Harlem Line Ai Issues And Red Signal Bug

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Trainiac, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

Can someone clarify if the red signal bug fix also resolves instances where AI trains can get stuck? It gets particularly problematic at the junction where Croton Harmon train joins the mainline and at the junction just north of Crestwood station.

2. bassman612

bassman612 Member

After applying the patch today I tried the 616 service in the 1st part of the journey for the M3. Still broken as there was an M7 stuck at the junction north of Crestwood. I walked up to the M7 and took control of it and it's off path. It needs to be on the track to its right to get to the stop marker at Crestwood. The problems I keep getting on Harlem are not red light issues like the patch is said to fix, but pathing problems of AI trains. Every time the route gets jammed up it is because of an AI train off path, not red lights. I'm on PS4 if that matters

• Like Like x 3
  3. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

OK, I was getting ready to re-run 2325, an M3a service, which has the same issue of an inbound M7a stuck north of Crestwood. It has passed the signal at its location so know it's not a red light problem.

4. kurtosizm

kurtosizm Well-Known Member

Same on PC (Epic version). Really thinking about uninstalling the game, as when I sit down to play, I feel anxious about whatever service I'm choosing, whether I can finish it or not. You should be playing video games in general to have fun, right? DTG, this is no fun, this is painful.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Sharon E

M3A service 2325 GCT to Crestwood at 0735, empty stock move, is still broken. There is an inbound train stopped just north of the station with no signal in front. Further, based on the number of other trains backed up behind it, it should have cleared this area long before my train arrived. The bottom image is of the map and trains stretch from the bottom to top, though its hard to see. bandicam 2022-04-11 14-59-09-770.jpg bandicam 2022-04-11 14-59-09-770.jpg bandicam 2022-04-11 15-00-38-227.jpg

6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Playing a game should never make you feel anxious. Unless it’s a Resident Evil game or such like.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Unbelievable

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Without being mean, they are really stupid at DTG

• Like Like x 2
  9. breblimator

breblimator Guest

For me, the fix is on the air. Green.
    Sad to hear, no for all of You. OML /o\

10. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Still weird, considering I haven't had any of those issues.

11. Sharon E

Have you run M3a service 2325? If not please do to see how it works for you. I have run a number of services without issues, so its not all services that have problems.

12. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Oh for god's sake dtg. You can't fix what you intended to fix?!

13. 410nick

410nick Member

This is really starting to piss me off. There is no excuse why a route that features 270 services with only 2 different types of trains, faces pathing issues on this scale. By the time the real problem gets patched, I won't even want to play it any longer. GWE has at least 300 services with no pathing issues and for the recent London rush hour route I played, I was still able to complete a majority of the services that I selected in the timetable despite some red-light issues and it has over 1000 services!! Do the testers just play one or two services and stick a fork in it?? Seriously if we all are spending our hard earned money to fund DTG and the Train Simulation franchises, the least we can get is a finished or mainly bug free route. Not a half-assed demo session you have to quit out half way through the route. Excuse my language but I'm starting to get fed up!

• Like Like x 5
  14. heliq

heliq Active Member

No luck, same place stuck AI. Journey mode chapter 1.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      791.3 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  15. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

The sad part of this, is that DTG announced they fixed it, when clearly it hasnt been.

In fact on a personal level, this "fix" has made things worst Ive now had my first stuck service.

Top marks.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Sharon E

From what I have experienced, it has nothing to do with red lights. It seems to be the AI dispatcher again messing up paths. The first stuck train on service 2325 is way past its nearest red light. I plan to replay it again and watch the map to see when that train stops and where the player trains is at that point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Yes, it is about paths. Some AI trains objectives are impossible to reach due to switches configuration. The AI dispatcher here is a mess.

18. redrev1917

From a players perspective, do we actually care why the trains are stopped blocking our path or just that the service cant be completed?

From DTG perspective, do they care full stop? If they did why would they release a fix which achieves nothing?

• Like Like x 4
  19. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

It's such a shame because I'm actually enjoying the route. But now I have to memorise which services are playable and which aren't, if it's not one thing it's the other with DTG. Make one improvement + a massive bug that makes it's way through the cracks.

• Like Like x 1
  20. heliq

heliq Active Member

Call Matt here, is he still on the forum at all? Or has DTG gone into radio silence? =)

• Like Like x 2
  21. redrev1917

Its not just Matt whose presence on the forums is significantly reduced, it is all of them.

Its like they've been told by the higher ups not to respond and comment on issues. I cant fathom out what the reasoning is, but its comes across like they no longer care (which I know isnt the case from Matt's passion). Either that or they are all as fed up and dejected over the issues as we are.

We're down to just 1 TSW stream this week (tonights release stream for HSC), and even that doesn't have any senior DTG involvement.

• Like Like x 3
  22. Wooki74

Wooki74 Active Member

Matt has not been the forums because he is unwell at the moment. But the rest have been quiet lately.

23. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

All this to me bodes ill for the steam route with if anything even more complex signalling and AI movement requirements.

• Like Like x 1
  24. kurtosizm

kurtosizm Well-Known Member

Don't want to endorse another product, but I've just invested in Diesel Railcar Simulator a few days ago, was only £13.99, an early access title on Steam. After having played 12 hours, I can confirm the following: haven't found any issues with paths, haven't found any issues with signalling, and it has a save game function that actually works. I mean the traffic is crazy in the game, and the dispatcher is spot on. Puts DTG to a shame really. I also haven't encountered any bugs on community-made routes (yes, it has a built-in route builder/editor too). How come that they managed to pull this off with a much smaller budget?

25. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

DRS is very good and has also expanded to include some loco hauled trains. The graphics aren't quite in the same league as TSW but are improving, though I have to admit not being able to get my head round the route editor (yet).

26. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

I just experienced the same thing on PC with train #616. On the PC platform, I was operating an M3 running express from White Plains to Harlem-125th street, and as I approached Crestwood, there was an M7A taking up a junction, which would not allow me to pass. I have also noticed an M7A following closely behind my train and eventually another train following that train. Hopefully the devs can sort the pathing issues of the AI trains. The same thing also happened on a service for East Coastway

• Like Like x 1
  27. Sharon E

I ran 2331 earlier today after the patch and will do 2315 tomorrow to see if its fixed. 2331 ran fine.

28. Sharon E

2325 is not fixed. still have that inbound train backup just north of Crestwood.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. E.j.

E.j. Member

It sure is still broken.

30. Sharon E

E.j., I have also put a post in the technical area on this scenario.

31. malikrthr

I just tried 3 other services on the Harlem line. I notice at some point along the run, there is an AI train just ahead of the junction or directly within the junction. As the AI is stalled or not able to continue it's path, there is no way to successfully complete the service. Currently, it seems most services may be unplayable with this bug in existence. With ATC and ASCES enabled, even while following the in-cab signal aspects, this behavior is not what occurs in real life. I really hope the devs can fix the bug where AI trains get stuck at signals or junctions. This bug appears to be common across several routes. Other routes this issue occurs on is London Commuter, East Coastway, and Long Island Railroad. I am sure there may be more instances of this bug in other routes. This definitely takes the fun out of playing the simulator if it can't be completed.

• Like Like x 1
  32. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately we have received confirmation that this bug will never be fixed in TSW2 - you'll have to buy TSW3 for that.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. malikrthr

Do you have the source for that confirmation?
    If confirmed, then that is ridiculous. While the route looks great, it should have undergone further testing to ensure that this DLC can properly be played

34. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

From the road map:

• Helpful Helpful x 4
  35. malikrthr

Thanks for confirming these issues will be fixed in TSW3. It appears there will be further updates to TSW2 as well while TSW3 becomes the primary simulator. I wonder how much longer TSW2 will be supported for

36. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

For a few months at max, before they totally forget about it. The fact that they aren't even planning to fix game breaking issues for a TSW2 route anymore, only for TSW3 (as seen above), shows their intentions perfectly.

I mean the route released in March this year. It's barely half a year old and you already have to buy a new game to get a bugfix for it... Ridiculous.

• Like Like x 2
  37. WiSchmo

WiSchmo Active Member

I can sadly confirm that the issue HAS NOT BEEN BEEN FIXED in TSW3. Picked up the Harlem Line yesterday and have tried two services so far: 616 & 618, both with the M3A. On both services, AI trains stuck on the track (and a long way from the next signal) are blocking the path, making the service unplayable.
    Ridiculous this isn't fixed still, even in TSW3...

38. malikrthr

I tried service # 616 but have not tried 618. For me, 616 has been fixed in TSW3 and I can make it to Grand Central Terminal to complete the service. I remember this was an issue in TSW2. Did your TSW3 receive a patch? Are you operating the train with ATC on or off?

39. WiSchmo

WiSchmo Active Member

Thanks for the answer. I'm playing on PS4 Slim with the latest available patch installed (v1.08). I have all safety systems enabled.
    Do you think it could be connected to the those?

EDIT: Just saw that Matt is aware of the issue. Seems to be somehow connected to the save game issue. More Info hopefully coming soon
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/harlem-line-still-bugged-in-tsw3.60293/#post-550303

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
  40. malikrthr

You're welcome, I think it might be due to the platform. I played the service from a PC. I play with ATC and the safety alert systems enabled on the Harlem Line.