Speculation: What's Coming Up ?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Yerolo, Apr 21, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

With the lack of a Speculation thread like the pre-roadmap days of old....what do we all think may be the next big route release ?

WIth Horseshoe Curve and Luzern released, it leaves us with a pretty bare (official) release schedule. The Spirit of Steam is widely tipped to be the Summer release (August) and the mysterious german route possibly releasing afterwards....that leaves us with nothing route-wise in a 4mth timeframe before SoS. (Again speculation)

This does seem like a fairly large release gap as we usually see a new route (or at least an announcement) each month...my thoughts are there has to be something unannounced in the oven to tide us over. We still have another couple of weeks until the next roadmap where truths may be revealed.

Are we going to be surprised by a quick release (or two) before the Summer release ?

Speculate away peeps

• Like Like x 2
  2. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Spirit of Steam won’t be the summer release

• Like Like x 5
  3. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Well we know Cactus Jack has been working on a big project for TSW so there's clearly an unannounced US route in the pipeline. And we know there's a unspecified German route as well which isn't steam related so it's safe to assume that the US route won't be steam either. So my guess is it's some in the NE again and passenger related. Maybe NEC radiating out of Washington.

The German route I think is possibly going to be Berlin based

After SoS I think the next UK release with a loco DLC for it, I'm thinking something which is going to offer local goods and passenger services. So maybe a tank engine?

Third Party wise
    I think a JT UK route will be announced in the next couple of months and will be something based around one of their popular TS1 routes, so maybe midland mainline related.
    I'm guessing Rivet will stick to Swiss trains and produce perhaps a Loco DLC for Luzern or another SSB main line service with a flirt and a.n.other loco which layers back into Luzern, although I hope they fix the signalling issue on Luzern first.

Skyhook I expect to see improvement on the 187 now as I think the community has been patient enough, before they look at releasing anything else. HSC could also benefit from some snagging although this is no way in a bad state, more just a polish needed

• Like Like x 6
  4. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

Whos Cactus Jack?

5. redrev1917

I forget his real name bit it's the guy who did Boston Sprinter

6. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

At least we're not on a GTA5 to GTA6 release cycle

• Like Like x 3
  7. CowBoyWolf

Brandon

• Like Like x 2
  8. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I would like to think another BR Blue era route with the emphasis on industry is in production, but probably not. I suspect we are more likely to get another modern day UK route with recycled Electrostars (again). However assuming SoS doesn’t bomb I can definitely see a loco and stock pack emerging quickly, either a Jinty, 2-6-4T tank loco either LMS original or BR Standard or a Black Five along with some extra Mark Ones or maybe P3 LMS coaches, in BR livery. I don’t see another UK steam era route just yet though.

I hope Just Trains surprise us with either Edinburgh to Dundee or maybe the original Bristol area route they did for TSC

Germany, well we know the 420 is “bubbling under” and the 232 lurking in the woodwork, but route wise could be just aboit anything.

America - well now they have a global BNSF licence maybe something from the Pacific North West, Stevens or Marias Pass, really don’t need another 30 mile East Coast commuter line.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

Whats next? No idea. But this would be the best time to release a loco dlc. We didn't got one in a "long" time. It would be a great way to pass some time without building an entire route. Maybe a little shunter for the american freight routes!

10. chieflongshin

Give them credit . These electrostars will come with a new horn, different seat patterns, the window surrounds will be different. They’ll look identically different to the trained eye that can also spot a remodelled brake pipe and acceleration curve .

;):D:D

• Like Like x 5
  11. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Could be JT UK but other than that I'm not expecting much if I'm honest other than patches. If DTG are doing something for the summer (I don't mean SoS) they'll be focusing on that and going full steam ahead.... ;)

12. highland beastie

Cheers!

13. HuggernautNL

HuggernautNL Member

There are new Steam achievements with the letters LPC in them.
    Two of which are:
    LPC: Steam Powered
    LPC: Sound Steam Driver

14. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

LPC would stand for Liverpool - Crewe, the Spirit of Steam route

• Like Like x 1
  15. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

The jt announcement depends on the progress they were, back when they confirmed their activity for tsw.

If they had already a project in development, i can immagine an announcement soon.
    But if they started activly producing this year, their first dlc might release either on christmass this year or even at the begin of next year.

16. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

We could possibly see another “Rush Hour Style” bundle of three routes that would release late summer/early fall. If I remember correctly, Rush Hour wasn’t announced until the first week of May 2021 with original release scheduled for August. So it’s not out of the question that something big like that could be in the works. Maybe Spirit of Steam would be part of such bundle, or maybe not.

• Like Like x 2
  17. CowBoyWolf

I have already leaked them upload_2022-4-21_17-33-59.png

• Like Like x 1
  18. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

German route might be Hauptstrecke Innsbruck Rosenheim through Running to ÖBB Infra tracks due to both Germany and Austria using PZB LZB Sifa ETCS.
    There's a small chance that you get an ÖBB 1016 1116 in front of your Doppelstockwagen 780 785 766.2 767.2. 1016 & 1116 are the ÖBB versions of MRCE BR182 DB BR182. Affects Main Spessart Bahn Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg and Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen due to Nightjet services

• Like Like x 1
  19. chieflongshin

I'm guessing one is animals on the track - Will they move or will we reroute round (which would be odd) and i have a feeling the winter one will be getting the train up a slippery grade with no wheel slip

• Like Like x 1
  20. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

what could be the next American route for TSW 2?

21. chieflongshin

I'd expect something that could support a steam engine either in heritage or historic guise

22. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Hopefully the next NA route, from either DTG or SHG isn't a modern route.....

The last releases were....

Horseshoe Curve (Modern Freight)
    Harlem Line (Modern Commuter)
    Sherman Hill (Modern Freight)
    Boston Sprinter (Modern Commuter)
    Cane Creek (Modern Branch Line)

Give us something set pre-1995 please....

• Like Like x 2
  23. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Since we don’t have any hints to help us, speculation is basically wishful thinking. But that’s still pretty fun.

So the next German route, perhaps it’ll have another diesel train. The BR 612 was a good start, and perhaps DTG are more willing to dive into German diesels.

The UK, it’ll probably be a modern electric route. I’ll guess a London Overground route, maybe the North London Line with the Class 378. That seems realistic. But ScotRail could also come back! I’d love another ScotRail route. Not sure which route would be a good choice though.

For the US, I would not be surprised if another freight route is on the way. Perhaps there’s a chance that we’ll get a BNSF route by the end of the year? That’d be nice. DTG would probably like Tehachapi Pass. I’m more a Cajon Pass fan myself.

Blacknred81 above me mentioned older US routes, and you know what? That’s a great idea. I’ll add the CNW to my list of hopes. An old Chicago commuter route in the CNW days. Yes.

And uhhh, other countries, sure! We probably won’t get a new country anytime soon. But perhaps we could revisit Canada! Some sort of CN route is the most reasonable, but having VIA Rail would be something I’d love to see.

• Like Like x 4
  24. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Or it might be MBta Worcester/Framingham line with the Hsp46 locomotive with the bilevel coach’s.

25. chieflongshin

If it was a Scot rail route then I'd like to see the line to Mallaig (which to be fair is probably dead) or Waverly and across the Forth Bridge.

26. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

In this lull from DTG why are we not seeing more preserved route updates being released? They released the TVL some weeks ago and had problems and put the preservation crew on it straight away so it looks they are not needed elsewhere. Releasing the updates could help fill the void for many people.

• Like Like x 3
  27. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

I don't think there are any that i can think off, maybe only steam train at that time, not commuter or passenger.

28. Average_Joe57

Average_Joe57 Active Member

Back on one of the recent live streams, some people noticed Matt said Pacific Surfliner before correcting himself during a discussion about content in development so hopefully we get that this year.

• Like Like x 1
  29. CowBoyWolf

DTG already confirmed that they have no plans as of now

30. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

I think a London Overground Richmond to Stratford route would be great for TSW. DTG could even implement multiple eras and timetables. The 313 could be reskinned into Silverlink livery for a 2007-2010 era. A 378 in London overground livery for a somewhat modern era. And a 101 in BR blue for a backdated era. They could even add a class 710 dlc later that makes the route conform to present day.

• Like Like x 4
  31. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Not to mention the venerable Class 501 DC units!

• Like Like x 2
  32. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I think the next US route will be a BNSF route in the Southwest. ES44DC as the "new" loco plus recycled GP38-2 or SD40-2.

I have a feeling about Mojave-Bakersfield. DTG seem to like "iconic" features, so the Tehachapi loop would fit the bill and the route length is about right.

I'd like some more vintage routes myself, but Clinchfield unfortunately wasn't a big seller, so i'm doubtful.

• Like Like x 2
  33. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna have to agree with BlacknRed on the US routes. If I see one more modern route being made, then I'm seriously gonna lose it. A vintage historic route would rather be a lot more funner to drive on than another modern one, honestly. Especially with the classics of steams and diesels.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
  34. redrev1917

Depends which era it was set in tbh. Anything up to early 80s would have seen freight services with fast fish trains running amongst others. Go back to the late 60s and early 70# we'd have the possibility of mixed passenger and general goods trains which would be something brand new for TSW2.

Obviously if it was set in recent years it would be fairly quiet but we'd still have the possibility of Harry potter specials twice a day along with a diesel MU local service.

35. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I like the new TSC base routes, they are everything we want in TSW, so how about they surprise everyone by bringing the TSC routes over to TSW. Extend Riesa-Dresden and link it to Rapid Transit (merge and extend in one move!) and then the WCML South which we have been waiting ages for and then something in the US, which seems to have had good reviews.

Alternatively, I would like to see a round of Loco DLCs: Thameslink 700s, Acela and ICE-T.

36. chieflongshin

It does seem that the old dogs getting some better routes and we're getting old routes updated to tsw

hsc, bml, Isle of Wight etc

• Like Like x 1
  37. Anarchist Angel

Anarchist Angel New Member

I personally hope the new "German Route" is set through the Berliner Stadtbahn (Bhf Charlottenbug-Bhf Ostbahnhof and maybe further through Ostkreuz to Lichtenberg) starring the S-Bahn. Berlin has very often been demanded and appreciated and it's relatively easy to get the licensing. Also the S-Bahn tracks and trains could be the main feature and the tracks running parallel to it can utilize all previously released German rolling stock in regular service except for the BR 612 (sadly, it's great) and only very seldomly a 155 (though technically possible).

38. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I doubt that since they already release a US Fright route which is HSC, maybe at a later date. For now we should get more US Passenger Route, or UK Passenger Route. :D

39. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

HSC was done 3rd party by SHG, which really doesn't have an effect on what DTG does. DTGs last route was Harlem Line.

40. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

From some bits of information I got from the streams, people here and personal expectations I'd say this is the most likely/optimistic timeline (still speculation)

1. SoS releases in May, maybe June
    2. "German Route" seems to be developed in parallel with SoS, so I don't think there will be a huge time difference between the two releases
    3. There could be (hopefully) a bit of a slowdown in DLC releases as DTG tries to "stabilise" the game and improve quality of life and release long long overdue updates so that the game is in a good state before the big summer update.
    4. Possibly another route and/or loco DLC is released beteeen SoS/"German Route" and the summer update - a likely candidate could be the Class 700 for BML/SEHS, Acela (BS), ICE-T (DRA)
    About the german route I am expecting "more of the same" I don't think it will be a steam route, if I were DTG I would only develop Liverpool, assess the feedback and overall success of that DLC before starting to make more steam DLC.

About the summer update - I can see it being a "Steam Rush Hour" so a 3 route pack centred around Steam, if Liverpool goes well.

Some things that I think will happen sooner rather than later, but not sure when are:
    • A section of the WCML is released (with the Class 390 or APT-P)
    • Another route out of NY (most likely Hudson Line) is released featuring the M8 EMU, possibly the Genesis+Rolling stock as well
    • An Expansion pack-like thing is released which will add steam trains to DCZ and possibly SMH/HSC and one of the old BR-era british routes (or WSR)
    • Acela on BS, ICE-T on DRA - either loco DLC, pack or introduced with new routes
    • Revamped BR155 done at least to DRA standards.
    • Route extensions

• Like Like x 3
  41. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

DTG seem focused on getting SOS right at the moment, which I can't blame them for, then presumably they'll go straight on to projects for their summer release.

3rd party development is more interesting at the moment; Rivet now presumably developing another route (probably for the UK), Skyhook having finished Horseshoe Curve, and Just Trains also on the horizon. Hopefully for UK content we'll get another shorter route sooner, through collaboration from a 3rd party developer like what happened with Cathcart Circle. Maybe something to do with Merseyrail since Skyhook are based in Liverpool? (a long shot but it's a logical choice, especially with the PEP model already existing).

42. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

43. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Don't forget there is also going to be a Core Update as well which bring new functions to the game, more improvement to the weather system that will work it in the time table mode, along with more improvement to the weather itself, and more dynamic, or maybe platform announcement in the station and on train is coming, A working dispatcher which i mean the save function is fix, and working, more improvement to the Rush Hour core, such as more busy and more passenger variety. The Core have to be something big that would improve the game throughout all the route. Which i really do hope to see in cab and passenger announcements on station and platform, along with the changes in weather in the timetable service mode. This is what i really want to see. So i don't think it just going to be on Spirit of Steam or that would be so BORING. :cool:

44. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Or, it could be like Rush Hour in 2021. TBH the only big feature I am expecting is route mergers/extentions, but that doesn't mean it will be this summer's update.
    Weather is definitely a possibility - passenger announcements less so, that becomes a decision of "infringe copyright", "go through a possibly unfeasible and very complicated process to get the actual voices and sounds" and "be unrealistic"
    That could happen, but I'm afraid I'm not as optimistic as you are... dispatcher will probably come whenever they feel pressured into making a new subway/metro route IMO, which is the only case that actually needs improvements in that area from what I recall from the latest roadmap stream.

I'd say, particularly with TSW, I always expect the bare minimum and get surprised for anything beyond that.

• Like Like x 2
  45. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I like all the suggestions posted so far....but I think the one idea which makes the most sense at the moment is a Rush Hour styled route pack announcement. Last year, Rush Hour was leaked May 2nd (with its official announcement forced a few days after); so we are certainly on schedule for something like that to happen again.

Spirit of Steam seems like a likely candidate if it were to happen, alongside the 'German Route' and one unnanounced US route to round out the pack.

• Like Like x 1
  46. lukereynolds1

lukereynolds1 Well-Known Member

I found this on the PlayStation thread, where JD summarises the key parts of the last roadmap stream:

• After the Spirit of Steam release, we will have an extended period of no first-party releases, and dedicate the time to solving a lot of longer-term issues (primarily focused around post-Rush Hour, but we may go further back if we have the scope to)

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  47. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Well, that's certainly interesting. Can you provide a link or thread title? I'm not finding that thread in the Playstation section?

• Like Like x 2
  48. lukereynolds1

• Like Like x 1
  49. lukereynolds1

It's on the PlayStation forum under the title, "an open letter to DTG".

• Like Like x 1
  50. highland beastie

They make it sound like there's gonna be a few third party routes/locos while they fix the game. I expect the 3rd party routes to be relsed will be a rivet loco dlc (I have no idea what it could be), but apart from that I don't know what could be released. The just trains route I imagine is still gonna be a while away. Skyhook sounds like their working on fixing the 187, but they may also be working on another DLC but that probably won't be released for a while. There could also be some unknown 3rd parties working on some dlc.

• Like Like x 1