Tsw 3 Southeastern High Speed - Big Improvement

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by daniel#4362, Aug 9, 2022.

1. daniel#4362

daniel#4362 Member

With TSW 3 now having being confirmed, and having a few teasers, we are now aware of the three upcoming routes within the base game. One of these is Southeastern High Speed. I have previously made posts on this subject however, I believe this is a good time to talk about the subject once again as TSW 3 is currently being developed. I really think it would be a huge improvement for the route in Southeastern High Speed to not only go to Ashford International (as shown in the trailer) but to continue the real life journey down to dover priory. This would include the following stops for both the Class 395, 375, 465

Class 395:

> Dover Priory [DVP]
    > Folkestone Central [FKC]
    > Folkestone West [FKW]
    > Ashford International [ASK]
    > Ebbsfleet International [EBD]
    > Stratford International [SFA]
    > St Pancras International [STP]

Class 375/465:
    > Dover Priory [DVP]
    > Folkestone Central [FKC]
    > Folkestone West [FKW]
    > Sandling [SDG]
    > Westernhanger [WHA]
    > Ashford International [ASK]

This extension to what has already been announced would very highly improve the Southeastern High Speed DLC, as people would be able to come from Dover Priory or Faversham, both these routes are also similar in time (approx. 1hour) I also believe that continuing the route further down to Dover Priory to correctly make the real life route would no be as hard anymore than it would be in TSW2 before the announcement. If the route has already been extended down to Ashford then the upper and lower platforms at Ebbsfleet international would have been correctly configured like real life. all that would need to be added is the final five stations to finally bring Southeastern High Speed route its notability.

Real Life Routes:

The Class 395 has a route in real life from St Pancras International to Dover Priory and vice versa and is the main route for Southeastern High Speed as it connects to HS1 (high speed one) after Ashford International. The Class 375s full route is from Ramsgate to London Charing Cross, however could be driven from Dover Priory to Ashford International. Undrivable trains could also be added as background traffic and would come into Dover Priory heading towards London Victoria or Ramsgate, and coming in from London Victoria and Ramsgate. These would include both the Class 395 and the Class 375.

Total Route Times:
    Class 395: Approx. 60 minutes
    Class 375: Approx. 30 minutes
    Class 465: Approx. 30 minutes

An Extra Note:
    It would be great for the game to include extra traffic for both trains and people while in St Pancras International, In person it is a very busy station, and needs to have more people walking the platforms and more trains (even if they are undriveable) coming in and out of the station in the other platforms, such as Eurostar and InterCity platforms. However, I understand this is difficult because of licensing agreements.

Final Note:
    If anyone knows how to make a dovetail games developer or employee see this post please let me know as I believe it would greatly improve the Southeastern High Speed DLC.

• Like Like x 5
  2. seandouglas

seandouglas Active Member

I think it would be better to have the route from Ashford Intl to Ramsgate or Margate via Dover Priory as a separate DLC, which can be merged with SEHS. Now that extensions are possible it would be great to see this expanded to mergers!

3. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

I agree extending down to Dover rather than across to Dartford would have made the route feel more complete, I guess they wanted longer journeys for the Class 465 specifically (even though they have ran to Dover regularly in the past both via Ashford and Faversham). I also hope the AI trains at Faversham, those bound for Ramsgate, actually make a left turn when departing Faversham instead of going straight on towards Dover (it doesn't look right!).

4. seandouglas

seandouglas Active Member

I
    t would also be easier to potentially merge with a North Kent Metro lines route, which would be a great addition to the game (but that's an entire suggestion in itself)

• Like Like x 1
  5. ItsYa165

ItsYa165 Well-Known Member

The Kent coast would probably be a separate DLC, I'd imagine as for something like the Chatham Mainline route in TSC. But if that was made, it would cause an uprising demand for the merge of 3 routes. SEHS, Chatham Mainline (would probably be called something stupid like Kent Commuter), and London Commuter.

I think they delivered this extension now because they want to cover enough of Kent to just leave it alone for while.

6. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

SEHS all ready has 1 extension. There is no need for another. Dtg should focus on upgrading other routes such as Cathcart Circle, East Coast way and LGV Méditerranée.

• Like Like x 3
  7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

They should have added Class 92 freight locomotive for HS1 Freight to Dollands Moor if extended to there

• Like Like x 1
  8. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

We should’ve have gotten an ReR extension for LGV a long time ago

• Like Like x 1
  9. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Yes we were all getting pumped it was going to be Preston to Carlisle or Chester to Holyhead with the big reveal coming like a kick in the canutes.

• Like Like x 2
  11. timbra

timbra New Member

Why sometimes using Class 395 my speed shows up as kmph and sometimes it's as mph?
    How does this work? There's no kilometers in the UK so why the HUD shows that after I launch the route?
    I found out that after I do something (I thought it's happening after save/reload but I checked it now so it's not) and my gauge swaps kmph into mph but what? Maybe it's a keybind I'm just pushing accidentaly? :/

12. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

km/h is used on HS1, not a bug

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. west coastway trains

west coastway trains Well-Known Member

The high speed lines from London to ebbsfleet and Ashford are kmph because the Eurostar operated under European measurements

• Helpful Helpful x 2