Nahverker Dresden S2 Expansion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tehangrybird345, Oct 13, 2022.

1. tehangrybird345

tehangrybird345 Well-Known Member

This is a small suggestion but I think it would be great to get the Nahverker Dresden S2 line expanded to the airport. And considering that this was originally going to be a part of the route and some of the code for the line is still there, it would make a for a great addition. Not much else needs to be added, but a new locomotive could be added alongside the expansion. A good candidate could be the 145 which has a whole article on its addition here: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...dresden-nahverkehr-db-br-145-and-146-0.50097/

Nonetheless, it would be great to have the rest of the S2 line, and it will give new life to the route.

• Like Like x 13
  2. i for one would like to see the same as train simulator and head to Leipzig would make for a great expansion and add more ICE's

• Like Like x 4
  3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

That's probably going to end up happening at some point. Create the icet which can replace the ice on dra, maybe add like a new freight train and reuse the other trains the game has

• Like Like x 1
  4. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

The part to the airport already exists, it just needs to get some improvement, it's not much to include, you can watch this video just by your self here:

• Like Like x 3
  5. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

I say it again and again. Yes please, I would even be willing to pay for it. It doesn't have to be free like Meissen

• Like Like x 1
  6. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I really hope this route gets an expansion and upgrade to TSW3

• Like Like x 2
  7. rennekton#1349 100% With you on the route going to be bigger ICE T is a must same with ICE 4 & ICE 3M and ICE 2 at one point we hope to have them all of course not just for this route

• Like Like x 2
  8. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Incredible, I never thought it would be so developed :o. Just need to polish some sections and finish the tunnel.
    What a pity we are not enjoying all this work they did! I would like to see it completed sooner or later. A lot of players love this route so I'm sure it would sell well.

• Like Like x 2
  9. drnicktgm#1259

There are a lot more sections that are build, that you can't access, for example in Kassel-Würzburg they made the full track to Gemünden, same as the connection to the Altbaustrecke from Gemünden, they are planning to do expansions to the older routes. You can just visit all the parts outside the map just like it's been shown in the video from Train Gamer

• Like Like x 3
  10. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Msb is very different now compared to what's in game. They don't use the rampe now I think

11. Loongeron

Loongeron New Member

This is to my topic about expanding existing routes :)
    Petition To Merge Routes | Dovetail Games Forums
    Almost everything is ready for their connection.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

It is indeed still a nice line to have. I'd also be willing to pay for it, especially if it comes with the BR 145 as you proposed (thanks for the link to my suggestion by the way). As others have mentioned a lot of the track laying has already been done, seems a shame to waste it's potential.

• Like Like x 6
  13. jolojonasgames

Wait which tracks do they exactly have extra on Kassel - Würzburg? Do you mean the entire altbaustrecke between Würzburg and Gemünden or something else?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Loongeron

Loongeron New Member

For me, there is no difference in these routes, especially in the game. The same objects are used everywhere. I see no obstacles for their association.

• Like Like x 1
  15. drnicktgm#1259

They included the complete line from Gemünden to Würzburg and there is a part from Gemünden to the Altbaustrecke that runs to Fulda

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  16. jolojonasgames

Interesting indeed, together with MSB that could make for quite the network

• Like Like x 3
  17. tehangrybird345

That would be really cool to have, maybe even merge it with Rapid Transit and that would be awesome

• Like Like x 1
  18. tehangrybird345

Though Rapid Transit does need some minor improvements, but that’s a topic for another thread :)

• Like Like x 1