Just Trains X Train Sim World 2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Greyhound, May 25, 2022.

1. Greyhound

Greyhound Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure we have not heard from Just Trains since late December when they originally announced (see post here) that beginning this year, they would be commencing work on content for Train Sim World 2.

It has been radio silence since then as far as I can tell. Now, five months later, I'm wondering when we'll hear something from Just Trains or Dovetail Games on what they've been working on.

Until then, does anyone have any suggestions for what they'd like to see Just Trains release?

Hopefully we aren't waiting much longer for an update.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Greyhound

Greyhound Member

I'll go first: I'm hoping we see something modern in the North of England. I'd like to see Manchester - Liverpool Lime Street with the Class 319 or Class 323 although this seems unlikely now because of Spirit of Steam Liverpool - Crewe. I also think Manchester - Blackpool North would be a good route, again with the Class 319.

• Like Like x 1
  3. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Maybe something Midland mainline Leicester to Nottingham East Midlands Trains with VP185 hst and 222 meridian possibly 158 as well would be my realistic guess.
    However I would love to see a steam loco dlc for Liverpool Crewe or a section of the ECML.

Sorry for the vagueness.

4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

How about ÖBB Innsbruck Rosenheim Freight Rosenheim to Hall in Tyrol Verschiebebahnhof (ÖBB terminology for a DB SBB Rangierbahnhof). Austrian high speed Schnellfahrstrecke Wien Linz Westbahn. Freight Verschiebebahnhof Wien Kledering to Linz Verschiebebahnhof
    Owners of either ÖBB routes get ÖBB services on Nahverkehr Dresden Railjet the 06:33 Großenhain to Dresden Hbf Freight Röderau to Dresden Hbf Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen Main Spessart Bahn Nightjet Freight. Lastly Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg Freight Railjet Nightjet Rhein Ruhr Osten and Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr These have Freight ÖBB Eurocity Dortmund to Innsbruck via Hagen or Duisburg.

5. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

Believe at the start of the year dtg said they got there hands on the unreal tools etc. I am not sure but this could also be there first time using ue 4 so there is going to be a learning curve and these things take time would rather wait a while for nice working route then a few months work crammed in to get it to release

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Chiltern Mainline from London Marylebone to Banbury is my choice with any of...
    Class 165/0
    Class 168
    Class 170
    Class 67 or 68 with Mk3 + DVT

7. mooredean1978

mooredean1978 Active Member

I would like to have The Metropolitan Line i think it's time for a new London Underground route.

• Like Like x 4
  8. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  9. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

DTG probably don't want any announcements until SoS releases. Would make sense as we haven't gotten anything for a while

10. bdlhouston#8691

bdlhouston#8691 Well-Known Member

Honestly, ill be happy with anything as long as it isn't another electrostar

• Like Like x 2
  11. matt#4801

Agreed.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Just trains made the South Devon Main Line in TS. I think this would also be a great route for TSW and I even suggested the South Devon Main Line: Exeter st Davids - Plymouth (with Paignton branch) long before Just Trains was announced to work on TSW. That route would be very scenic, include layering oppertunities from current GWR content (giving people more bang for their buck) and provide a chance to finally get the much requested GWR class 802 and pacer in game (aswell as rhe class 70).

13. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Tom has said in his Train Sim TV streams that they're working on something but it's long time away from anything being announced yet.

14. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

Would love a few more UK routes and 2nd Gen DMUs or a Class 50 etc

• Like Like x 1
  15. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

This is great news only just found out

• Like Like x 1
  16. SWR450

SWR450 Active Member

I reckon something on the SWML, maybe including the WoE line as well

17. Greyhound

Greyhound Member

Seems to be a lot of people asking for this to be covered in today's Roadmap Q&A. Hopefully we get some news.

18. matt#4801

Fingers crossed.

19. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I doubt they would let the cat out the bag prior to JT making their own announcement.

20. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

They released the Tohoku route together with Union Workshop, and also did the Three Country Corner route that crossed Austria, Germany and Switzerland, so I'm holding on to a little hope that they may become the first to release an Austrian or even a Japanese route to TSW2.

21. euaningarfill

euaningarfill Active Member

Jt said to commented on a post that it would a very long time before making a announcement

22. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Another good Austrian ÖBB route might be Schnellfahrstrecke Wien Linz the Westbahn. You get Freight Nightjet sleeper train Railjet Regional Intercity S-bahn. Furthermore it has a Hump Yard Linz and Wien Kledering where you get ÖBB Baureihe 1064 Linz ÖBB 2070. Both ÖBB locomotives can layer to German routes.

23. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

In my mind this is almost unequivocally the most needed British route area in TSW. Manchester to Blackpool sounds very fun and this would be ideal for a big late summer release.