Road Map Train Sim World 3 - Roadmap 6th October 2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Oct 6, 2022.

1. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Because they haven’t been reported yet. I didn’t use the SNCF nor TGV name in my TGVs with real life liveries on the creator club but they were taken down immediately the next day thanks to some snowflakes reporting me but at the same time other trains that shouldn’t be on the editor are still on since a couple of months now. I’m sorry I had to do that little off topic

• Like Like x 1
  2. Easy301

Easy301 Active Member

I appreciate you taking your time to help me out, thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mariner86

mariner86 Active Member

We don’t have a lot of Overhead Electric locomotives in the US period! In the last 20 years the only ones I can think of are the Aem-7 “toaster”. The Acela express, the HHP8, and the ACS-64 that we already have. So the options are pretty narrow.

Kind of a bummer I like many others have been wishing for a P42 Amtrak long distance locomotive. It could add passenger service to basically all the US routes. They are also would be a lot of fun to operate. Basically They have great sound and are really an iconic locomotive! I can remember when they first appeared when I was a kid in the early 90s and how me and my dad would try and spot them as they started entering service. Would much rather have that than something that can only be on one route.

• Like Like x 3
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The Toaster AEM-7 can be modified to become it's PZB capable version the OBB Baureihe 1043 for Austrian routes. If one owns HMA Main Spessart Bahn SFS Koln Aachen you will see OBB Trains there that includes the OBB Baureihe 1043

• Like Like x 2
  5. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

I hope the new US locomotive will be a Metro North P32AC-DM with Shoreliner push pull coaches for the Harlem Line. If this is added, I can see even more semi express DLC services for the Harlem Line to be added. An M8 may be unlikely but nice to have, as it would require the New Haven Line to be created, atleast up to Stamford. I have a pretty good feeling if it is not related to Metro North, it may be the Amtrak Acela as this is one of the highly requested US passenger electric EMU's

6. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

The locomotive code indicates it's an overhead electric train. Which only leaves the acela, hhp8 and aem as the only trains basically. Only possible option is the acela since it's highly requested like you said and dtg got sound recordings of it :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I hope it’s the Acela

8. DigiTMCN

DigiTMCN Member

I don't understand why on the roadmap there is a loco for TSW3 that is for an old TSW2 route. So the train will have the headlight lighting features of TSW3 running on the old lighting of a route? Unless I'm missing something.

• Like Like x 1
  9. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

So what new country will be coming to TSW? Hoping for Japan but I think it's gonna be the Netherlands

• Like Like x 1
  10. jackunion

jackunion Member

That model Rivet posted the other week is 100% Partick station. So praying that it was a hint at something they are working on.

North Clyde/Argyle lines is something I’ve suggested a few times for TSW. They have already done a good chunk of the route on TS Classic.

Lots of potential for scenarios and a varied timetable.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Daytona

Daytona Active Member

Spirit of Steam -

Q) Fireman - water management update
    Thanks for the answer my paraphrasing, if it helps anyone else -
    A) 1:37:59 Auto fireman being worked on. Steam physics need improving beforehand, this has been half completed and released, which caused problems (steam generation decreased or usage increased significantly?). Once completed it should be fixed. If not soon, then half release will be reversed. Then engineer will return to auto fireman.

Q) Reverser/cut-off accuracy - in game, 15% gives optimal acceleration from zero to ~70mph on both locos (tested in the weeks after release, in case it's changed)

Q) On a scale of 1 to ten, where do DTG view SoS in terms of difficulty and where are they aiming for

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
  12. breblimator

breblimator Guest

ATS & TSW means we live in the last days. Interesting. I hope we will manage to see some fruit of this cooperation.

GER "retro" content <3

BR o7

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  13. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

Niddertalbahn of course!

14. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Already confirmed that it is not.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Damn, a shame for the FGW trains on GWE... Less realism and less variation, a big loss for that route.

• Like Like x 3
  16. rennekton#1349

Cuz it's the tsw3 version. Also there's like no other routes since tsw3 just came out. There's only the compatible routes and the base routes which have loco dlc already

17. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

If we've already got the blue FGW, does this mean they will just disappear or does this only affect new users when they're removed?

• Like Like x 1
  18. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

Not exactly. Who said its not an EMU? Plenty of those using overhead BUT to add to your only possible option, the issue is we really dont have a TSW route to run them on. The Closest is Harlem but for what, only run it on the NYC portion of the route? MBTA afaik doesnt even have electrics at all. We have no NEC south of providence. So i do agree based on all of that, Acela would be the only logical option. But for future reference, loco dlc doesnt mean a straight loco but also could be an MU

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. trainnick77

trainnick77 Member

I hope its the acela, it would add variety the boston providence

20. antwerpcentral

So what is the release calendar estimation? Anyone got stats on how long it takes between between these roadmap streams and release? Just wondering if I will have more than 2 German route DLC by Christmas?

21. bobbobberdd

I doubt two German Routes before Christmas. The Niddertalbahn is not even on the Roadmap. I would say we get a new German Route just before the holidays or the beginning of the new year.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. antwerpcentral

Oh I heard something about auto test so I assumed that meant we would be getting routes on a weekly basis with TSW3. Matt seemed enthusiastic about. Like you see dollar signs in billionaires eyes, if there was a sign for resources becoming available, I saw that sign in his eyes :D

23. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Ok I have heard of the Acela Trainset (i remember driving the arse off of it in MSTS) is there a two cab variant of the Acela locomotive which is part of the Acela family? Or am I just thinking of the HHP8 loco?

Hentis

24. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

That's the HHP-8.

25. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Yes, this is the HHP-8, which carried Acela branding when it 1st entered service.
    Hhp8_661.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  26. jackunion

jackunion Member

When are we likely to know what routes we are getting?

Can’t be bothered with all the secretive stuff. If you know the route is going to be released eventually, let us know then we can manage expectations.

• Like Like x 9
  27. rennekton#1349

When it's the right time. Because of the issue of dra being announced too early and half the content being cut out, dtg are being extra cautious. Usually comes out within like a few weeks after the steamdb achievements get posted

• Like Like x 3
  28. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I think it’s likely we get more information before next roadmap on at least one of them, then the next roadmap will be updated with the updated information.

This way seems to better as the route will still release when scheduled (if you find out now you still wait same time for release as finding out later but when you find out later it seems to come out quicker ) and more chance to avoid a Dresden incident again

29. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

This is a good point, in the livery designer version of the HST it would be nice to have a neutral interior without any branding.

A huge upgrade, like 3.0 version of livery designer would be to be able to edit the interior design of passenger areas (textures only most likely).

• Like Like x 2
  30. AtherianKing

I imagine if that was a thing it wouldn’t go much beyond changing the colours at best, unfortunately but understandable

31. bobbobberdd

Didn't Adam say he was still in a very early test phase, maybe he can grant you this wish if you ask very nicely and say please:D

32. Conductor B

Conductor B Well-Known Member

I think the probability of the new North American offering being an Acela is far lower than the chance of it being an AEM-7 or HHP-8. The Acela would require the creation of an entire trainset, whereas the others are stand-alone locomotives that can be used with the existing Amfleet stock.

Likewise, with the "new country", I think the probability is in favor of Austria or Wales versus Japan.

I too would love to see an intercity British route north of the Thames, with a mix of long-distance, some regionals, and don't forget freight with something other than the class 66. Getting to drive an HST for more than 30 minutes would be fantastic, especially in some scenery that's a bit more engaging than the GWML in greater London. A locomotive-hauled night train would be enough to cause me to upgrade to TSW3 and buy said route.

• Like Like x 1
  33. rennekton#1349

They won't announce it in the roadmap so it will still say German route or American route, etc. It will release in an article

• Like Like x 1
  34. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

Less realism? GWR don't even use that livery anymore, and if they do it's very rare

35. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

As GWE is set in 2015 the FGW livery would still be very widespread.

• Like Like x 4
  36. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

I see. But the livery was taken out for a reason though. The only way you could access it was through messing with the games files or something like that, it was never actually meant to show up anywhere.

37. AtherianKing

only as DTG couldn’t get GWR to give them licence to use it, if they managed to get hold the license they could have allowed it to layer in.

they either created 2 to allow 2 or found out later about GWR situation so had to create and use only green one

• Like Like x 2
  38. london#6712

london#6712 Active Member

I think its got to be lizzy line and LNER

• Like Like x 1
  39. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

CrossLizPurp line would be a waste of time. It’s all tunnels to Paddington then duplicates GWE to Reading.

• Like Like x 1
  40. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

Elizabeth Line is very long + opened recently, DTG would have not collected much reference material if that was the case

• Like Like x 1
  41. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

I rather they keep it quiet as then it stops the usual “when is it coming” “why isn’t it released yet” comments

42. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

Not saying it is but...

New UK route? To my mind St Pancras to Leicester (84 miles) might make sense. In SEHS the domestic platforms have been made accessible (though very much lacking in any detail). You'd have a station that didn't look empty due to AI from other DLC. The MML could be used as an additional route for the HST to operate. And should AC Electric be Thameslink services you'd have the Class 700 which could ALSO be used on BML in DC mode (though that might be asking too much on top of an already packed timetable?) and remodelled as the Class 707 could be an option to run as "City Beam" services on SEHS?

• Like Like x 4
  43. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

good idea about the 700 and 707s that does make sense if i am honest

• Like Like x 1
  44. marceldiehr02

marceldiehr02 Active Member

I think, the New Germany Route is, Strasbourg - Karlsruhe!

45. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

I remember the last time they'd keep routes quiet the gap was 3 months between each route. This can change depending on length

• Like Like x 1
  46. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

100% Partick. Since moving to Glasgow I've been past this station on the bus

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  47. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

I hope what ever the UK route it includes the 700.this way it can be layered into the brighton main line and SEHS. Is a win win win. It can be like 3 new routes at the same time

• Like Like x 2
  48. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

That's true, but equally it would be nice to see a new region covered. There's nothing in the midlands, Wales, north of Scotland, Anglia, etc.
    A section of the WCML in loco-hauled era is my dream.

• Like Like x 4
  49. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

That would be cool but would they not say if it was a French route too (even if just for a few miles). Maybe that would be a giveaway though and there's nothing in the code to support it.

50. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

100% agree. Well except from the fact my dream route would be the ECML with Deltics and Valentas.