Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap Update 7th June 2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Jun 7, 2022.

1. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

"Rush Hour passengers" refers to the additional variety and pathing options made available by the passenger upgrade released with the Rush Hour core game update rather than it bearing any specific relation to what someone might expect passenger quantities to be during a rush hour period
    The pres crew have likely implemented the variety side without implementing anything with a new bell curve model for passengers.
    There's also a glitch in the RH passenger system where loads of people get on at the starter station, and 98% or more get off at the first stop, so your train looks great and full out of the first station, and empty forever more thereafter

2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

So basically players aren't getting what was advertised when DTG created this system then?

• Like Like x 3
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If the passengers were to appear on NTP they would not get much info from the PIS on the stations as they have the same bug as they did on TVL with all screens showing just a selection of the departures of one platform. I noticed this on an eerily empty Huddersfield station while being stuck on a Marsden to Leeds 101 service at a permanent red signal due to the track being set for an oil train with no driver holding up trains in both directions. Rage quit and a much needed soothing cup of tea enabled. The NTP update has not been as successful as the GWE update it appears.

• Like Like x 3
  4. ARuscoe

They're getting most of it but not all as it stands it seems

• Like Like x 2
  5. trainman#3206

trainman#3206 New Member

Hello, I just got an 314 MB small update for TSW2. Does anybody know what was updated?? The update was scheduled for July, 5th.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

I really hope the new Train is a train dlc for cathcart circle. It's about time we get more Scottish content. I hope it's the class 380 because it would be the first desiro for TSW2.
    Here is my arrival for this Dlc request: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/class-380-for-cathcart-circle.54802/#post-487782

• Like Like x 1
  7. TSW Nathan

Dunno

8. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

There are some notes in an announcement section about an update today's

• Like Like x 1
  9. TSW Nathan

Rivet Games apparently leaked it is going to be for Isle of Wight

• Like Like x 1
  10. ARuscoe

This was taken from a screen shot of someone's development schedule which included the 484 as an item on that list

• Like Like x 2
  11. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

That's not possible! Proof being Microsoft have been chasing update breakages ever since they released XP. There's always going to be an issue with updates to fix one thing causing unintended issues elsewhere as they can only test them on a clean system. They can't replicated everyone's system and that's part of what causes the unintended issues

12. ARuscoe

Not just that. Because they're working with a few hundred (if not more) interrelated and interacting systems whenever they make one change it can impact dozens of others across unrelated DLC and if they make core changes that can affect EVERY DLC. An example is someone reporting they're getting derails when decoupling on a certain scenario, probably because of a change to the buffer dynamic in the core (which Matt spoke about on the last roadmap stream)

It's a complex beast

• Like Like x 1
  13. tft#6439

tft#6439 Well-Known Member

Can the class 43 be added to livery designer next update?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Yes, indeed. Matt has gone into detail in streams about specific bugs that had their origin elsewhere from the symptom. Finding the first domino can be pretty complex, especially with as many possible trails as you have in software.

15. ARuscoe

And then you find the domino is actually a brick, or another domino further down the line has been glued to the table... It's frustrating but it's their business...

16. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

From what I understand one of the issues with the HST is the GWR logo as its actually built into the model itself.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

It’s strange that they don’t just use the unreleased FGW HST model, as that has no logo attached to it.

• Like Like x 5
  18. twiggy#9635

twiggy#9635 Well-Known Member

Yeah I don’t see why they don’t use that, it also has the better interior imo

• Like Like x 4
  19. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Didn't they say that the HST was in the works for the livery designer sometime recently or am I imagining that?

20. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Livery Designer compatibility is moving at its own schedule, because there is only one dev assigned to it.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I am not wholly familiar with the livery designer, but the all white model that you start with still has the original interior doesn't it? I mean they didn't make a blank or unlogoed version especially for the livery designer for any of them so far?

22. solicitr

LD doesn't affect interiors at all- you get the stock one.

23. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

And it’s not just PCs. On Ipad, which is the same for everyone (with slight variations for versions of hardware but nowhere near the variations of PC hardware), never a week goes by without a bug fix update to Outlook.

24. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

They did, and they said it wasn’t currently too far off

• Like Like x 1
  25. tft#6439

tft#6439 Well-Known Member

but they could use the FGW version as the template

26. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

I just took a look at this thread again and… Oh wow, 8 pages! That’s half a book!
    Well because at the moment I only have little time, is there anything new on the German route or the Br420?

27. ARuscoe

In short
    no

• Like Like x 2
  28. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

So when I stated, "say anything positive", what I mean is something that is positive, regarding fixing the incomplete products you release. So please don't think I expect you to say thank you after every message, just focus on being reputable and actually change the negative approach that your company has and resolve the issues that have plagued all of your DLC.

You are damaging your brand and this clearly does not mean that much to you.

• Like Like x 4
  29. locobilly

locobilly Well-Known Member

Just more UK dlc please, one steam route set in England does not counterbalance the plethora of German and American dlc we've been bombarded with recently. DTG as a UK company please remember your UK fanbase.

• Like Like x 5
  30. marcsharp2

We had a plethora of UK DLC's last year so I'm not surprised we've had less this year, plus Spirit of Steam was a huge project so I'm happy with the stuff available at the minute.

• Like Like x 1
  31. marcsharp2

I know the Bakerloo line upgrade was due during this road map, Is that still the plan or has it been temporarily pushed back until next month?

• Like Like x 2
  32. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

We had SEHS , wcl , GCC and BML last year , so why we can’t get that this year is a bit of a mystery

• Like Like x 2
  33. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Considering they have only released 3 routes this year, as HSC was Skyhook. They are still following the same pattern as they have for the last 2 years. Just this year they have slowed down on production because they game was so broken.

But so far this year it has been German, US and UK. So if they follow the pattern this upcoming roadmap they will probably announce new UK route.

You never mentioned the other non UK DLC that came out last year. Its all equal.

Tecnically WCL is a Rivet route not DTG so lets get rid of that one.

They came out with, in order SEHS (UK) Clinchfield (US) Hamburg (GER) Cathcart (UK) Boston (US) Dresden (GER) BML (UK) Sherman Hill (US)

Looks like the same pattern to me and they have repeated over the last 3 months that this year will be slower than usual so that they can take a pause and fix the bugs.

So where is the mystery? Everything is going as usual except for the lull in DLC which they have told us about many times.

Looks pretty clear to me.

• Like Like x 2
  34. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

overall. i think, the community is starting to question whether rivet games should even make routes for TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Coastway trainspotter

Routes ? No
    Locos ? Yes

36. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

You certainly don't speak for the community, personally I enjoy both Arosa and Luzern. Arosa fixes took way too long to come out but since the update it's a really run.

I really hope Rivet ignore sections of the community and continue to produce routes which will never see the light of day otherwise.

• Like Like x 6
  37. ARuscoe

Problem is this is likely based on incomplete values
    Routes No, but then they basically did Cathcart which is acknowledged as one of the best more well formed routes in the game, though they did then do Cornwall and made a mash of it. Works both ways
    Locos Yes, but then this is incomplete. Maybe loco PHYSICS should be no (thinking the class 150 and how that's totally rubbish physics wise) and maybe even sounds, but they do do good modelling

• Like Like x 1
  38. marcsharp2

You don't speak for me.

• Like Like x 2
  39. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Or for me, I always wince when I see the phrase "the community............................."!

I certainly do think WCL isn't good enough, which has stopped me purchasing it, and if they don't improve the class 150 physics in particular it will make me a more wary about purchasing their next lot of products. However, they have made some good products for TSW and their TSC products are very good which many seem to be overlooking, so I am not sure they deserve quite the amount of angst they are receiving. Some of it is bordering on being unpleasant.

• Like Like x 6
  40. solicitr

Not exactly. They did trackside assets for Cathcart. GCC was "basically" done by DTG.

• Like Like x 1
  41. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

I think it's due to their miscommunication, like DTG for that matter.

42. solicitr

Rivet's locos remind me of a kit car- looks like a Ferrari, but underneath it's a VW Beetle.

• Like Like x 2
  43. Coastway trainspotter

I feel like sounds are a general problem across the board and not just rivet games - their loco modelling is superb , the only exception being the 150

44. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

Or me! The only issue I have ever had with any Rivet content is the numbering of their 37/5! On the route it seems to be limited to 2 numbers and those numbers are prominent in livery designer. The routes are all enjoyable for me, any and all bugs that are present aren't big or bad enough to put me off buying and playing the routes and I managed to get WCL the day they pulled it and held it back for a fortnight to fix issues they found!

• Like Like x 3
  45. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

They do speak for me I stopped buying Rivet products after Arosa. It took 9 months to fix it. But it still looks barren and I never play it.

Same with WCL what a barren and poorly done route and timetable. It makes me wonder what the heck the release would of looked like if DTG didn't step in and assist them remember it originally was only going to have 2 locos, DTG revamped the timetable and added the extra stock. And it was only going to be as far up the line as Truro.

Its bad when the TSC and even the Trainz route looks better. But you are all free to have your opinions.

And the Zbahn route is only half a route and only 1 rolling stock. I will admit the scenery did improve for that route bit it is way to short and only has 1 rolling stock.

Oh and it had DTG assistance as well and was pushed back.

It feels like their stuff is always incomplete. Even the locos, 482 has no physics. The 204 is labelled wrong its really a 202 model. The Arosa loco took 9 months to get it working properly, the 1938 stock was a joke with sound and physics. We all know about the 150. And the FLIRT is missing a whole bunch.

So I don't really understand why anyone buys their stuff personally

• Like Like x 1
  46. ARuscoe

The model itself is good enough, but the physics, programming and so on are less good
    You just spoke for yourself :D

• Like Like x 2
  47. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

What I think is happening is a few of the more critical voices within the community have decided that they know what everyone looks for in a route. I personally find WCL to be a fine route; but I personally enjoy the station design, the passenger dynamics and how true-to-life it feels. It’s not a great route, but it’s also not the nightmare tornado of evil that some people will have you think.

As for the UK loco, I do hope it’s something modern- I get that they aren’t everyone’s cup of tea but our last two UK routes did took place in the past. And I’m not all that keen on IOW so I think another loco for that one would just be a bit disappointing. The obvious choice is Thameslink but I’d like to see something for GWE, seeing as they’re on a roll now with the PIS updates.

• Like Like x 7
  48. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Apparently Rivet had issues trying to obtain a licence from GWR, and this was one of the reasons given why WCL is set in BR days. If this is the case and these stumbling blocks haven't been overcome then I doubt we'd see anything for GWE from them. Unless they stretched the limits of reality and produced a Elizabeth Line Class 345.

I mean Rivet do have form for mixing eras after all.

49. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

The extra stock which is totally unsuitable for the period the route was set in, as well as being incorrect in many others ways. That and the class 150 physics are the two main reasons why I never purchased WCL.

• Like Like x 2
  50. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

That’s a damn shame. To be honest I think modern Britain would be better served by a new route rather than a logo. Something in the north, since all British routes set in the modern day seem to revolve around London.

• Like Like x 3