PlayStation Rsn

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Ibanez074, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

So what's the verdict on the new route from those who bought it? Worth it? Bugged?

2. Eric261992

Eric261992 Member

Apparently more traffix

• Like Like x 1
  3. Maxxxxx

Maxxxxx Well-Known Member

I like it. Its one of the best, if not the best Route currently available. Off course it has a few Bugs, like missing Cartenary or popping up LODs (but thats sadly no bug) etc. It has more traffic than RT but since there are only 2 Trains for this Route, its still pretty empty.
    So, i recommend it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mr.Drew

Mr.Drew Member

Can you turn off PZB?

5. Gswales

Gswales Member

Yeah PZB can be turned off

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

Yep got to say it's the best yet. Sounds great and looks great apart from lack of cars etc.
    Also having trouble with a PZB emergency stop. Can't remember where it was but i had a speed limit change 2km away and suddenly it slammed on the emergency stop. On closer inspection of the track behind me I saw a PZB magnet, on its own without and accompanying signal or speed limit change warning sign. Is that normal to have a magnet on its own as it caught me out?

7. Northlander

Northlander Guest

Trying the first scenario on RSN, followed all instuctions but the train won't power up so can't move it! What have I missed???

8. Omenanraato

Omenanraato Member

Restart scenario.

9. Northlander

Northlander Guest

Tried multiple times, how I fixed it was press and hold the brake overcharge button (it doesn't tell you this)

10. dannyjpj

dannyjpj Member

I love RSN! The livery is solid, detailed and runs beautifully. Controls are nice and responsive and all main controls work, however things such heating don’t which is always a bummer as we buy the game for the simulation.

Getting used to a traction headed loco isn’t easy especially when doing freight runs and applying the break as it tends to run over and come to a complete stop if you aren’t careful and precise but it just takes a bit of practice.

The scenery can be sometimes dull but there are some beautiful locations such as the power station and the detail that has gone into the surrounding buildings along the track is lovely.

As always tutorials aren’t as in depth as you’d hope but you pick it all up as you go along like all the others. After being fairly disappointed with WSR, RSN has quickly brought my attention back to TSW!

Last thing that I was shocked to see was the price! 24.99 GBP?! I mean it’s worth it but that’s a big price for some.

11. DarthHazard

DarthHazard New Member

I've just pre-ordered Red Dead redemption 2 for £40. No way am I paying 24.99 for ONE line. I underdstand that this is the way simulators work but this is way too much. Its the only thing holding me back from buying it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Northlander

Northlander Guest

I guess in some respects, its because they are selling the game as a 'hobbiest' game rather than what we'd call a game. So just like the real thing in the model railway world, you pay quite a bit for a single train to add to your model collection. There's no real parity with how many routes we got in the base game, versus price. The base game could be looked as the 'starter kit' and it's up to the players how much they wish to add to that, just like model railway fans do?

• Like Like x 3
  13. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

You say that, but you could buy Train Sim 2019, which has just come out, that comes with four routes and some other stuff, for exactly the same price as one add on route for TSW.

I will only buy more dlc, I bought WSR, if and when they fix at least most of the reported bugs or when they appear in a sale. £24.99 is way to much for dlc in my book, hobby or not.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

I agree about the bugs but then you'd have to factor in spending £800-£1000 on a PC...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

I already have a half decent pc, just prefer gaming on console.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Northlander

Northlander Guest

And that is the million dollar question...
    Why has DTG split their resources on creating 2 train sim games almost at the same time? TSW and TS19....I could have understood if one was a PC only and the other a console only, but from the PC perspective, why, if you can get TS19, would you bother with TSW? TS19 seems the likely version PC gamers would go for (with the potential 3rd party content if previous TS's are to go by) I cannot understand DTG thinking behind the 2 games

• Like Like x 3
  17. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

The update for ts was just to update it to 64 bit. The rest is still the same game which is around for a long time.
    They do still produce content for it because it has a large install base and they need that money to also fund the developing of TSW.
    The TS engine is outdated and the update was just to make it a bit more stable and to give the game so more years. But the tech is limited so thats probably one of the reasons they deceided to start with a new base, modern engine.

Building a Sim like TSW from ground up is a lot of work and it will expand over the years. But sure they could have done things better for TSW especially in the communication. But thats another story.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Northlander

Northlander Guest

I assumed because it was being called TS19 as in 2019 it was because it was a new game (with all new tech, like say the Farm Sim games) Didn't know it was just an update from previous TS games

19. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Ah okay i see. Its around for some time.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Train_Simulator_(video_game)