Possible Expansion Pack For Tsw3?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by WonterRail, Sep 7, 2022.

1. akstorlied#2840

akstorlied#2840 Member

Passenger cars................... with a dome car...

2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

The F7 sounds fun. Lookins forward to see what it will be like.

3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

No, it's for Kassel-Würzburg! It will be the first German mainline diesel loco in TSW. My guess is it will run some of those night freights alongside or subbing for the TRAXX and ex-DR electrics.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Making new rolling stock for TSC is MUCH easier and quicker than it is for TSW. The latter will never be able to compete in variety; that's the tradeoff for better graphics and physics.

• Like Like x 2
  5. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

It is not. It is for SEH. I guess, it will be like the one on GWE with DB livery (as DB took over EWS).

6. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Is there a site or forum on the internet where y’all discuss these hidden things in the game files? I was completely unaware of all that until today.

7. Anna_AWVR

Anna_AWVR Active Member

That's correct.
    I'm also testing the services to make sure that you even can make it the full run. An ABBA set pulling modern-day rolling stock isn't a walk in the park.

And yes these services are already in all three core timetables and have support for Gen8 as well.

I made a livestream on YouTube and Twitch day 1 and then also posted on the public Train Sim Community Discord

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

would still prefer a pack for the rush hour routes such as a Class 700 and an Acela or even something to pad out the Spirit of Steam route.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Time and again this point has been made and set aside with ease. You don't get fewer new locos because expansion packs exist, you get expansion packs because the loco and route builders are busy building new locos and routes and the timetable guys and art guys need something to do.

• Like Like x 3
  10. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Nice find, I would imagine the boxcar is one from Clinchfield, if it's going by the way of reskinning the Clinchfield stock in Santa Fe livery.

The Dispolok livery you're refering to is this livery.
    [​IMG]
    Interested to see what rolling stock it might come with, as I can't think of anything for this looc to add that hasn't already been done in the route.

This image below shows all of the possible RHTT variants that could come with this pack all lined up in one consist.
    [​IMG]
    If this information is anything to go by, this could actually be quite a fun pack, certainly alot more promising than the one that was made for TSW2 (and I also believe this proves that these three routes are alot stronger core three than the core three we got with TSW2).

Image Sources:

• Like Like x 5
  11. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I'd assume we'll get at least the refrigerated fruit car, and maybe the coal hoppers from Clinchfield as well.

Your larger point is very valid though.

I've been imagining a US Heavy Freight pack that would come with one loco (Dash 9, or maybe an SD70M) in various liveries (CSX, UP, NS, BNSF, CN) and a boatload of freight-car variants in both current and fallen-flag liveries. Even the grain and tank cars that are usually in the fictional DTGX reporting marks could be livened up a little with color variations. Enable subsitution on all appropriate routes and i bet people would be willing to buy. I certainly would.

12. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

The whole DLC seems (unfortunately for me) to be only for Freight Services. It would be nice if DTG at least tried to set the DB BR 182 as a Substitute for the existing DB BR 101 Services.

• Like Like x 6
  13. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

The DB 66 was part of GWE

14. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

For me the value of this pack would really depend on the type and amount of services the Dispo 182 and Class 66 bring, and with what rolling stock they come. If the Dispo 182 has some unique freight wagons (perhaps some of the really fast ones that can go up to 160 km/h under LZB), and the 66 has some good railhead treatment services alongside a handfull of other ones it might be a value to me. I do really like the yellow/grey livery on the Dispo 182, and I am hoping that comes and substitutes on a lot of routes, I also hope the 182 is fully brought up to spec (removable reverser, brake modes, improved safety systems and perhaps a sound upgrade)

• Like Like x 5
  15. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

The F7 and some Boxes for this "new" expansion pack is not really worth it imo. Much like the CSX-S SD40, it's just a big meh of being a reskin in a timetable from a different era. Rather see a proper DLC like a Diesel Legends pack, would've been better than this junk again.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Hope the 182 will have new sounds

• Like Like x 5
  17. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

For the Dispolok 182 I do see it coming in with Hccrrs or Ddm915 WLAB Sleeper Bmz73 2nd class intercity carriages as the Hans Albers Nightjet to Hamburg Altona from Innsbruck Hbf Hccrrs WLAB Sleeper Bmz73 2nd class intercity. Wien Hbf has the WLAB with Bmz73. For the Dispolok Baureihe 182 DTG should go to Aachen or Koln Hbf and wait there for an OBB Baureihe 1116 which can then serve as the source for Dispolok 182 sounds.

18. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Those services are in the hands of BR101s and I hardly think it's reasonable to expect DTG to produce whole new sleeper carriages for an expansion pack.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Agreed, the SD40 was such a let down, not to mention it still has the CRR number range and font on the loco. I feel like this ATSF F7 will also be such a meh release.

Also hate how we have to buy the whole journey pack, especially for those of us interested in only a portion of the content, it's another reason why that SD40 is one of the few bits of TSW content not in my library.

20. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Wasn’t the last expansion less than a loco DLC? or am I making that up?

If the F7 has improvements over the CRR version (which some may not have) it’ll be decent value, even if you just buy it for the one loco.

The other expansion I only bought for the SKA improvements, and even then I don’t often run S-Bahn services on that route, it was still well worth what it added for me.

21. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

I want to see this too. I'd throw in an extension to Leipzig on Riesa - Dresden with the ICE T, it would make the route the "little bit of everything" German route. Currently, LZB running is the only thing the route is missing to get a full-service variety which such an extension would deliver.

• Like Like x 2
  22. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Given what they did with SEHS, I think DRA is the most likely route to see the same treatment with an extension to Leipzig.

Hopefully DTG are looking into this.

• Like Like x 5
  23. driverwoods#1787

Do you mean train simulator classic where Riesa-Dresden got extended to Leipzig with a part of Rapid Transit Built the Leipzig S-Bahn tunnel. Best value is merging rapid transit with Riesa-Dresden with Leipzig Riesa being the missing piece of the merger. That way there is a bundle called Dessau to Dresden via Leipzig or Saxony Railway adventure pack Rapid Transit and Leipzig Riesa Dresden Railway

• Like Like x 1
  24. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

That will most likely not work, I assume that Rapid Transit is too old for an extension. For the same reason, DTG cannot extend Great Western Express

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. driverwoods#1787

Ok then but for Dispolok 182 why not give it a new Freight wagon the Hbbills reefer (ÖBB Rail Cargo Austria) then a Kjils which is from Schnellfahrstrecke Hannover Kassel Würzburg
    ÖBB Hbbills Reefer
    [​IMG]

26. jolojonasgames

I think that for the 182 the ex-InterCargoExpress, now Parcel InterCity wagons should be used. The Parcel InterCity transports mail and packages between German distribution centers, and is the only freight train (as far as I know) in Germany to operate above 120 km/h, as it operates up to 140 km/h on conventional lines and up to 160 km/h on LZB lines. It is typically hauled by a BR 182 from DB Cargo (or leased by DB Cargo as the Dispolok 182 could be) or a BR 101 from DB fernvekehr (would also be a fun substitution oppertunity). The only problem might be DHL licensing, but DHL content has been included in TS Classic, so it does not seem like a huge hurdle. It would really sell the pack for me, as it gives it a unique oppertunity to include Parcel InterCities and the fastest German freight trains wich are a staple of the Hannover-Würzburg high speed line.

[​IMG]
    A DHL/DB Parcel InterCity rushing through a station.

[​IMG]
    The Parcel InterCity network, with the (Hannover-)Kassel-Würzburg High Speed line as one of it's main connections between Hamburg, Stuttgart and München.

Edit: I also found this video of the Parcel InterCities from Stuttgart and München being shunted together at Würzburg, a fun extra shunting service that would give even more reason for choosing this wagon. The video also contains a lot of info about how the train is operated (it sometimes even overtakes slower freight trains on the parallel track with both trains running if there is no opposing traffic, and has two locos with both the loco from München and the one from Stuttgart combining in the front).

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  27. jolojonasgames

After just having played the MRCE 182 I'd also like to add that it feels right for the 182 model to get some updates. Most importantly: removable reverser, brake selector, new lights (high beams currently emmit less light than marker lights for some reason) and a rework of instrument lighting which is weird and pixelated at the moment with the LZB indicator being way to bright. Maybe some physics and safety system updates also need to be done, but I'm not expert enough on those to tell exactly what would need to be done there.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Blacknred81

$14 for a new repaint with errors, and 2 others I will never use doesn't seem like a good value to me.

• Like Like x 2
  29. jolojonasgames

The thing with these packs is that it's value to a person really depends on how much of the stock they're interested in, so I can totally see your position. As I'm only interested in the RHTT Class 66 and mostly the Dispolok BR 182 their quality and what they come with rolling stock and scenario/service wise will be the deciding factor in whether I want to buy it. Can't really say anything about value of this pack until we actually know more about what it contains and how and at what pricebit will be sold.

30. Blacknred81

They should honestly do what they did with the base TSW3 game, have 1 set that has all 3 locos, then each one available separately so one doesn't buy stuff they don't want.

• Like Like x 4
  31. jolojonasgames

We'll see. It seems like a logical idea as many don't have all three routes but just one or two.

32. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

So was this pack in our faces the whole time from the announcement of TSW 3?
    I'm not so sure how the German or American dlc would have given it away but with the 66 and the Railhead treatment train, it kinda was. I saw the below picture in video (link below the pic, if You Tube plays the video from the start then go to 5 minutes and 53 seconds, continued below).

[​IMG]

Notice the leaves being blown around the place and the stormy looking weather9 that will reference the dynamic weather, which we all know well most of us, that he dynamic weather is bloody amazing). Check the video you will see a couple of times the segdeways of leaves being blown around the screen so to say. I did think at the time it would be nice to have the railhead treatment train in TSW. I was kinda more thinking of how Goldstar trains has created the MPV for Train Sim Classic that looks fantastic. Anyhow I digress. Some of us noticed as well a picture of a rather dirty (weathered) class 66 at the training center (see below). This picture was part 2 of the roadmap for August 11th. Most of the people from the Uk now how dirty the class 66's get during railhead treatment season, if you are unsure then take a look at the picture of the class 20's on RHTT duties.

Also the fact that in the SEHS deep dive post they mentioned about seasonal services. So in theory these services could be used by us all year round if we like (like the rest of the seasonal services are) But the Ai would only drive them for say between October and December which is RHTT season in the UK, although it does sometimes extend to January..

Yes I know the 66 mentions DB RHTT but by the looks of it they have used SEHS66 base model. So in theory all they have to provide is a weathered loco weather its in DB or EWS livery. i wouldn't be surprised if one or the other loco would / could layer in and if scripted like snow build up when its snowing the grime would appear over time whilst spraying or most likely the loco would appear in a dirty state.

Then we come to the spraying from the wagons themselves. Could this be activated or deactivated by the player?
    Could the spray work similar to the particle effects of the steam engines.

Thoughts?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hentis

• Like Like x 3
  33. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 9
  34. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

That's just a cleansing mask, it'll peel right off

• Like Like x 2
  35. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Yes pure dirt is never a problem, even for heavy weathered components.
    But as soon you have the oil & grease allover from the wheelset lubrication, on top the brake dust, you wont even have a chance with a nitrogen blaster anymore.

We use to clean bogies with high pressure warmed water, just need to be careful with the traction motor openings & air inlets.

36. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Another cheap way for DTG to get another quick buck. They are really trying to squeeze every penny of players. All I see is another cash grab

• Like Like x 1
  37. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Everything’s a cash grab according to you. My local supermarket sells bananas and they expect money from everyone who wants bananas. That’s a blatant cash grab. There’s a bloke on the market who fixes mobile phones. He could do it for free but he charges money. Blatant cash grab. The window cleaner is the same. I could clean my own windows for free but he seems to want money for doing it. Cash grab.

• Like Like x 24
  38. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  39. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

i bet your writing this for money.... Blatant Cash Grab stujoy !!

• Like Like x 2
  40. tallboy7648

It is a cash grab. You can pretend it's not but it basically is. Im not the only one that thinks that. Considering that these liveries can be put onto the creators club, it's nothing more than a cash grab

Also when is everything according to me a cash grab?

• Like Like x 2
  41. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s not just liveries you get (and those liveries are professionally done not like ones on LP or CC), there is also playable content, timetable services and scenarios, and possibly more that we don’t know about yet (rolling stock, loco functionality differences), or how much it will cost to buy it (if anything). So you can’t say it is a cash grab just yet. It might be a good value pack like Diesel Legends was.

With regards to me saying everything is a cash grab according to you it is just something you say a lot on the forum about a lot of DTG’s releases. You have said this is a cash grab three times now without even knowing the full details about it. TSW3 itself is a cash grab according to you and using the search function on the forum you can find every other time you have said something is a cash grab or money grab. About 40 times in total.

• Like Like x 7
  42. Blacknred81

Based in what I've seen what has already been pulled from TSW3 from those with the tools, I'm just not seeing it.

Can't comment on the other 2 pieces of content, but the F7 isn't really much.

The formations seem to be boxcars only, so only 1 piece of rolling stock, may be a new 40ft boxcar, maybe a reskinned Clinchfield boxcar, we don't know yet. The formations also iirc have no mention of a caboose, which should be there based on the era, (Which would be appropriate to reused the CRR caboose, as they are a "Santa Fe" style copula caboose.)

Also assuming the F7s are only gonna be 1 paint scheme and with most of the runs on Cajon most likely being A-B runs between, what would make this pack more valuable that doing the same thing with the creators club, livery editor, and Scenerio planner?

Even if the F7 had better sounds, I still feel like modders will still put out better 567 or horn sounds that what DTG could offer.

• Like Like x 3
  43. redrev1917

So many assumptions with nothing to back them up. Until its actually announced we've no idea what it contains, we are assuming that it contains boxcars behind the F7 yet they could simply be place holders in the timetable replaced in the timetable once youve got the expansion pack or whatever it is.

The only concrete facts we have is from the steam acheivements and thats the locos included and the names of the scenarios. Everything else is just conjecture.

• Like Like x 7
  44. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

I would love this idea:) However, the PICs are long gone. To expensive, to complicated, not enough time gained to justify the extra cost.

What is left of them, today, are still special trains, however, with normal wagons and locos. You can spot them, as they use the train number 50000 to 50020. If you read the first post of this thread:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...g-freight-time-table-guide.58086/#post-538700
    one will see that they are already in the SKW timetable today.

45. Blacknred81

If DTG proves me wrong, then great, but I'm just not seeing it atm.

46. tallboy7648

Im not seeing how it isn't nothing but a cash grab to be honest. The F7 for instance isn't really much. A paint scheme with average scenarios and a to b runs that could easily be replicated in scenario designer, livery designer and shared via the creators club. I'm standing by my opinion and you can disagree all you like

• Like Like x 1
  47. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

I think I will have done my driver training on this route after using SEHS for 2 years plus. I wonder what section of this entire route this potential RHTT will require me to run on..

48. redrev1917

The longer we have to wait for the original new journeys expansion pack the more I think its possible that the TSW3 version will include content for the new 3 cores routes as well.

Think about it from a commerical perspective. New Journeys include additional content for the old core routes, but to a new customer who doesnt own TSW2, then its not going to sell very well, afterall few are going to buy all 3 of these routes (BKL, SKA & SPG), add content for the new 3 core routes and all of a sudden its got appeal to the new comers & old hat like us.

• Like Like x 2
  49. redrev1917

Talking of cash grabs, I find it very hard to describe the decision to sell the original TSW2 core routes at £25.00 each anything but a cash grab considering in TSW2 you could pick all 3 up for less than a tenner (and still can if you know where to look).

Nothing is more likely to turn a newcomer away from the game then blatently ripping them off.

• Like Like x 1
  50. jolojonasgames

Yeah, I fear my info's might be slightly dated.