Remove The Need To Be At Rte And Bby Stations Until A Certain Time On Northbound Amtrak Trains

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mateiule, Jun 5, 2022.

1. Mateiule

Mateiule Active Member

In real life, Amtrak trains do not pick up passengers north of Providence, and only stay in the station until everyone who wants to leave the train has left. I propose that this change is reflected in Boston Sprinter, where currently you must be in Route 128 and Back Bay until time XYZ and load passengers.

2. Amtrak_Fan

Amtrak_Fan Well-Known Member

That's is weird, but also understandable considering that Bos, and Pvd are the two biggest stations in 42 miles. Also they do pick up passengers north of providence, however only when its a southbound heading towards providence. But yea, that's kind of odd, but then again dovetail would most likely just change the "pick up passengers" to "drop off passengers". You make a valid point though!

3. Mateiule

Mateiule Active Member

Yeah, I meant to say that it's for northbound ones. But again, I wanted you to be able to only have to stay in the station for a minute or so and not until the scheduled time, so you can finish your runs faster.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Amtrak_Fan

Amtrak_Fan Well-Known Member

Agreed. Not to mention as well that the time to get there is ridiculously early, considering if your driving at the actual speeds for the ACS-64 and not the Acela. if you wanna see the track speeds for the ACS-64 for the route ill link the employee timetable.