Tsw 3 - Sehs Update Changelog Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Aug 10, 2022.

1. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I knew someone would grab this!! Cannot tell the total. Be nice if they had the total number at the top. Nice catch

• Like Like x 2
  2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Slightly off topic, but I don’t get how they do all this work with the UI, and still have that pretty daft service length display.

It needs to be either moved well clear of the service start time, or needs to be in a different format.

• Like Like x 1
  3. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I like that there’s more detail about what the service is, know it’s harder with bigger time tables but it’s nicer than just guessing from a headcode

• Like Like x 2
  4. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

What's wrong with the service length display? It's nice to be able to see how long a service will take before starting it. Where do you suggest they move it to?

• Like Like x 1
  5. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

If London Commuter ever got the same type of upgrade as SEHS, I'd love to see some of the freight services which are listed here on that: South Croydon, Purley etc.

• Like Like x 3
  6. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I have no issue with it. In fact I like that it's quite prominent, as how long a service is is a big decider on whether I play it or not.

• Like Like x 5
  7. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah seeing how long a service lasts for is great, and needed.

It just looks poor, because it’s in the same 00:00 format as the start time.

It needs to be changed, something like ‘47min’ ‘85min’ would differentiate it from the other time, that is literally right next to it.

I just think it’s weird that something even DTG themselves said doesn’t look very clear, is still here after all the UI work.

It’s like the current TSW 2 route card system, looks a mess, but you get used to it, doesn’t mean it’s no longer a mess.

• Like Like x 2
  8. PBrogaard

PBrogaard Active Member

Normally I don't jump in on these pre-launch posts, as obviously WIP screenshots are what they are. However, nice to see the overhead catenary has recieved some attention to detail. Which brings me to the topic, I seem to be the only one (?) caring about, but here goes, please excuse me for banging the same drum.

Dartford from the stream showing the snow effects is the best close up picture of the points on the SEHS route in TSW3 (presumably):
    Dartford_TSW3_stream_snow.PNG

Notice the single HW point machine per point and single set of stretcher bars.
    Unfortunately, even this high speed route (not this part in particular), holds on to present the superstructure in this oversimplified way. Instead, it would be lovely to see all the real equipment installed (so far DTG have generally done a superb job with the basic parts, the point machines and strecher bars there are already in the game), that is more stretcher bars and point machines or at least locks in the four foot (in this case one point machine is correct, the locks are missing). Compare this to the same place seen from above (taken from Google Maps) and from a driver's eye perspective (screenshot taken from Youtube channel B.M.P.R's video "Drivers Eye View (Cab Ride) : Hoo Junction to Canterbury West Via Dartford, Lee, Tonbridge & Ashford"). Surely this comes down to prioritising what 3D assets to model and how to layout track in TSW, as this research took me 30 minutes, and I didn't even know where Dartford was (thank you for making a quiz out of it in the chat, Matt, helped a lot localising the place ;) )
    Google Maps aereal.png
    Dartford Driver's Eye.png

If you are interested in more detail on the issue, which I won't bore you with here, as it also goes for almost all other routes, I have made a post here (please note this is NOT meant as bumping that thread, but have a read if you like).

I look forward to see more footage from Kassel-Würzburg where I am afraid I will see the same lack of detail on points and crossings, and will surely comment in a similar thread about that route :) **well colour me suprised! Fantastic job on the German route when it comes to the point machines based on the stream**

Other than that I am very excited about the sound and light overhaul. Thanks for starting this thread.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Each switch has one motor. Look behind the speed sign in the screenshot. The motor for the other switch is there.

10. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

I just hope they change the speed sign fonts to the type shown in the real life shots above - they seem to have kept the same inaccurate fonts for years (apart from Bakerloo), unsure why this is. WIP shots so maybe they will, but at this late stage I doubt it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

7AC11017-1A31-46A1-9BB3-FE5CAA077BB6.jpeg
    The ICE 3 in Eurostar livery is a very close approximation and looks good. Unfortunately I can’t share it as it’s not allowed on creators club.

That being said, an ICE 3 did run to St Pancras before in basically the same livery you see in the game so you could at least have that running if you make a scenario. A TGV also visited but it’s the single decker variant.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  12. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

I hope the "eurostar" layer will be a 406 (SKA) because at least that would be a little Plausible.

• Like Like x 1
  13. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

They use the default UE4 font to auto generate number and text iirc. No idea why they couldn’t do what they did on Bakerloo, though.

The default font looks like someone painted it on with black paint.

• Like Like x 4
  14. PBrogaard

PBrogaard Active Member

You are missing my point…. ;)

But I can see how it could be misunderstood. The issue is simply that there are too few stretcher bars, locks and other point equipment put in each point as it is portrayed in TSW bar perhaps on Dresden Riesa where I think they have actually laid multiple point machines in some points and crossings. And yet some points and crossings like on the LGV and no doubt Kassel-Würzburg, which are high speed lines, had and will have to have more machines for each point and preferably movable frogs too. Hope that clarifies my first message :)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  15. anarchy99

anarchy99 Well-Known Member

Ba dum tss

• Like Like x 1
  16. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I think I've been to Ashford once (non League Football) but is it as ugly as Chatham? Heard Chatham was was a right state.

Matt said they had to more or less rebuild SEHS so can't think why this would be a problem. I know I'm biased but imho Paddington - Bristol would be the best route in the game.

Funny you should say that as it was Rivet that put Lightning into the IOW route but it was DTG that told Rivet to take it out.

• Like Like x 5
  17. fakenham

True! But I shouldn't complain too much - they've actually implemented approach release from red on this route which was my number one bugbear, so fair play to them for listening and doing that. Plus TPWS and OSS - OSS is a great addition, there's going to be a few emerg brake applications amongst us if this is implemented correctly! In OpenBVE you have to be down to less than approx 25mph when approaching the sensors otherwise you get the emergency brake. But it's all down to timings from one sensor to the next, freight is different to passenger I believe.

Anyway, maybe they can fix the fonts for the next UK route - all the German routes have accurate fonts, I believe....

• Like Like x 1
  18. seancrabtree2003

seancrabtree2003 Active Member

Something exciting about the new sehs will be we can do 186 mph between junction south of ebbsfleet to Ashford

• Like Like x 1
  19. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Another comparison I've made of the OLE around the St. Pancras area, which has now been fixed.

Before:
    International high speed OLE around the St. Pancras area (wrong)
    upload_2022-9-1_0-38-39.png

After:
    Conventional British style OLE around the St. Pancras area (correct)
    upload_2022-9-1_0-39-29.png

• Like Like x 10
  20. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Love the faded yellow nose there.
    Dovetails models look far too clean.
    Those machines get heavy usage.

• Like Like x 1
  21. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

Interesting to see some extra foliage on the track and lineside. Wonder if that building colour change is due to the lighting or an update to the texture, guessing the former.

• Like Like x 1
  22. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

That second screenshot is spectacular! Photo quality shadows and lighting. Looking forward to driving this.

• Like Like x 1
  23. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

I think that's just the lighting.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Desiro

Desiro New Member

Credit where it is due as a lot of us (self included) are quick to criticise.

I really like and appreciate the effort put into the new class 66.

I know the sound samples came from AP but, the implementation along with the physics and other improvements are real a testament to the DTG teams involved.

I made a comment some time ago hoping that the 66 would see some love and I’m really pleased that it has! Cheers guys!

• Like Like x 4
  25. fakenham

I'm really enjoying this route, especially driving with the 465 and dynamic weather, what a great train and what a great route. I've had some v immersive drives with these (check out 1E95 if you want a busy run).

The signalling appears to be working v well, they've implemented approach control from red at all of the appropriate junctions I've driven over so far.
    The signalling geek that I am, I'm trying to see if the signals for entry into Sittingbourne pl 3 and Rainham pl 0 work as they should with approach control (I'm sure they do). Which services in timetable mode, if there are any, access these platforms ?

• Like Like x 1
  26. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Dont think any trains access Rainham pl 0 as there is no Thameslink services. I tried the 465 ECS from Faversham to Sittingbourne but it arrives at Platform 1. Maybe try to create a scenario see if you can test it that way. Assuming you have the right paths in Scenario Planner.

• Like Like x 1