Awesome Tsw Service Mode Runs

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by JustWentSouth, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Sgt Salt

Sgt Salt New Member

Weird its only in that configuration if I start via journey and not service mode

• Like Like x 1
  2. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

If you want to tune up your ICE handling and LZB driving skills for Schnelfahrstrecke Kassel-Wurzberg, I recommend this Chaos Run on SKA which is reposted below. It works with both timetables. Do not expect a smooth ride!

When under LZB and AFB control there is a bit more to do than just push the SIFA button. If you want to keep things smooth for your passengers, you should feather the throttle so that it closely follows what LZB is doing. Also, take the throttle off when in a braking curve. Otherwise, the power jumps back abruptly.

SKA Chaos: ICE version

I started in the RE9 service out of Aachen at 13:16. I waited for the ICE at 13:40. It pulled into the platform at 13:32. In the meantime, my Regional is blocking inbound and outbound traffic.

At 13:40, the ICE will pull ahead a few meters to the red signal. At some point after that, you should head over to track 9 and climb in the driver’s seat of the ICE.

[​IMG]

How long you wait does not affect your ride in, only the opposing traffic that you see. It will be quite a roller coaster ride to Koln with you working the PZB, throttle, and brake until just outside of Duren. After that, LZB takes over, but the roller coaster doesn’t stop.

My battered ICE service sagged into Koln nearly 30 minutes late.

This was a fantastic run! I thoroughly enjoyed the multiple stops and near stops, especially before LZB took over. Highly recommended!

Here, the weary service trudges onward to Frankfurt:

[​IMG]

Remember that to restart after an LZB stop, you need to zero the throttle and then throttle up again.

This "scenario" works with RE9 services leaving Aachen at 07:16, 09:16, 11:16, 13:16, 15:16, 17:16, and 19:16.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  3. Switches3

Switches3 Well-Known Member

I believe I may have a GOAT nominee
    This run can be split up into 2 sections

Route: London Underground Bakerloo Line
    Train: 1938 Stock (Black Roof)
    Service: 231-11 Elephant & Castle-Harrow & Wealdstone
    OR
    Spawn at Queens Park at 12:45 and take over black roof 38 stock when it arrives.

GOAT nominee: This service so far on Bakerloo is the only run where you get constant yellows and reds through the entirety of it and you must be alert and prepared to slam the brakes multiple times because of short signaling spacing in the underground portion of the route.
    FFFB2291-EB43-4C86-8D63-55C3713A0624.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  4. JustWentSouth

A nice service on the SKA Expansion Pack timetable:
    S12 Hennef (Sieg) to Horrem at 08:49 with the 423.

The run continues to Duren as an ECS move and there is opposing traffic. It is hard to run HUDless before Horem unless you know the station locations. After, Horem, HUDless is recommended.

You wait for opposing traffic just outside of Horem. Be patient with the red.

5. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Somehow (perhaps due to absolute disinterest in passenger runs) I've managed to miss the meaning of a "Goat Run", so I'm asking for a brief definition, please.

6. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

GOAT = Greatest Of All Time

• Like Like x 1
  7. transport

transport Active Member

I had great fun on the IOW 484 scenario ‘blow me away’

8. JustWentSouth

Great! I don’t have this DLC. What made the scenario fun and what should I put in the description line? Thanks!

9. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

I definitely recommend getting the new IOW route, the Class 484 is brilliant and one of my favourite pieces of rolling stock in the game - have enjoyed it especially on scenario planner.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Choo choo

Choo choo Well-Known Member

The "Lonely Road" scenario on Kassel-Würzburg is quite unusual: you are only driving an ICE 1 Power car and stopping at sidings along the way to get overtaken. Not the most challenging one but I thought it was worthy of a mention!

• Like Like x 3
  11. seancrabtree2003

seancrabtree2003 Active Member

5J96 South Eastern High speed service to Ashford. This 12 car run is interesting with a unusual stop along the line while another train overtakes us. And other jobs that have to be done.

• Like Like x 2
  12. JustWentSouth

That was a fun scenario. Thanks! I recommend going HUDless and not using LZB. Top speed for the set up is 140 kph.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  13. squerble

squerble Active Member

Don't know if it was just me (i.e., I did something wrong) but every time I went to throttle minimum on the ICE1 car, the brakes started engaging. Made the journey a bit... rocky.

EDIT: I'm still doing the scenario right now. The "T" indicator light is lit the whole way so I guess because the train thinks the doors are open it's setting the brake like it would when you stop normally.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Jon from Rhode Island

Jon from Rhode Island Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this. That was tons of fun.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Choo choo

On SEHS, I would really recommend the following services (they are to be done in that order, as it is the same train performing different duties)
    5JK9 starting at 15:50 where you are taking out a double consist of the class 395 out of the sidings in Ashford in order to wash it
    5JK9 (part 2) starting at 16:13 where you will be changing cabs to get out of the sidings and driving the empty consist to St Pancras - be very careful when you get close to Stratford as you are following another train and you will get a red signal on the TVM dash, which is easy to SPAD if you are not decelerating enough.
    1T90 starting from St Pancras at 17:09. The particularity of that service is that you are uncoupling the 2 units and then driving out to Strood with the one that is in your control.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  16. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

I highly recommend services 1J11 and 1J86 on the new SEHS timetable, they take place respectively at 07.05 and 17.18. These are particularly good if you want to scratch the itch for high speed running prior to the TGV arriving...

1J11 is non-stop between Ashford until Stratford, and 1J86 non stop in the other direction, so you use the high speed lines to bypass Ebbsfleet at 225kmph.

I also highly recommend spawning at Ebbsfleet International on foot at 7.20am with winter weather, at around 07.24 you get a real railfanning treat...

Edited: Clarification

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  17. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

If you like pressing that AWS button then try 1E95 on SEHS (class 465). Multiple adverse signals, and if those OSS are operational (haven't experimented with that yet) then be careful!

I think that this must be one of the most immersive runs I've done in any train sim so far. The lighting, the 465s excellent sounds and physics , the dynamic weather and the signalling makes this run a joy. Had occasional light showers (dynamic) so you really have to be careful with slowing down!
    Things are getting better and better in this sim...

• Like Like x 2
  18. i like trains

i like trains New Member

On Kassel-Würzburg there is a quite special player-drivable service, which is hidden in the service selection. If you want to be surprised, just spawn on foot at Burgsinn station (the normal one with the platform) at 07:20 and take control of the train which arrives five minutes later.

You drive an early empty ICE 1 with only nine passenger coaches. The train arrives AI-controlled at Burgsinn station at approximately 07:26 (AI advances to the next exit signal in direction Würzburg (N602), then you can take over). Actual service start time is at 07:29, depature is 07:31.
    Then you go via Burgsinn Bbf all the way to a siding near Würzburg Hbf.

Quite a bit special in comparison to the regular passenger ICE services. Enjoy!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  19. JustWentSouth

That was a very enjoyable run! How did you possibly find it?

20. i like trains

i like trains New Member

Found it directly in the timetable using the Unofficial Editor. The formation was called something like "ICE Empty" and thus pretty eye-catching.

• Like Like x 2
  21. JustWentSouth

The 4 LGV runs on SEHS are all excellent and fun to drive. Thanks, Joe!

First of all, it's a great loco running a beautiful and challenging route. It is fun to feather the LGV throttle up and down the hills; it feels like a sports car compared to the 395.

9Z21: Marseille St Charles to Saint Pancras at 11:50. A short run where . . .
    . . . you get overtaken by another LGV at Stratford.

9Z22: St Pancras to Ashford. The full length run . . .
    . . . where you catch up to a Javelin service just outside Ebbsfleet and chase it to Ashford.

The two best IMHO:

9Z23: Ashford to St Pancras at 13:08. This is the grip it and rip it 300kph run, but . . .
    . . . you catch up with a service near Stratford and have TVM action into St Pancras.

9Z24: St Pancras to Marseille St Charles at 13:56. Another short run with . . .
    . . . SPAD potential at Stratford and TVM action into Ebbsfleet.

With all the timetable layers, 1J86 runs into a red light tangle just outside of Ashford - I submitted it in the technical report section. It works fine if you spawn on foot at St Pancras at 17:15 and take it over.

With that, we have our first post TSW3 update with the new sheet already filling out nicely:

TSW3 Recommended Service Runs:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...4lUuBrw-k2_y7FxuzH6mZ1m3Qu4YTfLViTfxQ/pubhtml

TSW Compatible Recommended Service Runs:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet..._wzt7qTCooxSTBW8pGAwYLs_ohsdDOcQOuZ4A/pubhtml

Chaos Runs:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...yCTbHVZrwBSBUUkPiiJGlTWfRXexfPn7kBVDw/pubhtml

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  22. Jon from Rhode Island

Been thinking about how interesting it could be if “chaos” was pre-programmed into the AI. You could set a slider introducing a delay variable to the schedule.

• Like Like x 1
  23. cloudyskies21

My first service recommendation in the TSW 3 era is from... London Underground Bakerloo Line!

Sometimes there are wow moments in this game, and this certainly was! More details below:

745-2 - 12:42 - London Road Depot to Stonebridge Park Depot

This was my first service on the route featuring the new timetable - and as said above, wow! Never has there been a service for me that required so much concentration, as someone who plays without the HUD, I even had to use it for the signals - especially for those which are on the right-hand side.

The service begins at a rather quiet London Road, and not long after departing the first red is encountered. What's great about this ECS move is you don't stop at any stations, but follow very closely behind a regular service - stop, start repeat! After a while, you actually get to see the train very close ahead at Regents Park at another red which is pretty cool.

After a plethora of further red signals, by the time you encounter Queens Park (it's now raining, I started the service in blue skies at London Road, thank you dynamic weather), you catch up again with the train right ahead. When that departs, you have a brief stop at another red at Queen's Park itself, and once green, before you have even fully left the platform, another AI service arrives behind - now that's busy! :o

As you continue towards Stonebridge Park, seeing all the epic static stock, from Class 43s to Class 20s, it's the Class 66 AI services which are awesome. Outside Harlesden, when you are stopped at signal WS31 at another red, note the Class 66 which passes above in the distance (see via external camera), while then almost instantly, another 66 with containers comes fast by on the left. :love:

One of the best 50 minutes I've ever had on TSW - please have more routes/timetables like this, if so, the future of this game looks very bright!

• Like Like x 8
  24. Veryfatbloke

Veryfatbloke Member

This sort of chaos! This was from March 2019, pre-pandemic when I was commuting daily from Ebbsfleet!

Attached Files:

25. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

I can recommend 1Z12: The charity Javelin (part 3) in TSW3
    it's the first time I've had to change power without stopping

• Like Like x 1
  26. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

That is every 10 minutes for a London St Pancras Bound Class 395. That means TVM-430 fest

27. adlian_cc203

adlian_cc203 Member

Hi! Thank you for your hard work in compiling them on google sheets. I want to kindly ask whether you can provide a link where I can have it as a shortcut in my Google Drive apps.
    The link above seems only to be able to be opened via a web browser and no way to save them as a shortcut. I already have the TSW Compatible Recommended Service Runs and Chaos Runs as shortcuts in my Google Drive from the previous links on the thread. Could you please provide one for the TSW3 Recommended Service Runs as well? Thanks!

28. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

A small correction - you have the West Cornwall Local scenario Slow Ride listed as featuring the Class 150/2. Actually it features the Class 37.

29. JustWentSouth

Is this a Greatest of All Time Nominee? Can't wait to try it, though I will need a bit of loco retraining!

Absolutely. I switched over to the PDF publishing format because I thought it looked better and was more readable. For those who would prefer the straight links, here they are:

TSW3 Recommended Service Runs
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ouid=108028767534258522758&rtpof=true&sd=true

TSW Compatible Recommended Service Runs
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/14YgilvnKZFc7TJXyqftRJ0I5yTMlMf81/view?usp=sharing

Chaos Runs
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cMKrwNA2OmZz8tVEQo1_FZnRZXpNT463/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for pointing this out! Corrected in the spreadsheet.

30. JustWentSouth

I think there is a typo and the services are:
    5J49 parts 1 and 2

I really loved the ECS run to St Pancras. My favorite 395 run so far on the new SEHS. Thanks for finding this!

31. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Recommended run for TSW3
    SEHS
    1N14 Charing X to Strood
    18:09
    Class 465/9

Recommended Weather (September-Clear-Dynamic)

An evening commuter run of medium length (32min).

I thought this was an interesting service pattern of all stops Dartford-Gravesend (Platform 2)- Strood. A few yellows here and there and a red approaching Gravesend that almost caught me. You get to open up the 465 a little after that, which is always fun. Got another short red approaching Strood. Weather was clear to partly cloudy and it was nice watching the eastern sky darken into into twilight

SEHS has been my most-played route in TSW3 so far, but all 3 routes are really good.

+1 for 1J11 Ashford-St Pancras

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  32. adlian_cc203

adlian_cc203 Member

Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  33. Choo choo

Thank you! I think the following services follow the same patterns:

-5J40
    -5J81
    -5J52

And other services starting with 5J do the reverse route in the morning between 8-10: between London and Ashford as empty consists.

There is also the unique 5J95 service between London and Ebbsfleet running empty, to then come back to London as 1J95 as a normal passenger service.

• Like Like x 2
  34. JustWentSouth

That was excellent! I loved how you could catch multiple signals in a straight stretch and see green, yellow, and red all ahead of you. This gets a GOAT nomination in my book. The updated Bakerloo timetable is fun to drive and the extra AI is a a nice touch.

Here is the latest update:

TSW3 Recommended Service Runs
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ouid=108028767534258522758&rtpof=true&sd=true

TSW Compatible Recommended Service Runs
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/14YgilvnKZFc7TJXyqftRJ0I5yTMlMf81/view?usp=sharing

Chaos Runs
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cMKrwNA2OmZz8tVEQo1_FZnRZXpNT463/view?usp=sharing

• Like Like x 2
  35. JustWentSouth

I had a similarly excellent experience with this run. Started out with light clouds. Had adverse signals in dense fog. Finished the run in a blizzard. It was awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  36. cloudyskies21

Absolutely! Glad you enjoyed that recommendation. Funny thing is, since TSW 3, while the extended SEHS is such a brilliant route, probably my second favourite after London Commuter, since the new timetable update for Bakerloo, I've been playing this route by far the most in the last week.

On a separate note, looking forward to trying some of the new SEHS recommendations soon too.

• Like Like x 1
  37. Jon from Rhode Island

I know this might be heresy to purists but this is also a hell of a lot of fun in “roller coaster mode.”

38. cloudyskies21

It's time for another awesome service suggestion, this time from the TSW 3 version of SEHS.

1B91 - Ramsgate to London Cannon Street - 17:49

This, to me, was a recent highlight - especially recommended for those who love an hour of the Class 465!

What's pretty cool about this is with the 465 you go all the way from Faversham to Dartford - around 30 miles and about an hour in length. Some unique features of this specific service is it doesn't stop at either Sittingbourne or Rainham, and only stops at Greenhithe on the Dartford section. While the start of the journey is relatively quiet, by the time you get to Rochester and onward all the way to Dartford, there is an impressive amount of AI traffic - 375s, 465s and 395s - which certainly makes the route feel very alive. For the weather, if you select September with light clouds, you start in a nice evening light, before getting a beautiful golden light thanks to the new TSW 3 lighting - and by the time you get to Dartford it's night - very enjoyable!

• Like Like x 11
  39. reallychummy

reallychummy Member

Thank you for this, what a great run I just had here.
    I'm lucky enough to have recently got a good specced gaming rig and playing this at 4k was wonderful.
    The sunset as you head towards Gillingham is astonishing, and by the time I emerged from Chatham the sky had taken on the hue of a nasty bruise heralding a huge electrical storm that accompanied me all the way from Higham to Dartford.

• Like Like x 1
  40. cloudyskies21

No worries, glad you enjoyed it! Yeah the TSW 3 lighting and dynamic weather - plus more of these super busy timetables too - has certainly brought a whole new experience to the game which is brilliant, offering a different gameplay every time which makes it more interesting.

• Like Like x 2
  41. reallychummy

reallychummy Member

The only thing missing for me was not being able to do the run in EPB stock with Cromptons and derelict 4SUBs at Hoo Jn :D

42. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

I would recommend The charity javelin part 4 where you follow an 465 from dartford all the way to gravesend before getting an green run mostly

• Like Like x 1
  43. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Cajon Pass: Barstow Yard Switching 9, dept 16:49
    Watch for the interactions with an AI switching unit in the same yard. Awesome timetable run.

• Like Like x 3
  44. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Now this might go into some big spoiler territory regarding the updated SEHS, but let's just say, the TGV isn't the only international high-speed train that visits this route. But in order to see it best, I highly recommend you go and do the follow two services down below:
    • The second part of the Charity Javelin Railtour (5Z12/1Z12 starting at 4:01)
    • Service 1J72 from St Pancras to Ramsgate starting at 22:35
    ...and make sure the month is set to either October or November. As for what happens... that will play out before you're own eyes.

• Like Like x 5
  45. LastTrainToClarksville

TSW3 :: Cajon Pass :: Barstow-away (this is actually a scenario, but well worth experiencing)
    This scenario opens new territory for DTG: car inspection and handling.
    Like all jobs in the enormous Barstow Yard, much of this one involves driving from one distant location to another and back again and having to change quite a number of switches along the way, but it's what happens at the start that really breaks new switching ground.
    ===========================
    I've just one complaint to make and it applies to all of the jobs I've driven so far in YSW3. It involves the often-repeated phrase "Stop in location". Why "in", as opposed to the more common "at". At least in American English, "in" implies entering or going somewhere, whereas "at" means reaching a particular location. Yes, I'm a picky grammarian -- and I don't apologize for it -- ever.

• Like Like x 2
  46. LastTrainToClarksville

That's something I've noticed about many of the switching jobs in Barstow: getting from one location to another is not just a matter of setting switches, it frequently requires waiting for another, higher-priority train to cross your path, with switches being set against you that, in some cases, you just set in your favor. With this route, DTG has decidedly extended and improved switching activities. Now, if only there were more switching tasks to accomplish!

• Like Like x 1
  47. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

Here's one to try: 1E93 Class 465 London Bridge to Ramsgate. Run limited stops to Strood, then follow a stopping service while running nonstop from Gillingham to Faversham, encountering plenty of yellow and even some red along the way. If you have keen eyes, you may spot this service crossing over the Medway line while you are pulling into Strood. This service is also part of the SEHS journey.

• Like Like x 1
  48. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Member

Thanks for the recommendation, I enjoyed seeing that.

49. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Here are two from Riesa-Dresden 08:51 Riesa-Dresden Loaded Sggmrss DB BR155 if RSN is owned if you have Riesa-Dresden with SFS Hannover Wurzburg 185.2 Rallion Paint and 09:00 DB BR363 Chemical Plant to Riesa service.
    For the 08:51 Freight you will follow a Freight train that is behind the regional from Riesa to the Chemical Plant there you encounter another special run the 09:00 DB BR363 Chemical Plant to Riesa trip. For that Trip, you are held at the chemical plant Transfer Yard due to heavy Train Traffic including the 08:51 Riesa-Dresden Sggmrss loaded service. After the heavy train traffic, you can now run to Riesa to get the Zacns tanker

• Like Like x 1
  50. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

Same. I wasn't sure when it would happen and if I would notice it, but let's just say: it's hard to miss. I didn't even know the dispatcher could handle that specific 'move'.

• Like Like x 1