Steam Loco Coming To New Zealand's Midland Line.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trev123, Mar 21, 2022.

1. trev123

trev123 Active Member

• Like Like x 4
  2. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

I'm certainly excited for this, it also gives me hope for Australian DLC being a possibility in the future because there is New Zealand DLC. :D

3. dwal1

dwal1 Member

Keep in mind DTG haven't had anything to do with this. This dlc and the other dlc's have been made by two 3rd party dev's based in New Zealand, so the chances that you will ever see Australian content are pretty slim, unless of course a developer/s based in Australia take on the task.

4. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

I guess you're right but it gives me hope in the fact that DTG is open to routes and trains from Oceania.

5. TrainsAreBest

TrainsAreBest Active Member

With TS202X being an aging game, it's unlikely (but not impossible) that commercial Australian DLC will become available.

You need to adjust your expectation dial to No Australian Content.

However, Trainz does have Australian content, so if that's important to you check it out on Steam. There will likely be an Easter sale.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

I have Trainz and although very good in the graphics area, I just don’t really like it. I prefer the more realistic TS20XX. However Train Sim World 2 is actually quite good, not as good as TS20XX in my opinion but still good. So I would not mind Australian DLC for TSW2 but at the end of the day I would prefer Australian DLC in TS20XX. However TSW2 is more popular so it’s more likely for Australian DLC to be on TSW2. And honestly I don’t see Australian DLC as being too unlikely. After all it’s an entire continent of opportunities and Dovetail would certainly get a lot of money from Australian fans if they made Australian DLC which gives incentive to therefore make Australian DLC. But honestly my hopes for this are still quite optimistic.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
  7. Sharpey

Sharpey Member

I'm working on the Central coast line but as a solo project its progressing slowly:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...l-coast-and-newcastle-line.25052/#post-469466

8. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

The route looks really good, will it be payware or freeware when it comes out? I don't know how but do you think you could contact DTG and they could upload it to steam like for other developers? NZTS I presume must've done something like that to get their New Zealand products featured on the Steam store (however I have no idea how developers get their DLC featured on the Steam store so I'm probably wrong). Either way I would certainly get this route when it's done.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Sharpey

Sharpey Member

Thanks I appreciate that, the route will most likely be freeware as I'm using assets already included in the game. For it to be classed as payware I would need to create all the assets myself which I don't have the time or talent to really do so.
    I may reach out to DTG once I get closer to finishing the route and see if they can help out with things like rolling stock, signals etc and for the route to be converted to payware, unsure really of this yet.
    I don't want to hijack this thread anymore, you know where to find me :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. trev123

trev123 Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

Looks amazing! Glad to have a nz steam loco in the game. I've seen the loco many times and it's just beautiful. Also it comes out on my birthday, what a lovely coincidence!

12. trev123

trev123 Active Member