Ruhr Sieg Nord Diesel Dlc

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NorthRail1, Aug 18, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

69 vote(s)
    97.2%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

Ruhr Sieg Nord Diesel dlc
    Introduction
    The Ruhr Sieg Nord route contains many sidings (and entire yards) which have no electrification. Due to the only locomotives being electric, these yards are currently inaccessible and unusable. The only way to make use of these locations would be a diesel dlc.
    Locomotives
    DB BR 294
    294-705-9.jpg

The DB BR 294 is a common diesel shunter in Germany and would be very useful for shunting tasks in the unelectrified yards. The popularity of the shunting services in the NEC: New York route shows that the addition of this locomotive and some shunting services in the yards (such as at Hagen) would be a popular addition.
    DB BR 266
    25104336666_475807ce9a_b.jpg

The DB BR 266 could be used for longer distance diesel freight services, such as those to the power station between Altena and Werdohl. Similar to the BR Class 66 featured in Great Western Express, these locomotives operate in Euro Cargo Rail livery, a subsidiary of DB Cargo UK, so licensing may not be a problem. Having a loco in the Euro Cargo Rail livery would also increase variety on the route, which currently only has locos operating in the DB Traffic Red Livery.
    Freight Wagons
    For services operating to the power station, coal wagons would be needed. Other wagons which could be included are tank cars, autoracks or container wagons.

• Like Like x 24
  2. Alex01

Alex01 Active Member

diesel would be fun to have

3. Wilbnil

Wilbnil Well-Known Member

A diesel shunter is indeed in big need because of the sidings and yards, with no electrification.
    And a set of wagons, like hoppers would be nice to have with it.

• Like Like x 3
  4. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

IMO this is already in the works- Matt kept talking about something to switch the unelectrified sidings in the last devstream. That sounds like the BR 294 to me. Speaking as a person whwo enjoyyred the aforementioned NEC scenarios, I'd love to see this, and I would definitely buy this!

The class 66 is a good idea also, though. This should appeal to DTG because they can reuse assets from the GWE one- and we all know how much they like doing that. This one should probably come with some extra rolling stock if it's going to be sold as a separate DLC in my opinion, but I would like the variety.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Wilbnil

Yeah, I would like a switcher like 294 better then a 266 too. And I can see where you are going with the clues, I'm spotting some myself not only in the devstream, but in other places too, but this may come from my bias opinion on this.

• Like Like x 2
  6. raildan

Another hint is that all of the sidings are fully detailed- manual switches and all (which I can't find on the electrified part). When has dovetail ever modeled anything extra like that when they didn't need to?

7. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Man I would love to get proper remote control mode with a 294. Considering TSW has all this walking around, remote control stuff might actually make sense...for once.

• Like Like x 4
  8. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with the 266, but have driven the 294 and used it in my own TS scenarios -- it would be a great addition to Ruhr-Sieg in my opinion and both sound excellent for switching scenarios, which I prefer above all others. Please, DTG?

9. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I understand your point, but actually enjoy the walking as well as driving because it (walking) makes me feel more involved.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

If you guys or devs need some solid ground to cover for the 294 please speak to TrainTeamBerlin. They did an enhancement pack for TS2018's 294. I absolutely love it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

Now that the Main-Spessart Bahn route has been released, these locos could be used on both routes instead of just Ruhr Sieg Nord.

• Like Like x 7
  12. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Agree the diesel element to TSW needs further push imo

13. pennine465

pennine465 Active Member

I think BR 294 is so Dirt for a “new DLC”.
    I think it would be a great addition but I do not know if it's the same for DTG

14. raildan

I'm not sure what you mean...

15. pennine465

pennine465 Active Member

I think DTG only builds “modern and clean” trains.

16. Wilbnil

DTG can't make most modern trains look dirty because of licensing issues. That is no excuse for not adding a train into TSW. They could still make a diesel shunter, they would just have to make it look clean. Seeing as a German diesel loco is in high demand.

17. raildan

RSN and MSB are set slightly in the past, allowing a bit more dirt than usual. You can see this most clearly in RSN- look around at some of the stations, not to mention some of the freight wagons.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ninetofive925

Ninetofive925 Well-Known Member

Dirty trains are especially a thing on NTP, but that's only because it's set in the 80's and probably did'nt require licensing other than the BR logo.

• Like Like x 1
  19. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

It happens the same on the port area in MSB route. We have beautiful decoration and time dedicated to their design but we can´t even reach these areas… I think yards have a lot of potential on both routes. I hope we can even load and unload stuff in those industries and cargo services are not just point to point transportation in the future releases.

Cheers

20. Gtzh04

Gtzh04 New Member