindrops and light casting headlights. Maybe they removed stuff from the scenarios for that reason...
    I'll check if there's some old 240p Youtube videos of Kent.

Just found one from 2013, the potato run scenario. Instead of the UP SD40 the CN SD40 is used. I checked that loco it has no TSX effects, maybe therefore they swapped it for the more advanced UP SD40.

Or there might have been a licensing issue at that time, because upgrading the CN SD40 to TSX will probably take me less than an hour using Serz.exe and Notepad++, copying the lights and window textures from the UP and inserting headlight matrix to engine's bin.

So in the end it's all there. The stuff was taken away from the scenarios but not from the asset packs.
    (CN SD40-2 is found in RSC\SD40CnPack01 which is part of the Fort Kent package)

22.png

The first thing I did was to edit the cab camera's position. In the blueprint I see no driver's seat shake/sway coeffs, which are present in the UP SD40 (the new stuff at that time! :D)

Does anybody have the original scenarios? Is there more diffs than the player's loco?

I'm enjoying restoring old stuff, have recreated some legacy scenarios from Hedborough and Castle Rock using multiple Youtube videos...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

hmm, never noticed that Cajon Pass wasn't available yet, well, it could come in the future.
    As for Portland Terminal and Bessemer Lake Erie, they won't return as both has been withdrawn.

Portland Terminal I thought was withdrawn because of bugs in the route, but the same route has been release as freeware, just download it here: http://railworksamerica.com/index.p...ime-switching-route&catid=20:route-collection

Bessemer Lake Erie was because indeed of the licensing, but there were plans to release it 'unbranded', but the route builders had finished the work but was forever in the DTG cue (from that I remember to read in the topic here on the forums, couldn't find it for now) and they decided to just withdraw it.
    It also has been released as freeware on Railworks America: http://railworksamerica.com/index.p...:pennsylvania-steam&catid=20:route-collection

9. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Yes, I found them to be released as freeware not really a problem, Cyclone... ?!? But you can of course donate a few bucks. Or buy Lakeside and Cascadian to support Michael Stephan & friends.

10. hayward.john48

hayward.john48 Well-Known Member

I don't recall this. The only stock I have had with Fort Kent was the standard UP SD40 and US asset rolling stock not that I use it as I've swapped it out for Bangor & Aroostock which is appropriate for the 1980s period. Canadian Pacific now own the route.
    (as an aside - I'm in the process of adding 20 miles North from Fort Kent to Madawaska to add Paper Mill traffic to the route.)

• Like Like x 1
  11. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

But Michael Newbury recalls it differently. And as the video shows, it has changed.

Looking forward to your work, you'll publish that on RWA?

12. hayward.john48

I would point out that RWA is funded by the site owner with no advertising and no subscriptions. Donations are always welcome (and needed) the huge library is of great value to any TS simmer wanting to operate North American routes.

13. hayward.john48

If I can work out how not to infringe on Rich Garber copyrights.

14. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

rgarber_at_vnet.net

15. hayward.john48

Thanks, but from previous advice he has made it clear that he does not want his work dabbled with so I am extending, not dabbling. I am not changing any of his work. I have found that I can identify the tiles so when I have done I can issue the route add on as a “ drop into the existing”.

16. Cyclone

And that's exactly why they would still not be eligible for screenshot contests. They can't put a route or train for purchase on the screenshot. I have downloaded both myself, obviously, just not installed yet as they are not near being on my play schedule.
    You did not mention CN stock bundled with it. The same stock comes with Ohio Steel 2, and a NS GP40 High Nose also shows up with the CN locos in the latter. So Ohio Steel 2 is a better acquisition method, by that logic, though the route covers industrial operations (30 scenarios included). Both asset packs are also included. So yeah...makes the standalone packs look a bit comical, doesn't it?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
  17. hayward.john48

Simply because it wasn’t and it wasn’t in Ohio Steel 2 either nor was the NS GP40. It might be now but not when I bought it. I repeat it contained only the default rolling stock ( including a black SD40) and the UP SD40. I actually thought that it was UP territory until I looked on maps.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Michael Newbury

I know there were standard scenario's, that is why I was asking because I used to have the scenario's but they now seem to be gone. Not sure how they would have just disappeared like that.

19. Michael Newbury

Yes from what I remember it was only UP locos on the route, but now there is nothing in the standard tab for Fort Kent. Not sure how things can just disappear like that.

20. Cyclone

I might suggest contacting DTG and noting you own these items, and you do not have the rolling stock. Check for ownership of 24051, 24053, 24054, and 208354 from this list in your DLC. Include your app manifest. https://steamdb.info/sub/13229/apps/

Note that 24053 and 24054 also came in the Canadian National Pack. App 24074 is the scenarios that came with the pack. So if you have Railworks CN Scenario Pack01, you have the CN trains anyway.

21. hayward.john48

Thank you for this information, it appears that I do have both the CN SD40 and CN ES44 packs and was completely unaware of it. I do not recall them even being mentioned in the sales info for either Ohio Steel 2 or Fort Kent of both which I bought a long time ago, Rich Garner was still around then.

22. sphexi

sphexi Active Member

I still have 20 standard scenarios under "Fort Kent Subdivision" as of this morning...

23. Cyclone

Exactly. They change the package and update things for those missing the new assets. This is why Sherman Hill buyers in 2014 now have the SD60M and the Gas Turbine. It's why owners of Woodhead now own the old DT Mk1 coaches (an AP-exclusive NSE exists, not in the DT package, so that's still missing for scenarios). And it's thus why Ohio Steel and Fort Kent also both get the CN trains, and the NS SD40 High Nose in the case of Ohio Steel 2.

I wish the old DT Mk2e coaches appeared somewhere else as well. It's heavily used in UKTS content. Swappable, yes, but if used in a lot of scenarios, it's a pain in the butt.

24. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Thank you.
    Screenshot_20220222-115037_Chrome.jpg

25. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

That's because of the legacy ScenarioProperties.xml structure which has no information on the player's loco which is needed for a scenario to appear in the filtered list. I've posted a thread on that topic.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...might-have-scenarios-you-didnt-know-of.49202/

You will see them by going to Drive>Standard and NOT clicking the route/loco filters, instead scroll down the list to find them.
    2022-02-22 21_41_39-Train Simulator (x64).png

• Like Like x 2
  26. Michael Newbury

Thank you I have found them not sure why when you click on the route itself under the standard tab nothing shows up.

27. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

That's because of the legacy ScenarioProperties.xml structure which has no information on the player's loco which is needed for a scenario to appear in the filtered list.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Cyclone

I actually remember downloading some Keith Ross scenarios for WCML North that he released for free on UKTS and I think they had that old structure. Cloning the scenario showed the more expanded structure.

29. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

+++Great news!+++
    1.png
    2.png
    2022-02-25 12_16_50-Steam.png
    3.png

Note: This locos below are already included in the US Loco & Asset pack. You get scenarios for Cajon and Castle Rock though.
    4.png

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  30. hayward.john48

Thank you DTG, all very welcome additions.

31. triznya.andras

While it doesn't cover everything, I found that searching Steam for BNSF now brings up most of the DLC that is involved, such as the SW1500, GP9, SD70v2, the CSX ES44AC, and some routes. Most of them are still region locked but can be wishlisted.

32. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

It'll just be a matter of days or hours. I think DTG wants to get this done too to focus on other stuff again.

33. Cyclone

Those were always visible in a region-locked state. This is nothing new.

I'll post again with my own findings.

UPDATE: My F7 unlocked. I also succeeded in unlocking the ATSF SD45-2 by DTM. I cannot check the SD75 as I already found it activated, but can it be checked too?

Funny thing: Cajon Pass is still blocked. So the scenarios with the SD45-2 are useless ATM. Same with the Dash 9. I can use them since I found a copy of the route, so can confirm they come with the locos.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
  34. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

The locked DLC but visible are still locked and visible. Those that were non-visible are now visible and unlocked. That way, I can purchase the BNSF loco pack or the Dash 9, but I still can't get the SD70v2.

35. LPSimulation

LPSimulation Member

Will the sd70 volume 2 be returning?

36. hayward.john48

DTG have said that all will be available, patience gentlemen.

37. Cyclone

Summary reply to that:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  38. hayward.john48

I love my 10 year old brand new Dash 9s.

• Like Like x 2
  39. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  40. Michael Newbury

Yes it will likely look for it to be released may next week hopefully.

41. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

42. triznya.andras

43. Cyclone

https://store.steampowered.com/app/208367/Train_Simulator_SW1500_Switcher_Loco_AddOn/ works. Nor was I doubting anyone's statements. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  44. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Raton Pass is now working.

• Like Like x 1
  45. Cyclone

Cajon Pass? Scenarios for the SD75 are on that route.

46. Kyle_Lennard1

Kyle_Lennard1 Active Member

When will the SD70 v2 pack be available worldwide?

47. Cyclone

Soon™

• Like Like x 1
  48. Michael Newbury

Very soon

49. hayward.john48

I can confirm that Clear Creek old timer and the Porters have been released as branded at least in the UK. Not many left now.

50. Cyclone

All of the ones on a working list I had are out in some way. But the separate list I made up on my own is still pretty full. Those three major loco packs and three liveries remain locked. Once those are all clear, I think we're in good shape.