Dtg Please Give Us A New British Dmu

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jack travers, May 28, 2022.

1. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

As We all know Tsw 2 only has 1 british DMU (class 166) and that doesn’t even fulfill our needs I think we need a new dmu and It should be an express one not a stopper like the 166 but If we do i think it should be one of the trains from The Voyager family Like the cross country 220:[​IMG]
    Or the avanti 221:[​IMG]

or lastly the Class 222:[​IMG]
    If one of these trains do get picked here are some routes they could run
    class 220: Birmingham international to Wolverhampton(if u have other suggestions reply)
    class 221: Euston to Watford Junction/Milton Keynes
    class 222: Sheffield to Nottingham(Im not doing St.pancras to Bedford because if they did they would have to redesign the SEHS mainline And probably turn it into a rush hour route due to it having more than one operator in the station but If they can make journeys and expansions for Koln/aachen they can certainly do Sehs.
    Now for second suggestion we could have the class 180 adelante(nowhere train) Sunderland - hartlepool(No stations between) Or lastly the The Class 175 from Holyhead to Llandudno Junction (45 mins but can be shortened like Koln to Aachen).

• Like Like x 9
  2. jack travers

class 175:
    [​IMG]
    class 180:[​IMG]
    and Finally to end this off this is why i think the Kings cross to Peterborough and st pancras to bedford won’t come:
    As i stated earlier if we were to add EMR dtg has to redesign SEHS then for Kings X to Ph if u are payinh attention when arriving into St. Pancras you have probably tried finding Kings cross and it isn’t there so if they were to add a new route to kings X again SEHS would need a full redesign for The station, the scenery and for the timetables. If they will add Kings X they don’t even have to add in service trains to Kings X when in SEHS same goes for Kings X service when passing St pancras dtg doesn’t have to add in service trains

Last edited: May 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Don’t think we all know that since it’s wrong.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

Indeed we've also had the class 101 and the 150, but we haven't had a new first party DMU since NTP, so another one would be nice.

• Like Like x 2
  5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well I would say the 150 is half a DMU due to all the issues…

But yes we need a whole host of new DMU’s and routes to run them on. The Voyagers are a good shout as, love or hate them, can be seen right across the network from Penzance to Aberdeen.

At least one more heritage unit, maybe a 108.

A decent Sprinter - 158 possibly.

A Pacer 142 or 143.

Not forgetting a Thumper of some kind.

• Like Like x 7
  6. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

7. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

If this occurs let’s hope audio spot on unlike class 150 dmu

8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Why propose the intercity DMUs which would basically do end to end runs and not the workhorse sprinters or 170 which could be used on loads of lines, both local and regional

The 150/153/156 could be put on any regional as the local stopper route from the 90s to now. The 158 was a regional semi-fast train and ran from Birmingham, Manchester, Cardiff, Bristol and across Scotland. The 170 is used in Cross Country's fleet extensively all the way from Cardiff and Manchester to Nottingham and Norwich.

Give me something which can be used on loads of routes above the ones which call nowhere other than the big cities

9. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

The Class 180 would be a fantastic dlc for GWE, much needed for extra play options.
    There are many classes of DMU/DEMU that have operated on the routes we currently have that are not yet available in game.

10. OldVern

Class 180 would be useful if we ever got the Cotswold or Malvern lines.

Sadly in service they used to prove quite troublesome and from a Train Running Controller’s POV a bit of a nightmare. Prone to electrical faults which tended to strand the unit. Couldn’t be assisted by anything else so generally meant waiting for a fitter to arrive by road from Old Oak Common.

11. ARuscoe

That was my thought. On GWE they should be a scenic asset, generally on fire

• Like Like x 2
  12. jack travers

completely forgot since i never play west cornwall local

13. jack travers

!Edit! I completely forgot about the class 150 dmu and the class 101 doesn’t fit in this era that’s why it wasn’t included

14. jack travers

101 wasn’t included cus it doesn’t fit in this era

15. jack travers

because we already have a workhorse type sprinter (166) that’s why i said intercity sprinter

Last edited: May 28, 2022
  16. ARuscoe

165s & 6 operated specifically the Thames corridor into London and associated branches going as far out as Oxford. That leaves just about all of the country to populate with diesels. The 220 would be fine as they get to a lot of places with XC but for the most part they're still intercity trains

17. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

There are a fair few routes that could benefit from a new DMU, as some random examples:

Great Western: 165, 180
    West Somerset: 115, 117
    Trans-Pennine: 124
    Tees Valley: 142, 143
    Diesel Legends: 117
    West Cornwall: 121

• Like Like x 1
  18. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

Or at least wait until you fix, improve, STOP neglecting and/or being lazy with the American routes.

19. jack travers

Yeah i’d put them in the intercity commuter instead of Intercity sprinter bracket

20. jack travers

Don’t like american trains at all I only got that one route so i can have new york pen and use the ICE 3m in there

21. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

I don't think they need to redesign one route to accommodate new (overlapping) scenery in another. ECW and BML both share Brighton, yet they work independently without problem. If anything ECMLS is more likely because some assets are already in game.

22. jack travers

but they used the same station unlike a Kings X route they would have to add st pancras because thameslink. But what would be the point to add St. Pancras to a Kings X route but not Kings X to SEHS

23. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Long ago I suggested the South Devon Main Line, including the class 802 'IET' and 158 'express sprinter' as standard, and the class 150 'sprinter', 143 'pacer' and 221 'super voyager' as optional DLC. Seeing this line of DMU's be gradually introduced would be great and I think this lineup would considerably bolster TSW's collection of UK DMU's with both brand new and somewhat older classes.

24. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

I totally agree with this. We have been let down hugely by the catastrophic errors released with the 150/2. I’d love DTG to take over that unit and make it actually drive and sound like the real thing, but would also love a Class 158, 153, 220/221, Pacer etc The game is lacking these iconic 2nd Gen DMUs

• Like Like x 1
  25. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Thameslink uses the lower platforms at St Pancras, thus requiring a separate model to the main station above ground. No services go between the ECML and St Pancras and vice versa, so they can be scenic assets only and not player-accessible areas. It would likely improve performance too.

• Like Like x 1
  26. ARuscoe

St Pancras is in effect Three stations, one of which is split into two sections
    Section 1 is the HS1 station which is split into Eurostar and SEHS. They have separate platform accesses and gatelines and are run by separate companies but both filter out onto the HS1 line.
    Section 2 is the MML station, where only EMR trains go to and terminate.
    Section 3 is the Thameslink station which is underground and uses letters rather than numbers for it's platforms.
    Both section 2 & 3 feed out onto the MML lines about half a mile north of the station

In Game each of these can be separate, with the gateline being the end of the player access (as is the case in the current SEHS)

But yes KGX and STP would need to be scenic assets in any DLC involving the other as the two major stations are about 100m apart with a single road in between so you could definitely see one from the other (indeed the lines coming out from SEHS pass directly over the lines out from KGX)

• Like Like x 1
  27. jack travers

thank you someone that understands me

28. jack travers

yeah I like that route more but i wouldn’t mind seeing birmingham new street

• Like Like x 1
  29. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Birmingham New Street is a good shout. Probably wrong era but I'd love the 'Bubble car' to make an appearance or the 117/119.

• Like Like x 1
  30. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Yes and how about a British 1.60m Irish Gauge DMU the NIR 3000 & 4000 series. Matching routes are Belfast (UK Northern Ireland)-Dundalk (Republic of Ireland) requires NIR UK trains to be equipped with CAWS Ireland. Commuter Belfast Larne
    NIR 4000 DMU
    [​IMG]

31. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Would like to see 220,221 in cross country livery. so u could have the HST. I hope the class 158 makes an appearance though.

32. jack travers

wouldn’t mind seeing belfast in tsw 2 throw in Great victoria street and Belfast central and this is a purchase

33. jack travers

Agreed but which route

34. WVUadam

That's quite tricky as you want variety in game play but with long route length.
    So I would say , South Wales mainline or
    Sheffield to Leeds with both route's to Leeds so through Barnsley & Swinton ( maybe Doncaster in this route too). Your get access to fast , semi fast and commuter service's.

35. ARuscoe

I thought the South Wales runs for XC are done by 170s?

Birmingham to Cheltenham might be a shout, but there's a lot of local traffic going on South of Birmingham so would need a few other locos / units to make it work

• Like Like x 2
  36. WVUadam

Yes that's right through to Cardiff - Nottingham service's.
    Birmingham to Cheltenham would be good idea. Then the other locos could be dlcs.

• Like Like x 1
  37. elarthur

For me personally, I would like to see the following types in game...

Class 117 for DLOGW
    Class 121 for DLOGW
    Class 123 for DLOGW and NTP
    Class 124 for NTP
    Class 128 for DLOGW and NTP
    Class 141 for NTP
    Class 142 or 143 for TVL
    Class 165/1 for GWE
    Class 180 for GWE
    Class 201-207 for any Southern route
    Class 210 for use on GWE route with both variants (top of my list)

Many of these would add a lot of atmosphere to the routes we already have. I would love to hear others thoughts on this list as most are era appropriate with a couple of exceptions.

• Like Like x 2
  38. ARuscoe

That's a fair amount of body types... Are there three or four "shells" which could be reused on various routes and be (even partly) close to accurate?

39. elarthur

The Class 201-206 were pretty similar to each other. The Class 210 used the Mk3 body shell. Pacers are vaguely similar to each other. The Class 165/1 and 180 were each fairly unique designs with Class 165 almost identical to the 166 we already have. This just leaves the first generation dmus which had a bit more variety in design between types.

Last edited: May 31, 2022
  40. ARuscoe

That's kind of what I was expecting...
    The more we can get in game that is easy enough to do a pack for the better (to my mind). Minor variations shouldn't always mean a full rebuild

• Like Like x 2
  41. OldVern

IIRC the Class 206’s were formed with a surplus Hastings driving motor and saloon car then an EPB driving trailer on the other end, hence the Tadpole nickname as the Hastings cars were built to a narrower loading gauge for the line between Tunbridge Wells and St Leonards. The non corridor EPB car was usually locked out of use, leaving only two cars available for passengers.

• Like Like x 1
  42. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

Certainly would be nice to see more DMU in the game, the class 165 and class 180 are probably best to hope for as we have GWE and they have used the 180 on the past and not sure if they still run the 165 or not.

Would certainly buy a unit add on for GWE if it contained either of these or both.

Can keep dreaming of a Voyager or Meridian, personally I do all the time. As stated a 170 or similar would be better with a new route.

Looking at past releases though I don't have any hopes up as US freight and German routes seem to take up majority of DG thought's.

Be nice to have a new substantial uk route set fairly modern with DMUs has for me SEHS and London commuter became less fun fairly quickly.

GWE holds up but considering been playing it since the founders edition with no DLC might be all can hope for in term of diesels

• Like Like x 1
  43. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I actually bought TSW2 for GWE tbh a bit disappointed it only went as far as Reading. but like you said it would be great for another Loco/DLC for it. If they done a bubble car or the 117 my life would be almost complete but alas DTG don't seem to want to do Loco DLC any more.

• Like Like x 1