Dovetail Live Games Always Crashing Since Steam Trainset

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by rat7_mobile, Jun 19, 2022.

1. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

his is an example of the crash log sent

LoginId:879ddfba4fe0a921da895ba85c03d1f8
    EpicAccountId:

LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 3983] Retry was NOT sucessful.

TS2Prototype_Win64_Shipping
    kernel32
    ntdll

2. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

Hi rat7_mobile,

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing technical difficulties, and we would like to help you.

Firstly, we would highly recommend that you visit our Official Dovetail Support site and carefully work through the Experiencing Technical Issues Guide.

In most cases, simply working through these steps one by one and testing afterwards will resolve the issue. However, if you do require further assistance, we will need you to raise a support ticket and attach all the information which was requested in Step 12.

If you do not have a Dovetail Support account yet, you will need to register here: https://dovetailgames.freshdesk.com/support/signup
    (Please remember to check your emails, so you can verify your account)

Once you have logged into Dovetail Support, you may raise a new support ticket here: https://dovetailgames.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

3. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/experiencing-a-crash.51610/

4. rat7_mobile

All of the stepp were previosuly done

When attempted to create an account I am told that the login is not accepted, as it requires a password, however the creation process you can not create a password

5. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

you should get an email I believe and I think you can at some point sort your password from that

6. rat7_mobile

since any emails from unknown email address gets automatically deleted, I will never be able to use website

I find this ridiculous that we need to use 2 differents forum to maybe get some customer service support

7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Change your email settings so that you can accept the emails. Once you have the email required you can add it to your trusted contacts and then set your email settings back.
    One forum and one support system. They are separate things and the support system is the one you need for this problem as the forum isn’t set up to deal with it, it’s more for chatting between members, suggestions and more general bugs but not individual computers crashing.

The only thing that is ridiculous is you not allowing yourself to get the help you require. Everyone has told you how to do it. Everybody wants you to get the help you need… except you yourself it seems.

• Like Like x 2
  8. rat7_mobile

Well then, just close this request on this forum, since it seems there no customer support available that use modern communication, but only dinosaur system like email

ps if I could change the server I would but I do not own the server, the other way would be for the website that is so needy for an email to provide the information about the email so it would not treated like spam

9. Knightfire1964

It isn't treated like spam to me spam filters will just think from what common emails you get and any that seem out of place will go into the spam folder. Obviously no one else has had this issue as no one else has said they have ever had an issue with the support system

10. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Don't see how email is a dinosaur system and forums are not. Been using both emails and forums since the early 90s...

If your email server doesn't provide you with whitelisting capabilities then I would suggest changing servers as yours isn't that great

11. Knightfire1964

I really can't seem to figure out what is the issue with just putting an your email that you have in the sign up how else do you make an account on websites? Most customer support I have used has been through via emails

12. rat7_mobile

The email server let any email from any contact in the contact list through, anything else is automatically destroyed, which is the perfect way to keep email under control

As or most places, all you have to do is provide the email adress, create the password and you are in

PS most support are now using some kind of chat, and the forum is the next best thing, as for email unless you spend your days looking at the mailbox, it may take days/week before you will read an email.

anyway might just delete the access to this forum, as it looks like there is no customer support with DTG.

I will just keep the game like it is, hoping that at some point a patch will let me finish the Journey with the steam trainset

13. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Actually this is an annoyance for anyone who maintains the email system but I guess it's fine if you don't want to sift through an endless chain of nonsense. As someone who works for multiple companies and has about 13 different email addresses over various domains I would prefer open mailboxes rather than closed

Nandos require two factor authentication to buy chicken...
    I need to use my facial recognition to access my bank
    Not everyone is happy with lax security

Again, might be you. Most people I work with look at their emails about the same as texts etc... dozens of times a day

Good luck with that then!

14. rat7_mobile

this is an answer from the "technical support team"

hank you for getting in touch.

We understand that you are having a rough time, getting Train Sim World 2 to work as intended on your computer, and we are sorry to hear about your experience.

However, this is a community forum, which is monitored by the Community Team. All customer support enquires should be directed to https://dovetailgames.freshdesk.com.

Before you submit a ticket, we would highly recommend that you complete our Experiencing Technical Difficulties Guide:
    https://dovetailgames.freshdesk.com...les/80000896131-experiencing-technical-issues

If your email client is having trouble receiving our emails, we would suggest that you try logging in with a Google/Twitter/Facebook account to save you from having to create a dedicated account for Dovetail Support.

[​IMG]

and this is what I wrote back :

unfortunately, I do not have Google account, or Twitter, or Facebook, the reason why you want us to use such system to login, is to access information which would otherwise not be accessible by the game provided information, and most likely sell such information

PS if you had bother to read when I first posted on this technical forum, you would have noticed that I had already did all your suggestions and everything come out as normal, but your are still denying any support

with the current experience, I get that the "customer support" or "technical support" is just a scam, and the difficulties created in accessing said "support" is meant to discouraged anyone that would have any issue with your product

Your "support" is like all those "feedback" and it all goes in the garbage without ever being looked at, so all those issue that you flushing away by denying access to the "support" is the same

The denying scam is to avoid paying for any kind of support, while at the same time denying people for using the game, which you could not care more about, as the money can never be refunded and you did get the money in your pockets

your actions are basically highway robbery, and you should be ashame of working for such no-honesty business

15. Knightfire1964

i mean its not a scam lol they would seriously be breaking GDPR if they were which you i take it you don't even have proof that they have or would