Keep Getting Signal Passed At Danger, Spirit Of Steam

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Jimvectis, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Jimvectis

Jimvectis New Member

So I've seen a few threads about this but none on the playstation forum.
    I am stuck on Express Freight: Northampton - Edge Hill as I keep getting scenario failure signal passed at danger despite the fact there are no signals anywhere around. I found one fix that said wait for 10 minutes at the first signal then go but while I was waiting it said I passed a signal at danger!
    Is anyone else stuck on this ome?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is the cause of your problem but there have been cases where A.I. drivers have gone through a red signal causing us to forfeit the run.

3. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

08:18 Northampton - Edge Hill is a well documented timetable working that is bugged for SPAD, most likely caused by an AI train somewhere, it should be fixed at some point in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  4. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Yes it's happened to me yesterday after the update was installed , but I believe it was a thing before the update. Have you list5ed it in the tech forum? If not I will do it later this afternoon.

Hentis

5. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Sadly it was not included in this update, hopefully will be in the next.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jimvectis

Jimvectis New Member

Just did, thanks

• Like Like x 1
  7. davemc#8546

davemc#8546 New Member

Yes I kept getting derailed in the yard and then I got passed at danger when 20 yards before the signal.

8. keith_gilham

keith_gilham Active Member

I hateeee this one!!! Either get de railed coming down the grade because I’ve dared add a smidge of brake… or it tells me I’ve ran the red when it’s still 50 insert expletive yards away!!!

just one dlc just one!! Would it be possible to progress more than 5% into the dlc!!

I’m also sorry but “fixed at some point” isn’t really an acceptable answer! Next time (ha) I’m in the store and press the buy now button and it only took five quid I’d bet they’d fix that in no time!

9. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Had this issue (also after derailing at the bottom of the grade where the red signal waits), it’s definitely an ai train causing the spads, but it is a completable service, the spad issue isn’t consistent. My successful run happened after getting the 8f up and running without delay, down to the signal, stopped and started as soon as the first signal was clear.

10. keith_gilham

Well good news folks after todays update I just tried this scenerio again…. Didn’t derail before the first signal, didn’t get service failed for running the non existent red at the stop… but about 2 miles up just after clearing the tunnel oh look failed for a non existent red light!! Can I get a job as a tester for your games?? It’s clear you just get paid for doing sod all!! Unbelievable !!! But I’m glad the vending machines are on stations

11. keith_gilham

Ha even better it’s a floating red I just failed entering the system

12. hydraulicfan

hydraulicfan New Member

Just played the same train (0818 off Basford Hall). Managed to get through the Independent Line tunnel without incident but just as I joined the down fast on the WCML I had a SPAD at yet another non-existent signal… Was travelling at 14mph over a 15mph restriction.

Played again and same result. Passed the signal with green and feathers to take me onto the WCML and game ended due to a SPAD. Think this was a few yards before the above incident but not sure.

13. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

14. keith_gilham

has anyone from dtg actually looked at this yet? Such a brilliant effort to make the steam to be ruined by a random spad is complete and utter “male sperm producing organs” so now it’s just another broken dlc there’s no point in playing as it just fails for no reason! As previously stated can I please be a beta tester for the console version as you clearly either don’t bother or he is a complete tool!

15. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Probably not! I submitted a ticket with all that info in, got a ticket resolved message! Their ticket system is also broken, how do I submit a ticked about a ticket :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. keith_gilham

Haha lol about right… I just filled out the joke of a statement form in the report an issue bit “we are aware of some scenerios and timetables being broken due to ai traffic and red lights” SOME?? im sure that’s a typo surely you meant EVERY SINGLE DLC since the great amazing “Rushed out” update we had.. that fiver dtg spent on the design for changing the start screen etc

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jimvectis

Jimvectis New Member

Yeah, I have tried again, the derailling easily problem seems fixed but the random spad is still there.

• Like Like x 1
  18. jailbr3ak_acdc

jailbr3ak_acdc New Member

Still the same problem on PS5!!! I won't progress the DLC until it's fixed

19. tommatxyz#5472

tommatxyz#5472 New Member

Sorry for necro, but sadly, random SPAD still happening during "Express Freight: Northampton - Edge Hill"... I would like to know when do they intend to fix it :/

20. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

It's supposed to be in the next SoS update, but when that actually arrives is anyone's guess.

21. lockie#2098

lockie#2098 New Member

I found a work around for this that worked at least once.

Spawn on foot near the service you want to play a few minutes before it's scheduled. Sit in the driver's seat and it will give you the option to start the service.

This fixed the red signal at the turn table and I was able to finish the run. It did crash the game at the final stop but I was able to load a save from a few minutes prior and finish it normally.

22. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Interesting but of course if you need to clear the service as part of Journey mode, it won’t count if you pick it up on foot.

• Like Like x 1
  23. tft#6439

tft#6439 Well-Known Member