Australian Route Ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Blazin, Mar 10, 2022.

1. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

As an Australian myself I have been begging for any Australian route. And a while ago a New Zealand route was made and put on the Steam store, so there is hope for a third party developer or for dovetail to make an Australian route. If you have any ideas for an Australian route, feel free to add them to this thread!

• Like Like x 2
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

How about the Perth Mandurah Line that can work here & TSW 2. My Mum's sister lives off the Wellard Railway station.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I had suggested a line through Sydney at some point in a past post. I think I went for Melbourne to Sydney, but that's way too long, so I recognized it would need likely at least five parts, and thus is not viable. So something through Sydney seems more appropriate as major cities are too distant.

• Like Like x 1
  4. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Any Sydney City Rail Route with a Tangara would do for me. Surprised that there hasn’t been one so far as I believe Matt Peddlesden lived in Sydney for awhile. You never know they may have one in the planning.

5. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

The amount of overhead to get there to research, plus licenses, means it is near impossible. It would have to be a third party, I think.

6. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I agree, but still live in hope!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

An Australian route I would definitely love is the Kuranda Scenic Railway: Cairns - Kuranda. It's a beautiful route that goes up a mountain to Kuranda, with stunning waterfalls, a couple tunnels and bridges. Here are some photos.
    kuranda-scenic-rail.jpg
    bb74b94f-404c-4fbb-85ec-fdce98acf3a3-13969-cairns-kuranda-scenic-railway-heritage-class-01.jpg
    f0.jpg
    KSR-stopped-at-Barron-Falls1.jpg
    7-8.jpg
    Since I live in Cairns, every now and then I take the ride on this train and I love it every time. I would certainly love to drive this train in Train Sim!

• Like Like x 4
  8. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

Someone is actually working on a Central Coast & Newcastle line.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...-2020-central-coast-and-newcastle-line.25052/

Definitely would love to see the Kuranda line in TS - could also have the Savannahlander as a separate DLC. If you have the outeniqua Choo Tjoe route, there's a SAR Class 24 steam loco - could be reskinned into Cairns Kuranda Steam railway livery.

The easiest route to do would be the BHP Pilbara region - We already have the locos as they use US locos, however slightly modified.

SD70Ace/LCi
    1280px-BHPB_Iron_Ore_4308_+_4373.jpg

Dash 9
    Pilbara_Iron,_Tom_Price_to_Dampier_Railway.jpg
    More info about what stock is used and heaps of reference pics can be found here:
    https://www.pilbararailways.com.au/index2.php

• Like Like x 5
  9. Mortu5

Mortu5 Well-Known Member

Supporting this and any Australian route. Would love to see an Aussie railway in Train Simulator.

• Like Like x 3
  10. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

NSW Main South-VR NE, also NSW Illawarra South Coast.
    Both in Trainz and both excellent. If there is an Australian Trainz community, capable of creating routes.
    Then surely there must be similar for TSC.

• Like Like x 1
  11. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Kuranda Scenic Railway in Cairns, The Puffing Billy in Melbourne and the City Rail network in Sydney I have been fortunate to have ridden on many times and would love to see some of these wonderful routes in the DTG games and have added them to the DTG suggestion list on both games.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  12. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

Also, I'd go with any Brisbane suburban/interurban route.

We virtually have the same signalling system as the UK in the suburban area, including AWS ramps and such - just running on 1067mm tracks, which can be obtained with any Japanese or South African route.

• Like Like x 1
  13. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The electrification system on Brisbane routes is 25kv 50hz since its 1979 inauguration then 1980s the coal lines.

14. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

They could fairly easily redo their HST model into an Aussie XPT and model one of the routes the XPT ran on.

• Like Like x 2
  15. pogboyw21

pogboyw21 New Member

I always wanted to see the Puffing Billy Railway added to Train Simulator. There really needs to be more narrow gauge and Australian routes in Train Simulator.

16. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Would love this route in the game.
    Would be amazing to see this wonderful route produced for TSC or TSW. Had a very enjoyable ride to Kuranda and return through the rainforest above on the cable car.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  17. MRFS

MRFS Staff Member

Oh, Colac-Crowes..... Before it was trimmed back to Weeaproinah.

18. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

The Cockatoo Run, Port Kemble to Moss Vale Steam railway would be another excellent addition. Australia has some tremendous potential which would bring the game to life.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022