Please Help Stuck In Scenario

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by gleen41, Jul 15, 2022.

1. gleen41

gleen41 New Member

I am playing the Spirit of Steam DLC, and I am stuck on a scenario with no hope of passing. I am driving the 8F on the scenario titled "Express Freight: Northampton - Edge Hill" it gives me a direction to stop at a red signal, which I do. It then directs me to drive 25 miles forward. No more than a minute after setting off at the green signal, I fail and it says that I have passed a signal at danger when there is no signal. What is going on, and how can I solve this issue?

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

This is a known bug on the route, and it's not even you...
    Unfortunately the game is designed that a SPAD ends the scenario, and it's not just the player this applies to so a train somewhere is running a red light and that SPAD triggers the end of scenario warning

Only thing to do is skip that scenario and do the rest. There is no notice on when this bug may be fixed from DTG that I have seen

Also, this should be in tech reports... DTG Alex

3. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

At 08:26 a light engine at Liverpool Limestreet exits the turntable & passes a red signal ending the scenario for you.

4. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

5. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

This seems to be a recurring problem these days. Surely the obvious answer is to change it so that SPADs don’t end the service/scenario (as per Train Sim Classic) but to deduct points instead. You would still lose the points if an AI train SPADs but at least you won’t have your time wasted and the frustration of having to start again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

You can try again. Sometimes you may be lucky. It happened to me and I even thought they had fixed the issue.

7. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

This is absolutely what TSW needs. It would also help in a large percentage of the save game issues, where erroneous red signals prevent you making the required move. The only time it should be game over, is if the SPAD brings you into direct collision with another service.

8. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

I agree with the sentiment, but the challenge is the dispatcher. It only makes a path up to the red signal. You actually *can* drive through them if you try hard enough (google it), but if/when you succeed there is nothing moving anywhere once you pass it because the dispatcher isn't doing anything anymore.

Paul