PC Tsw3: Br101 Changelist

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by cwf.green, Sep 6, 2022.

1. ACCOUNT42

ACCOUNT42 New Member

Not only that, the br182 instrument light of Hamburg line also exploded

2. Victor4815

Victor4815 Member

please repair the gaps between the passenger cars

3. Gurkonier

Gurkonier New Member

I have the same issue on NJ 490 at 02:50
    KM 222.8
    with a slope of0.8%

The train only starts moving if i press HL angleichen constantly and will stop if the HL pressure falls below around 5.2 bar

Yes i know, it's raining, but i have no problems with wheel slip, or so.

Edit: It's still not going after the rain stopped

upload_2022-9-22_22-32-6.png
    upload_2022-9-22_22-32-27.png
    upload_2022-9-22_22-32-45.png

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  4. Xaineth

Xaineth New Member

They’re aware and working on the lights

5. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

I have been investigating this issue over the week and think I identified the cause and a fix. However, I can not say when this will be patched unfortunately.

Some temporary things to try:
    1. Do not use HL Angleichen at all (or at most overcharge to 5.2 bar or less, but this should not be necessary since the locomotive automatically overcharges to ~ 5.2 bar).

Even if there wasn't an issue with this function it's not really something you should have to use very often. The use cases I can think of are: not having ep-brakes enabled and needing to charge the brake pipe back to 5.0 bar (if it stopped at 4.8-4.9 bar) or to test for stuck brakes. With ep-brakes this should not be necessary afaik. Using Angleichen/overcharge incorrectly can even cause issues with real trains.

2. On the problematic trains, release the train brake as soon as you can and use direct brake to hold the train. This should hopefully let the brake pipe pressure settle back to 5.0 bar (or close) when it's time to depart.

3. If neither of these things work, follow (1) and (2) but while you are boarding, fly back through the train and pull the distributor release valve about 5 seconds on each coach. This should vent the control reservoir back down below the brake pipe pressure and ensure brakes release.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

Just wanted to quickly report back that I am really enjoying the latest updates. Especially the Fahrschalterquittierung is more than welcome, especially on this route (a reality feature I am really missing in the ice1, hope this will be fixed at some point).

Thank you for posting the changes here, who knows if we would have ever been informed about it, if it would have been up to the regular update notes;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. cwf.green

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the updates! :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. bdobronz1968

bdobronz1968 Active Member

Yes, thank you so much for this update. I hope that the BR101 will be further improved by someone, the light cone looks terrible compared to other trains, the digital speedometer can only display 160 km/h, just small things, but it would be cool if this train would come near perfection.

What is „Fahrerschalterquittierung“ and how does it work?

9. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Here:

• Like Like x 1
  10. OpenMinded

If I remember correctly, the head light is a compromise, as there are limitations in the game and people were constantly complaining that they are too dark. Tbh, I like them exactly as they are and would not like them to be changed, under current limitations. It’s pretty much the only loco I don’t constantly drive in high beam

I am not sure what digital speedometer you are referring to. In case you mean the LZB speed indicator, it works perfectly for me. It also displays 200, as long as there is no speed restriction ahead?!
    upload_2022-10-2_9-47-23.png
    EDIT: completed the sentence in bold… no idea what happened there

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Lamplight

You can switch the left MFD to a TRAXX-style speedometer. Being copied from a TRAXX though, it only goes up to 160km/h. To be honest, I’m not sure the real Br 101 even has this option, seems a little superfluous.

12. bdobronz1968

No, I don’t speak about the LZB indicator, you can switch to a digital speedometer in the left display. I use this screen often because it also shows the current PZB limitations. I think it‘s the same screen like in BR 146 or 185, an the speedometer is only up to 160 km/h. This is no game stopper, but it shows that with a little bit more love this train could be the perfect one. But I‘m totally aware that these are the things where compromises must be made, same with the missing FIS destinations in BR 403 or other small cosmetic issues in TSW3 which are not very nice, but no bugs.
    And yes, the light cone of the BR 101 is much better than in TSW2 and i wish that it would be available on all DLCs using BR 101(and to be honest I really wish that BR 406 and 403 have a light cone at all on the legacy routes, no matter how it looks. SKA at night is liturally a nightmare.). But compared to the ICE3 version of TSW3 it looks a little bit odd.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
  13. Lamplight

Well, to answer my own question, I had a look at the manual and the 101 does have an “MFA-Ersatz” (MFA replacement) on the MFD, but the manual doesn’t show what it looks like.

14. OpenMinded

Ah, didn’t even realise the ersatz display was modelled at all:D they have probably copied it over from the 146. And even on this loco it should go above 160…

15. OpenMinded

Mh, had a look myself. I do not think it looks even close to the real thing, which should look more like this:
    upload_2022-10-2_20-38-5.png

And since we were talking about the 146 as well, this goes up to 180kph (both pics taken from another simulator, btw):
    upload_2022-10-2_20-39-36.png

160 simply does not make sense for a loco that is qualified to that exact speed, as the driver would quite like to know if his train travels faster than 160:cool: (must admit I was too lazy to actually check in game, that it actually is also limited to 160, simply assumed the 101 was copied over)

16. cwf.green

Regarding passenger lights illuminating the cab (known by DTG as was mentioned above), head lights or MTD behaviour: that’s not something I can change. If you think/know that is incorrect, your best (only) option is to report it to DTG.

The MTD erzats display is definitely incorrect and as was guessed above it’s basically a copy paste of the BR185 (which was the basis of the loco iirc). I’m guessing now but my guess would be that the choice was between no backup speedometer or this one. Worth mentioning is that display screens seem to be one of the most time consuming things to implement/change so I wouldn’t get my hopes up, but like I said that’s not my area so I have no more information than any of you.

• Like Like x 1
  17. cwf.green

If the MTD acted like it does IRL you wouldn’t get any PZB speed restrictions (I presume you are referring to the BR185 style yellow bar for 45 km/h monitoring). So be careful what you wish for ;)

18. bdobronz1968

cwf.green
    Hallo William, thank you so much for your great work. The last update make the 101 much more predictable in terms of breaking and speed reducing, it‘s a pleasure to drive it! It‘s less challenging than before, what I really prefer as a casual train gamer. Especially the "Fahrerschalterquittierung" is very well made (similar to how it is in the BR 403 and 406 ever since in my opinion), but I wonder if this changes to physics had been made in order to please the players or to get closer to reality?

To be honest I wish you will be asked by DTG to update the BR 401 in terms of breaking as well. But maybe the current behavoir of the ICE 1 regarding automatic braking with LZB and AFB is realistic, I don't know, but not having the possibility to overule the systems doesn't feel allright.

19. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I believe the ICE 1 is the first DTG train to model eddy braking (Wirbelstrombremsung), which would make it feel a bit different to what we're used to.

20. tygerways#2596

tygerways#2596 Well-Known Member

Shouldn't the ICE 3 have eddy current brakes (I think you can read the "WB" for "Wirbelstrombremse" on the right MFD), while the ICE 1 has magnetic track brakes (at least originally)?

21. solicitr

Yes, I might have misspoken. It may instead be the case that the Kassel- model 403 is the first TSW train with WB

Don't know if the 401's magnetic track brakes are modeled.

• Like Like x 1
  22. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

Is there a list of all new scenarios and services / which are included with the BR101?
    Which DLC are needed?

cheers

23. cwf.green

The original route that supported the BR101 (Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr) has over 20 services and several scenarios.
    Riesa-Dresden contains several services. Hamburg-Lübeck contains two services. Kassel-Würzburg has several services as well, including two night train services with autotransport wagons.

You don't need any extra DLC to run the services mentioned above, just BR101 + whatever route is mentioned. There are also mods that replace ICE trains with BR101 IC trains on Munich-Augsburg and (iirc) Köln-Aachen.

• Like Like x 1
  24. maxipolo12

Thanks! will be my next buy on next sale
    HRR is not mandatory right?

25. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Yeah it is mandatory as the DB BR 101 is an TSW2 loco and not an TSW3 one

26. maxipolo12

Well another think I do not understand from DTG :D I have to buy one DLC of 29,99 € + a loc of 13,99 € if I want to play the Loc alone oh yesss

27. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I think (unofficially) you can use the DB BR 101 without buying HRR. Yes, it's not supposed to work, but if I uninstall HRR I can still use the BR 101 without any issues--at least on TSW2. I'm not sure if the same holds for TSW2 content in TSW3, but maxipolo12 doesn't own TSW3 anyway.

Cheers

28. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Well thats strange then

29. Callum B.

I've just confirmed that it works the same way in TSW3. I can select the BR 101 and load into a service on Kassel-Würzburg without any issue, despite Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr missing.

upload_2022-10-19_22-19-0.png

upload_2022-10-19_22-19-10.png
    [​IMG]

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  30. maxipolo12

I bought it again today :D
    I am sadic

31. Callum B.

You and OldVern! I can't keep it all straight!

Cheers

32. cwf.green

That picture is pretty great! The sun light has that early fall look to it.

33. breblimator

breblimator Guest

34. stanciupushing

stanciupushing New Member

Useful for us to know

35. maxipolo12

Finally bought the 101 Without HRR.
    I have services on Kassel and Riesa.
    I can also start custom services from people.

Do you have good custom services to propose ?
    For the best train in the game I find that it lacks of good and interesting services in the game :(

And I do not want to buy HRR because of the length :/

36. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Try HBK' (2). HRR' are good too.
    I don't remember SKA' New Journeys timetable, what with the 101 there.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  37. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

IC60401 and the two NJ services on SKW are excellent, especially if you do your own LZB braking by using the electric brake alone as described elsewhere in this thread.

Many of the HRR runs were excellent, but I went back to my favorite one just before TSW3 launch and the timetable had been adjusted and the adverse signals were gone.

I agree with breblimator , IC 1941 with the SKA expansion pack is an all time favorite run. The two HBL runs are fantastic as well.

Enjoy and let us know what you find.

• Like Like x 1
  38. maxipolo12

So HRR is for you a good option whereas it is a straight line from A to B in 20 Min? I find this a bit short and boring that is why I ask :) (no offense)

HBK is hamburg Lübeck right? I never intend to buy it because of steam reviews ^^
    2 services, it´s not a lot :D

I have to spend some time in editor tool to make some scenarios..

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  39. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It's only 2 cuz it's the real timetable lol. Same with the services on ska. There's also a couple of skw which isn't a lot but you will be able to go fast and use lzb

• Like Like x 1
  40. Lamplight

The 101 services on HRR are quite good. The services on other routes are mostly just straight green runs whereas HRR makes you push the 101 to its limits with frequent red signals and short distances between stations coupled with an overall busy timetable giving you lots of things to look at as well as adverse signals (I have called HRR rush hour before rush hour released in the past and still stand by that). Yes, HRR is short with a roughly 30 min ride end-to-end, but that ride is often really intense if you've got all the layers (should just be MSB and 101). Don't judge a book by its cover and don't dismiss HRR because of its length :)

• Like Like x 2
  41. maxipolo12

Than you I will give a try

42. cwf.green

HRR is the most fun I had on the BR101 tbh. Yes it's short, but that's sometimes a plus. You get two or even 3 stops (certain services) in 20-30 minutes.

• Like Like x 1
  43. breblimator

breblimator Guest

44. noir

noir Well-Known Member

I finally got to try your changes and I love them, this is probably as close to real physics as we got so far in TSW.

As this seems to be in your field of expertise, I'd like to have a request for you.
    Firstly however - I don't have first hand experience with german trains, so correct me if I am thinking this all wrong. I do know however how locos in other countries work that share the same principles using the HB/HL gauge, or are international derivates of traxx and similar.

Imagine this scenario: You have a freight train of reasonable size so it takes time to fill up the train with air. Now when stationary, you set train brake into emergency to empty the air from the whole circuit, then you reset the brake level to drive position, apply some power and observe what happens.

In case of most german stock in game, the HL gauge moves to 5 bar within few seconds, basically following the movement of the brake lever. But simugraph ensures it takes time to propagate the air back to the train, and it takes about a minute before the train starts to creep forward.

In your 101, the HL gauge takes around a minute to climb to 5 bar. But then again, it takes about five minutes before the train starts to move.

Now to my understanding, the HL gauge should be showing what the air level is throughout the whole train - effectively telling you if (some parts of) the train has brakes applied or not, and to which degree (3.5 bar and less = full brakes, 5.0 or higher = no brakes). This is extremely important gauge for a freight train driver so they have knowledge about the state of the train. In the game though, the train is braked even while this gauge says 5 bar, ie. all brakes are released. At the point where the train starts to move, there is no difference in any of the gauge values in the cab, which seems extremely wrong behavior to me. We see that simugraph has the knowledge about the air pressure in the train as it holds it standing, but it looks like the gauge is linked incorrectly either to the brake lever or to air level in the loco only I assume (so at the beginning of the circuit rather than at the end of it).

So my question or request is, can you please make a patch so that this manometer (HB/HL gauge) is correctly linked to the full air circuit and shows the real brake state of whole train? I assume that once you make the patch for one train, applying it to all the other german stock will be very quick, as it's likely the cab scripts are heavily reused.

45. solicitr

While I can't speak directly of German practice, I can't imagine that in this regard it's any different from US practice: the brake pipe pressure is the reading at the sensor, which is necessarily on the locomotive. There would be no indicator for the back of the train, unless there was an EOTD installed with its own readout box in-cab (which would probably be digital). I don't believe the manometer is "correctly linked to the full air circuit and shows the real brake state of whole train;" I'm pretty certain it is pneumo-mechanically actuated by a diaphragm in the loco brake pipe.

46. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

The HL manometer is directly attached to the HL. So, it normally shows the exact pressure on that pipe over the whole train. There is nothing in between.

47. solicitr

The problem with that is there is no “exact pressure on that pipe over the whole train.” The pressure varies along its length; most dramatically during a recharge or after a release, but even when notionally static the pressure at any particular point is always changing, even if simply because of the movement of the hoses. In the instant case, when we are talking about a release, pressure at the pump (aboard the locomotive) is going to be considerably ahead of the back if the train in moving back up to five newtons.

48. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

I know, but i heard/read from different "Wagenmeister" that, at least in German trains, the pressure difference along the train is marginal and not really important. It is definitely a more important thing on very long trains.

49. noir

noir Well-Known Member

solicitr I am not sure if US brakes work in identical way, it doesn't feel like the usual european brake in G (freight) mode would work well with american extremely long trains. I am talking specifically about UIC indirect brake gauges here.

50. solicitr

I understand; but physics is physics. A gauge requires a sensor, and it requires a way for the input from that sensor to be transmitted to and translated into a readable instrument in the cab. AIUI, in both UIC and AAR installations the sensor is located in the locomotive's brake pipe and consists of a spring-loaded diaphragm or piston which controls the pressure in a small pneumatic tube; this tube leads to the brake gauge, whose needle position is a function of that pressure balanced against the return spring. The principle is essentially that of a dial-type tire pressure gauge.

This can only work onboard the loco itself; it can't incorporate locations along the consist all the way to the back. Since it doesn't seem that DB uses EOTDs either, I can only assume that the trains are short enough that the pressure differential/time lag aren't considered significant enough to worry about. But that does NOT mean that, as suggested, TSW is "wrong" by including that time lag!
    NB: if there were no time lag, there would be no need for P/G, G/G or LL brake setups! The whole reason for those arrangements is to compensate for the fact the brakes come on more slowly at the back of the train than at the front, unless one acts to retard them somehow.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022