Positive Feedback (mostly) Thread For The Folks At Dtg

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by JesseBlue, Sep 4, 2022.

1. JesseBlue

JesseBlue Active Member

First of all I must start with saying that so far I love TSW3.
    It is really great, and I had no major issued with the game at all.
    No crashes whatsoever so far (on PS5).

This needs to be said, because the negative feedback here from many was pretty strong before release.
    And in part also understandable.
    My personal breaking point was the disabled save game function, which really hurt my excitement for this game quite severely!
    Adding to that, some of the issues that popped in the live streams mixed together with the previous track record of DTG not fixing bugs or taking ages to do so, and I didn’t want to pre-order the game any more.

Some late fixes and details shown before release changed my mind again.
    Thankfully. As I did not regret pre-ordering at all.

TSW3 has pretty nice improvements in some details (like the wheels).
    But also some major ones.
    The new lighting for example is a BIG improvement.
    TSW2 was mostly really BAD at evening/night lighting, as some lit train stations looked totally and frighteningly dark.
    And the new UI is so much better already.

Also a big compliment to the guys and gals responsible for the SKW timetable.
    The AI traffic at Würzburg made a friend who is totally well versed about this stuff nearly jump in happiness.
    He can’t wait so see what you did with the BR 612 there. :)

The only downside is that there are no regional trains that can be driven on this route.
    But maybe a route extension is in the cards. ;)
    (See my other thread about the hidden Lohr Bahnhof on this route)
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/secret-route-extension-found-in-kassel-–-würzburg.58159/

This is the strengh of the new SEHS.
    Which contains fantastic options for high speed as well as slower regional trains with beautiful landscapes.
    I have not yet tried the US route. Not having a save function does not help.

Some points I found so far mainly for SKW:

+ positive

Great surprises:
    All PIS displays in Dostos are working!

Working PIS Screens in ICE3!
    Both are fantastic additions (finally every display in Dostos works!!!) but still needs some work on the details.

- negative

Speed in display of ICE3 has some small bug.
    It does not display three figure numbers.
    100 km/h is displayed as 00
    (99 km/h is correct as 99)
    It also says two times ICE.
    In addition, it only seems to work in the first waggon.Dostos PIS also had some spelling issues (Umlaute not working, Number „0“ missing).

Following thread I found gives additional details and infos about this:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/pis-has-problems-all-over-tsw-3.58316/#post-532981

Arriving 3 minutes early in a station resulted in the PIS saying we are 3 minutes late?! ;)

Weird camera glitch on PS5.
    Sometimes it switches to max. settings so it is barely possible to use.
    Then it works normal again in other situations.

For now these are my thoughts so far.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Thanks for your constructive feedback, Jesse. Glad you're enjoying it, and we'll keep a track of your feedback.

3. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

So far I am really enjoying TSW3, well done DTG, the team have done a great job. Looking forward to adding some of my existing routes and DLC when they become available!

4. JesseBlue

JesseBlue Active Member

Oh yes, can't wait to have my other routes back.
    Especially for the locos and the variety this will add, for example at Würzburg station and BR 101 timetable.

5. darylb88

darylb88 Member

Excited to play Bakerloo Line with the new timetables and weather.

• Like Like x 2
  6. leewood83

leewood83 Member

Very much enjoying so far. Had a couple of issues on PS5 big drop in frame rate down to 15-20 FPS for a small section near the end coming into Ashford International platforms from Ebbsfleet.

Cajon pass has a couple of situations for me where the wagons are invisible and then pop in last minute when coupling. Bit of pop in trees and scenery but on the whole a few tweaks needed and a bit of optimisation but fairly pleased so far.

Takes me around 75 seconds to get to the dovetail logo on PS5 which is a fair bit slower than TSW 2 anyone else have that?

So far glad I got the early access, the skies at sunset are great and looking forward to trying some of the older TSW2 routes albeit staggered.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
  7. rich.minty

rich.minty Active Member

TSW3 is by far the best train SIM I have ever played.

There are very few games I can play all weekend but that's exactly what I've just done with TSW3.

In TSW2 I found myself feeling mentally tired after a couple of routes but not so in TSW3. The visuals are stunning with the new volumetric clouds and lighting at times, almost feeling real with details that were previously hidden in the darkness now popping in 4K HDR. The LOD has been sorted on just about everything, so no more wonky doors and windows on buildings.

A few minor bugs that I am sure will be ironed out in due course... Matrix wagons and locos, broken wheel blur, br185 sifa, br401 and ICE consoles unable to change destination to name the few I've seen.

Overall, totally impressed and at times awestruck. Can't wait to see what DTG have done with the updated Spirit of Steam and of course, all the routes I currently own in TSW2.

Thankyou DTG. Amazing

• Like Like x 1
  8. JesseBlue

JesseBlue Active Member

Yeah, it really is a lot of fun.
    Can't wait either for the TSW2 routes, although - sadly - they will look the same and will not benefit from the new lighting, which makes things so much better.
    Therefore, I am also very much looking forward to the next new route with all the new features and technical upgrades of TSW3 coming with it. :cool: