Game Update Train Sim World 3 - Update 6th September 2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG JD, Sep 6, 2022.

1. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Appears to be a widespread problem. Many are also not seeing the Island Line 2022 add-on yet. DTG have acknowledged the issue.

2. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

As someone who doesn’t know much about German locos is this speechless in a good way or bad way?

3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

This sounds really weird. This train has a very unique sound and the sound mod for this was uploaded right away which means something.

4. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Speechless negatively. Look at real life BR187 videos or even the TSC version and you’ll see how they massacred the sounds

• Like Like x 2
  5. YASUKE

YASUKE Active Member

Lmaoooooo

6. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

They haven’t been tested on TSW2 yet? So what exactly have you been doing for the past year while we’ve been waiting for this content on TSW2? Because I’m fairly certain we were waiting for it all to be tested…

• Like Like x 13
  7. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

I don't think JD meant that they haven't been tested at all, but rather that the builds now released for TSW3 need to be tested on TSW2 before releasing there.

• Like Like x 1
  8. fatnslo#7264

fatnslo#7264 Member

The updated Peninsula Corridor was shown off on streams over a year ago. I bought it based on this thinking maybe it would be out by the end of 2021. I mainly wanted the update for the Raildriver support. Here it is over a year later and to get the updated version I have to buy TSW3? Unforgivable!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  9. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

Great to see the audio for the LIRR M7 and M3 has been revamped and the route received some TLC with the new sounds and dynamic weather

10. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

When I first saw the info about updates to 187, I thought maybe this is the time to get the DLC... well not after watching this video... big NO. Inaccuracy to the side it sounds like the loco constantly has 15 different traction sounds playing over each other creating a really horrible mix. I'm one of the very few people who don't like the new 185 buzzing, but I'll take that over this any day. I guess the 187 DLC will still stay on the "not even for free" pile.

• Like Like x 5
  11. TheTipsyRaccoon

Even to prioritise TSW3 for these updates is ridiculous and a slap in the face to the entire community.

• Like Like x 6
  12. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

Any news about the Xbox update?

• Like Like x 2
  13. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Just trying to get to the bottom of this, actually. There was an update overnight to Kassel-Wurzburg, and now that is out of the way, the new build has been submitted to Microsoft, so we're awaiting approval from them.

This patch contains the Motion Blur toggle; everything else in this list would have been released before the routes were available yesterday.

• Like Like x 4
  14. YASUKE

YASUKE Active Member

When Hamburg Lubeck route be available for PS5 please ?

15. DTG JD

• Like Like x 1
  16. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The sounds on the m7 are still not great. It suffers the same issue on the M7A where the propulsion cuts out in the last 4.6, or 8 cars of the train.

17. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info.

Everything in the update list is already there? That sounded quite different yesterday.

If it has just been submitted, it usually takes 1-2 weeks. Sometimes even longer.

18. DTG JD

We have a rapid-patch window to expedite some updates during the launch. It's in Microsoft's hands now though!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

When is the next roadmap coming out DTG JD?

20. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Next week

21. DTG JD

We've been discussing this internally. We want to get our heads down and focus on release, so we'll be providing a 'what we're working on based on feedback' update for TSW3 towards the beginning of next week, but the next formal 'Roadmap' will be at the start of October.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. StokesJH

StokesJH Active Member

So not next week. Why do you answer as if you are an employee of DTG ? Or is it just an assumption ? Next time, please write that you are assuming something instead of stating it like a fact.

• Like Like x 9
  23. yep knew u would do roadmap in October hope that WCML is on there as we now have traffic on there is a huge easter egg

• Like Like x 1
  24. CowBoyWolf

I only said from what i heard from someone with close relation with DTG

25. StokesJH

StokesJH Active Member

So no first hand information. A good reason to be careful with your statements.

26. CowBoyWolf

Yeah well i'm sorry then

• Like Like x 2
  27. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

I hope the ECML is on the roadmap, but I wouldn't mind the WCML with the pendolino

28. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

No update for Clinchfield was ever listed in any Roadmap. AFAICT, it's been abandoned.

29. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

As you may recall, MP did say that it was on the list to be fixed last year when he admitted it had been missed by the dev team.

There has been no official statement that it is no longer on that list.

It's unforgivable to promise something and then simply, as you say, abandon that commitment.

There have been a few broken promises along the way.

• Like Like x 3
  30. CowBoyWolf

31. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

It feels like with the Peninsula Corridor has functioning crossings the gates stay open when no trains are coming but if trains are coming they stay closed like nothing changed. The gates stay closed if there’s no train in sight like Rapid Transit rather then opening and closing when trains approach. Are they linked to the signals?

• Like Like x 1
  32. solicitr

Supposedly, the correct horn for the SD40 already had been recorded and was going to be added "shortly", at the time of the release stream. That recording was actually used in the SPG "Stripe" version. But on Clinchfield, nada. And no change at all wrt banking comms, impossibly dark nights + useless headlights, or the incorrect routing/signaling (or the impossiblity of one Journey service, set in the snow with too little traction for the conditions).

Which is an enormous shame, because despite these major problems, Clinchfield is still one of the best routes DTG have done.

Perhaps its abandonment is just the harsh maths of sales figures? SEHS was apparently the most-played route in all of TSW last year- and it gets a complete overhaul and upgrade.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

I missed that. Hope springs eternal.

34. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

The sd40 on clinchfield did get the new horn though

35. Agent Llama

Agent Llama Member

This. I’m pretty appalled to be honest. I’ve been holding out on playing Peninsula Corridor and RRO because we keep being told the Pres Crew update is coming, and then we get told TSW3 gets them at release, with no timeframe for TSW2 players. Really poor from DTG - feels like we’ve been misled somewhat as we were told endlessly the updates were coming before TSW3 was announced. If I recall correctly, we were told in one of the livestreams it would be by the end of the summer - it appears that the caveat ‘for TSW3’ was left out of that.

• Like Like x 8
  36. solicitr

The cynic in me would like to say, "Because that way DTG get to charge us money for the fixes."

• Like Like x 3
  37. TheTipsyRaccoon

Won’t be charging me for them. I’ve bought every DLC up to and including Spirit of Steam. I’ve spent literally hundreds of pounds on their content, but not another penny will go their way if they abandon TSW2 the same way they did TSW2020. It wasn’t acceptable then, it isn’t now, and this is a company that on every apology stream because they messed something up, claims they’ve learned from their mistakes. Seriously?

• Like Like x 12
  38. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Hi
    At least fix trophy/achievements and the game breaking bugs.

• Like Like x 1
  39. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

I notice a bit of an improvement over the default TSW2 LIRR M7 sounds. The new sounds for both the M3 and M7 are very similar to what is featured in the Harlem Line, but I do notice there is a bug when the train decelerates. Something with the deceleration of the propulsion sounds off.

• Like Like x 1
  40. torben.meyer1995

torben.meyer1995 New Member

So the cane creek AC4400CW still cannot be properly edited in the livery editor because of a bug that causes the textures to change into a horribly ugly mesh of colors around the plough and fuel tanks. It has been over a year since I wrote a ticket about this and still nothing? I really hope you guys will double check everything before it becomes compatible in the livery editor. And I REALLY hope they won’t just take the easy way out by removing the AC4400CW from the livery editor altogether. DTG does a good job but skyhook always messes something up.. DTG can you please tell skyhook to fix this issue? Everything else seemed to have been addressed already but the fact that you can’t properly edit the AC4400CW is just mindboggling as it is one of the if not the biggest problem of the route as of right now!!

41. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

The new BR 187 sounds not great. It has this weird echo effect with the traction motors, as well as a loud traction fan which is not present on the real locomotive. The horn has the same echo effect and the duration does not match the time of pressing the horn button. BR 187 in real life sounds like this: (skip to 1:00 to hear departure)

• Like Like x 1
  42. roysto25

roysto25 Well-Known Member

The ominous words from JD are those referring to a 'change of remit' for Adam's team - the only team that seems to achieve any visible improvements (when they are allowed to see the light of day). That, plus the obvious relegation of TSW2 updates to the 'scotch mist' file (and we know from past experience with DTG where that file goes).

• Like Like x 4
  43. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Hoping for an update next week to fix some of the issues players have noticed since launch, like the broken PIS for example.

44. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Maybe he assumes you would notice he is not tagged as a DTG employee so everything he says is not an official statement of DTG?
    We can't put "I assume ..." in front of everything we post.

Is it the cynic? if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, it is a duck!

45. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

No more Toblerones!?

• Like Like x 5
  46. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Unplayable!

• Like Like x 2
  47. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Well I’d like to update this…

I finally got to take a look at the patched HSC today since is now downloadable on PS5 for TSW3 and THIS ISSUE IS FIXED.

Container trains both directions are now a much more realistic 6431t

Thanks Skyhook skyhook- sean .

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1