Tsw 2 Suggestion : Rer Line B Paris Ratp Sncf

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by souleymane#2785, Apr 18, 2022.

1. souleymane#2785

souleymane#2785 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, today I would like to propose to you the RER Line B in Paris France.

rer-2.jpg

Line B of the RER d'Île-de-France, more often simply called RER B, is a line of the regional express network of Île-de-France which crosses the Paris conurbation along a north-east / south-west axis , with two branches. It rests Aéroport Charles-de-Gaulle 2 TGV and Mitry - Claye to the northeast at Robinson and Saint-Rémy-lès-Chevreuse to the south, passing through the heart of Paris.

The line carries 983,000 passengers per working day, making it the second busiest line in the network and in Europe, behind line A of the RER. This line notably provides access to the terminals of Paris-Charles-de-Gaulle airport as well as those of Paris-Orly airport — via Antony station and the Orlyval automatic shuttles —, to the stadium of France, at the Paris-Nord Villepinte exhibition center, at the Arcueil examination center and at the Paris-Saclay science and technology center.

The line is operated by 2 companies such as RATP and SNCF. the RATP operates the southern part of the line, Saint Rémy les Chevreuse branch and the Robinson branch up to Châtelet les Halles station. And SNCF the northern part of Gare du Nord to the Aéroport Charles de Gaulle 2 branch and the Mitry Claye branch.
    plan-de-ligne-rer-ligne-b_juin21b.jpg

Supply voltages:

The Saint-Rémy-lès-Chevreuse and Robinson
    branches from the Châtelet - Gare du Nord tunnel are operated by the RATP on a 1,500 VDC electrified network. The Aéroport Charles-de-Gaulle 2 TGV and Mitry - Claye branches are, from Gare du Nord, operated by the SNCF under a voltage of 25,000 volts alternating current.

Limit speeds:

The authorized speed limits are 60 to 120 km/h depending on the tracks on which the train runs to the north (SNCF). They are 50 to 100 km/h in the south (RATP).

Operation:

Line B operates from approximately 5:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. , with 116 MI 79 trains and 42 MI 84 trains. light » Orlyval (from quay to quay in the direction of Orly).

Rush hour :

During peak hours, from 7 a.m. to 9.30 a.m. and from 4.30 p.m. to 8.30 p.m., the line's timetable provides for up to twenty trains per hour, i.e. one train every three minutes between Bourg Aulnay sous Bois. And every 7-9 minutes from the Robinson and Saint Rémy les Chevreuse branch to Bourg la Reine, and the Charles de Gaulle 2 Airport branch and the Mitry Claye branch to Aulnay sous bois.

Rolling Stock:

Line B
    contains 2 rolling stock but similar. The mi79 and mi84 (MI: Interconnected Material 1979, 1984). The Z 8100 (better known under the names MI 79 and MI 84) are the first trains interconnecting the RATP and SNCF networks in Île-de-France. The MI 79s, designed in the 1970s for RER line B, were followed by a derivative version, the MI 84s, designed to meet the needs of RER line A, before being partly assigned to RER B. All 4-car elements can be coupled into 8-car multiple units. A renovated train has a capacity of 850 passengers per element, or 1,700 passengers per train of two elements.

Mi84 on the left and mi79 renovated on the right : 130416655_o.jpg

Maintenance workshops:

The Mi79 and Mi84 equipment maintenance workshops are located in Massy Palaiseau and also serve as sidings
    ImageALaUne-4.jpg

Railway signaling and security system:

RER B signaling is designed with SNCF type signaling such as Voie libre (Green), Warning (Yellow), Warning Flashing (Yellow flashing), Semaphore (Red), Square (2 red), Square purple (Purple) and Square white (White).

51dc0314-4a83-4e68-8592-dee6b5d310a4_l.jpg

In terms of security systems, on the RER B there is the Kcvp system (punctual speed control) similar to the kcvb on the RER A, the VACMA on the pedal or the standby button on the joystick.

• Like Like x 2
  2. souleymane#2785

Mi79 renovated outsider, insider and Cab:
    88358557_o.jpg

09D-MC-RER-B.jpg

MI84
    images (1).jpeg

mi84_interieur.jpg

post-17-1131211759.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Game needs a French S-Bahn and this should fill that

• Like Like x 2
  4. souleymane#2785

Clearly we need more. The LGV méditerranée was I find a success for the French railway

5. reallychummy

reallychummy Member

I like this idea but from a personal perspective I'd prefer ligne A because that was the one I used around 20 years ago when I lived in the banlieus.

6. souleymane#2785

• Like Like x 1
  7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I agree and for DTG they can do Paris RER or Appenweier-Strasbourg Railway then end that at Mannheim Rbf. Parts of this route you can probably try running BB37000 freight locomotive. The 1.5kv DC pantograph on that one is also used to feed ÖBB Deutsche Bahn 15kv AC wires.

• Like Like x 1
  8. souleymane#2785

absolutely. It's true, moreover, I didn't think about freight in the SNCF zone.

9. souleymane#2785

Here are some videos
    Cab ride presenting you the line B of the RER with the rolling stock Mi79 and mi84 and inspires for this idea of dlc project for train sim world 2. Good viewing

10. DTG Benjamin

DTG Benjamin Staff Member

Hi there,

Thank you for providing some additional content for this suggestion. In future, please edit your original post to add new content rather than adding further posts. Thanks

11. souleymane#2785

Hello, indeed I wanted to make a new one so that it would be shorter but clear and pleasant to read and to have as a suggestion. thank you for your comeback

• Like Like x 1