Tsw3 The Definitive Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Sep 2, 2022.

1. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Yes that does stick out, but I assume it's part of the fps optimisation.

Certainly the game runs much smoother with a steady 62fps at 1980x, but I'll need to adjust the screen as it's currently far too bright.
    My monitor is set for photography so I'll need to find an in game method to reduce it.
    There was an Ini setting, but I've forgotten it atm.

2. Lokomotiv

Lokomotiv Active Member

Not sure if it works still and I haven't tried this myself but I came across this forum thread regarding shadow rendering distance.

And in the spirits of Tsw3 The Definitive Feedback Thread maybe DTG should consider updating the TSW3 crash report form:
    Screenshot 2022-09-04 124940.jpg

Omg, TSW3 showing traces of TSW2 Train Simulator 2, scandalous :D

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
  3. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

TS2 not TSW2. This is a remnant of when DTG were still internally calling Train Sim World "Train Simulator 2". The name got buried into the code during development (hence TS2-Prototype) and it wasn't worth ripping everything out and replacing it to change the name of the executable. Even TSW1 was called TS2-Prototype.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Lokomotiv

Lokomotiv Active Member

Ah, it all makes sense now thank you for the history lesson!

5. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

That is not directly shadow draw distance. On that spot, for clear performance reasons, the 3d track went into an imposter mesh that will not draw shadows for the same reason. As i know the imposters are rendered out from the 3d track, so they basically look the same but without shadow casting and way less polygons and textures to draw. That's a thing that is needed for now or the whole thing would not run on consoles or lower spec PCs at all. On a high end PC you can crank up some ini settings to move that a hundret meters further away with the cost of the needed performance from the GPU then.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Callum B.

Would you happen to know what UE4 command would accomplish this, or at least where to start looking?

Cheers

7. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

Should be the view distance scale or some lod distance scale. No idea, i never fiddle with the ini settings here. I use it as it is. Could also be that the track renderer (yes, that is a separate renderer written by DTG) does not react to the ini settings at all. You need to try it out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Loving it DTG. The UI is SO much better.

The lighting and skies are just stunning - dusk and dawn is beautiful, and night time is now properly dark.

I do think the eye adaptation is a bit overly aggressive and colour gets blown when you look down at the ground though. I had to mod the compensation curve.

I'm blown away by scenes like this:
    20220904132945_1.jpg

This is so touching too:
    20220904110111_1.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  9. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Admittedly, TSW 3 is now a very good wallpaper generator :)
    This is probably what I missed in this game before - spectacular visual experiences.

PS I think we all unanimously complained about these elements. I would like to see the RSN with all these new features... someday :)

... I am counting on such remasters. Not only dynamic weather but all the toys.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Callum B.

At first glance it reminded me of this. :)
    [​IMG]

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  11. breblimator

breblimator Guest

The longer I play, the harder I come to the conclusion, it should be like this, "overbright". Feel the heat. When the train enters a shaded area and the colors change, even in the shade of the trees, this relief is almost palpable. Some textures look good in this brightness, others look worse. However, the whole scene looks much better than in TSW 2. It's probably a matter of habit. The screenshots show the scale of the changes. The picture is clear and crisp. It's hard to believe such an effect has been achieved. Now I'm trying to imagine the depth of field and the heat haze in addition. Just thinking :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

[PipeSmartAssNitPickingMode=1]

I see sparks coming from the ICE1 pantograph. Cool effect! But these sparks should be more blue ...ish.
    Finally the Germans have discovered their love also for green and grey cars, not only white ones. Progress!

[PipeSmartAssNitPickingMode=0]

:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  13. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I'd like to know what is DTG's policy going forward as to new routes, will they be doing brand new routes for TSW3 or will they be upgrading the old TSW2 routes to full TSW3 spec?

14. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

At what point will it be deemed acceptable for tsw3 to move forward from tsw2…….2030?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  15. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Nah, nothing's as bad as Penn Station in LIRR

• Like Like x 1
  16. dhekelian

I don't know if that was aimed at me but you do talk as if TSW3 is like a totally new game, it isn't. It is the same engine as TSW2 with a few more graphical updates but if they would want to move on why would they allow you to import TSW2 routes?

What I was trying to get at was will DTG make new routes for TSW3 or will they just concentrate on updating old routes? They might come to the conclusion that updating old routes is more of a money spinner for them than making new routes. I got know no clue which way they go but their first DLC should be interesting.

17. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm up for more extensions!

• Like Like x 2
  18. dhekelian

I think a lot of people would. Although I still haven't bought TSW3 if they would have extended the GWE I would of bought it no questions asked, well almost. ;)

19. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

Is there anyone who isn't running TSW3 with a top end PC out there yet? If so how are you finding performance compared to TSW2?

My own specs are as follows......

Windows 11
    i7-9750H
    16gb RAM
    4gb GTX1650.

And I usually sit at a steady 30fps at 1440p with TSW2. (set by myself)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  20. Rustyrails

Rustyrails Member

Agree! We need a photo mode like other games.

• Like Like x 1
  21. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

I have a similar set up (1660Ti instead of 1650 and only 8GB ram)- I get performance I'm happy with - personally would say slightly better than TSW 2....

• Like Like x 1
  22. dhekelian

Didn't DTG say that there would be no difference in performance as they are still essentially the same? Saying that if you genuinely are getting better performance then that is most welcome to hear.

• Like Like x 1
  23. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

having got my TSW2 routes downloaded this evening loading times have dropped a little but (and it may be confirmation bias as its a new shiny thing) I do feel (after the initial run) I am getting better frame rates (only maybe 5-10 fps) and loading times of routes is quicker too...

• Like Like x 3
  24. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

Your set up is still good enough for TSW3. I have a slightly weaker setup but sometimes still get 40ish fps, but averaging at 30 fps.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

More than just graphical updates. Training Center for one thing.

That is moving on. If TSW3 couldn't run TSW2 routes, people would have to keep the earlier game on their system even after buying the new one. Now anyone who buys the new game can delete the old one.

DTG has said flat out that they have no plans to update any more old routes for TSW3.

• Like Like x 2
  26. dhekelian

The Training Centre would run on TSW2 so it is just graphical updates and even the graphical updates could have been done for TSW2, Rivet put Lightning into the IOW DLC but DTG made them take it out with the excuse it didn't have a 'toggle'.

Value for money eh? People are still keeping their old TSW2 on their system due to the 'save' debacle. A video game in the 21st century without a save game?

To me that says TSW3 is not a move forward as the old bugs and errors are still there. DTG have also said the game should run the same as TSW2 as it is the same engine. imo there was no need for TSW3, TSW2 could handle all these updates. TSW3 should of been a total new game and be worthwhile like having the UE5 engine which would be a while yet.

It is obvious why they did it this way and I'm not denying some of it looks good while some of it doesn't but there is nowt there that really interests me at the moment so even if I were to look at seriously there would have to be a good sale, I'm not paying £30 for something I already have.

• Like Like x 1