Leipzig Hbf And Other Rapid Transit Improvements

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tehangrybird345, Oct 14, 2022.

1. tehangrybird345

tehangrybird345 Well-Known Member

This thread will mainly focus on two things Rapid Transit related, finishing Leipzig HBF and a better timetable.

To start off simple, Leipzig HBF really needs to be finished. It makes the whole Leipzig area feel dead and it could open up so many new opportunities. Just the idea of walking from the underground part through the station to the above ground platforms is exciting. It could also be used if Rapid Transit and Nahverker Dresden were merged (with the line between Riesa and Leipzig added in of course). There is also a track dedicated to preserved rolling stock on display, if we ever get a historic German route, that’s the perfect place to use it on a modern route.

Now for the timetable. The 2021 timetable is certainly an improvement, but it’s still missing a lot of potential layers, both ai and driveable. At Leipzig HBF, the trains that go there are as follows:
    ICE 1
    DB BR 101
    DB BR 442
    DB BR 1442
    And any trains that operate regional services

Though there are other stations too that operate these trains, including the ICE 3. There are also some S Bahn services that aren’t in the game that can be added in. And of course there is the opportunity for freight. The locomotives can be any of the freight locomotives already in the game.

There are also numerous bridges that could see ai trains, making a rare railfan shot if you happen to pass under one.

Let me know what you think of this, I think it will bring lots of new life to the route.

• Like Like x 9
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

The 1442 should also get redone like how the trains got redone with new sounds and physics in dra. The 1442 sounds like a cricket when coasting and there's no sense of speed or that it's running at all. I could fall asleep to that lol. Bring it up to the 442 standards in dra and put the livery on it.

Same with the 182. Bring it up to standard like updated sounds in the most recent version. Maybe updated physics if applicable.

Rt is a nice route but with an update to the timetable and trains to make it feel more like rapid transit, it would make me play the route more often

• Like Like x 2
  3. tehangrybird345

It turns out there are actually IC services (run by the ice 3 for some reason) at Bitterfeld but that’s it

• Like Like x 2
  4. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Agree that they should add more on RT, its an yes old route and kinda dead, we could see more. Also Leipzig Hbf could [like u said] open lot of opportunities for new stuff

• Like Like x 2
  5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

How about Freight Dessau Leipzig this requires the route to end at Leipzig Engelsdorf Rbf S4 line

• Like Like x 3
  6. tehangrybird345

That could be a good idea, it could also pave the way for a new locomotive

7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

I would like to add my own improvements to this route as well. I had created a thread last year October in regards to improving a.i. traffic. The new timetable brought me back playing the route a lot more than the original timetable. So I will copy and paste my original comment about additional a.i. improvements.

• Like Like x 1
  9. tehangrybird345

I like the sound of both, the extension to Riesa will also give the city tunnel some much needed additional layers

10. tehangrybird345

The route can also be extended to loop around Leipzig HBF like how it is in TS Classic iirc