What Is Happening

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by blueghost, Oct 9, 2018.

1. blueghost

blueghost Member

Downloaded the new add on this morning, up till now scenarios are full of problems, the 1st scenario the train would not move. The 2nd scenario, when manually coupling the train you have to stop at least 3 to 4 feet away from the trucks as it will not give the go ahead to couple, once coupled and arrive at RED light you can't get permission to pass as there is an oncoming train which is also sitting further up the line at a RED light. Check mate.

2. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

For the first scenario, make sure you don’t overcharge the brakes by keeping the lever in the release position for too long. This will cause the train to be unable to move

3. blueghost

blueghost Member

Cheers I will give it a try.

4. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

Once again, this is the sort of thing that needs to be communicated via the game itself, you shouldn't have to go trawling the internet to find stuff like that.

5. blueghost

blueghost Member

Is this relevant to my thread, if it is WTF are you mumbling about

6. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

Yes, of course it's relevant. You were asking why you couldn't do something in a scenario, you were given an answer about not over-charging the brakes. If you know about trains, that may be completely obvious, a lot of people playing this game won't have clue. My point was, like many other things, stuff like not being able to progress because you may have inadvertently overcharged the brakes should be pointed out in the game. You shouldn't need to trawl the internet.

A lot of people will think it's a bug and maybe give up on the game altogether.

I'm sure you'll agree, it's in all our interests to make the game as user-friendly as possible, to attract new players and ensure the game is successful.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

What is meant by "over charging the brakes"? Ive heard it mentioned and have a working knowledge of loco v train v running but not this. Cheers.

8. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

I first heard about brake overcharge issue on one of Matt's streams. I’m not exactly sure, but I think the release position on the brakes are only used if you need to release the brakes quickly. Never hold the brake lever in the release position for more than a few second. If you need to release the brakes normally just put it in the running position. If you need any information you can always check the manual. It doesn’t have much on the locos, but it has a lot about signaling, PZB, and sifa. Manual can be found here:
    https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/ste...eg_Nord_Driver's_Manual_-_EN.pdf?t=1534787753

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  9. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Ahh ok. I tend to do that exact thing.. good heads up.

10. blueghost

blueghost Member

So where is it that I have trawled the internet for any solution, get off your high horse and re-read my first thread, plonka

11. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

My mistake, I thought this was a public forum, not your personal message board, where only you are allowed to post.

If you found the solution to your problem, why ask here and why say the first scenario was full of problems?

Maybe I missed something somewhere here that says nobody is allowed to criticise the game, if so I apologise and maybe you can point me to it.

All I’m trying to say, is the information should be available from within the game, which I don’t think is too much to ask.

As i said, a lot of people might try this game, knowing nothing about trains, done the limited tutorials and come to a point, for whatever reason (I know, it’s happened to me) that you do something wrong and with no warning, the train stops and seemingly whatever you do, it won’t start again.

I imagine I wouldn’t be the only person whose immediate thought is “the game must be bugged”

And I really don’t see the need for personal abuse just because someone has a different opinion to you, but hey, I suppose that’s just the way of the world these days.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Hawk Eyye

Hawk Eyye New Member

For what it's worth I had this problem as I was holding the breaks in Release, I didn't know until I fell across this thread and it did make me turn the game off on launch day for this DLC and go back to Fora Horizon 4 as it was to hard to actually make the the trains go.... so yes something in the game giving me pointers on this would have helped me a lot......

• Like Like x 2
  13. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

I rest my case :)

• Like Like x 1